3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   *Over 50 and Getting Healthy #20* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51366-%2Aover-50-getting-healthy-20%2A.html)

5 dogs 01-16-2005 07:09 PM

Hello Ladies, I have a funny story to tell you. Sheila, you might be perticularly interasted in this because you told me you did water aerobic.

Last friday i went to a water aerobics class and was just having a gay old time. Very nice ladys there. We were in the middle of the class when our instructor told us to stand in one spot in the water and jump inplace. O.K., I can do that. Because your in the water, there is very little pressure on your back or your neck when jumping up and down. I picked a nice deep spot in the pool because i am very tall (5'9'') and started jumping up and down when i felt something on the back of my legs. I stopped jumping and looked around. No sharks in the water or anything else so i started jumping again and the same thing happened. What in the world could be in this pool! Started jumping again, only this time I'm keeping one eye on the back of my legs.
It turned out to be my butt. The water was making my butt move up and down and it was hitting the back of my legs. Can a person get butt lash? Good thing no one was standing next to me or they might have gotten hurt. :lol3::lol3:

Have to get the kitchen cleaned up now so better go.
Hope to talk to you tomorrow.
Gloria

SunnyD57 01-16-2005 07:22 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57/ANGEL02.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57/HEART09.gif

Good Evening Gals!!!

First off... thanks for asking about our Friday evening everyone ;) It all went wonderfully, I was so pleased :smug: We did have 14 people here and had no problems with seating (as I feared we would). In fact, many of the couples complimented us on our home and how inviting and warm they felt here --- what a compliment! I think I must have glowed brighter then a GE Light bulb that evening :sunny: We had some very interesting conversations about today's devastation of weather to our world and how it has changed our children (US too!) in their views of their world in how what happens to one effects another. Before all of this death and destruction (namely the tsunami today) they lived in a world pretty much of their own surroundings... now children of all ages and cultures want to reach out and help the adults in aiding all those who have lost so much. It's awesome to see...

We also spoke about how TV today has really changed and how much harder it is to have boundaries set for your children in what they are exposed to. Yes, we had some really good (deep) topics of discussion. We usually go from 7:30 till 9:30, but this time everyone stayed till 11:00! Cool! We all met again at another's home the second Friday of February (we rotate homes each month). We only meet once a month because many of the couples have young families and are not able to meet more often, but sometimes we will have a dinner get-together or party & in the summer a Bar-B-Que in between. It's really nice. The food we served this time was very basic - snacks - I made Decaf Coffee & Green Decaf Tea, had cheese & crackers, cashews, a dish of carrots & celery with low fat ranch dressing for dipping & the yummy chocolates that are all gone now :cp:. And others brought some Christmas cookies & choc. covered pretzels to munch on too. I really didn't feel much stress after I got the place clean at around 4 and felt so much better after my shower :) It was a great evening. Boy was I ever tired the next day!! Joe & I could have slept the whole morning away I think, but didn't. We met our friends on Saturday morning at 8:00 for breakfast and then did our grocery shopping together. We got home at around 11:00am and then Joe preceded to repair my tub drain that broke. In fact, he is finishing it up as I speak... such a handyman, I am spoiled! He even cleans up his mess... I hear the vacuum cleaner going.

*~*~*

Diane, Awe, I am so sorry to hear of your Nephew's heart problems... that poor child! Acid???!!!! What was she doing with that!!?? My goodness :( He is in my continued prayers! My goodness :cry:

You asked... how am I feeling? Well, I was doing okay on Friday and Saturday, but for some odd reason today I am dealing with a gall bladder attack! It has quite been awhile since I have had one (I use to have them allot!) and I have forgotten how painful they are! I wish it would calm down already :( I usually have an attack if I go too long in between meals & then eat the wrong foods - something too rich, but I didn't think I had this morning... I did take some vitamins before I ate - that may have done it? But I should be fine in the morning... My spirits are good :D It's just this ole body that a pain in the butt ;)

Thanks... *all of you* for your concerns --- you sure do know how to make a person feel special.

Diane, I DO take hormones and have since my car accident at 19yrs of age... I was on the Premrin 1.25 till just 2 years ago. Then my Dr. wanted me to go lower because of the breast cancer in my family on my mother's side... at first she lowered me right off to Premrin .625 --- TOO LOW for me! I got the blues real bad and was extremely emotional & just couldn't think clearly at all... I felt like I was in *Panic* mode all the time! Not good at all... then she brought me back up to Premrin 1.25 and decided that .90 would be a better level for me to stay at... so all last year I did both dose's slowly weaning myself off the higher one. Now I will stay at Premrin .90 till my late 60's. Nobody messes around with my hormones now... :lol: How are you feeling on it? I bet you feel like a whole new woman, if not yet - you will! I have felt great (emotionally that is) since I have stayed at a consistent level. There is a bit of a downside, at least for me --- I do find that I have to work a bit harder to keep the weight off.

Hey there Gloria, My brother and I are exactly 14 months apart too! Too funny! I am the oldest born in '57 ( a very good year by the way ;) I LOVE the 50's! ) then my brother - Ed - came 14 months later in '58 ( surprise for my mom too ), then my sister - Linda - in '61 & Russell in '63. You sound like you have a great family & they look like it too from the beautiful pictures you have posted... are you all close? You look like you are, very much so.

Those chocolates were a mix --- the best kind! It was a 2 lb. gift box that my hubby came home with from work during the holiday's. Neither of us wanted to open it till we had others around to gobble them up too ;)

I am an early-bird too, Gloria... my Joe has to be up by 5 / 5:30am --- so our days begin very early and even when we could sleep in I don't - I wake up naturally to that time now. I do allot in the mornings, but am no good by around 2 - 3pm; then my energy picks up again at around 4:30 till around 9:30pm & then I crash I'm so tired.

Yea!!!! I will join you on that BLT if it's not too late! I only wish! We have 5 inches of snow on the ground, just today and it's still snowing out there... no tomato want to grow here.

Hi Sheila! Good to see you --- we missed you, even if it was only a day away ;) That happens to me too --- a day away and I feel like there's so much to read and catch up with. But that's okay :goodvibes I thought you might be doing a little packing.

I am sorry to hear that your DF has forgotten so much... but it happens with the illness he has. Such a shame... I do hope that your DSIL will be okay :(

Has your hubby broken into the chocolates yet??? Yep... same here!!! I LOVE my chocolates! Especially the Dove Darks! I don't give those up --- I have my candy dish full all the time. I have done very well in that I limit myself to one or two a day and sometimes I don't have any... but when I crave... one of those will do the trick ;) You mentioned that you gained 7 lbs over the holiday's... I gained back 4! And have gotten 1.5 off, but am gonna give it my best to get back on track again, now that just about all the "junk" is out of my house again! I won't change my numbers at the bottom, because it gives me incentive to hold true to it! Sheila, I bet that because you have exercised all through the holiday's --- you will get that 7 lbs. off in no time!! ;) You'll see :smug:

How was your trip to see your friends on Whidbey Island?? I bet you had a great time! What did you do? Oh my gosh...to feel the sand at a beach right now would be awesome! You are so lucky! Enjoy your day tomorrow with your hubby! I will be leaving at 9:00 in the morning to spend the day with my girlfriend... she has off for Martin Luther King Day (government job) --- that means "no mail" tomorrow gals. Anyway, we are going to hit the huge craft ctr. tomorrow and I bet that we spend most of the day there! Then we will go out to lunch together... I miss my days with her now that she works, but cherish the days we do have even more now :bubbles:

Hi Angel, :dance: Hooray... so happy to hear that you are seeing some progress in your home building. We have a Super-Wal-Mart here too --- nice! But I too enjoy Target over Wal-Mart, especially when it comes to fun and different items. You will like it when it's done, Charlotte. When will they have their grand opening?

Charlotte, I loved your animation at the bottom of your post (Maybe tomorrow I will wake up...)! :lol: Made me laugh! :lol3: How are you feeling today? Did you have a good day?

Okay Bonnie... where are you, sweets?? Are you feeling okay??

I am soooooo bummed! I thought I set my deck for the Hallmark Mystery Movie and didn't get the whole show!!! I haven't a clue as to who killed the woman. Maybe you can e-mail me with the answer & fill me in so we don't mess things up for Sheila... I am so bummed I didn't get the whole movie! I tried to stay up and watch the repeat right afterwards, but just couldn't stay awake past midnight!

Right now... ... *Extreme Home Makeover* is just starting --- do you watch that show? We also like *Cold Case* but I will record it to watch later... my Joe just loves that home makeover show --- okay, me too ;)

How did your weekend go? Do you have the day off tomorrow too? What did you do all weekend?? Any good books??

*~*~*

Well gals, I am going to call it an evening and go watch some TV with the hubby.

*God Bless you ALL*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 01-16-2005 07:32 PM

Gloria,

I just read your post to Sheila about your day at water water aerobic's --- I literally *Laughed out loud*!!!! :lol3:

Butt-lash!

Just too funny!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sheila53 01-17-2005 01:36 AM

Omigosh, 5 Dogs, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. And the funny thing is that I know exactly what you mean! LOL! Now I have a name to go with it. Butt-lash--LOL!

SunnyD, sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful time. And what a compliment to have everyone stay so long because they're having such fun. You and I had the same taping problem, although mine didn't tape at all. So go ahead and talk because I didn't get to see it. Next Friday I'm going to make my DH tape the other show, and watch the mystery so that I definitely get to see it.

Charlotte, your weather sounds like SunnyD's last week. From shorts to parka weather. Did your DH get some work done on the house this weekend? I don't think a tarp would be much protection from lightning either. Hopefully you don't get much. When we lived in Colorado, we got thunderstorms nearly every day starting about the end of June, I think.

Candlelady, I'm so sorry to hear the new information about your nephew. Drs. can be wrong, and I certainly hope they are. Maybe you should start thinking about locking the guys in your family up! You'd never catch me up before 7:00 am, and even then that's a stretch. Only if I'm catching a flight or doing something really fun, and it's gotta be really fun to get me out of bed early. My favorite store was Shopko, which was in Boise, but not here. There's a Target in my neighborhood so it's convenient, and I like it pretty well.

So we went to the island to visit our friend. We left early (okay, early for us), and it only took us 1.5 hours to get there, which is record time. That included the ferry ride. We talked for a while, then had lunch. While we were eating lunch, my DH said, what's that white stuff falling on your deck? The weather forecast hadn't been favorable, and when we saw the ice pellets on the deck, we left all our dishes on the table, said our goodbyes (and of course I stopped at the bathroom!) and dashed out of there. I felt like such a bad guest, but we didn't want to be stuck on the island in a bad storm. We did go through some snow, and at our house there was nothing but rain so it turned out okay.

Today was exhausting. We packed and packed, and cleaned, and put stuff into storage. My son came over with his big truck and helped. The realtor called and asked if I knew that my Dad was paranoid. Uh-huh! She said he called her and asked her if she was in cahoots with my DH to sell the house, and he was sure that my DH had told the realtor to list it on February 1, and he wanted it listed right now. She calmed him down, but my DH is so upset he can't even look at my Dad. Dad moves out Thursday, and it can't be too soon for my DH. He's put up with so much, and he's not dealing well with it right now. It was interesting, however, to get a perspective on my Dad from someone outside the family.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

candlelady4 01-17-2005 06:20 AM

Just got up to temps of 21 out, I failed to listen to the weather yesterday so it was quite a surprise. I went to bed with no heat on checked the temp inside and it is 56...bbbrrrrrrrr. I got everything in this house that heats cranked up this morning.

Gloria that is so funny, I can just picture you checking behind you wondering what is on my leg. :lol: :lol:

Sunny what a nice evening you had. It sounds so nice how you all meet once a month and have such good conversations. It was my son in law that got the acid spilled on him, he works for a plumbing company and he dropped the container and the lid was loose. He does have infection in his leg so hopefully the shot and antibiotics they gave him will do the trick.

Thanks for you well wishes for my nephew.

Sheila sorry your trip was cut short but you never know about this crazy weather. I am sure you feel right in the middle between Df and Dh, once you get away things will be so much better for you. :)

Sending (((hugs))) to everyone else, hope all is well with you.

I have little Bradley and his big brother today since school is out, wish me luck. :dizzy: :dizzy: I think we will go get their hair cut they both are looking a little wooly then go and have some lunch.

I better get off and go drink my :coffee: and try to stay warm...bye.

SunnyD57 01-17-2005 07:53 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tsnpieces1.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../ccmval4a1.gif

Good Morning :coffee2:
Just thought I would drop in while sipping on my cup of green tea :) I don't know if I am going anywhere with my girlfriend as planned :shrug: now... it snowed about 7 inches yesterday and we are expecting another 7 - 8" by this evening and our temps are at 11* with wind chill at -7* talk about COLD! Anyway, we don't know what the roads are like or gonna be like so we are waiting it out. I should hear from her at around 9:00 to know for sure :^:

*~*~*

Diane, Burrrrrr... 21*! Yeah... just a bit cold, huh ;)

Sorry I misunderstood about SIL... hope that the acid burns heal quickly... I bet he's in allot of pain! Joe's best bud is a plumber... so now I know what you are speaking about, much clearer to me.

What an adorable little boy! Cute picture! Wishing you *luck* today with the kids... but I think you will all be just fine --- just have fun!

Sheila, I cannot blame you at all for scooting out like you did. I am sure that your dear friend understood... I know I wouldn't have wanted to get stuck on the island either. Glad it worked out and you got home safely and still had a nice lunch with your friend.

I agree with Diane, Sheila... once your DF moves it will make things so much better for you and your DH with your move & new life together. Soon this will all be behind you... soon, very soon. Do hang in there... (((Big Warm Hugs)))

*~*~*

I too hope that Angel, Bluet & Gloria had a great weekend this weekend... later gals. (((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eartsBAR03.gif

5 dogs 01-17-2005 11:15 AM

Sheila, I think i got in the middle of the conversation with your dad living with you. When Carl (hubby) and i move to Georgia (IN 4 years) and retire there, my mother-in-law might move in with us. She will be 86 by then and i don't think i could live with myself if we left her behind. Carl and i are the only family she has close by. The house we bought in Georgia has a in-law apt. in the back, so she would have her own living room, bedroom and bathroom. Plus there is a separate interance so she could come and go as she pleases. We would have our meals togather so she wouldn't have to cook. I know it sounds good on paper but still, having your mother-in-law living in the same house with you does not shound appealing. We still have 4 years and a lot can happen by then.

Hi Sunny. No, i was never close with my brother or sisters. When i met Carl 32 years ago and starting dating him, my family hated him. I guess its because i didn't meet him in church or something. I met him one night when i was babysitting and the kids wanted to go roller-skating. This was up in Alaska where he was stationed. One night, Carl and a friend had to get out of the barracks, so they went roller-skating and i just happen to be there with my babysitting kids. It was ment to be. After the first date, i was so in love with this guy, we were married about a month later. My family was not happy about this but i knew that this was the man i would spend the rest of my life with. About 20 years went by and my family and i never spook to each other till my dad died about 3 years ago. Now my mom and i talk about once a month and i just got an email from my older sister. My brother and his wife will be coming down the end of this week for a couple of days. Because my little sister is a missionary in Brazil with her husband, its kinda hard to keep in touch with her. Its sad to think it took the death of my father to get us back togather again.

Hay Candlelady, i would love to hear all about your candel making! I love to quilt and thought about making candels. Do you sell them? Send us some pictures if you can. One day i was burning a candle so long that there was just a small flicker of light from the wick, so i poured all this hot wax in an old cup and put a wick in the botton of it. Now i have two candles. Does that count as candle making? No? Didn't think so.

Angel honey, i know you are getting anxious about your new house and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I can say i know what you are going through. When Carl and i had the house we are living in now built about 25 years ago, we were living in a camping trailer for about 9 months in the middle of summer in Floida. Our kids were just babys then, and the only way to take a shower was to go in the public showers that they had in the R.V. camp that we were in. We have sugar fine sand down here, so at the end of the day, my floor looked like we were living in the middle of the desert. Just think about how nice everythink will be when its finished. Its the small things that keep me going each day. Hope to hear from you soon.

Bluet- Is that your user name? How did you get such an unusual name.

Have to get my wip-lashed butt going so will say so long for now.
When i first started this group, many of you told me how great this group is. Well, I've only been in it about a week and i agree, you all are pretty special. I just want to say "THANKS". I was so depressed and all of you reached out your hand and saved me.
Gloria

Sheila53 01-17-2005 07:35 PM

Hi, all--

How was your day with both grandsons, Candlelady? Hope they didn't run you ragged. Do they get along pretty well? Brr! That's pretty darn cold. Your grandson is such a cutie, by the way. Love his cute little chubby cheeks!

Oh, really brrr, SunnyD! Candlelady's temperature almost seems balmy compared to yours. Hope the roads were clear so you could get out and about.

5 Dogs, I thought about you today while I was doing jumping jacks in the pool. :lol: You have a good plan with your MIL, if she'll move. Do you think you'd have any problem getting her to move? My Dad absolutely would not move so we moved to him. He has a father-in-law unit at the back of the house that overlooks the garden. It's all up to disability standards in case he became disabled. Until he started showing signs of dementia, things were working out pretty well. He's become paranoid, verbally abusive, and horribly unreasonable, and he's particularly awful to my DH. We feel like we're walking on eggshells all the time, hoping that what we say or do won't set him off or be misinterpreted. It's pretty tough living like that.

I enjoyed reading how you met your husband. It's sad that your family couldn't accept him, and that they didn't talk to you for 20 years. I can't even imagine that. So, let's see photos of your quilts! We went to a quilt museum last summer, and really enjoyed looking at all the beautiful quilts. There was a display by a couple where the husband cross-stitched squares, and the wife made a quilt. The first one they ever did was of west coast lighthouses. He was in the Navy, and started cross-stitching on long voyages. My DH liked it, too, but not enough to learn how to cross-stitch. :)

Packing is the pits. Actually, sorting through stuff is worse. Today I sorted through two boxes left here by my daughter. She went to every formal (and informal) dance the school ever had during her three years there, and has photos from all of them. I was going to send them to her, but my DH said that we should hold them for 10 years and them give them to her--she'd appreciate them more.

So what do I do with 10 styrofoam coolers from Omaha Steaks? We thought there was a recycling place, but it turns out that they only take the peanuts. I called Omaha Steaks to ask them what to do with the boxes, and they said try Meals on Wheels or the Red Cross, neither of which was open today.

About 3:00 pm, my DH and I were exhausted so we lay on our bed and ate popcorn, and watched part of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (now that shows how tired we were!).

Hope everyone had a good Monday! It didn't stop raining once today. But that's better than snow, IMHO.

Angel-lover 01-17-2005 09:59 PM

Hi everybody. It's been a very long day & I'm tired. I wanted to drop in for a minute, though, cause I'll probably miss posting tomorrow. Gotta run an errand out of town.

Gloria...that was a very funny story about the whiplash! Gotta say, though, from looking at your picture...I can't imagine your fanny being that big. I probably would have embarrassed myself by scrambling out of the water, screaming for my life, instead of waiting to see what it was. :o

As far as the house...thanks for the encouragement. There's a lot more to my house story than you know. I don't want to bore everyone else by repeating it all. I'll make it as short as possible: Nov.2, 2002...housefire. Had to hire attorney to get insurance to pay....then, not enough to contract it out. After cleaning what was salvaged from the fire & stored in public storage, it was all stolen! After 2 yrs of DH (& sometimes the help of SIL's when they can) working every spare minute on the house, we're now living under a tarp for a roof & plastic for ceiling, no floor covering, no walls, no kitchen, & no furniture...& it's cold!! I've tried to be patient, but I'm tired. Not just of not having a house, but seeing DH work himself to death on it. We should have torn it on down, & started over. Too late now, we decided to remodel as we had planned & kinda got stuck. Now, our money is gone & still no house. Gotta build as we can. It's ok....no one got hurt in the fire. That's what's most important.

Sheila...I'll be so glad when the moving is over for you. Been there....done that! Glad you had an enjoyable weekend.

Hi Sunny....Glad you had such a good evening with your friends.

Hi Candlelady...Yes, I like Super Wal-Mart. I already go....just a farther distance. Soon, though it'll be in my home town! There's a Target, also. I prefer Wal-Mart.

Hi Bluet...are you snowed in right now? I still wish I had some. If I gotta have cold weather (15 degrees today), then I want snow. :D

I got my son up this morning, so he could get his little girl up for school. He got her dressed & took her to school on this very cold morning! NO SCHOOL!! We forgot. :lol:

Sorry...I know I'm boring tonight. Just so darn tired! I'll be back when I get a chance.

5 dogs 01-17-2005 10:39 PM

Would ya'll like to hear the story "When i fell in love with my husband"? After we met at the roller-skating rink, Carl called me the next day for a date. I said "Yes" of course and we decided to go to a play at the local high school where barefoot in the park was playing. This was in Alaska where he was in the Air Force and i was working and going to collage. It was the middle of winter and Carl picked me up in a red V.W. bug that had no heater and, the style back then was the mini skirt so you can just imagine how cold it was inside this car. Well, after the play we went back to his car but had to wait for the engin to warm up before we could go. For those of you who have never sat in a little V.W. bug before, i will tell you that the seats are very close togather. So I'm sitting there shivering in my little mine skirt and Carl reached over and squeezes the back of my neck. I got this feeling in the pit of my stomach that was WONDERFUL and yet i thought i was going to be sick. I was in love!:dizzy::spin::angel::cb::dancer: A week later we moved in togather, and two weeks after that we were married. I called my mom and dad and told them i was getting married at such and such a time and place. My parents hated Carl and i never did find out why. My mom and dad did come but my sisters and brother did not. We have been togather ever since. Cool story huh?
Love to all of you.
Gloria

5 dogs 01-17-2005 10:51 PM

Carl and Five dogs

Who will get to lick the bowl?

candlelady4 01-18-2005 06:15 AM

Good Tuesday Morning dear friends

Thanks for all the compliments on my little buddy. He is a cutie isn't he? Now this is a Grandma talking.... :)

Gloria such a neat story about how you met you hubby, the only thing sad is no contact with your family for so long. :( :( I loved the pics especially the one with the dogs, they just wanted a little lick. :D Yes at one time back in 1999 and 2000 I did sell candles with my Sister but she passed away in 2000 which nearly devastated me and I closed the business just couldn't go on and do it without her. :( I still make candles for myself and they smell pretty darn good even if I say so myself. :D ;)

Oh Charlotte I never heard the story either and that is so horrible, you talk about bad luck I think you had more than your share. I admire your determination and spirit you must be one spunky lady. :) :)

Sheila don't work too hard moving is never an easy thing to do I just hate it. In answer to your question yes the boys get along well they are step brothers but the 14 yr. old is crazy about the 2 1/2 yr. old. The only problem is the 21/2 yr old acts like they older one, stomps his feet and huffs and puffs, this is not a good thing. :mad: It is kind of funny now but won't be much longer. I forgot about little dears having big ears and the other day something happened and I said "Gosh Amighty" which I should have never said so now Bradley the little one goes around and says it. :o :o

Hi Sunny did you get snowbound?

Here is another pic of Bradley a little grainy and he was a little dirty pig too. I will send some of the older boys when I get around to downloading from my cd. As you can tell my Grandchildren are my life and I am so lucky to have them living so close. :D :D

Sending big hugs to all have a great one.

5 dogs 01-18-2005 10:23 AM

Charlotte, my hart goes out to you. I know you have heard this a thousand times and am probably tired of hearing it, but i have to tell you that you have more courage and determination than i will ever have. God bless you.
I know all about the hassels of dealing with insurance people. My car insurance wont pay my medical bills from my accident in 2003, so now my credit is almost non-existing. (Blood sucking maggots!!!!) You pay and pay, and when you need them they say sorry, no can do.
I to see my hubby putting in long hard days at work and coming home almost to tired to eat. Before my car accident we were living on two incomes and were doing O.K. in the money department. There was food on the table and all the bills got paid. There was even a little something extra for the savings. Now, our bills get paid but our savings is just pitiful.
To Funny! Getting up in the cold and your son taking his daughter to school. I am sure it wasn't funny at the time but i have done that also.

Sheila, I don't have any pictures of my quilts. This past Christmas, money was extremely tight and there was nothing in the kiddy for present. We still wanted to give family members something, so everyone got quilted home made place mats, pot holders, quilts. Carl does counted cross stitch pictures so everyone got one of those also. We had a home made Christmas. I will try and find a picture of one of Carl's counted cross stitch pictures.

My apologies to Sunny, Candlelady, and Bluet for not sending a letter. I have a lot to do today and am already behind.

Hugs and kisses to all of you.
Gloria

Sheila53 01-18-2005 09:03 PM

Bluet, Bluet, come out and play! Hope you're okay. Just busy and exhausted??

Charlotte, had to laugh imagining you running out of the water screaming, wondering what was hitting you in the leg. My Wednesday water aerobics instructor is really funny, and I'm going to tell her 5 Dogs' story. I know she'll get a huge kick out of it. Ah, your poor son and granddaughter! I can just see their faces as they realized the school was closed.

5 Dogs, no car heater in Alaska?? Love or no love, I would seriously have considered the guy a nut! No wonder you live in Florida now. :lol: You guys look so sweet together. You know, my DH and I got married after knowing each other less than six months, but when my DD did that (although it was 10 months for her, but they didn't live in the same area for four of those months), I wasn't happy about it. That photo of the dogs and your DH is just too funny! I had to show my DH, who laughed aloud. Carl's cross stitch is beautiful! So have you thought about making a quilt with Carl's cross stitch?

Candlelady, first, were you really up at 3:29 am editing your message? Or even earlier given that I think the time on this board is Pacific time. The photo is so cute! He's such a handsome boy. I'm looking forward to seeing the older boys, too. Aren't you glad you didn't say anything worse than "Gosh Almighty?" You know, I was in Target the other day and there were two women shopping with about three little kids. The language those two women were using was horrible--the "f" and "s" word in every sentence, very casually just in conversation. I was appalled that someone with kids would talk like that.

So the big thing today was would my Dad get in the assisted living because he couldn't do his own blood sugar testing. I left a message with his doctor yesterday, then this morning, then I took a typed note down to the office. Heard from someone around 2:30 pm, and Dad doesn't have to test his blood any longer. He was relieved, and so was I.

My daughter called and said that she and her husband definitely are going to the inauguration on Thursday. They've even been invited to the ball. I was wondering about ball gowns, but then realized that she'd have to wear her uniform anyway (she's going with a contingent of other Navy personnel) so she doesn't have to worry about what to wear. Her husband was supposed to leave on a three week cruise, but he got out of it because his captain felt that going to the inauguration was a big deal. Nice for them because they actually got to spend their six month anniversary together last night.

Do you know how hard it is to find a rental when you have pets, and especially more than 2 pets? I've been calling places in Corvallis, and looking in the paper. I found two places that look promising. One requires only a $500 deposit, but the other requires a bunch of deposits, and monthly charges. I think that one is probably a nicer place.

We're wet and wild here in Washington. Lots of flooding, record one-day rainfalls, mudslides. We have a leaky skylight every once in a while, but we're fine other than that. And warm--the pineapple express has landed and it was approaching 60 degrees here today.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Angel-lover 01-19-2005 08:48 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...lentine02r.gif
Good morning everyone,
Well, I had a long, exhausting day yesterday, which caused me to not sleep well last night.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ee/eyebags.gif But, it was successful. I got new upper dentures. I have to go quite a distance (about 1 1/2 hr drive) & be there at 8 am to get them the same day. I'd had my old ones waaay too long & they were getting very uncomfortable. I can smile better now! :D Only, these are smaller than my last two sets. I may not look as cute, now, when I smile. :lol:
The weather is still cold, but pretty. The sunshine is just glowing each day.

Hi Sheila...good news about your dad! Every little thing is a big help. But, actually that's a big thing! Is he a diabetic? You've probably said so, if he is....but my memory..... :dizzy: If so, when his sugar is out of whack, it would make him more agitated, etc....but, I'm sure you know this. I'm mostly thinking out loud. (or rather, in cyberspace. :^: )
You talking about the rental, reminded of when I was a little girl. I had a dog (Spanky), a cat (Smokey) & a bird (Jerry...well, actually had 2 birds...Tom & Jerry, until Tom died). The bird never stayed in the cage. Either on my shoulder or head or on the dog or cat. They were all pals. When we moved from Michigan to Alabama, we knew we had to put them in a cage on the truck with the furniture, so we put them in the same one, together. When we'd stop for gas, or food & feed them, people would surround us to see the three of them together! :lol:
Hope your daughter & SIL enjoy the inauguration! Hope you stay safe in the flooding.

Hi Gloria...I here ya about the car accident......... I had a very good job when I had my car accident. One day I worked, the next day it was over. Yes, I draw a monthly check, but not near as much as I had earned. Medicare doesn't pay for my prescription meds, either. They come to over $300.00 a month. I feel so guilty when a bill is due, & I have to buy meds, instead. DH is great about it, though. He's never complained. I'm just glad Medicare pays for the Remicade treatments for the RA. Over $3000.00 for each treatment!
Ok...how I met my husband. Started to church where he & his cousin was going. Started dating his cousin. He introduced me to DH. He was best man at our wedding! :D He said he'd never introduce his girlfriends to anyone else, anymore. :lol: We are all still very close & see each other a lot. I love his wife. DH & I dated 2 yrs before we married. We were both 19. That was almost 37 yrs ago!

Hi Candlelady...Your grandson is a dear! I only have 3 grandsons. But, 8 granddaughters! They're sooooo sweet. :) We DO have to watch what we say & do in front of little ears & eyes. I have 2 granddaughters that are here every other week. They are 3 & 6. The 3 yr old is catching on fast! Seems it's the bad habits she catches on to the most! :^: So far, not too bad, though.

Hi Sunny....hope all is well with you. Did you get to go out with your friend? All that snow........wish we'd get some of it. It's been very cold this week. Down in the teens & cold winds, but sunshine.

Hi Bluet....you must be tuckered out, or something. Hope you're not sick.

Hi Fatpuss........
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...miss_you_3.bmp

I've got to get serious with my diet!!