3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   *Over 50 and Getting Healthy #20* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51366-%2Aover-50-getting-healthy-20%2A.html)

Bluet 01-14-2005 09:57 AM

HI SUNNY,
Just a quick note here, I heard on the radio on the way to work that the Ohio Valley is flooding and all the electricity has been shut off to the homes. Does that involve you? Also it is suppose to get very cold later today. The same thing happened here we had a lot of rain on Wednesday and mild temperatures on Thursday and last night temps dropped to 7 below with wind chills at 40 below. Good reason to stay indoors I'd say.

Seven couples, are a lot of people, you will have a good time I am sure. :-) Chocolate MMMMMM don't tempt me.

Sheila, Hope you are busy packing, it is unusual for you not to post after CSI. Let us know how you are doing...ok?

Charlotte, Diane and Gloria.......Have a loverly Friday!

Bluet

5 dogs 01-14-2005 10:26 AM

Weather report

Hi Sunny- Yeasterday i had to turn on my air because it was in the 80 in my house. To hot to do anything. Its raining out today but still have my windows open and the is a cool freah breeze blowing. I have a tomato plant in a big pot sitting in front of our house along with fresh herbs. They were smiling at me this morning when i went out to see if they survived the storm. (And yes, i do talk to them)

Sunny & Angle-What picture? I don't think i sent a picture. As you can guess, i am computer stupid but loooove to push buttons. I was palying around yesterday trying to figure out how to down load a picture. Maybe i did and didn't know it. What was it a picture of?

Well put another potato in the pot because i have company coming. :D My brother (Larry) and his wife (Elaine) are coming on down for a visit next Friday. They live in Ariz. and i haven't seen them in 3 years. My dad died 3 years ago Feb. and i went out there for his funeral.

In two weeks hubby (Carl) and i are going on vacation to Ga. Last year Oct., Carl, Mother-in-law (Effie) and i went on vacation togather and fell in love with the town of Blairsville Ga. Now i know what you are asking me. Mother-in-law went on vacation with you? Will explain later. Anyway, Carl and i want to retire in about 4 years. We have land in North Carolina and had planed to build a log home there. Hubby and i could not come to an understanding on how big the house should be. I want big, he wants small. Hey, i have stuff. I need lots of room for my stuff.
So when we went up in Oct., we were looking in this real-estate magazine and saw a house that we were just going to look at. When the realtor unlocked the fornt door and i took one step inside, i knew right then that this was the house we would retire in. We made an offer and now the house is ours. Because there is no furniture in the house, we will be taking Carl's truck and bring some of the STUFF we have down here. Just call us the beverly hillbillies. Furniture in the back with five dogs and two people in the front. You might be a red neck if you .............

Now about Mother-in-law coming on vacation with us. As you know, my father died 3 years ago Feb. Well, my father-in-law died a month after my dad. They lived about a mile from us which was kinda nice for my kids. They got to see there Grandparents often, plus we had free babysitting. Now that my father-in-law is gone, i try to include Effie as much as possible. She is 82 and still gets around pretty good. Still, we are the only family that lives close so we includ her when we can.
Have to get my butt going.
Company a comin
Gloria

SunnyD57 01-14-2005 11:32 AM

Real quick post...

Gloria, If you click ON your user-name (5 dogs) to the left above your name you will see a list there... I clicked on your Profile and it will open up to your Public Profile --- there is a picture there ;)

*~*~*

Gotta get back to work...
Later...
:sunny:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 01-14-2005 11:39 AM

Hi Bluet,

No... so far all is well here where Joe & I live. Thank you for asking about us... It is all around us though... the rivers are really flooding! And so many homes are being distroyed or damaged, very sad to see. We can drive to see those homes they are that close.

I am so sorry to be brief, but I have a bit more to do then I realized. I will be so relieved to have 7:00 get here!

Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

5 dogs 01-14-2005 11:59 AM

Pictures of my new house in blairsville Ga.

The bottom picture is of my mom, sister on left, brother in middle and i am the one with the red hair.

5 dogs 01-14-2005 12:46 PM

Jamie on the left and Daughter-in-law (Gina) on right

4.tif

SunnyD57 01-14-2005 12:55 PM

Nice Pictures!!

Nice Pictures Gloria...

you did it!!! :cp: :dance:

You have a beautiful home!!
When do you move there?

You all make a very nice looking family!!
There's 4 kids in my family too... me being the oldest.

Did you find the picture I mentioned in your profile ;)

Ta...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

candlelady4 01-14-2005 01:14 PM

Good afternoon well barely afternoon girls.

Thanks for the pics Gloria beautiful home and great looking family.

Sunny sounds like you are being a busy lady today, hope everything goes well tonight for you. How are you feeling? Now don't overdo.

Hi Bluet unimaginable to me to have temps -7, I think I would just hibernate in the house too cold to get out.

Hi Sheila what are you up to today?

Hi Charlotte how are you feeling?

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I think Dhb is leaving again for a week to go to his hunting lease so I will have the house to myself. :cheer:

I have a question for you all. Do you take hormones? I went to Dr. today and she put me back on Premarin 1.25 said to take it about a yr. and she would wean me off of them by the time I was 60. I have been feeling so rotten lately I have to do something. I was just wondering your imput.

Well think I will go lay down for a little while then I have got to get up and get busy. I will see you all tonight

5 dogs 01-14-2005 02:05 PM

family picture

Sunny-Yes, I found the picture of me in my profile. Thanks.
I also have a younger sister who is a missionary in Brazil with her husband. Her name is Lillian and she is the baby of the family. My sister in the picture is the oldest (Wanda) and she lives in Alasak with her husband and four kids. My mom lost twin boys in child birth a year later. I came next and 14 momths later my brother come along. Then it was suprise, suprise and my little sister came four years later.

Hubby and i will live in the house we are in now for the next four years. Then we hope to retire in the house that is in the picture. If you put Blairsvill Ga. in your Explorer (Mack talk) you will be able to see pictures. Wonderful fishing and mountains.

Were you able to open the pictures of Jamie and Gina? I will send them again just in case.

I hope you are sitting down. I am sending a picture of my son. Sorry, his married.

Sheila53 01-14-2005 08:49 PM

Wow--I don't post for one day and come back to all these messages!

What a beautiful house, 5 Dogs! I can see why you fell in love with it. So, are you just using it as a "vacation" home until you retire, or are you moving there now? Your son is a good-looking guy--takes after his mom, I see! What a beautiful family you have! A tomato plant in January--that's amazing! When do you get the first tomatoes?

Bluet, I didn't shut my eyes fast enough when they showed the gory parts last night. While it wasn't really too bad, I actually felt a bit queasy when the ME stuck something in the eye of the head. Don't know why that affected me so much.

Meatballs smothered in gravy--sounds good to me. I'm sure that's "lite" gravy, right?

Charlotte, if things like snakes give you nightmares, definitely don't watch CSI. The snake was pretty tame compared to some of the stuff they show. I heard on the news that there is some kind of weather problem in Alabama. Hope it's not near you.

SunnyD, I did do some packing, but my half-sister and her daughter came by after signing the papers at the cemetery. We chatted for a while before they left to take the ferry back. I'm not sure what my half-sister is going to do since she doesn't drive, and none of her kids live nearby. I asked, but she said, "I don't want to think about that now." so I changed the subject. The rather sad thing was that about three hours after she left, my Dad said something about "that person" who visited. While she was here, he knew it was his daughter, but after she'd gone, he forgot. I'm not going to mention the funeral again because I think it's best that he not go.

What weird weather changes you're having, SunnyD. Shorts weather one day, and parkas the next. I wonder if your plants are having a hard time figuring out if they should be doing now. Hope you have a good time tonight. You need a fun time after being housebound for so long. Do you know that my DH hasn't opened the chocolates he got for Christmas. I wonder if he remembers they are in the pantry. If they were mine, they would have been gone the day after Christmas.

Candlelady, you're going to have to explain what a hunting lease is for us city wimps. I've never had to take hormones, and hope not to. I've never had any menopausal symptoms so I have no idea where I am in the process. Hope that the hormones help you feel better.

Tomorrow we're going to Whidbey Island to visit our friends who have a house right on the beach. My DH is finally over his bad cold, and I've been fighting like crazy not to get it. Yesterday I thought I might lose the battle, but today I feel pretty good. However, the weather may not cooperate with our trip because they keep talking snow and/or freezing rain. It is pretty darn cold here right now, but very clear with all the snow-covered mountain ranges on both sides of us. Sunday we're packing, of course, and then Monday we're moving some stuff into the storage shed we rented. My DH gets Monday off.

So, realizing we haven't discussed weight loss in a while, how is everyone doing with losing? How about exercise? I have a big confession to make. I went to Weight Watchers after 8 weeks of not going, and I've gained, gulp, 7 lbs. I was horrified, and mad at myself because it takes me forever to take off 7 lbs, but I put it on so darn fast. But except for Christmas Day, I exercised every day of those 8 weeks so at least I've changed that way. Next week we're back with water aerobics after a week of doing Walk Away the Pounds tapes instead.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm taping the murder mystery again (oh, and I did watch the other one and guessed who the killer was) so if you want to talk about it, put a big DON'T READ SHEILA up and I won't read that paragraph.

candlelady4 01-15-2005 05:28 AM

:coffee: :coffee: Yummmmmmmm so good. I awoke early as usual so am sitting here doing my very favorite things early in the morning.

Sheila good to hear from you. Have a good time visiting with your friends. A hunting lease is where the men go to hunt. All the men in my family are big hunters. My dhb is such a loner he loves to go up there during the week when no one is there and stay. They hunt deer, turkey, hogs and ducks. :(
Sheila I know how you feel about gaining weight same here. I have been really trying this week. I need to quit weighing everyday like I have been doing it goes up a lb. then down a lb. :mad: I have noticed though when it goes down a lb. is when I drank my water. I have got to make myself drink it everyday. :workout:

Sunny how did it go last night?

Hi Charlotte, Gloria and Bluet what going on?

I don't watch alot on tv only because I go to sleep so early. My of the time I will turn on Larry King and drift off while he is on. I do love a good mystery or crime show though.

Not sure what we are going to do today, I know one thing it is back to Walmart for some groceries and pick up my meds. I plan on being there by 7am and get shopping done early. I need to clean my computer room badly, maybe I will just do that... :D

5 dogs 01-15-2005 01:17 PM

Candlelady-Wow--Do you always get up that early? I live in the East time zone (Florida) so i am ahead of you in time. I was surprised to see your post so early. How are you feeling? Still tired? Menopause has a way of doing that to you. Do you take vitamins or iron? One thing that i do when i start getting depressed and tired is go for a walk or go to the Y. Sometime just the fresh air can do wonders.

People say that men don't go through menopause, i think this is not true. My husband is the dearest, sweetest man i have ever know, but today he is Dr. Jeckel Mr. Hide. One second sweet and charming, and then crabby and crouch the next. Maybe I'll go to the movies or go swimming at the Y.

Sheila-Yes, we are going to use the house as a vacation home till we retire in 4 years. The house has no furniture or anything else in it as far as that goes, so we will be taking most of the stuff we have down here (Florida) and bringing it up there (Georgia). We have lived in this Florida home for about 25 years and have accumulated a lot of stuff. We only have a one car garrage and it is packed with my kids stuff when they were little (Doll house made by Grandpa, Cradle my kids sleep in when they were baby's) so even if i could clean it out, i could never get rid of those things.

My tomato plant has 4 tomatos on it. Two will be ready to pick in another week. I also grow my own herbs. Rosemary on fish with lemon is wonderful. I eat it almost every day.

Sunny-O.K. girlfriend, i want details on last nights ho-down. I guess people don't say ho-down anymore. O.K., how was your social event of the season? I specially want to know about the chocolate! Did it have nuts or raisins in it, or was it just plan and creamy. Details girlfriend, details.

Angel- I hope your doing well. Haven't seen your sweet angel in awhile.

Bluet- What is going on in your neck of the woods? I guess people don't say that eather. How is life treating you.

Hubby wants lunch so must run now.
Later gater.
Gloria

5 dogs 01-15-2005 04:14 PM

Tomato plant in front of my house

I have four tomatos almost ready for the picking. B.L.T's anyone?

Angel-lover 01-15-2005 05:17 PM

Love all your pictures, Gloria!

OK.....the weather report......A few days of 60-70 degrees, then a few days of freezing! The poor buttercups don't know whether to bloom, or not. :^:
Well, DH & DS got the decking on one side of the roof. :D (The side you could see in the pics I posted.) They have a lot of work for next week, so won't be a lot done. Mixed feelings there....we need the roof, but, need the work, also.

The gory programs would only bother me at night, when I'm about to go to sleep. I love watching surgeries, etc., on tv. I wanted to be a nurse, but couldn't afford college. I have a lot of medical books, & have read most of what's in all of them. I'm the strong one in the family, when it comes to blood, etc. ;) I just don't want to see snakes & maggots just before going to sleep.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ver/7_11_5.gif

Sheila...the only weather problems I know of in this area was a couple of days ago. We had very bad storms & rained as hard as I've ever seen. It was my day off & I was alone. (under the tarp!) DH worried. He said he didn't trust tarp in lightening. All went well, though.
I know it's a real strain on you & relatives with the funeral, & all you're dealing with. You're in my thoughts & prayers.

Candlelady...I shop at Wal-mart a lot. We're getting a new Super Wal-mart in our town! It's going to open the end of this month!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...clapsmiley.gif

Hi Bluet...hope you enjoy your weekend off from work!

Gotta go. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../byesmiley.gif

candlelady4 01-16-2005 06:44 AM

Good Sunday morning girls. I slept until nearly five am today. :cheer:

We found out nephew is going to be transferred to Ft. Worth hospital today they believe he has heart disease so they are going to run test on him. :( With him having peritinitus twice in five yrs. I am sure that it caused damage to his organs, you can't be that sick and come through it with nothing. :( They say he has about 35% of his heart working. :( :(

Then last week sil spilt acid on his leg and it is looking very bad, Dr. said he may have to have a skin graph. I guess I am going to have to tie up all these men in my family in order to keep them safe. :) :) I am ready for some sort of normalcy again.

Gloria I always get up early. I worked in the pharmacy at Wal-Mart for 9 yrs. and the biggest part of that time I worked 6am-3pm. I guess I just got into the habit of getting up early then. My daughter gets here with the grandson I keep at 7 so I have to get up anyway.

Charlotte you will love the super Wal-Mart that is what we have and it is great!! They are building a Target here too. Do you all have Target? I like it better than Wal-Mart.

I hope each of you have a wonderful day, I plan to.