3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#20) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/50785-home-loozing-floozies-20-a.html)

siamese 01-02-2005 11:14 AM

hello girlfriends!

welcome home dee!

ramona,sounds like fun indeed!
i wished i could afford to get my teeth whiten,one of these days when i realy quit i will!

everyone's goals sounds terrific!

i was up 2 pouns at weigh in but its ok with the holidays and my tom.
im 243 and my goal is to try to lose 50 pounds this year.i know it sounds like alot but thats my shot,it will make me 193 below 200 i would be so delighted,dr.says 50 would mean a world of diference to my feet,i have 3
new nodules the ra gave me for christmas!
and fri. had to go on a pred burst.lots o water and reduce the salt or ill swell up like a tick!
have a great sunday
i love you all!
doni

ShelleyM 01-02-2005 12:59 PM

Doni-Please know that any weight gain right now will be because of the Pred. I hate that stuff!! Like you said, drink lots of water, and if it makes you eat more, stay with fresh fruits and veggies ala Core!

4myloves 01-02-2005 01:08 PM

Ramona--I'm so glad that Ben is getting to come home! I also have had my teeth cosmetically whitened. It's great! I only did my top teeth--it didn't require nearly all of the gel that I got from the dentist. I have since had a tray made for my bottom teeth, but I lost it, oops. Some day I'll find it and get my bottom teeth done, too!

Hope all of you have a great week!

Cheryl

gdeann 01-03-2005 10:27 AM

We had an ice shower here last night. Everything is covered with a clear thick coat of the stuff. Our poor little puppy had a heck of a time this morning, ice skating off the deck to make it to the yard. LOL!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Shelley, when is your next race?

coles 01-03-2005 10:45 AM

I am glad I found you guys. I am hoping for support in my weight loss goals. I have joined WW on and off over the years. I did reach my goal once, then regained the weight. I joined again and lost 13 pounds before Christmas. They cancelled the meeting in my town and needless to say I gained back all I lost. I turn 50 in August and my goal is to lose the weight by then.
Janice

gdeann 01-03-2005 11:26 AM

WELCOME JANICE! Please continue to post here! It can get kinda slow here at times, but if ever the need, just shout and someone is always lurking to offer support. A few of the girls here are doing WW with great success. How much weight would you like to lose to reach goal?

Gayle

ShelleyM 01-03-2005 05:58 PM

Welcome, Janice! I echo what Gayle says. It has been a bit slow here, but when we get going, it really gets going! I am an online WW. I have been doing Flex, but today I am trying Core for the first time. I'm not sure if I will be able to hack it, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Gayle-I am so disappointed in my race yesterday, that I'm not sure when I'll be racing again. I have decided for sure that I won't ever run a trail race again! I fell twice, and got sick (diarrea)before I finally finished. There was a lady there that put it in perspective for me though. She said how many 50 year olds are actually running any miles, let alone 13 today. I guess I just have to keep thinking of that. I am still sore today. No running this afternoon for me!

Carol101 01-03-2005 07:08 PM

Shelley: You deserve a break. I am proud of you and think you are doing a great job in those races. You keep it up!!!

Janice: Welcome. The girls here are all friendly and supportative. Just jump right in and you will feel at home in no time.

Gayle: ICE!! Oh my. The poor puppy, did you put his ice skates on him. :lol:

Doni: You keep up the good work. We all have slumps, but I think yours is more medicine & RA than anything else. You just keep on doing what you have been doing and you'll do just fine!!

Cheryl: I never had my teeth whitened. Maybe it is something I should try.

Ramona: What a wonderful present.. a shopping spree... I am jealous!! You have had several good things happening around you lately, so lets keep it up. Don't get down on the past, just live each day to the fullest. One day at a time!!

Dee: How are you doing sweetie?

Sherry, Debbie, Tina, Vicki: Come out and play... :lol:

Sherry 01-03-2005 08:43 PM

Hello All :wave:

I feel like I've been a terrible moderator lately. Sorry for not posting much but I've been so busy.We were out of school for 2 weeks and I haven't had one free day! With last minute Christmas shopping,wrapping,cooking, running here & there, taking it all down and cleaning house I'm about dead. PLUS, we worked a game on Christmas night, worked Music City bowl Friday and had a game yesterday!

Today I ran around all day picking up things for Mom & Dad's 50th party. Their Anniversary was Christmas Eve but I'm having the party on the 15th. The invitations was put in the mail today.All 95 of them!

Good news: Today is my 4th day OP!!! :cp: I'm doing the WW points. So far so good.

I'm really,really tired and need to wash dishes. I promise to post to each of you tomorrow.

Welcome Janice!!! So nice to have you!!! You'll get to know some very wonderful ladies here. Again. glad to have you.

Talk tomorrow...GN...Hugs

bootwoman 01-03-2005 09:25 PM

Welcome Janice! I know you will love it here. This is a great group of ladies. Let us know a little something about you when you have time.

Shelley, you are so amazing! I can't even imagine running at all, let alone 13 miles a day. And, I hope you won't give up on the races. You don't give yourself enough credit for how well you do!

Gayle, keep that ice in Kansas, PLEASE!!!! We had it right before Christmas, but now it is in the 60's again.

Well, Ben is here, so I'm going to get back to him. I just wanted to keep my word and try to post every day.

ShelleyM 01-04-2005 05:46 AM

Ladies on WW-Core is very hard for me. I don't know if I can do it or not. I am going to try again today. I did excellent yesterday, but I did not any grains at all, and I know that is a big part of Core. I usually just get my grains from bread though, and you can't eat bread on Core unless you count the points.

Ramona-I'm so happy for you that your baby is closer now. Keep on posting everyday!

Sherry-We went back yesterday. I can tell this is going to be a very long week! The principal is already talking about 5 weeks until testing begins. Time sure does fly--it seems like yesterday you were asking ideas about the anniversary party!!

Gayle-Better get your puppy some ice skates!! :lol: We are in the 80's again here!

No time to post to everyone, but love to all!

coles 01-04-2005 08:50 AM

Good Morning Everyone,
I have already gotten a lot of positive feelings from your posts. I am thinking of joining WW on-line just for the extra support I need. I live in Canada in a small town in Ontario. I am a Nutrition Manager for the elderly. I always feel that I should be able to control my own weight when I am looked up to for help from the people I work with each day. It makes me feel so good when I'm on track and so terrible when I'm not. I can be very good for about a month and then I seem to give in to sweets. When I do I can't stop. Christmas was just an excuse to eat everything in sight. I have a 24 year old daughter who lives in the house next door. My husband is Doug, he had a heart-attack on July 1st this past year.
I weight 175 now I am 5'6" and my goal weight is 135. I got there once a couple of years ago but didn't do the maintenance part of WW and gained it back within the year. I really feel your group is going to be a great help for me because I need support of folks that understand.
Janice

DebbieA 01-04-2005 09:47 AM

Morning Girls :wave:

Welcome Janice
....I was amazed after reading your post this morning to see how much me and you have in common. I have been a Food Service Manger in the public schools for 16 years. Sweets is also my greatest weakness, which has made me regain several times in my life. And my husband also had a heart attack this past year, in October. Weird huh?? I feel we will be a great help to each other.

Ramona....I also happy for you having Ben home. WTG on your shopping spree.

Sherry...WTG on your 4 days being OP. Today is day 2 for me. Your Mom and Dad's party sounds like it will be wonderful. They are so lucky to have a daughter like you.

Gayle....You can just keep that cold weather there. We had a little of it the week before Christmas but now it is in the mid 60's. Tennessee weather!!

Shelley... I am always amazed by your running. Keep up the good work. BTW...I am planning on going back to the YMCA tomorrow. Don't be shocked when you see me over on the excerise thread.

Carol.....How are you doing with your plan? I am sure by getting the weight off our feet and legs will be so much better. Small feet were not had made to carry so much wieght.

Doni...How are you doing?

Tina and Vicki...Please check in and let us know how you are doing!!

I need to get busy. I go back to school tomorrow :( and still have a few things to finish before then.

Hugs...deb

Sherry 01-04-2005 12:25 PM

STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #21.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!! :D