Old 01-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #16  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies...

Been checking in today but everytime I go to post my kiddos won't let me!

Michelle,
Luv the new siggy darlin'

Roxy,
Hi Lady The lasagna sounds good! You could probably make it so you could eat it also... Or then kiddos wouldn't eat it huh? LOL CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!

Ricci,
HAVE FUN! That sounds awesome! Show off that new you!

Jeniqua,
I am sooo proud of you! That is awesome that hubby is noticing your weight loss! And congrats on the water! Sorry I can't say "it's your birthday" i learned my lesson!

Chris,
Funny story about the bday! LOL
Are you on plan girl?

Melissa,
Did you ever get those forms downloaded? I wish you a great weigh in this Sunday!

Kristen,
Sry Sydney is sick How is your cancer warrior doing? I need to go check her site.

Grethen,
Congrats on the loss That is awesome!

Michelle,
I am glad to hear you are making progress on Allie's walk! Congrats to you! How do you like your new exercise thingy??

Well I hope I covered everyone .... If not let me know!

I am heading to the gym in about 30 minutes..... I know late but I'm going!

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:38 PM   #17  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Geri,
You sneaky lady!

HI TO YOU
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #18  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm back everyone. My sister dropped her little boy off so she could go to her eye appt. So I got a 2, 3 and 5 yr. old racing around the house. Kayla's *recovery* is miraculous. Right after it hit noon..she felt so much better. The little turkey!

The sun is shining but the temp still stinks. -5 below now, I think. Tonight it's supposed to be -15 . Jeniqua (I'm in Montana...about 400 miles or so from Michelle). Michelle sends all the "good" weather my way....

I think I might have to crack into another book today. I'm bored and I can't sew with so many little helpers around me. Maybe I'll check out my new dvd: EXTREME MAKEOVER FITNESS FOR BEGINNERS. See what's its like.

Oops, here comes the troops. Stupid McDonalds's is putting Lizzie McGuire cds in their Happy Meals...so I got 3 cds in 3 hands all wanting to shove them into my computer at the same time. Ahhh...thank you Ronald!!!! I'm going to hunt him down and dye his hair blue...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #19  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies real quick from me. Sorry I've been posting short ones lately, just seems like there are not enough hours in the day. I'm sure you all know how that goes. I just ran out to Gold Hill (about 25 minutes from here) and now I can check 2 things off my list, so I feel better. They have been hanging over my head for awhile and now they're done!! Anyway I'm getting ready to head to the library for some quiet time so I can fill out this application without a lot of interruptions. I've been OP today and need to get some more water down but food wise I've been good. Going out to dinner for me and my BIL's b-day tonight so I have to be careful there. I can do it though. So Penny if you really want to say it's your birthday to someone you can say it to me on Monday LMAO! I am still laughing about that. Ok I should be back later for a personal post! TTYL:
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #20  
Jeniqua

Hey Chris~ I brought that same video!! I love it. You can even make up your own routine. It has an exercise segment for each day of the week. Let me know if you like it or not. I like the fact that the ladies all have a little meat on their bones too, so it's very inspiring to me. I thought it was cold here...It's 27 today. Maybe NY isn't so bad after all...

Jill~ Hey!! It's so great to see you post. I am glad you were able to get out and get some "ME" time. Peace and quiet, what's that??? LOL. Great job with eating healthy.

Chris~ You are too funny!!! My kids drive me nuts with the happy meal toys. Thanks for warning me in advance about the Lizzie Mcguire CD..LOL!! I won't be going there for a while, my daughter loves her.

I better go make dinner but I'll BBL!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:38 PM   #21  

Lightbulb Another article

Yet another article from me.....found this one on msn. Does it sound like someone you know???????????

I am desperately trying to lose 50 pounds. I joined a gym three months ago and go twice a day, five days a week. In the morning I do 45 to 60 minutes of aerobics and 45 to 60 minutes of body sculpting. Each evening I do 30 to 45 minutes on the treadmill and then the weight machines. I threw away all junk food and eat salads two to three times a day. After almost three months of hard work guess what? I gained three pounds. How can that be? My doctor said my thyroid is fine. Why is nothing happening?A:

I can certainly understand why you are discouraged, but take a deep breath, relax, and let's "rethink."

You formulated what looks like a very good strategy. It ought to be "working". For some reason it's not. So acknowledge your disappointment, and now let's roll up our sleeves and go back to the "strategy drawing board."

Several things could be happening:

With such an ambitious workout routine you undoubtedly gained some muscle. You probably also lost some body fat. Even though the scale may not reflect it, chances are there is a small but measurable shift in body composition, which you're not seeing on the scale. I know that's not a lot, but wait, there's more.

If you haven't weighed yourself in three months, you don't have a good reliable indicator of what's going on. There are all kinds of fluctuations from day to day. If you're going to use the scale, pick one specific scale, decide on whether or not to wear clothes (I suggest not), pick a time of day (I prefer early morning before eating) and then consistently weigh yourself under the exact same conditions with the same scale every time to determine whether things are moving in the right direction. Different scale, different time, different anything makes the comparison like comparing clocks in the bank with clocks in the subway with clocks on the street -- they're all off by a minute to three minutes, so you can go nuts if you're making comparisons.

You didn't gain that 50 pounds overnight; you need to look at this as a long-term strategy. There are many reported cases of people who worked out for many months before finally getting their sluggish metabolism to respond, at which point they finally began to see results.

I wouldn't completely trust that thyroid test. Low thyroid is one of the most misdiagnosed or underdiagnosed conditions, and many traditional doctors simply don't catch it. You can do an at-home test to see whether this is worth pursuing further. Take your underarm temperature upon arising two or three days in a row, not on menstruating days. If it's consistently below 97.8, make the doctor check again with a complete panel including TSH.

Rethink the food strategy. You have started a very heavy exercise program at the same time as a very big reduction in calories. Your body may be reacting by "conserving" energy and slowing your metabolism down somewhat. Also, I want you to consider that you may not be getting enough fat, especially the right ones. So I want to make sure you're eating enough to fuel these hard workouts and that you are not on a "no fat" diet. If you're comfortable with the concept of counting calories, try to aim for 1,300-1,500. A good place to start is with 40 percent from carbs, 30 percent from protein and 30 percent from fat. This is a very good beginning template. You may need to adjust the contribution from carbohydrates down a bit if nothing continues to happen. My colleague Ann Louise Gittleman reports that she has seen women move off of the kind of stubborn "plateaus" you're on just by adding supplemental fats of the right kind, such as flaxseed, fish oil and evening primrose oil.

Consider supplementation. If your body is not getting optimal amounts of the right nutrients, the metabolism may be performing sluggishly since it may not have all the nutrients it needs to break down food and fat stores for energy in an optimal way. Some people have had good results with, at the very least, extra B vitamins and definitely chromium picolinate. And a number of nutritionists theorize, with good reason, that many overweight people are not getting enough carnitine in their diet, so supplementation with carnitine might be worth a shot.

The point is this: Keep checking your strategy. There's no need to be desperate. You may feel as if you're looking at a locked door right now, but believe me, there is a key on that key ring. It's just a matter of finding it.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:26 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good evening, ladies!

Dinner's over, oldest son is at his friend's house, youngest is attached to the Playstation, hubby is napping with our dog, and the house is kind of quiet. I had Jeremy (the youngest) make up some of his homework this afternoon until I decided to let him outside for awhile before it gets cold this weekend.

Speaking of cold, how do you ladies deal with all that cold weather up North? Brrrr!!! I complain when it gets below 40 here. I guess I've been spoiled this winter, we haven't had any snow. (knocks on wood). LOL

Crystal - How are you feeling? Any contractions yet?

Roxy - Congrats on your two consecutive successful weeks!

Jeniqua - 100 oz of water? That is great! Yes, ADD is a challenge, for sure. My boy really does require a lot of supervision.

Jill - Have fun at your dinner out!

Kristen - Sorry Sydney is not feeling well. Hope she gets better quick!

Chris - I guess my boys won't be nagging me for any Lizzie McGuire stuff from Mickey Dee's! LOL!~ That DVD sounds interesting. Let us know how you like it!

Well, I really appreciate having you guys to talk to. Thanks for letting me join your group.
Have a good night, everyone.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #23  
I'm a homeschool mama

Good evening all. Sounds like everyone has had a good day. Hope all is well.
I've been home all day not doing a whole lot. I walked to the mailbox which it isn't close, but it's not like really far, in hopes I'd have some contractions and I didn't really. I tend to have more activity down there in the late evenings and towards the night time. But not alot tonight.
Tomorrow, I'm either going to be home all day or go to my mom's to do some laundry. Not sure just yet.
I think dh and I have figured out a way for him to go to fire academy and he'll enroll Monday, the class starts Feb. 21st. It's going to be very, very hard. His grandparents are paying his tuition and getting him a small truck. They'll also loan us $1000 a month on top of my grandpa loaning us about the same and with his unemployment that will be enough to barely cover our main bills. We're going to deferr our credit card payments or as many as we can for now. So we're gonna go through some tough times, BUT, the long run things will be sooooo much better. The alternative is that he gets a job in the construction field and he WILL HATE it and be miserable plus you can't find many construction jobs with benefits such as insurance and retirement and of course as a firefighter he'll have all those benefits. Plus have the days off to follow up with his goal and dream of real estate. So we're gonna make it through about 6 months of really, really hard times to have a much better and brighter future. My g-pa is a retired fireman and is very much in support for dh to do this for us. Dh's g-parents have always wanted him to do this so they are very much in support as well.
So that's what I've been going through lately and at last I think we've got it figured out. His best friend is a firefighter and the firestation will hire him, pay him full time and send him to paramedic school. His friend has only been a fireman for a few years and makes almost $70000.00 a year. I can't imagine that much along with what he does on the side. I'm so excited and totally okay with the struggle to get to the outcome. So with all that said, keep us in your prayers that this is God's road for us and that thinks work out. I know that God is in control but understanding which path is God's path is really hard, so we're hoping that this is it.
Okay, kids are gonna get ready for bed shortly. I'll try to get personal later or in the morning.
Hope everyone has a great night. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:02 PM   #24  

Good evening all! It has been such a long day.Ella has been sick all day and she woke up this morning with her first 2 teeth. I guess that explains why she didn't sleep much last night. Anyways I am so glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I weighed in this morning and found I was down to 154!!! It is so exciting to be able to share our little victorys together. I hope Ella has a better night, but she is really getting congested now. I wish I had more time to share with everyone, but hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Have a good night all.....
stephi1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 03:31 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!

It's late and I just got home from work, it was a busy night! I did complete the challenge but I didn't do any other exercise. I got on the scale today and I was at 210 exactly woo hoo so hopefully I'll show at least that on Sunday! I work 10 hours tomorrow so I'll probably only get the challenge done. I think I'll go to work early and walk the treadmill for 30 minutes before I start my shift.

Roxy, no that's not me in my siggy lol! But I did make the graphic, I used a tutorial but I did it all myself

I hope you all had a good evening!

Penny way to go on the exercise!

Mel, great article thank you so much for sharing it with us

Okay I'm off to bed!
Loveto you all!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #26  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Gonna start a new thread!

C YA THERE ------------------------->