3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #22 - 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51062-desperately-need-diet-buddy-22-2005-a.html)

NicoleNYC 03-20-2005 02:53 PM

Nichola, hope you are feeling better by now.

I think I'm at the end of this allergy misery for now. Blah. It's such a drag! But I must admit, it's not nearly as bad as when I was younger so I should not complain too much.

I'm still tracking points and tomorrow (provided the sinuses have stopped throbbing) I plan to pick back up with my beloved WATP. Yay. Terrified of getting hear the scales.

Hope all is well with you guys!

B

ecchs 03-24-2005 02:14 AM

Uh oh...where did everyone go? Hope you're all well ladies...As for me, I'm fatter than ever. Well, actually, not EVER, but getting close. It has got to STOP. Here. NOW.

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 03-24-2005 02:37 AM

Lorraine, I'm still around but had a very busy week at work as it's the end of term today. I'm also up to my eyes with ironing as we are going on hols to Singapore on Saturday, and my son, Tom, is flying off to Sri Lanka tomorrow on tour with the Hong Kong Under 16's Rugby team ... He had to go through a lot of intensive training to get into the squad so were really proud of him.

You are not alone ... I am also fatter than ever (almost)! Had a mammoth weekend ... it was the Hong Kong Rugby 7's World Cup which is a 3 day event Fri-Sun ... and just about every expat in Hong Kong attends (if they can get tickets!) and people come from all over the globe. It's a fantastic weekend (even for those who don't much like rugby). Consequently, I spent the whole three days doing this :cbg: :jeno: :mcd: ... this :cheers: ... and this :cp: :cheer: Needless to say I've never felt so uncomfortable!! I dread getting on the scales ... my clothes are enough to tell me I've gained lbs!!!!!

As we're off on holiday this weekend seems pretty pointless trying to get myself back on track now ... but wait until I come back!!! This have simply got to change!!!!

I'll catch up with you all when I get back from Sing! :wave:

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 03-24-2005 10:13 AM

Hello Ladies! I've been a bad "fatchick". Haven't been reading the posts nor taken the time to write. But you all have been on my mind. While doing dishes I'll think, "Gotta get on the 3FC site and see how they are doing." and the same when I'm cleaning or fatzing around. Well here I am; better late than never.

First off I'd like to congratulate the losers and maintainers. I gained back the 5 that I lost so I'm back to 325lb again. My God, I can't believe that number. :o

I went to Paris last week for a mini-vaca and it was wonderful. 100 times better than I expected. The food was fresh and fabulous, not like the crap we have in America (no offense to the Americans). Even their processed foods taste better than ours. I spend 1/2 my time just tasting the foods. While I was waiting for the Metro I would stop by a vending machine and taste the Pepsi, Lipton Iced Tea, Water and get a Coke at a restaurant. Their soda has less carbonation and is not as sweet. Their Lipton doesn't have an after taste like it was made with shitty tea leaves. Bottom line even there sweet stuff is not as heavy and sweet as ours. I had tartar with fries and the fries didn't taste heavy or fried. How'd they do that? And everyone is thin there, a little too thin if you ask me. No one has an *** or tits. They all look like 12 year old boys wearing Chanel and Armani. But that's my just my .2 cents.

So it's good to be home except for the high fructose corn syrup and the 9000 ingredients that are put into our food that don't need to be there. And it's back to drawing board for me with my foodplan. I'm going to give it another try. I have made changes by ensuring that I eat cheese and protein during the day and I have added some vegetables here and there. I'm getting there...slowly.

Love,
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong 03-31-2005 08:28 PM

Hi Girls,

What's happened to everyone??? Just got back from Singapore and expected lots and lots of posts to catch up on ... but nothing??

Hope it's just that you're all too busy with your diet & exercise routines!! :D

Raff, glad you had a great time in Paris ... have you managed to get back on track since you've been back?

We enjoyed Singapore but must confess that it's nice to be back in Hong Kong ... never thought I'd say that but it's true :)

I've just hopped on the scales and I'm shocked to say that I haven't really gained any weight whilst away, still hovering around 179lbs, which is a miracle considering the amount of food I've eaten ... huge buffet breakfasts every day etc!!!! :o Perhaps it was the amount of walking we did whilst there ... my feet are killing me!!!

Well, it's definitely back to the drawing board for me. I'm feeling really uncomfortable. Must confess that being in Singapore and seeing all the skinny Asian beauties (pretty much the same as Hong Kong but there seemed to be more of them!!), I felt really old and frumpy. None of my clothes fitted me properly and I felt really self concious of the fact that I'm so overweight. If I was a "normal" size I would have had such a great time trying on all the wonderful clothes that I can't get in Hong Kong. As it was Sophie, my daughter, had a field day!! She's had so many new clothes and shoes. I know the only way I'm going to get any is to lose weight so that all my clothes are too big!!

I'm not wasting anymore time ... I start TODAY!!!! ... Who's joining me?

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-01-2005 11:25 AM

Hi girls!

Very quick one for me - I've been out of commission with back problems so that's why you've not heard from me. I didn't really "do" anything, I just woke up one day and couldn't move and it continued to get worse through out the day? Whow knows. I am too young for this - it was the trying to pass out, popping out in cold sweat, seeing stars variety of pain and it SUCKED. Really - I am just too young for this! I'm on the mend now but not 100% but I must say, nothing motivates like pain. From what I can read (in the five minutes at a time I can stand to sit here and reasearch) the two biggest contributing factors to "mystery" back pain are being overweight and inactive. Ding Ding Ding! I think we have a winner. Need I say my diet has been exemplary since reading that? And as soon as I can walk without wincing, I'm going to WATP my butt off. Seriously, if this is where my life is headed, I have a problem. So I'm very much turning things around here.

As for you guys, glad Paris and Singapore were fun - am very very pea green with envy here!

Take care and have a great weekend, everyone!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 04-01-2005 08:00 PM

Brandy, sorry to hear about your back problems, hope you recover quickly :grouphug: I know what you mean though ... I tend to have aches and pains quite often and I'm certain that they are caused by the fact that I'm putting unnecessary strain on my poor body due to being overweight. I often have back pain and some mornings it's a struggle to get out of bed. My knees too give me pain and this simply isn't good if I want to seriously get into walking. I know you're younger than I am, but at 42, I still shouldn't be feeling like an old woman. I look at some of my friends (all around the same age) and they all look years younger than I do ... all slim and active ... I don't want to be the old one anymore.

We had an email yesterday from our friends in the UK who were going to visit last year but couldn't make it ... they have said that they would like to visit this summer ... July or August ... OMG!!! My friend has got THE BODY to die for!!!!! It will be nearly 2 years since I last saw them and in that time guess what ... my body is even bigger!!!!! I really can't let them see me like this, I feel so ashamed that I've let myself go so much over the past few years. I feel so sad when I think back to how I used to look after myself ... diet, exercise, makeup, hair, clothes ... what the **** happened to me?!!!! Well for me, this is definitely the push that I need to get up off my big fat you know what and finally do something about it. I've got at least 4 months to get myself into shape. If I can average 1-2lbs (preferably 2!!) per week, I should be well on my way to my goal ... now that's not unrealistic is it? 8lbs each month would be great, but I'd still be happy with 5-6lbs a month.

You heard it here first ... Nichola is on a mission!! :)

NicoleNYC 04-03-2005 12:32 AM

I feel so sad when I think back to how I used to look after myself ... diet, exercise, makeup, hair, clothes ... what the **** happened to me?!!!!

:o

Yes! I know that thought! I HAVE HAD THAT THOUGHT!!!

Every now and then I realize that there are some things I just never let myself do in the past, things I didn't even THINK about - I just didn't do them. And now they are part of my day to day life! WHAT HAPPENED?!?! I think I've been working too hard on trying to answer that question and not working hard enough on just making changes. I got lazy. I got comfortabel. THAT'S what happened. It's not any deeper than that.

I guess I just need to muster up a little PRIDE and hold myself to a higher standard. And with this back problem to deal with (and having found out that i'm justthisside of having high blood pressure), I feel very very compelled to get my shi...I mean, self together.

We should start a whole new thread with our new name. We need a new and fresh start for spring. I need to spring clean my life as much as I need to spring clean my home.

Up for it? :flow1:

RaffaellaBella 04-03-2005 09:59 AM

Hello Ladies! Looks like we are all motivated now for different reasons. But we are all agreeing on one thing: we're tired and we need to take care of ourselves.

Since I came back from Paris I lost 7lbs because I've started eating the way the French do. I no longer have a taste for the highly processed American foods. I've added fruits, vegetables, and protein to my diet. I'm eating smaller portions as well. On the whole it's going well. I sometimes fall into habit and grab a bigger plate or portion but then I remember. It's hard work changing my eating style and habits but I'm going to continue because I have no other choice. I'm tired of being 2x my normal size.

My husband is leaving for Yemen today. I'm excited for him but sad for me because I will not see him for a month. He hasn't seen his family for 14 years. His brothers and sisters were little when he left. Now they are all grown. I'm taking him to Kennedy Airport later. His friend is coming as well so I can't get too emotional when I say goodbye. :(

I'll talk to you all soon. And once again, I am so happy that we are all starting fresh. Power to the chickies! :strong:

Love,
Raff

ecchs 04-04-2005 05:09 PM

How about "Friends First" like Jo? had suggested before. Change is as good as a rest as far as I'm concerned!

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 04-04-2005 10:39 PM

Brandy, I think you've hit the nail on the head! We got too comfortable! I know when I got married and then had kids, my life changed. "I" was no longer my priority. I was totally happy taking care of the house, hubby, kids when they came along. I gave up my job and threw myself into being a wife and mother ... I lost my own identity, I can see that now ... and now I want it back! I have a job which I enjoy and the kids are older and no longer need me so much, so now's the time to do something for "me"! Don't get me wrong, I don't regret the past few years of my life, I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I do regret losing pride in myself.

Yep, I'm up for spring cleaning my life! :)

Lorraine, I reckon we should go for the new name ... "Friends First" sounds right to me, what does everyone else think? Someone go ahead and start the new thread with a post telling people we were formerly "Desperately Need a Diet Buddy" just so everyone knows who we are, then we'd better PM all of our existing buddies so that they know where we are.

Raff, well done on losing 7lbs ... that's a great start!! :bravo: keep it up! Hope your hubby's departure wasn't too emotional? You've got a month alone now when you can throw yourself into your diet and not worry about doing stuff for someone else ... you can surprise him with your weight loss when he returns! Good luck! :)

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 04-05-2005 12:45 AM

Hi All! This one is a quickie because I'm still sick as a dog and need to get to bed. I think the new name Friends First is a great idea!

See ya,
Raff

NicoleNYC 04-05-2005 12:52 PM

Poor Raff - Feel better!!! Congrats on your weight loss and I'll be thinking of you while you're waiting for your husband to return. M only visits his family for a week at a time and I still feel all out of sorts while I'm here on my own.

Nichola, I am with you - a big Spring Clean is in order!

And Lorraine is right, Friends First is what we should be. I'll start the new thread. Sorry if it's not a very inspired first post - I'm in a med head fog (still with the weird back pain) but I'm still ready to go!!!

Someone get us started!!!

B

NicoleNYC 04-06-2005 08:49 AM

Ok, I was going to start our new thread yesterday but got distracted by a phone call. I'm on it now. I'll come back and post the link here.

Look for FRIENDS FIRST - Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #23 - 2005

NicoleNYC 04-06-2005 08:53 AM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...379#post814379

^^^ LINK TO NEW THREAD^^^