3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   *Over 50 and Getting Healthy #20* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51366-%2Aover-50-getting-healthy-20%2A.html)

5 dogs 01-12-2005 10:34 AM

Hi, my name is Gloria and am 53 and have come to the realization that if i dont lose some weight now it will never happen. I am new to the group and have never been in a support group before so would love to join in. I was in a car accident in 2003 and am unable to work so my days are filled with T.V. and quilting. My husband of 32 wonderfull years is very supportive but he has never had to diet and eats ice cream almost every night. I am a chocoholick, so when i see him eating chocolate ice cream i tend to go a little nuts! I started the S.B.D just before my accident and was doing pretty good. Then my accident happend and my world was turned up side down. I started eating all the wrong stuff thinking it would get me out of my depression. It only made me feel worse and my wardrobe was getting smaller and smaller. Nothing fit anymore. So here i am, starting over again. My user name is 5 dogs. When i read the S.B.D book for the first time, there is a part that talks about walking (How long and how fast). It also says to "get a dog and walk it". I have read the book five time. Maybe i should just skip that part next time. Ha, Ha.
Thanks for listing.

Angel-lover 01-12-2005 11:55 AM

Gloria!

I could only find 4 dogs. :lol: Anyway, it's so good of you to join us. Being part of a forum was one of the best things I ever did for myself. Not only did it help me stay on my diet, but I made a lot of special friends. We can vent out our frustrations, or share our joys!

Sorry about your car accident. I, also, was hurt in a car accident. Only I was just 33 at the time. (I'm now 55). The back problems from it didn't render me unable to work until I was 36. I've been on S.S. Disability since. I also felt like my life was over. I no longer could do anything I once was able to do. Go to ballgames to watch my kids, or later, pick up grandbabies when they got a little heavy. Just so many things effect your back! I've fought depression all these years. I toughened up, though, & found other things. Even now that I have RA. I do volunteer work at a Christian TV station. They're friends, & know my limitations, & when I need to rest. I go to nursing homes to visit or sing. Only when I'm up to it. Of course, I'm at home a lot, & that's where my pc has been a great comfort to me. :D I also know what you mean about the sweets around you. I could almost live on sweets alone! It takes a lot of willpower & determination. When you're tempted, get on the pc & post. It doesn't matter what it's about. That's what we're all here for. Good luck.

Sunny...Hon, I'm sorry you thought you upset me. Not at all! I'm truly touched by what everyone said. I guess I feel sorry enough for myself. :lol: And about being a saint.....not at all.......just don't have a choice. It will get done, someday, though, & I'll be more appreciative of it. Who knows, I may even be a better housekeeper than I used to be.........NOT! :lol:
Glad we didn't lose you because of that password. It's happened to me a couple of times, but, I happen to remember mine. Besides, I keep a notebook with all my usernames & passwords. I love that graphic!

Sheila...I think you'll like a small town. We do. Seems most people know each other & are willing to help in a crisis...but, also mind their own business, otherwise. Which reminds me...my neighbor brought me a chocolate cake for Christmas, & I haven't returned her plate!
Don't worry about your dad, he'll be fine. They'll have your phone number, if you're needed. It's natural for you to feel this way, just before you leave. I don't envy the move, though. I hate moving. Afterwards, the fun part! :D

Bonnie...good to hear from you. You made me hungry for meatballs. :^: That was soooo funny! I wonder, did this break that tradition? Get some rest, girl...you're on the go all the time.
Yes, I favor my mother a lot. Before she lost weight, & got sick, we looked a lot alike. She wore glassed, also. My sister favors my dad's side of the family. I always kind of envied her. Dark skin & hair. My dad was 1/4 indian. I was always too pale. Our older sister looks a little like both of us.

Gotta go get ready for work. Hope all have a good day.

5 dogs 01-12-2005 03:27 PM

Its nice to know that i am not alone out here. When I talk to people they dont see the pain in my neck and sometimes the pain gets so bad i have trouble concentrating conversations. That is when people start looking at me like I have just grown a second head or something. I joined the Y.M.C.A and try to get in the pool when the pain in my neck gets to hurting to much. This helps a lot and it keep me from taking pain pills and spacing out.
I dont have any grandkids yet. I have a married son (Will) who is 29 and has been married 5 years. He told me that they are trying to have a baby but as yet have not been able to get pregnet. I also have a daughter (Jamie) who is 26 and just got back from Iraq this past May. She was over there a year and a half and am sooooo thankful she made it back in one piece. Jamie and I were very close before she went, but when she came back we had trouble talking to each other. I was very sad about this, but I think over time we can get back the relationship we had before she went over there. Anyway, thanks for listing to my problems and making me feel at home.

Angel-lover 01-12-2005 08:06 PM

Seems we have a lot in common, Gloria. I had a son-in-law in Iraq for a year. He came home on Valentine's Day. He'd been in the army for 10 years, but got out immediately. He's having a lot of problems. My daughter says he has nightmares, & can't sleep at night, at all. I understand that's when they were under attack the most. She was advised to not push him to talk, but let him choose when he wants to tell her things, & to just listen. They've all been through a lot over there. Just be patient with your daughter, I'm sure she'll come back to like she was. She may even be fearful that you will question her, if she's around you much. I don't know how much action she saw, but to just be over there had to be a nightmare. There's no telling what they went through that we'll never know. I'll be praying for her, as well as you. I'm very proud of all of our soldiers.
On a lighter side. I/we have 11 grandchildren! We've been married 36 years, have twin daughters (Trina & Gina) both happily married with families. Another daughter, (Paula) happily married with a family, & a son (David) who's divorced & living with us. He has joint custody of his 2 little girls. They're here every other week.
If there's a place to get in a pool, it will definitely help you. I'm in the country, so no chance. I do, however, have a jacuzzi tub, so that helps to relax me.
Well....I'll go & stop rambling. Hope to hear from you soon......& remember.......stay on that diet!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/BigWink2.gif

Sheila53 01-12-2005 08:09 PM

Welcome, 5 Dogs! So, do you have 5 dogs? I used to have four, but we've had three die of old age within the past three years. Our "youngest" is now 13 so he's getting up there, too. Anyway, I'm an animal person so I love to hear about others' pets. Understand totally about having a pain in the neck. I have a neurological disorder that involves my neck, and I can no longer work either, or do much of anything really. It's the pits, but it beats the alternative as I always say! We also have something else in common because I do water aerobics at the Y (painful, but necessary) and love my after-pool spa time. And I also have a daughter in the military, although she's in the Navy. Hopefully after the memories start to fade, you and your daughter will be able to get back to talking. Hopefully the military has counseling programs for vets. I have four children (two biological, one adopted, and one step) and one granddaughter (see avatar) and a wonderful DH. Having a grandchild is wonderful, and I hope that you get to experience it soon.

Charlotte, hey, if we want to think you're a saint, you'd better let us--don't spoil our fantasy! :lol: Yum, I hope we have new neighbors who are as nice as yours are. When we moved to Boise, one neighbor brought us a big cake. Didn't really like the people as it turned out, but liked the gesture and the cake. Ooh, I shouldn't be talking about sweets. I'll aggravate our collective sweet teeth. I've had no sweets since December 31, and after the first few days of my DH's chocolate from Christmas calling my name, I haven't thought about that big box he thought he'd hidden. And, this is even better, I haven't had any peanut butter in several weeks. I don't know if I can be like Bluet and give them all up for years, but I'm going to give it a shot. Don't think I can give up wine, however. Now, I am not a drinker, and hardly ever have it, but I do enjoy a glass with friends.

SunnyD, that's weird about having to log-in with your password. I don't think I can remember mine either. There are so many passwords to remember for various boards and websites--too confusing! We've had to write some down, which you're not supposed to do. Hey, you didn't upset me! I do that all on my own. :lol: Boy, this whole Dad thing is stressful no matter how I look at it. But my DH is so happy to be leaving that even if I wanted to do something different, I couldn't disappoint him. He has really had his share of abuse from my Dad. If it were just my Dad and me, I think I could probably deal with it, but then again, maybe my Dad would start verbally lashing out at me more? So, are your cats like mine and they don't respond to my command of "don't shed"? I have one cat (the naughty one who sits on the heat register every morning blocking the heat) who particularly likes to shed when you pet her so you end up with a handful of fur. We have Pergo floors, which I love because they clean up so easy, and her hair just drifts along the floor and clumps up in the corners, no matter how often I dustmop.

Hi to Bluet and Candlelady!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

candlelady4 01-13-2005 06:13 AM

Good Thursday morning my dear friends, sure have missed you. I didn't realize I had been gone for so many days. :?: Not too much to report from down here in Texas except......... :D :D it looks like my daughter MAY be having a girl!!! We are so excited since we have three Grandsons, not sure I will know what to do with a girl. :) We know mistakes can be made so we are being a little cautious with our feelings but on the sonogram the baby had her legs up in the air and wide open so if it is a boy he sure was hiding himself well. ;) We do want a girl but seriously whatever the sex we just want a healthy baby.

Charlotte I just love looking at your pictures and your graphics. Your Mom is so cute and does look alot like you. I didn't know all about your health problems and I will say one thing you handle them so well. I believe staying busy is one of the best healers of our mind and body.

Sheila to answer your question about the tree I took our big tree down the day after Christmas but had a few Christmas stragglers hanging around in the house and finally got it all put away. :cb: I know you are going to enjoy your move kind of like starting over how nice. I wouldn't worry about your df he will be fine they will check in on him. Yes I am still keeping Bradley, this May it will be 3 yrs. I have kept him and I am pretty attached to the little fella. I just hope I will be able to keep two. :dizzy:

Sunny I am so glad you are better you had quiet a bad time with that flu. :dance: :grouphug: You take good care of yourself you sure don't need a relapse. I love your graphics too.

Bonnie that was too funny about the meatballs, great minds think alike. So glad the get together worked out so good for you, sure do wish I had a big family.

WELCOME 5 dogs this is one great place to be with some of the most inspiring women you would ever want to meet.

Just a quick note to let you know nephew is doing really good, weak of course but in his own room now. If his lungs clear up he may get to go home this weekend. :D Whew that was a close call and I am so thankful the Lord healed his body.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, I don't know about you but I have a ton of stuff to do. We didn't have Bradley yesterday so I ran errands and goofed off so I have to hit the floor running today

SunnyD57 01-13-2005 10:32 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yD57/cid_X.jpg

Good Morning Ladies :wave:

*Welcome!* to our thread 5dogs/Gloria,

Hi! I'm SunnyD (also known as Donna) and the baby of the group - what a nice ring that statement has ;) :lol: Thanks to Bluet / Bonnie --- I stumbled upon these gals and then was invited to stay even though I am not yet 50 (I am soon to be 48 in Feb).

Just as Candlelady stated... a great group of gals!

A bit about me: I am married to a wonderful guy, Joe, (29 1/2 yrs)... we married very young - I was just 18 and he was 21. And our kids today are Domino (9), Zeppe & Guido (2 1/2)... kitties :) We cannot have dogs here where we live, but can have cats as long as they are kept indoors. But they don't know they are cats :sssh: we call them our kids :D What kind of dogs do you have, Gloria?

I too live with pain on a daily basis from a car accident I had when I was only 19... it's then that I lost our child (my second preg. lost) and all chances of ever having children again... not to mention 4 surgeries afterwards for repairs of my large intestine, bladder & urinary track and the removal of all my female parts - uterus, tubes and ovaries & part of my cervix - because of cysts growths and damage from the accident. I also have a bum left knee from it hitting the steering column and dislocating it at the knee-cap at the time of the accident. So now... I have health issues with extreme pain from IBS when I don't stay on a very low fat, no dairy, no caffeine diet. I think I cope well on a daily basis and try to always keep my head & eyes aimed UP :) Not long after I had the accident losing our baby girl, Lisa Anne, Joe & I became involved in a Christian Performing Arts Ministry for about 17 years - performing in a play about the last week of Christ (ending with His Resurrection)... we played many rolls in the program titled *Tetelestai* and have grown to know and love many people through the years. I feel that *It* and *those beautiful people* involved saved my life. Now... we aren't in that play any longer (just cannot keep up now), but it was then that I came to know the Lord. I was not a happy camper before then :o

Now... Joe works for TOPS Supermarkets in all of Ohio and I am a Homemaker and loving it! We have 3 kitties that keep me company and Joe has a very large family (Italian) to keep us out every weekend. I use to work for small shops/tanning salons in town (private owners) & Jazzercise (for 15 years), but now (for the betterment of my health) don't work any longer. I loved working, it's just that it put too much on me and my darn body cannot hold up. A couple years ago I found this Forum - 3Fathicks - and have been hooked ever since! I have met some wonderful people here that I consider to be my very Dear friends and hope to meet one day :smug:

Gloria, I bet that you and Jamie will be pals again in no time at all... it will just take a little time for her to adjust again. They go through so much over there and it hardens them a bit to protect their emotions. I say this coming from a Military family... my father is a retired officer of the Marine's & I was exposed to allot of change in my life. You and Jamie will have a relationship again, but it will be different this time is all... she is different, but there's no reason why you cannot be close again ;) (((Hugs)))

*~*~*

Okay... I know... I know... I am a chatterbox :blah: :blah: :blah: this morning! See what happens when I feel better :D I think I am through with that darn flu-bug now and well on the mend :bubbles:

*~*~*

Hi Sheila, Yeahhhhh... what's up with the password thing??? Well, I have it now and saved it for another time :D

I am so relieved that I didn't upset you :twirly: or Charlotte... sometimes I think I should just :ziplip: ;)

I must say... that I am very happy for you and DH with your move... I think it will be a nice new beginning for you both! You hubby sounds like alittle boy again --- just gotta love 'em! When will you be moving? Do you have an actual date??

I wish we had your floors!!! It would be so much easier to keep clean! We have carpeting still and it's quite an upkeep with pets... remember that kitties get fur balls (yuk!) and that's when our little Bissell cleaner comes in handy. But I will love it when we finally get the floors we want instead of this old carpet. I think it's really a huge problem to our allergies too - because it's so old. Lord knows what is underneath it :fr: I still have allot to do today... thank God that I feel so much better and will have the energy to get it done. It looks like we'll have quite allot of people over tomorrow evening.

Hi Angel, I agree with Sheila! Allow us to think of you as we wish... a SAINT you are! ;)

I am so relieved that I didn't upset you either --- sometimes I find this part of posting to be the hardest... you know... you can't hear me speak to hear the tones in my voice or see my face to know where I am coming from... ... when I post. It's like speaking in a whole different way! I remember when I first began posting --- I had allot to learn in how to express myself, sharing my thoughts, as well as being thoughtful of others in how I say what I say... you following me :lol: :^: :lol: And I am still learning :p :D I happy to hear that I didn't say something to bother you ;) I have a notebook NOW too ;) Thanks!

Soooo... have you returned your neighbors plate yet? :lol: You are so funny!

I am French Indian (1/4 Indian from my mother's side) --- my mother is from Conn. & my father is from Maine... and I was born in Ca. :lol:

Hi Diane, I am soooo happy to hear of your nephews recovery... he will soon be up and around in no time :) Continued prayers for his health :angel:

Cool beans... your DD might be having a GIRL --- congrats! There's a new baby in our family as of this January 5th! Zachary Joseph... we were as thrilled she had a BOY as you are about your GIRL. We seem to have allot of girls in Joe's side of the family, so when our nephew and his wife just had their "boy" we were all jumping for joy. Your DD doesn't know for sure??? They are pretty precise today... ;) (((Hugs of Joy for you all))).

Thank you so much, Diane... I do feel so much better and so far so good! :cp:

Bonnie, How are you doing today? Feeling any better sweetie? I will send you a special little note ;) You need *Special* hugs today (((Hugs)))

*~*~*

I really must be going... I have been on this computer way to long this morning. I have lots to be done yet. Later my friends... thanx for allowing me to rattle on today (well, not that you had much choice :o ).

Luvs,
:sunny:
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

5 dogs 01-13-2005 10:40 AM

no more dogs

Yes, I have five dogs. We live in a 1300 sq. foot home so it get a little interasting when you try to get from one room to the next. About 10 years ago we only had two. One from small short haired dog from the pound, and the another dog came when my husband (Carl) delivered a package to this house where these peoples dog had pups. Carl came home and said "Ho Gloria, they are so cute. PLEASE, PLEASE can we get one". So being the softy that i am, we got a long haired BIG dog named Sky Blue. Brake out the big vacuum cleaner because here come the dog hairs! :p Then about 5 years later, Carl delivered a package to this vets office. Someone found a big, long haired dog on the side of the road that was boon thin, covered in mud and bood and had hart worms. The kind vet cleamed him up and strated treatment for the hart worms. The dog survived the hart worm treatment and was living in the vets office till they could find him a good home. Can you guess what comes next? Yep, Carl comes home and "Ho Gloria, there is this dog at the vets and needs a good home and can we PLEASE, PLEASE get him". We named him Digger. My husband is like a big kid when it come to animals. So now we have two long haired, big dogs and one small short haired sweet dog named Greatchen. Two years go by and my daughter (Jamie) gets married, her husband buys her a 600 dollar long haired Dachshund and a 400 dollar short haired Dachshund. Then the guy tells her he doesn't want to be married anymore. :mad: No, lets talk, we can work it out. Nothing. So, here she is with two small dogs in Iowa with winter coming on. Jamie had to get a full time job pluse she was going to collage at the time and in the National Guard. She was gone most of the day and could not take care of them so i told her we would take them. Then 9/11 happen and there was no way to send the dogs down here (Florida). I went up there on a Friday, got the dogs and come back the next day. So that is how we ended up with 5 dogs. All i have to say is, "Don't they make short haired dogs anymore. Enough with the long hair :cool:

5 dogs 01-13-2005 12:53 PM

Great way to start the day

Sheila- You are so funny! I to have hard wood floors and the dog hair just rolls around like tumbleweeds in the middle of the desert. Makes me want to start singing that song "Cool water". When i read it, i was laughing so hard my husband came in wondering what was so funny. What a great way to start the day. Thanks

Bluet 01-13-2005 05:57 PM

Good Afternoon,

So is anyone going to watch Perfectly Wicked or is it Wickedly Perfect? before CSI tonight. Teams have 36 hours to throw together a perfect dinner party. Can they do it? You bettcha. ;) CSI is not a rerun, it is called Snakes Episode 512, a decapitated head is found by the CSI team with a rattle snake shoved down it's throat :devil:. Gosh, here we go again, more gore, so much for last week's ungorey show. I'll bet the new girls Diane and Gloria think I am some sort of sadist, but I am not. I am a 62 year old grandma of 8 and really sweet, right ladies? ;) It just happens that we found out we watch a lot of the same programs and we talk about them when we post. :o Thursday night seems to be our favorite night.

Sheila, I looked up Corvallis on the internet, what a lovely little town!! I'll bet you will find that house that you have been dreaming about in an old college town like that, I can't wait. How did you choose Corvallis? It isn't too far from Seattle, Dad will be fine, as long as he doesn't get any catalogs to order from at his new place and if he does, there will certainly be enough people to help him eat the rare cuts of beef and sweets. :) I can just see your face now, OH NO! "I didn't think about that, now something else to worry about!" Sorry if I am teasing you too much. I must be slap happy now that Christmas and last weekend is over. :lol: I only know one meatball recipe, and that's with a good jar of purchased gravy poured over them. I told you I am no gourmet chef, pretty so you guys will believe me. Good job on the no sugar no white flour. I eased off the sugar gradually, a little less sugar each week until I was eating no overt sugar, and watching the covert sugar on ingredients of foods I eat. Yeah it is tough to give up that nice glass of wine now and then, but February 6 will be two years for me . Yea!!!

Charlotte, I visited the station web site again, some of the pictures are from when I first met you and some are new. Enjoyed seeing them again and the new ones. I really like the weather guys shirt too. Looks like a real cowboy ;). I didn't know they had cowboys in Alabama. :D He is too cute. Loved all your pictures of the holidays and the house. You really have had a rough row with your health Charlotte, I am glad your thumb is pink again, but not happy to hear about the numbness to your hand. Please keep us posted, you know we worry. :^:

Sunny, so are you exhausted from cleaning all day? I am wondering what you had to clean? Your house always looks so nice and organized when you post pictures of it. Look who's talking right? :dizzy: Mrs drive herself nuts because company is coming. I'll bet the boys stayed out of your way today, thinking there she goes again. Are you going to rest tonight and watch CSI? I know you like the show after CSI too. I never got into that show. I know I would like to but it runs a little late for me. How many couples are coming? Are you having a meal or horsd'oeuvres? Too bad my sisters-in-laws and I aren't coming you would have plenty of meatballs. :D

Diane, so glad to hear that your nephew is improving, what a weight off your shoulders. Congratulations on your new soon to be born grandchild, sounds like you are going to babysit the new baby too, you will be one busy grandma that's for sure.

Welcome Gloria, that's a lot of dogs you have there, how wonderful that you and hubby are willing to give them a good home, not all dogs are that lucky to find good owners. I am happy to see you posting here, please come back a lot.

Well, girls I am still at work, I guess I had better get myself on home and figure out what I can dream up for supper, I'll have to pull out one of my desigfner cookbooks. Yeah right! :)

Have a good Thursday evening and a special Friday.

Bluet

5 dogs 01-13-2005 06:40 PM

Bluet-This is just wonderful! I love C.S.I and Law and Order. When my hubby comes home from work, the first thing out of his mouth is "What on T.V. tonight. This question comes just after "Whats for dinner.:shrug: I am so glad you gals like C.S.I.
Have to get dinner started.
Have a great night.

SunnyD57 01-13-2005 06:53 PM

Hi Bluet,
Nope... not exhausted yet :) ;) Feeling pretty good today.

I'll be watching *Wickedly Perfect*; then *CSI*; then *ER* and taping the show that is on after CSI called *Without a Trace* I think that the Thursday night line up of shows has to be the best! They had better not change it if they know what's good for them :nono: :lol: And YES... I will be chillin' out tonight to watch all my favorite shows!! Maybe just folding some clothes while watching ;)

Catch you all tomorrow...

Oh... by the way... nice picture of you in your PROFILE Gloria!

Have a nice evening gals!!
Later...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Angel-lover 01-13-2005 09:38 PM

I got so tickled. I got pretty far behind, so was reading the posts kinda fast. It was like listening on a telephone with several ladies talking to each other.

What kind of shows are you guys watching?! If I watch stuff like snakes, I'd have nightmares or be up all night.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ee/eyebags.gif

Bluet...glad you enjoyed the website. Brian (the cowboy) is really sweet. He sings like Elvis Presley! He calls in the weather in the evening & sings "happy birthday" like Elvis to any viewers who may have one. We have a birthday club where we draw a name out at the end of the month to win a cake. He has renamed himself "Brian Presley Davis". :lol: Oh....& we DO have a few cowboys around here. Rodeos go on quite often, & riders go by our house a lot. We have 3 horses (did have four, until Molly got killed.). Our son rides his horse, & his little girl has a pony.

Gloria....5 dogs! It's unusual for the man of the house to beg for dogs! :lol: He must be a real kind & compassionate person. I also like your picture.

Sunny....glad you're feeling so much better. Just don't overdo. I like to hear of any of you feeling good. What is CSI? Is that the gorey show? :^: It's hard for me to get into a tv show. After being at the station all day, I get tired of seeing tv's. They're all over the place. Unless, it's just a good movie, I'm usually on the pc.
Ok....I give up...I'm a saint. :lol: Even if I still haven't returned that plate! :^:
Don't worry about what you say...we all know & love you. No one is worried about it, but you. Goodness, there's no telling how I sound, sometimes. I suppose I should read what I post, to find out....oh well, you all know I mean well. :dizzy:

I need to clean the "kitchen" now. Hope everyone has a good evening.

SunnyD57 01-14-2005 08:31 AM

It's Friday!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...D57/Jesus6.jpg

Good Morning Ladies...
I have some more cleaning to do (bathrooms & alike) but otherwise I am all set for tonight. I did catch the shows last night (all but the show I taped after *CSI*) and *CSI* was on the typical 'gory' side. I loved last weeks show when they did the "who done it" like Sherlock Holmes... that was entertaining. Boy... *ER* was pretty intense! Sheila, you watch that show, don't you? I really thought that Abby was going to get shot last night! Glad it worked out in the end. As for the show *Wickedly Perfect* I really feel that they voted off the wrong gal last night to keep their team going strong. What do you gals think?

*~*~*

Bonnie, We have about 7 couples arriving here this evening and nope... I am not making anything special as far as foods. Many are bringing bakery and Joe & I will make Tea's & Decaf Coffee to serve. I also have allot of Chocolates that I can set out. The evening is set for study time, not for entertaining so much... so nibbles is all we need, which is really nice! No stress there...

Surrrrre... ... :lol: send the meatballs on over :lol: are you sure you have enough?!!! :lol:

Charlotte, Yes... CSI is the gory show :lol: The reason it is that way is because they go into the body and show you how the bullet or knife, etc. damages the body or how that person died. And lately they are showing allot of "close-ups" on things like maggots, insects of all kinds, and last night a snake in the throat of a person... yes, very gory. You don't have to even watch it to get the Hebe-jebie's... the sounds alone can do that for you :p I don't think it's a show you would be interested in :no: ;) I have always been interested in these kinds of shows... mysteries, crime drama's (*LA LAW-CI* is a good one too!), thrillers (old thrillers especially - like Alfred Hitchcock, Vincent Price, etc.) Hospital reality shows too (actual surgeries... learn allot!)... I guess you have to have a strong tummy for them ;)

Well Sheila... I take it that you are a very busy lady packing these days... is that why you haven't been around? :^: I know that it takes allot of your time to get that done. When do you plan on making the move??

How are you doing Diane? What have YOU been up to lately? What are some of your favorite TV shows - if you watch TV?

Hi Gloria, Do you watch these shows too? Soon *Survivor* begins again! :smug:

*~*~*

Time for me to get my day started...
Have a good one gals!!!!
Loves,
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 01-14-2005 08:40 AM

A brief weather report from NE OHIO

We had temps reaching a high yesterday of 64* here! It was beautiful!! I even opened windows and turned our heat off!! And then last night I could hear the rains begin, turning into sleet and then into SNOW! We have a couple inches out there right now, but the wonder is how FAST the temps dropped in a brief amount of time... going from 64* at 4pm and 31* by 5:20pm... geese, I wonder why it's hard to stay well here :dizzy:

What's going on in your corners of the world with the weather?
Later...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*