Default Battle of the Bulge #4

Here you go everyone!
Have a great day-
will be on later I hope.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #2  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool okay, let's get this new week on the road!

Good morning people. Hope you found us over here on our new thread. Thanks Crime girl, what a rotten time to get sick. Sure hope you feel better soon. Everyone around me is sniffling and coughing. The Japanese have a saying that "idiots don't catch colds" and I don't have a cold and rarely get one so. . .

little grasshopper -- I remembered I wanted to look up Australian shepherd on the Net. Just did. They look like border collies, don't they. Pretty. I love dogs too. Any animal really. Oh, that breakfast of mine is the usual. I always have the same thing. It just stays with me so long and is a real comfort food. Hard to find the ingredients here and I pay for them but it's worth it I think. I've tried the raw cashews too. Can't find them easily either and since I don't really like them I don't seek them out. Organic food stores. That is one thing I absolutely love about the States, at least in New York and California I was in heaven when I found these stores. Here, again, you have to find things separately, the "nutrition stores" are like they were 30 years ago in the States. Then again, the regular stores don't have the junk you find in the U.S. to quite the extent. But, really, seasoning of processed foods is bad. Speaking of seasoning, I made my vegetable curry last night and even added another spice to the about 10 I use already. Tried it this morning. It actually tastes good. I have it over brown rice with some plain yogurt and mozzarella cheese melted on topped. Yum. People at work all want some. Of course, I cook with no salt, so oil or butter so it's not what they're used to. I put salt on top but most people are used to fatty curries that use a lot of ghee or whatever. Mine is ultra-healthy!

Hmm. Grasshopper, you sound like a classic apple. The opposite of me. You should stay away from sugar and processed foods as that puts the weight on up top even for a person not predisposed to putting it on there. Yes, I can see how you would need the scale to assess your progress. It's hard to find tight-fitting clothes on top that you could use as a measure. That would be tough to drop 20 pounds and not have anyone notice. But you notice, right? Most of the people around me are guys and they would never say anything anyhow. Although I'm always commenting on their looks (usually only positively) and they seem to like it. My face is thin and stays thin even though my hips may be expanding considerably so it's hard to tell with me what I'm doing weightwise, especially since I always wear baggy clothes. Oh, and yes, I hear you on the "one of those people that don't look like they need a compliment." That's a shame but it's true. People soon stop complimenting someone who always looks good. I try to remember that and say something nonetheless. I guess the trick is to look like a slob for a while and then do a switch to "nice" and get them noticing again.

Oh, yes, the living simply magazines. Unless it's Mother Nature, isn't that the magazine about self-support, most of them are hogwash. Simple shouldn't mean expensive. I think they're confusing simple with austere.

What's wrong with putting hot peppers in your food? Or are you worried about allergies or sensitivies? And a big to your doing great at your party. Racing sounds great too and would be a super goal to work toward. Good luck!!

stormy -- Hello. Thanks for the encouragement to stay off caffeine. I didn't give in even to decaf yesterday. Now had my morning shot but am going to get some decaf (very hard to come by over here) and start mixing it with the regular for the morning pot. I didn't even have a headache yesterday and I did feel much more awake, not draggin' like the other day.

Oh, yes, shorts. I would love to be able to wear them. My legs are thick, muscular, great strong legs but certainly nothing to show off. Oh well, then again, why not. They are whiter than white, haven't seen the sun in decades. That would be a goal to work toward. Good for you for being good at your party too. All these parties. I'm jealous and then not. They'd be ****. Actually, I do have one next Monday but it'll be mostly beer. The Japanese aren't big into sweets at parties. It's mostly raw fish and stuff and there's nothing for me to eat as a vegetarian so I usually wind up just knocking back the beer and entertaining all the old men! (These are work-related parties.)

I heard about that movie Supersize Me. Apparently the guy got really sick, wanted to stop I think but they made him continue. It's horrible. I don't think they could pay me enough to do that. I haven't eaten Mac's in years. Don't consider it food. You know, thanks for reminding me. I think I'll try to get that movie just for inspiration. It helps me to reconfirm my goals. But it's probably not out on video or DVD yet, right?

OK, gotta run. Hope someone comes in to chat. Ciao!
Old 12-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!! It's been a good day here. I had a massage, did some small shopping, got sticks from a good friend for chirstmas. I guess we were really bad because BF and I have to share them - there was only one stack Actually they were bay leaves for cooking. Theyr'e in this nice hanging display and you just pull a leaf off and cook away with it. I like it - BF thinks he did something wrong and got a pile of sticks

Crime girl - I lost 5 this week After the scales not budging at all last week I was very excited I hope you're doing better soon - you can smile knowing you're no idiot. Redballoon - I haven't gotten sick this year either...no boading well for us, is it?

Stormy - Congratulations on your party success and the scales too!!! I bet your body is really changing with all the weight training you're doing! I picked up some old firm videos from my old roomate. I'm going to see if they're any fun. Exercise needs to be fun for me. I can get through it either way but it's much easier to look forward to it if I enjoy it. Oh, and outside as much as possible. I get cabin fever if I have to stay inside too much. Sounds like you did great at the party - even line dancing did you learn the boot scootin boogie? I don't know it, just remember when everyone was doing it Hope today's party goes as well!!! Only a few bites huh, you people should be nominated for sainthood!

Redballoon - the idea behind my diet is that when we eat things our body is sensitive to our nervous system gets all out of wack and our digestive system does too. Bad bacteria can grow, the PH level gets out of wack. Vets seem to understand this with animals...when a dog gets sick they put them on a bland diet so things can calm down and their bodies can heal themselves...well that's what I'm on for about 3 months. I don't eat any food that would upset the digestive system at all...and I don't eat any food that my nervous system can't handle. When you keep eating foods your sensitive to, the nervous system stays under attack and will eventually start popping sensitive to things you wouldn't normally have a problem with. Once you start eating well, the NS calms down and allows you to have these foods without going into a mini shock. Some foods you'll always be allergic to, but others you'll be able to eat with no trouble. Does that better explain it? It's hard because it's very involved. Every food I eat is tested on me to make sure it's okay for my body, right now.

Well guys - I miss everyone that's been MIA this week! - I hope you're doing okay. Drop in when you can. We're here for you!!
Old 12-19-2004, 05:51 PM   #4  
Never give up

Talking

grasshopper -- Ok, fellow flame we're hot! We don't get colds. . and it ain't cuz we's dum!! We's goin' to learn ya all, youze gonna see!!

And thanks for that explanation on your complicated and seemingly very scientific eating regime! And a big congrats on your 5 lb-loss.

I tried on a jacket I bought that's too small for me. I don't know if I'll ever fit into it but I'm going to try. That'll be a far goal, to fit into my short brown jacket. It's corduroy so maybe next fall, or. . with a bit of hard work. . . this coming spring!!

By the way, did you see that you can make your own weight tracker here on the forum. In fact, you have to use this one, not the tickerfactory one, but these are much better anyhow and easier to use because they're right here. I made a new one. Not using it until I weigh myself though. Still not ready for that!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-19-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:19 PM   #5  
stormy1

Hi!

Crimegirl, get better soon. I am down two pounds for your records.

Little grasshopper, 5 pounds I am so happy for you!!! I love it!

Red balloon, another day without the C word. Congrats! Your party sounds like fun. I am the type of person that can have fun in almost any situation but these parties around the holidays get old fast. It is cool though b/c my husband works with people from all around the world so I get to learn a lot of new things. I love learning about other cultures

The party today had lots of bad stuff I was good though and only had one glass of wine and a little turkey and pork. I did not eat any dessert That part was not hard b/c there was no chocolate Just apple cake, cheesecake,etc. I can pass that up without any problem.

I have now officially made it through all of the parties until Christmas Eve I have not exercised yet but I plan on it a little later on.

I'll check back in a little later
Old 12-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #6  
Never give up

Thumbs up moving right along!

Thanks stormy, yes caffeine is being kissed sayonara!! Get your claws offa me, you hear! Well, that party always has bingo and I never win, though sometimes people give me their presents! It is fun though. Maybe this year I'll get lucky! What kind of your work does your husband do that he's meeting people from around the world, if you don't mind saying? Do you meet any Japanese?

Wow. You did fantastic!! at your party. How do you do that!?! You're superwoman! Good luck on getting in some exercise too. I was going to get to the gym Tuesday but may not have time unless I really hustle. Going up to the racehorse training center to catch the fast work for the big race here Sunday but really just to say hi to everyone I haven't seen in a long time and hang out at the reporters' dorm where a lot of people drink till very late in the dining hall. And we have to be up before 5 to catch the early work. I hear photographers going, "I can't focus!!"

I'm working on my translation work here, got another hour and half, then to the office. Got to finish this work up tonight. Wish me luck!

Good luck all there!
Crime girl, get well soon!!

Oh, and yes, my weight report is that my belly is definitely smaller and I've been feeling hunger pangs and loving it!!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:42 PM   #7  

Stormy - YEAH!!!!! congratulations - those parties couldn't stop you!!!!! You did a great job - I'd have been knee deep in wonderful cheese cakes!!!! Great job!! And congratulations again on your loss

Redballoon - I have a coat I'm hoping I will fit into. It was out of style for a while, not that that's a big deal, but suddenly it's the "new style" We'll see. Right now it's too small across the chest. I'm a 32 DDD....that didn't seem possible but I've been measured by two people. YIKES! I hope they go down some soon!!! It's like having two extra people just sitting there in my ribs.

okay, have to work on my boyfriend - he had a nasty wreck on his bike and is almost through the muscle parts of the injury. don't want him backsliding!! Talk to everyone soon!

Oh yeah - I'm computer dumb it seems. I can't seem to get my ticker to post again. I'll have to redo it. I tried from this website this morning. I'm just being careless about something. Have to pay more attention!
Old 12-19-2004, 07:45 PM   #8  

Oh redballoon - you're right, aussies look like more sturdy, border collies. Mine is all black with a white streak down his face and chest, so people are constantly telling me my border collie is too fat. He's not at all, he's very lean but aussies are built to be very strong and solid. He is 65 pounds of solid muscle! And soft as a pillow Oh, they have tons more hair too! Luckily they shed in clumps. My lab is much worse wit the shedding. She drives us crazy! There's hair in places she's never even been!!

okay, going to look for a semi healthy bannana nut bread recipe for christmas. I need a dessert
Old 12-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #9  
Never give up

I think I want an Australian shepherd now!

Look grasshopper, Aussie sheps galore!

http://aussierescue.leepfrog.com/aus...y/gallery.html

Last edited by redballoon; 12-19-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:50 PM   #10  
stormy1

Little grasshopper, does your sheppard bark a lot? Our neighbor has a great pyranise and she barks all of the time. She said that those types of dogs are made to farm, but they are so cute. Does your bf have a motorcycle? Did you get to find a new gym yet?

Red balloon, my hubby does brain research. Yes, I did meet a Japanese guy. His name is Hidiki (sp?) He also works with several Italians, Germans, British, Chinese, Indians, Iranians, etc. I like your ticker!
Old 12-19-2004, 09:55 PM   #11  

Hi guys!

Stormy - Mac doens't bark much at all. You're right though, they were built to work all day, full speed. I live on a pretty big piece of land so he has plently of space to run. Greg doesn't have a motorcycle - he ride bicycles - road and mountain bikes. His wreck was on a mountain bike. He's had two this year that were big. Anyway, he takes Mac mountain biking with him and Mac runs the entire way!! They are wonderful dogs - the most personality of any dog I've ever seen - the breed as a whole. But you have to be able to spend time raising them. They can be timid and it comes out with fear barking and nipping soemtimes. Mac never nipped - but he would run at you and sweep your legs out from under you. After that you went where he wanted you to go. Very effective herding method and hard to break him of! I did break him and he's great now. He is the top dog but so laid back he lets all the other puppies and younger dogs wrestle him all day long. Every now and then he'll calm them down but for the most part, he doesn't care who the boss is as long as he gets to play. I swear he's part human. He will sneeze on command. He'll go find anyone you ask him to, once he hears their name. He sniffs EVERY piece of makeup, hairspray or what ever I use to get ready...I have no doubt this dog could find me, if I ever turned up missing - he follows me around all day sniffing whatever I'm doing. I guess that's how he's learning. He's WAY to smart for his own good!

okay, enough about my dog. I'll have you thinking I don't love the puppy. Maggie - yellow lab and scared of her own shadow. SWEET as can be but still adjusting to her happy home. I think a lot happened to her in her old home. Mac kisses her every chance he gets. Especially when she gets scared. It's so sweet it makes me want to cry!

Redballoon - I would love to have a whole herd of aussies. But only if I had the room for them. Mac was so depressed before I moved here. I didn't see it then - now that I see how happy he is here with all the room to run, I realize it. They NEED a lot of space - if they have it they're the perfect family dog! (once they're trained )

time for sleep. Big day tomorrow. See you guys then!
Old 12-19-2004, 10:53 PM   #12  
stormy1

Little GH, that is why my neighbor is looking for a bigger piece of property. She has a fenced in yard, just not a lot of room. This dog barks constantly. It is so sweet that your doggie takes care of Maggie. I love when animals comfort each other. Mountain biking,eh? Yeah I have had a couple of wrecks on those. It is fun though. It is also a great way to workout

Red balloon, Supersize Me is out on video and DVD now.

I did get my workout today, but only 45 minutes There are never enough hours in the day. Well I guess I better go and get some work done and schedule my patients for the week.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:47 AM   #13  
Never give up

Angry work is the pits!

Oh guys, just wanted to say Hi. I'm dead tired and need sleep! Not getting this translation done. But I have only a little bit of time left to do it in tomorrow.

Horrible day at work. Got angry at the boss again. Just felt so frustrated at the idiocy that goes on there. Stormy, please have your husband come to my company to research if there are ANY brains at all there, working ones that is!!

No, really, stormy, that's so cool, your husband's work. What kind of research does he do actually? Also, the Japanese fellow's name is most likely Hideki, same as Hideki Matsui, the player for the New York Yankees.

Uh, oh, I didn't want my ticker to show. Maybe it did. Those numbers aren't right if it is. Is it the heart and smiley face. I can't see it??

Thanks for telling me about Supersize. I may get it. I glanced at the reviews on Amazon and they looked good.

And congrats on getting in a workout. 45 minutes sounds good! Don't pooh pooh it!

grasshopper -- How are you doing? I hope well. Today was horrible at work and I left all angry and with adrenalin shooting through me I think. Ugh! I overate but it was good stuff, even came home and had an apple with all-natural peanut butter on this German Vollkorn bread. I had too many nuts and nut butters today but all in all I think I did well. Walked to a health food store at lunch break. That helps me get in some exercise. My work is just sitting in front of the computer all day. Yuck!

Ok, gotta go. Hope to see you all writing soon again! Crime girl, we miss you!! Hope you're feeling bettter.

Anyone else out there, please come join us!!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:03 AM   #14  

Good Morning guys. Bad day in our house. Boyfriend is very sick. He has stuff coming from everywhere it can. Right now he can't keep water down. I've never seen him this sick. I'm pretty sure it's not food poisoning because we ate the same thing all day and I'm not sick. I feel so bad for him but I have to confess I'm looking at him thinking - oh god, I don't want to get this one!!! How bad of me!

Stormy - do you work out of a hospital, an office or home calls? I was curious. You're right about dogs comforting. It surprises me to see a dog that can be so hyper and active, lay with maggie and give her kisses. The one thing he won't share is food As for mountain biking. We're lucky to have a ton of places to ride. This past summer we took a vacation to Tsali - it's a huge mountain biking area. You can go out for overnighters, or just spend your days riding for a week and never hit the same trails. The trail system goes all around a lake on the edge of the smokies and it's beautiful! We're definately going back. I bought a new bike about 4 months ago, full suspension, disk brake, everything! I am in love with it!! My back likes this one a lot better than my old hard tail too

Well I'm going to go take care of sweetie. He can't hold anything at all down now, so not a whole lot I can give him yet. He has about a 20 second delay. They should make a spray with the meds in it for things like this. I know they can - think about the sore throat sprays.. I know, they're topical.....but still! A lot of homeopathic things are dissolved in the mouth, rather than swallowed.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:18 AM   #15  
stormy1

HI guys. Just a quick hello.
Red balloon, my hubby looks at neurotransmitters in the brain through imaging techniques such as MRIs. It is so way above my head! Can't see your ticker this morning. I think it was the heart and smiley faces. Hope your work goes well today!

Little GH, I do home health. Hope your BF feels better soon!

To everyone, this week will be very challenging. Eat right and take care of yourself!
Closed Thread