Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 05:23 PM   #31  

Aarrgghhh. Another killer day at work. I feel like things will let up soon, and then I end up with two more urgent projects. Some day I will get out from under the accumulated papers on my desk, but I am not thinking that it will be someday soon.

I think I am hitting a plateau of sorts. I am firmly back OP, so hopefully it will only be a matter of time before I start to see some scale movement.

frogger: 3 months is such a great age. My brother has a three month old adn she is starting to get so expressive.

At any rate, I must get back to the truely irritating work of work. Just got interrupted my a phone call from a crazy person. I just love that stuff.

molly
Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #32  
deleted2

So happy to see Frogger again! Sounds like things are going so well for you!

Anagram, are you and DH still down with the crud? I've been so lucky so far. [knock wood] Garry's in the throes of fighting something off, I think.

Kaylets, have you been journaling. I've missed a few days. I'll get back to it if you will!

SeeCat, forgive me if you've already told us--what program are you on?

I'm off to the food journal thread!!!

Old 01-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #33  

Hello all!

Been a productive morning so far... Here we go Saturday, here we go!!

Been an interesting morning too... I was thinking how much we act/react thinking someone else is there w/me... this morning, I thought DH stayed up when we both got up to use the bathroom so I made myself stay downstairs and put coffee on.... I then got interested in a PBS show about Volunteer Firemen history...
and then realized when I brought coffee upstairs that DH had gone back to bed and was sound asleep....And that's what I had wanted to do originally but forced myself to stay awake because I 'thought' he was expecting coffee....

And so, just like journaling/not journaling...when I don't know exactly how many points I've eaten, its really easy for me 'think' I have points for the day/week left....
Last night, I knew I had just enough points left to have my favorite SF FF pudding.... but I was sooooooo hungry.... We still had a vegatarian tomato sauce left in the fridge--( a zero point soup only lots thicker...)there was about 2-3 cups left and that really saved the day for me... the flavor, volume and even the warmth made me feel full and satisfied my taste buds too....

This morning's weighin isnt official either but its still lower than a week ago.
I do know for sure that my brain is being hammered w/ messages that I am hungry when logically I'm not.The PBS Volunteer Firemen special showed how the horses used to pull the fire wagonsbecame as much a part of the community as the firemen themselves. These horses were so well trained that even if they were pulling a regular type of wagon on the street when the fire alarm sounded, (sometimes even the horses had day jobs!)
no matter what they would gallop back to their firehouse, even if it meant dragging beer, ice, etc w/ them. Once the horses were replaced, by modern engies one fire house sold a team of horses to the power company to haul telephone poles. It made money for the firehouse and kept the horses busy and working. Except no one told the team of horses that they had changed jobs. One day as they were pulling telephone poles, the fire alarm sounded. The horses took off at gallop, the wagon of poles twisting and turning behind them. Poles began to spill out everywhere. By time the horses got back to "their" firehouse, only one pole was left in the wagon.
Everyone realized the only solution was that horses had to be somewhere they wouldn't hear the firealarm... so a farm far away from the fire bell was where Pat and Mike "retired".

As I watched that story this morning I realized that I am just like those horses. I know how I want to spend my points but "hear" the "EAT" alarm and off I gallop;sometimes leaving a mess behind me.
I too, need to figure out how "not" to hear the "EAT" alarm;a nice farm in the country sounds lovely but I certainly can
replace, refocus, relax my way to better choices. The horses couldnt understand that they were done chasing fires... all they knew was they had been rewarded when they responded to the bell and how much fun it was to run like crazy to get there.

I can find other rewards and still have fun.
hmmmmmmmm...........

Molly -- sounds like you are buried-- even though logically my brain tells me not to, if I don't take a break, take my lunches, etc, I wind up not doing as well .... I always think I don't have time to take a break-- when instead I should be thinking " got lots to do, need to pace myself and stay 'even' so I can get it all done"....

Frogger-- the Newest Princess sounds like she is going to be be as animated and charismatic as her Queen Mother!! I remember when Care Bears were so popular the first time! Now a fresh group gets to enjoy them again!

Ok...

Time to get a few more things done...

I am getting very close to opening DS's EX bedroom door and spending 15 minutes filling a bag or two... It might only be 5 minutes depending on what I find....

Old 01-09-2005, 11:12 AM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Starting my 6-week St. Val's Challenge ... just on my journal in the land far far away ... huzzah! The first holiday opp for a diet challenge ... sis boom 'n bah!! Hoorah! I'm excited about this year ... going to sprint right through to my goal!

Yep, today's the day.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:33 PM   #35  

Hello all!

Hmmmmm--- Feb 14---- hmmmmm--- I sure would like to be at goal weight a
few weeks by then.....hmmmm--
I really can't believe this just came to my mind....I guess I am getting corny in my old age....."If its to be, its up to me!"

Hmmmmmm

Ran a few errands this am... Did I mention I filled 2 bags from DS's room-- and yet only spent 15 minutes in there-- yup, its that awful....

Am going to go lay down for a little while and might go back in there to fill another bag....
or might not...

Its kind of overcast and chilly feeling although we are supposed to get very warm weather... just makes me want to take a nap....

yawn
Old 01-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #36  
deleted2

Kaylets, I loved hearing about the horses. You always have such interesting things to say!

Just counted and I'm on my 113th day of my no refined sugars regime. Almost 4 months---I never would've thought it! Today we made some rice crispy treat-y things with almond butter, rice syrup and crisp brown rice. EXACTLY like the traditional sugary ones.

I'm going on an adventure. I'm going to see if I can scout out our Amarantha in the land far away. Hope I'm not attacked by vicious Cupids, or sinister heart-shaped thingies. If I'm not back by tomorrow, avenge my death!

Old 01-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, E, I found thee and welcome thy stalwartness on the quest ... I've added a "workout-a-day" component to my own challenge as well in thy honor ... thanks for the idea ... my mojo's kind of lacking in that area as well ... the fire needs to be rekindled in the belly! And in case I forgot to say it, CONGRATULATIONS on no refined sugar for 113 days!!!! I'm gonna be there by summer, I swear!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #38  

Congrats, Eydie, on 113 days. And, Kaylets, are you planning a "sewing room" or and "office" once you get that room suitable for redecorating? Seems best to change it from a spare bedroom immediately just in case.

I'm looking for inspiration. Can't seem to get it together although most of today I've been feeling better and dh finally seems to be as well. Got a pic tonight of sister who started ww in the fall. Seems like she's really losing. Now that might get me moving - when I lost last time it was because another sister was. I'll take anything that works.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:38 AM   #39  

Hello all!

Here we go Monday, Here we go!

Sure thought about just staying in bed this morning but there are a couple things on my desk that really should not wait...

Anagram- Yes, I am a big believer that motivation always needs to be refreshed... I'm always trying to "fill up" on motivation... Perhaps your sister
would be interested in some of your tips? Things that worked or didnt work for you?? recipes? Glad to hear your dh is feeling more like himself!

Scale bounced back up 3 lbs which makes sense since yesterday it had dropped 5--- just hoping for some kind of a loss at tonight's official weighin... maybe if I'm really lucky, the weight listed in my stats will be the actual weight and I'll be an honest woman again!

Must be off...

Thought of the day :

"Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back."
----Babe Ruth

Question of the day :

" Do you eat peanut butter and jelly? "

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:36 AM   #40  

Good snuffy Monday! I'm glad it's Monday because I need another fresh start. This cold thing has thrown me way off the path. Probably won't hit pool again today as I feel that might aggravate it. Did many things yesterday during a quiet, stay-at-home day. Enjoyed it.

I don't have any good tips for Sis, Kaylets. I had tried many times to encourage her because of her health so I'm glad she's working on it. She actually knows pretty well what works for her because she's done this before. I guess it IS all in the motivation (she wants to fit in airplane seat). But I'm sure she's feeling better than she had been.

As to myself, I just must remember my best motivation - to be in better health. I even broke my new no-solitaire rule and went right back to addiction. It didn't hurt any thing - just my pride that I was so weak. I had many more interesting things to do during that time.

So - BIG SMILE ON FACE - forward I go and hope to report better things!

Avanti!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #41  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Mornin' all s!

Just a quickie...have been lurking. Anagram..Zuma is my current addiction....I'm up to level four now..just broke through last night...It is mindless escape.

Made a purchase on Friday that is really making it hard to get outta bed in the mornings...I bought a feather mattress with a down top. Now we've been sleeping under eiderdown for our whole married life, but the mattress I got a few years ago is proving too hard...my back has been killing me. So I'm trying this....my back feels better...way better and it is hard to budge in the morning. I never knew these things existed until I saw one at a friend's house.....you just put this on top of the existing mattress, make the bed....and.......a...h...h...

Tough week last week...we have a strike mandate now......negotiations were non-existant after 1 meeting. Am working on getting my head around a few things....food was good up until the week between Christmas and New Year and then all H*** broke loose...so am crawling back up onto the wagon...see you'all there!

Hi Frogger! Glad you're back! Arabella, are you guys dug out yet? Wsw! Hi!
Good luck tonight on the weighin Kaylets....How much snow in TO Wildfire? Punkin....4 more days!

to all!

Ceara
Old 01-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #42  
Empress/Queen

Yikes, wanted to come in from the cold and say hi to Anagram and Ceara, as well as K, E, Arabella, Wsw, Frogger, Seecat, Cerise, Punkin and all s present and past. But I have problems with the site, so won't be back for awhile ... may lurk in to change my weight tracker thingie as my St. Val's quest progresses ... everyone knows the land wherein I dwell at present ... miss everyone. Huzzah!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #43  

That's it, Ceara! It is mindless escape and sometimes I really do need that. Congrats on your breakthrough!

Miss you Empress and always glad when you check in. Love your ticker as it's a good reminder of how far you've come and a big inspiration to me.

Eat both pb and jelly but seldom together. And mostly these days I save my "jelly" for special treats and eat only more unusual kinds. Key lime I brought home last year (no, it's not been opened THAT long), some topping style that are gifts from a friend in flavors like Cherries Jubilee and some blueberry that DIL gave me at Christmas. My PB is Jif - hopefully in the reduced everything style but not always. I really limit the quantity but don't plan to give it up.

Have moved a good bit this morning so far and now l.r. is back to its pre-holiday shape. Off to shower now - will skip pool but will go to salad bar for lunch w/pool friends (a more or less monthly thing). Pack up my angels, give dh his shot, and do laundry after lunch. Well, it's a plan anyway so I'm ahead of a bit ago.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #44  

Happy Monday. Actually I am really resenting being back at work today. The weekend was spent in the car for the most part becuase I had a family reunion about 4 hours away, so not really all that restful and many food traps along the way. I got through it unscathed.

Eydie: My plan is a modified version of weight watchers flex points. Modified means that I am too cheap (or too broke) to pay to go to meetings and stuff. It has worked out pretty well so far becuase it is rather idiot proof. 113 days of no refined sugar? wow. I try to cut that stuff out, but thus far...well, no dice. Heck, it is the journey that counts, right?

Amarantha: a v-day challenge sounds marvelous. I am sorry to hear that you are having technical difficulties and hope it does not prevent you from stopping by for too long.

I must say that after being with all of the cousins and such this weekend, i can really put a face to the childhood obesity problem. I have one cousin who is only 4 and is very obese. I know this is not about her own choises becuase at that age her choises are made for he, or should be. It is because her mother is very young (she became a mom at 17) and sees food as a way to show love. She is a fairly active child, but her mother (who is tall and thin) feeds her candy and soda all the time.

At any rate, back to working.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #45  
Spreadin' the luv.

Hello, darlings. Sorry for lurking and not writing.

The Ramon and I have been having a tough time this week - I've been crying quite a lot, relatively speaking. I finally put the kibosh on "relationship talk" for a while because Ramon's denying responsibility and my temper can't be trusted. I'm so tired of all our problems being my fault, and I don't have the clarity to see if my mate's to blame at all. But then, who's to blame isn't the question, is it, except that to solve our problems we have to figure out who's causing the problems....and it's probably me, since I'm the more emotional, mercurial and more forceful of the two of us. **sigh**

Anyway, I haven't really felt much like writing, and I'm sullenly waiting for my next therapist visit, though I'm starting to feel like she's not an ally - it's like she and I are fighting ME every inch of the way, and I am tired of her, myself and Ramon ganging up on me. Even if I deserve it.

Anyway, you guys love me and don't know how ugly/crazy I can get, so I apologize for the long absence and promise to come in regularly and whine. Just kidding.
Closed Thread