3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#22) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51681-home-loozing-floozies-22-a.html)

Sherry 01-11-2005 08:15 AM

Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#22)

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/angelharp

WELCOME!!

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry 01-11-2005 08:17 AM

Wayne is doing ok. I'm on the way to the hospital.I promise I'll check in later.

gdeann 01-11-2005 09:42 AM

Prayers continue to be sent Sher... I'm sure Deb will keep us updated.

Janice, so nice you made it back to the board. I read your bio, we have a cute little GP too... instead of Fred, ours is Ralph. Only, after naming him, we found out Ralph is a girl, oh well... I would suggest a GP to anyone with a desire for a small indoor pet. So much better then a hamster or gerbil! Ralph is the sweetest thing, with tons of personality!

Shelley, are you doing core this week? I'm staying OP, lazy though, I'm not going to change my ticker until I lose a few more pounds.
My little parrotlet is finally starting to talk (on his terms) he is saying pretty bird and his name, Bosco. When I laugh, he laughs. He is saying or making continued sounds of something else, but I can't figure it out yet. The other afternoon I covered him up so Steve could take a nap. I was in the same room as him reading a book. I could hear him under the covers saying: "pretty bird", "Pretty, pretty bird", "Pretty bird, Bosco", then he would chuckle. Too cute!

I made the low cal potato soup last night for dinner, we had a 100 calorie roll with it and it was very filling. By the time I mixed and measured, adding more broth, the batch of soup was 100 calories a cup.

4myloves 01-11-2005 11:16 AM

Hey y'all.

Had a slight, but long-overdue, blow up with my boss yesterday. She decided that we need to have a meeting to air our grievences with her direct superior. She also provided this option to the two technicians that are under her "management." Big mistake. One of the PT's has requested union representation at the meeting. My supervisor has opened a can of worms.

This should be interesting......

gdeann 01-11-2005 11:29 AM

I hope everything works out for you Cheryl. How did you do on the exams?

Deelite 01-11-2005 04:33 PM

Sherry I am sending you speedy recovery wishes to Wayne with prayers attatched. With all those angels your posting with things will turn out fine. We are all here supporting you with prayers. You have had a rough year. Debbie will be a great friend for you to lean on as we all know she knows exactly what you are going through. By the way I am sure glad that you didn't wait to bring Wayne in. What made you think it was a heart attack instead of indigestion or heart burn?

Cheryl I hope that the meeting went well. I am anxious to find out what happenned.

Shelley I am going to post my aquafit on the exercise board. Now everyone don't let me put you to shame. I am not even walking without a walker but I am still going to post on "THE OTHER DREAD THREAD" you girls can do it if I can. I challenge you to get out there and do a little of something. I KNOW YOU CAN!!!!

Timed out for sitting.

Love you all.

tinagailh 01-12-2005 12:17 PM

Hi all!
Sherry my prayers are going out as well. If there is anything you need I am close enough to help. Please don't hesitate to ask. If your parents need anything I don't mind helping you out with them. I do hope your husband is doing better.

Cheryl I can't wait to hear what happened in the meeting. Good for you for standing up for yourself.
I'll check back in later.
Tina

Deelite 01-12-2005 12:55 PM

Sherry I was just thinking about all that you have happen in your life the last year. It sounds like you have the same black cloud over at your place that I have. Lots to go through but God will never give you more than you can handle. Hang in there we are all praying for you and your family. I know that it will be hard to have your Mom and Dad's anniversary this weekend too. If everything isn't perfect I am sure that everyone will understand. Things will work out and I am sure that there is friends and family that will help. Let us know how Wayne is doing or Debbie can you give us a progress report.

Gayle I am going to have to try that potato soup. Was it Sherry that gave us that recipe I forgot. I am going to look back and find it. I thought that I would saute some onions and peppers with one slice of bacon and add that. Actually it won't be me making it, it is my homecare lady.

I think of you all but I can't concentrate to post to everyone or sit that long. But I love you all.

Deelite 01-12-2005 01:03 PM

Gayle I did a quick look for that potaoe soup and can't find it. Will you post it here for me, please. I also noticed in one of your posts that you made a cob-salad for christmas, would you give me the recipe for that to? A hint for making meatballs is to mix up the meat and then pat it down on wax paper about an inch thick into a rectangle. Use a knife to cut it into squares. All you have to do then is roll it into balls. It goes so much faster this way. I do it like this all the time and it speeds things up.

bootwoman 01-12-2005 01:15 PM

Sherry, I'm so very sorry for what has happened. Bless your heart! I wish we could all be there to give you our support in person. We'll just have to send it through Debbie and let her hug you for all of us. I pray that Wayne will be up and around soon. Please take care of yourself.....Love you!

Sorry I haven't been around the last few days. Work has been so exhausting that I just collapse when I get home. Just enjoying spending my time with Ben right now.
I'll try to get back on tonight and post to each of you!

ShelleyM 01-12-2005 06:03 PM

Sherry-I hope Wayne is doing better today. Please send us an update.

Dee-I'm so happy to see your posts!!

gdeann 01-12-2005 06:50 PM

Shoepeg corn salad ***Could maybe use Splenda in place f the white sugar????

1 can white corn, drained (I think I might like it better with yellow corn)
1 can French cut green beans, drained
1 can LeSueur peas, drained
1 small jar pimentos
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
3/4 cup wine vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon water

Mix first six ingredients for a dressing and set aside. Mix next six ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from stove. Pour dressing over corn mixture and refrigerate. Will last for days and is better after it has been chilled for several hours.

gdeann 01-12-2005 07:02 PM

Dee, my recipe is different then Sherry's. This is really filling along with a nice dinner roll or salad.

Low cal potato soup

1 bag Hashbrowns (cubes) (16 oz., frozen) (Good value Walmart brand) 70 cal/11 servings

3 cans fat free chicken broth (sweet Sue brand) 5 cal/6 servings

3 tablespoons dried onion

3 cups water

1 pkg. Pioneer brand fat free Country Gravy Mix 35 cal/8 servings

Add broth/hashbrowns/water/onion and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir gravy mix with just enough cold water to make a nice liquid, add to potatoes and broth. Simmer 10-20 minutes.

Batch size: 11- 1 cup servings @ 100 per serving. (1,090 total calories)

SERVING SIZE: 1 cup soup/100 calories

siamese 01-12-2005 11:00 PM

sherry,im so sorry your going thru these difficult times!
prayers for you and yours!
im down 3 pounds and gotta go lightning storm.
hugs!
doni

ShelleyM 01-13-2005 05:46 AM

Awesome loss, Doni! Also, you are doing great on the workout scene too!!

I am taking the day off today. It's Patty's bday, and we are going to stand in line starting at 6:30 this morning to get her driving permit. She took the test online, but still needs to go for picture, eye test, etc. They open at 7:30, so hopefully we'll get in at a reasonable time. Then we are off to Naples for her to pick out whatever she wants at Abercrombie and Fitch or wherever (up to $150.00.) She has to work tonight.

I got my new glasses yesterday and love them. They are titanium and you can barely tell I'm wearing them, except for the gold nose clip. I have to get used to them though. They are gradual bifocals and I have to look up and down to find the spot where I can see.

I know that my weight is down, because on the scale right now it is down 3 lbs., but by the time Monday morning rolls around, who knows? Maybe I should switch my weighin day to before the weekend :lol:

Sherry-I am still praying for Wayne.

Dee-I am still glowing because we are hearing from you! Any big plans for your birthday this year, or is it the trip you're going on?

Gayle-I wish that I cooked, because your recipes sound delicious.

Debbie-How is the middle school lunch room going? I hope they aren't working your booty off!

Ramona-I am so happy for you that you have Ben with you right now.

Janice-Pop in and let us know how you are doing!

Cheryl-Your workout plan is going great! A little birdie told me that you birthday is very, very near!!

Tina-You are doing great, too!

Carol-What's up? Where are you?? I hope you are okay!

Vicki, Jennelle-We miss you! Please come and post something!

Sorry if I missed anyone!