Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 09:55 AM   #16  
Losing it!

Janice, I tried the recipe too. I used the chocolate cake mix with a diet cola. It was nice and moist, only problem I had, it seemed to not hold together to well when I served it.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #17  

Janice- Thanks for the cake recipe! Today is my dad's birthday and I was just searching for a good recipe! So I am off to get my mix!! I can't wait to try it.

Doni I am so sorry about your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

Thanks for all the great info. you ladies are all great!!!!!! I look forward to my quiet time (and not so quiet times) when I get to sit down and read your posts.

Have a great day

Tina
Old 01-24-2005, 11:59 AM   #18  
Janice

Gayle & Tina
From what I have read of the recipe to get it to hold together you have to add the egg whites. I have read a lot of posts and that seems to be the secret. Egg whites aren't going to add much points either. I'll let you know when I make it.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #19  
Janice

Gayle & Tina
From what I have read of the recipe to get it to hold together you have to add the egg whites. I have read a lot of posts and that seems to be the secret. Egg whites aren't going to add much points either. I'll let you know when I make it.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:21 PM   #20  

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been so scarce lately. I've been having a time of it at work, and not really been able to get on the computer. I've been trying to keep up over on the activity board, since that doesn't take too long.

1st, let me say to Doni--I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that everything is normal for Catagan. I can't imagine how worried you must be.

Sherry--I hope Wayne is OK

Ramona--how are the boys?

Shelley--sounds like you are doing well on your WW program. So, Core is the way to go, huh?

Gayle--Thanks for all the great recipes you've been posting! Are you the one who posted the one for Snickers Pie? Whoever did that--my mouth is watering!!

Carol--are you getting plenty of coooooolllllddddd weather up there? Whew, girl, I hope you've got the long-johns out!

Debbie--Glad to hear James is doing better. Still thinking of you, lady! Also, congrats on getting back to the Y--that'll make your day brighter!

Welcome (back) to Janice and Tina!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I am now officially pushing 30! Stewart took me out to eat steak the night of my b-day. I was able to stay at "home" with him four whole days! It was great!

I'll try to stay caught up,
Cheryl
Old 01-24-2005, 06:38 PM   #21  

Today I heard some awful news. The daughter of someone that used to be an assistant at our school died of breast cancer yesterday. She was a teacher at the middle school that both Patty and Becky had attended, and they both had her when they were each in the 6th grade. She was pregnant with her first child when Becky had her, then she was pregnant with her 2nd child when Patty had her. It is so sad, she was so young. You just never know what might happen.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:02 PM   #22  

Gayle you got me all paranoid! I ran to the magnifying mirror to see if I had chin hairs that had escaped my eyes! Whew, none there! That was some very interesting info on gallbladders. I think I will still keep mine. I have been through enough.

Carol welcome back. I wondered where you went. I hope that the surgery goes well and that you are not to worried about it. Is it going to be a lazer surgery? I know what you mean when you said to me sometimes things take longer to heal than we would like them to. You hit the nail on the head that time. I want to be back to me and do the things that "Dee" can do.Now remember that piece of advise when you have your surgery too.

Doni love and hugs being sent your way. I really feel for you. It just doesn't seem fair or right for something like that to happen. Doctors do not want to think that young women can have heart problems too. Now if that was a man.....

Sherry thank you for talking to me like a frank friend. I know that you love me so much that is why you are concerned about me going away. Well today when I went to see my doctor I told him. He will monitor me til I leave. I will see him on two days before I leave to check my blood pressure and my meds. I just have to take it easy, which I don't think that it is to hard to lift a pina colada to my lips as I sit on the powder sand with the hot sun shining down on my aching body. By the way I am going to join you at Shelley's til I have to leave. It is just too cold here too. Your family is in my prayers. You know that you are very special to me.

Shelley are you ready for us....hehe. You are right, you know me well enough that going away is as good as anyway to recover. What better place to do it than in Mexico.

Debbie just because James is starting to feel better it doesn't mean I will stop praying for him....lol He can't get off that easy! Isn't it great to think about getting a tan in the dead of winter and our winter is so much longer than yours.

Janice I have made the cake mix with pop a variety of ways but like Gayle it was very moist but it crumbled easily. Good idea to add the egg whites and for so little extra calories. That sure is a lot of hours that you work on a weekend. You must be exhausted. We have it cold here to. I am from Manitoba so I know what you are talking about.

Cheryl your birthday dinners sounded very nice. Entering the thirties is a good time of your life. You don't feel like you are a kid any more and you have learned many lessons. I am glad that you had four days with Steward. It doesn't sound like you guys get a lot of time together.

Tonight I am going to aquafit again. It makes me feel better mentally and it loosens me up. The doc and I both agree that it is a good thing for me. I have started to fake bake for a pre-tan so that the Mexican's don't jump on me right away to buy their time share! If you look brown they think that you have been around long enough that you have been conned into going to a presentation already. GTR Larry called and said that he is on his way home for dinner.

Enjoy your evenings.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:05 PM   #23  

Shelley I guess that we were posting at the same time. I am sorry to hear of this sad news about this young teacher. Cancer is such a terrible disease. They say that by 2010 it will be the biggest cause of death and not from heart disease. How are your girls taking the news?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #24  
Losing it!

Janice, I bet the egg whites will really help. I can't remember adding those to my recipe.

Shelley, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of such a young person. So sad when children are involved too. Will the school dismiss so everyone can go to the funeral?

Dee, I bet your already looking like a golden goddess. I'm excited for you to post some pictures now since you have a new puter! I agree with the prediction of cancer being the top killer by 2010, we are exposed to so many things compared to life 40-50 years ago.

Cheryl, I'm being nosey again...will you and Stewart continue to live apart or will you eventually end up living in the same town? I'm happy to hear you had a great birthday ~ you deserve it!

Doni, prayers sent for great test results where Catigan is concerned!

Sorry I'm not posting much over the past few days. Dee's back problems came to visit me Saturday morning. I can hardly move! Getting up out of bed or from a sitting position is a chore. I'm taking some over the counter stuff plus some muscle relaxers. Hopefully in another day or two, I will be back to normal.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:54 AM   #25  

Gayle-Please take it easy on your back. I'm sure that sitting and painting bent over doesn't help it at all.

Everybody-Come on down! Everybody can bunk in the living room!!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #26  

Gayle, as far as I know we'll continue to live apart indefinately, which really sucks at times. We both have good jobs (and tons of bills!) so neither one of us can afford to pick up and move right now. We just have to be content with 1 or two week-ends a month together. Maybe sometime within the next year we'll be able to spend more time together.

Shelley, that is sad about Becky and Patty's teacher. You know Melissa Ethridge has breast cancer--I heard on the radio this morning that she's gonna be on some awards show without any kind of hairpiece (she's going through chemo) to raise awareness. I wonder why breast cancer seems to be on the rise the way it is......Maybe it's always been there, but undiagnosed before? It's scary, for sure.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:43 AM   #27  

My weight stayed the same this week. I am feeling quite crampy and bloated. Ready to get TOM again. This is awful getting it every 2 weeks. I know that's why I didn't lose this week. I couldn't get on my favorite ring this morning either. Excuses, excuses! I still love the WW Core plan!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:52 AM   #28  

Gayle my sister, I feel your pain.....literally! It isn't funny, but I almost had to laugh when you said the back trouble was catching through the computer. My chronic bulging disc is REALLY bulging this morning. I've been up all night and decided to come on the work. I've already been in the floor once this morning and had to get a deputy to get me up! As soon as the chiropractor get in, I'm headed over there and then home. I hope you are on the mend today!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:26 PM   #29  

Gayle how are you doing today? Is this an old injury revisiting? Ice helps new injuries and heat helps old injuries. As I sit here I have a heating pad on the back of my chair. Since friday my back has been really bad, but the good thing is my leg is almost fully recovered. I only have a bit of problems with stairs and early in the morning when I start to move around. Hope that you are feeling better soon. I definitely understand.

Ramona oh no not you too! Is there anything that can be done for your bulging disk? I don't think that you should have gone to work this morning. Please take it easy and rest up.

Shelley you are doing great sticking to program. I am glad that you love the core plan. I am doing ww too and just counting points like the old plan 123. Don't worry about the scale that is just a number. I am sure that it is only water retention if you can not get your rings back on. You look great and that is what counts.

Cheryl I just noticed your goals. That is great that you have set goals for biking and walking. That is the way to move the scale in the right direction. Keep up the exercise. I there with you.

Sherry have you worn yourself out? Please take it easy your family needs you to be in good health not just running around taking care of everyone but Sherry. Things are going to turn around and get better.

To the rest of my floozie friends come out and post so that I have something to read.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:11 PM   #30  
Janice

Shelley - I got my TOM twice this month two, eight days in between, what's up with that? That has never happened to me before.
I made the pop cake today, I used butter pecan cake mix - it had 170 calories for 1/2 box dry mix. I added three egg whites and a Diet Dr. Pepper, I iced it with FF coolwhip with a bit of FF pudding powder and drained crushed pineapple, it was delicious. I have to make different things or I just can't stick with the program. I also made the white bread from the WW cookbook, it was good too. I snack on a lot of graham crackers with sugar free jam.
Hope everyone who is not feeling up to par gets better real soon. Yeah I lost another pound.
Have a good day everyone!
Closed Thread