3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #22 - 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51062-desperately-need-diet-buddy-22-2005-a.html)

Fat in Hong Kong 01-15-2005 03:59 AM

Hi Brandy, I made it!! :D Phew! ... my legs feel like jelly! :lol: Actually, we did really well ... the guide books said 3 hours 50 mins at a normal walking pace ... we did it in 2.5 hours ... and we had a bit of a detour due to taking a wrong turning at one point :lol: There was a teacher at the front and one at the back, to make sure we didn't lose any kids ... I stayed at the back with the teacher, but we started to lag behind a bit when had to walk up around 200 steps! When we got to the top, we could still see the kids in front as they went around each bend, but suddenly we lost them :o We couldn't quite understand this as we were walking a quite a pace to catch up with them, but they disappeared completely out of sight! The problem was, we came to a sign post with two routes pointing in different directions to the same place ... but we took the wrong (longer!) one and ended up having to turn back :rolleyes: Anyway, we had a good day and Sophie has raised quite a lot of money for the Tsunami victims (about HK$2500 ... not sure what that is in US$, but it's a good amount). The whole school is aiming to raise at least half a million dollars through various sponsored events and this morning hundreds of relief packages, which the kids have been collecting, have been flown to the disaster areas. We hope it will help some of those in need.

Anyway, I'm now shivering and aching, so I'm going to run myself a nice hot bubble bath and have a well earned rest! :D

Have a good weekend!

Nichola

PS - What's happened to everyone else??

NicoleNYC 01-15-2005 02:23 PM

Oh wow! You guys did so well! Congratulations - you must be AWFULLY proud.

Now you can get on the business of recovering!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 01-19-2005 01:57 AM

Hi Brandy,

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days ... problems with the darn computer again!! But it's sorted out now thank goodness :)

Forgot to mention that I weighed-in on Friday and only lost 0.5lbs :( ... bit annoying really considering all the strenuous activity that I've subjected my body to lately :lol: Oh well, I'll keep at it and I'm sure the benefits will show sooner or later :crossed: Must confess though that I've been out of the habit of writing everything down that I eat ... perhaps this has something to do with it! :o (note to self: Must remember to write everything down :dizzy: )

How are you doing? Have you managed to get rid of all the choccies yet??

Well, nothing much to report I'm afraid. Hope everyone is having a good week so far ... BTW, where is everyone else????? Jo????? Raff????? Lorraine????? And anyone else who I haven't mentioned ... It's about time you came back ... Brandy & I are getting a little lonely :grouphug: Hope to see some of you back soon! :)

Nichola

britjo67 01-19-2005 09:20 AM

Hi all,

I don't really have time to stop. Had a hellish couple of weeks, an exam yesterday, Natty was confirmed last night, and I have an essay due in tomorrow. The word total is 3000....current total 200 :dizzy: Think I'll be burning the midnight oil to get it done. It's not as if it's on anything interesting, patents and copyright! :^:

Still eating like a pig, and not losing, but I need to get my butt in gear, I'm rejoining WW again next Tuesday (for the umpteenth time) and I have to get this weight moving.

Right must dash, probably be back at the end of the week once I've recovered from the lack of sleep tonight.

*note to self - make this the last time I say 'I mustn't leave the assignment until the last minute' :lol:

NicoleNYC 01-19-2005 12:52 PM

Hi all!

Very little to add, sick (sneezy allergies - yuck) and just this side of saying 'screw it' and doing Slim Fast just so I don't have to THINK about anything!

B

NicoleNYC 01-20-2005 08:28 PM

I have quite stupidly managed to crack my temp dental work (thank goodness it's in the back where no one can see - my appointment isn't till a week from Monday) so I'll be on the Slimfast, soup, and smushy foods diet. If this doesn't result in some weight loss, I am a lost cause ;)

Fat in Hong Kong 01-22-2005 12:43 AM

Jo, hope you managed to get the essay finished on time!

Brandy, hope you're feeling better now! Sorry to hear about the dental problems ... which reminds me, I'm long overdue for a routine check-up but I keep putting it off ... I HATE going to the dentist!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :)

Nichola

ecchs 01-25-2005 02:36 AM

Hi everyone!

I just need to say how proud I am of all you gals! NICHOLA! Look at that ticker! Keep going Baby!

Jo...Let us know how WW is going for you. I know deep down in my heart that WW is the way for me to go, but I have about 1000 excuses not to go, with $ being at the top of that list. So you guys will have to be my support and I'll so my best on my own.

Hey Brandy...hope you're feeling better. Never had to deal with allergies, but sounds like they wipe you out pretty good. Hope you're feeling better.

That's about all I have to share right now. Still fat and sassy, but I'm working on the sassy part. LMAO Ok, I'll work on the fat too!

Lorraine

NicoleNYC 01-25-2005 02:52 PM

Hi Guys!

First, I'm going out of town for a bit and I'll be out of touch. Second, I think I just need to take a break from thinking/talking about my weight so much. It seems like the more I talk about it the less I actually DO about it. So I'll be taking a little time off from obsessing about it and TALKING about it obsessivly. Expect to see me back in a week or two!

Take care and good luck!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 01-26-2005 01:37 AM

Hi Lorraine, good to see you back ... You know we'll always be here to support you so keep posting!! :D

Brandy, have a good trip ... maybe a little break from obsessing about it is just what you need right now. I know just how you feel ... I've been pretty good up until this week, both in the 'diet' department and in being more active ... I did another 14k hike on Sunday with Nick and my legs are only just getting back to normal today :o However, I seem to be dragging my feet this week as far as eating the right things are concerned ... been pigging out a bit :mad:

Lorraine, I think it will be a while before my ticker moves in the right direction again! :(

A few of my colleagues are starting diets and I feel that unless I pull myself together I'm going to get left behind ... so I've just been and stocked up on healthy foods again!

Nichola

ecchs 01-26-2005 01:44 AM

Every step in the right direction is another step away from the wrong one. Healthy food is a great thing to have in the house, because I know that a house full junk leads to it all going into my body. Good for you on the exercise front there Nichola! Nothing like energy and a revved up metabolism. I'm heading to Curves again tomorrow. Yay!

Lorraine

ecchs 01-26-2005 11:09 PM

Ugh. Wicked headache. Wondering if it is Caffeine withdrawal.

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 01-27-2005 01:14 AM

Lorraine, hope the headache has improved!

Unfortunately, although I have plenty of healthy stuff in the kitchen right now, I can't stop picking at the things that aren't so good :mad: I seem to have a sugar craving at the moment and I'm having difficulty controling it ... I'm not even eating stuff that I like!! ... As long as it's sweet it will do ... I guess TOM is around the corner!! I haven't even got much 'bad' stuff in the house at the moment, but I've managed to find whatever there is!! The sad thing is that I feel really sick and annoyed with myself after I've done it ... so why do I do it??

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 01-28-2005 12:50 AM

Hi Guys! :wave: I'm back. I stopped getting notifications so I thought the thread was dead, but then WHOA! I came to check in and I see you all are doing great. I'm so happy for everyone.

I lost 5lbs but then gained 7lb back. AARGH! Time to try again. I haven't decided if I want to stick with the South Beach or try the new WW. Which ever isn't going to cost me money is best. I'm sick and tired of paying money to lose weight.

How has the new year been treating you all so far?

Fat in Hong Kong 01-28-2005 03:19 AM

Hi Raff, welcome back! I need to get back on track too ... had a terrible week this week ... just don't know what's been the matter with me!! I'm sure I've regained everything that I've lost so far!! But I intend to get back to counting cals AND writing EVERYTHING down!!

Nichola