Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 08:30 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default TG Weekly Chat - Jan 3 thru Jan 9 ... 2005!

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group!

We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join in our weekly chats and let's get to know each other better ...

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2005!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group

Old 01-03-2005, 08:33 PM   #2  
CJ

Don't know what has happened to ya all but hope everything is ok with you. If you fell off the wagon over the holidays, it's ok, just pick yourself up and climb back on! I stayed OP all day today ... I'm taking one day at a time ... I KNOW I CAN DO IT! SO CAN YOU!!

Just got in from the hot tub ... that felt soooooo good. Hope to hear from someone soon ... it's lonely in here.

Love, CJ
Old 01-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #3  
SRR
shaun

Hi Everyone;
yes, I am still around... just got back from holidays.. ate way too much but realize I have to get back on the horse or cart or whatever...

Alright...Happy New Year to all and looking forward to losing some weight this year...

talk soon
shaun
Old 01-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #4  
CJ

Hi Shaun - glad to see you in here! I thought everyone deserted me - lol. Well, even tho you ate too much hope your holidays were good. Now we are in the new year and we are going to lose lose lose!

Yesterday was Day2 for me staying OP. Today is Day 3 and I CAN DO THIS!

Hope to see some more happy faces in here SOON.

Love, CJ
Old 01-05-2005, 10:27 AM   #5  
SRR
shaun

We're on it CJ,
a new year.. now I do have to finish off those delicious snowballs I made and that fruit cake my mother made...
oh well... I will allow myself one treat a day... kind of a weening off process... don't want to go cold turkey and have a reaction or anything..
Good going that your back on track though.. I need your inspiration to keep me at it.

I have started walking though..on my lunch breaks and I have begun to walk to the coffee shop 10 minutes away for morning break... all good steps..

Have a good day and keep at it...
shaun
Old 01-05-2005, 05:38 PM   #6  

Hello Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello. I don't want you guys to think I've forgotten about you! Nico is doing his part to make his "toddler" years memorable. Can we say tantrums from h*ll? Lord, I think I'm going to have to tie him down!

I've got to run...Nico is trying to climb the gate at the top of the stairs. I'll write more later!

Sylvia
Old 01-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I got back from holidays this week. We unhooked the computer at home before Christmas and moved it to another room. We need to paint the other room before hooking back up, so I don't have computer access at home just yet. Consequently I went MIA over the holidays.

Like everyone else, I ate too much, was way too busy and came back to work for a welcome rest. I did monitor my weight over Christmas, though, and managed to limit the weight gain to 1 lb. and I have lost that already. One of my resolutions for the year is to maintain my weight...and added bonus would be to lose an extra 5 lbs., but I'm not pushing that at the moment.

I got back to the track this week...3 cardio workouts so far...and plan to get back to the weights tonight. When I was at the track at noon, one of the secretaries ran past me with her skinny, minny little bod and her well toned and muscled shoulders. That was just the final straw for me to get back to the weights. Before Christmas, I was just starting to see some muscle definition in my shoulders, but that has gone all to pot.

AND - eat your hearts out all - I am just about finished my Christmas shopping for next year. Just a couple more gifts to buy and then I will be done. I wanted to get done early this year because DS is planning to get married next year in Mexico and I don't want the double financial burden of paying for a trip and buying presents all together. Soooo, the shopping was done at the sales. I have all the stocking stuffers, all the gifts for staff for DH and me, and all but a couple of the major gifts for the kids. I even have extra gifts for "just in case something crops up." They actually wanted to get married in the summer, but I am scheduled for surgery then and will probably not be able to go....they changed their plans to include me. I was kind of surprised because his fiance seems to think that her family is the only side that exists, until they need money.

By the way, CJ, I made 4 scarves over Christmas break using your instructions. They really turned out nicely. It really is hard to see the mistakes when you make one, though. I have yarn to make about 4 or 5 more (I want one, too), so will get busy with that soon. I will be babysitting the grandkids for a week in the middle of Jan. so that will be a nice project to take with me.

I also registered to take a correspondence course starting the beginning of next month - cost accounting. I just need to suck it up and get it done, I guess. DH wants me to start a Masters program in Leadership this summer, so I thought that I will take some time to upgrade a bit and get ready. I have a few more courses to finish before then, also, but I can do them as quickly as I want and get them over with.

This promises to be a busy year. We are planning some more major renos this year, so are hoping to get most of the work done and then we can consider selling the property. Dh thinks we should live in it for a few years, but I'm thinking that, if we finish it, then sell it as fast as we can.

CJ - Congrats for staying OP. You CAN do this. You don't have very far to go and it will go quickly if you stay focused. I am acutally surprised at how quickly I was able to lose the weight this time compared to a few years ago. I didn't have as much to lose, so that made a difference. Keep with it, take one day at a time and focus on the end result. Better yet, set some small mini goals and focus on them. A whole bunch of mini goals put together makes the major goal before you know it. Take care.

Hope everyone has a great week. I will try to check in tomorrow. Tata
Old 01-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #8  

Hello Ladies!

Nico is down for his nap so I finally have some quiet time to myself. I've been trying to stay active but, it's hard when it's been raining for two weeks straight. I was up until 1am doing laundry because I was afraid the power was going to go out (two "big" storms are supposed to come). I usually do laundry on Friday anyway and figured a day early isn't going to kill me. The sun did poke through for 15 minutes on Tuesday and I took Nico for a walk. We were a block and a half away from home when it started to sprinkle. Luckily I hauled my hiney up the hill and made it home before the downpour began. I am going to WW tomorrow morning to sign up. I am actually looking forward to it as my husband is going to follow the program with me (he's going to watch Nico so he won't go to the meetings with me). I hope we can stick to it.

Peggy- Your done with your Christmas shopping? I think you have CJ beat! I thought about it and mentioned it to my husband....he looked at me like I was nuts. When are you having surgery? I hope you recover quickly and get better. So your son is getting married? Is he marrying the girl that you don't like?

CJ- Hey Chickie! You are doing great! I see you sitting in that hot tub, looking fabulous in your new hairdo and having buttershots! Speaking of buttershots, have you heard from Sharon? I really miss that woman! I hope all is well with her. I don't think I have her e-mail address so I may send one to Chrissy.

Shaun- Hang in there! Snowballs? Oooooh, that sounds really good with Just walk away from the cookies and fruitcake!!! Good job on your walks.

Well ladies, I'm off to fold laundry and then mop the floor. I gotta keep busy somehow!

Have a great day!

Sylvia
Old 01-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #9  
CJ

Hi everyone! Sorry I dissappeared for a few days ... have been very busy and also have had company and haven't taken the time to post. Sorry

I am in the process of making family photo calendars for each one of my kids and their families with birthdays, anniversaries, etc for that family included. This is going to be some project as my mind keeps thinking of things to do/add faster than I can actually do it! Anyways, this project is replacing the scarves, although I am still making some per requests.

Peggy:
Yes, you do have me beat on the xmas shopping! I do have some bought and wrapped for Xmas 2006 but if I were to buy everything for everyone during the after christmas sales I would be in the poor house! Nine kids and spouses, nine grandchildren, and 1 great-grandchild, plus others! So I spread it out thru the year, but usually am done by end of the summer! Good for you tho ... a fine job! I am hoping to "cut back" a bit this year (I know, I say that every year) but this time I do mean it. But, of course, not for the wee ones, as they do love those gifts to open. Good job on the scarves too ... they are fun to make aren't they? Have you seen the fun fur on the flip flop thong shoes yet? So cute! I'm going to give that a try next I think.

Sylvia:
Good luck on your WW! You can do this! I have heard from Sharon but not as much as I would like. She is very very busy with her work programs she is in and will be starting a new one end of Jan - and in the mean time will probably go back to H&R Block till the end of Jan and than when the new study starts I understand she will be out of town all weekends. I know she had her dad with her over the holidays ... actually I owe her an email BIG TIME! I will scan her Christmas letter she sent in her card and email it to you sometimes this week and also will send you her new email address. I keep telling her to get back in here and post, and she keeps saying she will .. but then I suppose she just gets busy and time passes. I miss her in here too!

Shawn:
Well ... are the snowballs gone yet???? Good job on the walking ... doing better than me there. I messed up a little the last couple of days but getting back on track today.

Loon:
Where are you? Hope all is well and we hear from you real soon. Hope your holidays were great and New year but now you need to get back in here and get back on track with the rest of us!

Well ... it's a dreary day out ... cold ... expecting freezing rain (yuk) .. and it's 4:00 pm and I am still in my jammies .. hubby and I are watching old movies. Pretty soon it will be time for me to go out and soak in my hot tub ...

Note:
Did you see the notice about the diet book giveaway? All you need to do to be entered into a weekly drawing is post at least five times during one week between Saturday and Friday ... there will be random drawings every Saturday ... click on the thread above and it shows you the list of books they are giving away ... so post away girls ... and good luck!

Until later....
Love, CJ
Old 01-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #10  
RAR

HI! Everyone was browsing and thought I would like to join if you will have me since it is the New year really want to get serious as have been going to do it but havent and now gained a few pounds that I dont needso I need lots of encouragment and motivation so hope you can help me have a good day Rita
Old 01-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #11  
CJ

Good morning everyone and WELCOME Rita! Of course we will have you .. would love to have you join us in our group. Just jump in and post away .. we may be a small group but there is always someone here!

Hope everyone is having a great start this week ... This is going to be a short one as we have some Monday errands to do .. just wanted to say hello.

I'm off now to start the new thread for this week ... See you there!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread