Old 12-13-2004, 10:48 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default TG Weekly Chat - Dec 13 thru Dec 19

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group!

We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join in our weekly chats and let's get to know each other better ...

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2004!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:02 AM   #2  
CJ

Good morning everyone! Are you all being good? You know, Christmas is almost upon us and Santa is watching us to see if we have been good or bad! lol I've been good - honest!

Anyway ... I hope we get lots of posts this week! Still wondering where Shaun dissappeared to ... hope everything is ok. I'm working on my last scarf - I made 21 of them. I think I'm "scarfed out" ... We're getting lots and lots of snow again ... probably got about 6" last nite. Sure does look beautiful. Driving in it isn't fun tho.

Well ... hope to hear from you all soon ... remember to check the posts from last week for any you may have missed.

Talk soon..
Love, CJ
Old 12-13-2004, 11:04 AM   #3  
Lucyee

HI Everyone, This is the first time I am on here. Am not sure how to use this chat room. Struggling on weight watchers program. Help. Lucyee
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:15 AM   #4  
SRR
shaun

Hi everyone,
I know, I have been on the missing list... I was off sick for the past 10 days.. first day back.
have not weighed yet to see the damage.
will get back to all later.
hope everyone is well... and losing...
hi to new members...
talk soon
shaun
SRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:20 AM   #5  
CJ

Welcome Lucyee! Welcome to our group ... just come in and post whenever you feel like it ... we're all here to help out! If we all fall, we just pick ourselves up and start over again! Eventually, we'll get there. So if you mess up today, remember, tomorrow is another day! WE CAN DO THIS! This isn't a chat room, just a message board. So just post with us regularly so we can get to know you and you can get to know us. Glad to have you aboard.
Remember, we're The Thin Group! You might want to bookmark this spot so you can get to our group easy every day. Are you doing WW on your own or do you go to meetings? We all are doing different ways ... one of our gals (Peggy) is on South Beach ... Loon and I are doing low carb ... I think Slyvia is doing WW now and I believe Shaun is doing WW also ... anyways, whatever program we all are doing, we're here to help each other.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:23 AM   #6  
CJ

Shaun! I think we were posting at the same time. Sooooo glad to hear from you ... sorry you've been sick but hope you are feeling better now. Glad you're back!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:36 PM   #7  
SRR
shaun

Hey CJ;
good to be back, I just weighed myself and realized I stayed the same... and I did not write down a thing or even follow the program...
well, that's a little freebie.. I guess I have to get back on the wagon..
talk soon
Welcome new members.. this site is really good at keeping you motivated. I feel like I have to fess up when I come online.. it really helps.
take care all
shaun
Old 12-13-2004, 06:08 PM   #8  

Well I know I've been missing in action for awhile. Been pretty busy. Still haven't found a job. It's such a small town here and this is not a good time to look for a job.
Our area is a big tourist area. Many lakes in the area, resorts and bars and resteraunts, just what I don't want to go back too. Hubby should be getting layed off this week for a few months. It'll be nice to spend time with him. One day a week isn't enough.
Welcome Lucy, we can use all the people here that we can get. Tell us a little about yourself?
Shuan,
Glad to have you back, hope you are feeling better. Well not gaining anything is a plus.
CJ
wow 21scarves, you got me beat on my purses. I have a bunch crocheted , but I have to get the lining in. And I hate to sew, but I know I gotta get it done.
Sylvia,
hope everything is going well for you. I guess I don't know the story on your son Nico. How old is he now?
Sweet tooth, how's everything with you?
Well I made cookies yesterday ( alot ) and sent some with dh and froze the rest. I think I can hear them calling me from the freezer once in awhile, but I tell myself they can't talk.
So everyone take care now.
deb
loon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:39 PM   #9  

Hello Ladies!

CJ....BRAT,BRAT,BRAT!!! There, I feel better!

I hope all of you ladies are doing well. I'm doing well. Saturday was hubby's Christmas party and I did pretty well...that is until I drank some wine. I hadn't had any alcoholic beverages since I was pregnant with Nico....so it's going on two and a half years. I did manage to burn off the calories by dancing salsa for three of hours in high heels. Let me just say that I was almost crawling to the car after the party...my feet were throbbing and I had a blister on the bottom of my foot. I was not a happy camper the next day. Not only was I hung over (from a glass of white wine) but I thought my feet were going to explode. I did manage to drink about two gallons of water before Marcel and I went to my parents' house to pick up Nico (he spent the night there) Sunday morning.

CJ- Wow, 21 scarves. I still haven't finished the "blanket" I started three years ago. It must be nice to have snow around Christmas time. I think the closes we get to snow is hail. Mind you the hail is the size of a pea or smaller and it barely makes it to the ground. Have you heard from Sharon? I miss her!

Deb- I'm hanging in there. Thanks for asking. We went through the emotional rollercoaster of infertility and were blessed with our Nico 16 months ago and these wonderful ladies helped me through it. Their support means more to me than you will ever know.

Shaun- Congrats on maintaining your weight.

Lucyee- Welcome to the group!

OK ladies, I'm off to put Nico to bed. This has started to become WW3 and I am determined not to let him get over on me! Yeah right. I guess it's all part of toddlerhood!

Take Care!

Sylvia
aivlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:51 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

WOW! You guys are so talkative this week. I thought I would pop in for a moment and I will be here longer than that.

Lucy - Welcome to the Thin Group. I followed the WW program about 3 years ago, but did it on my own. Are you going to meetings? This weight loss business is difficult, indeed, but well worth the work. Just remember that the harder earned the weight loss is, the bigger the pats on the back for being successful. Just take one day at a time and keep focused on your goal.

Shaun - We were wondering what happened to you. Sorry to hear that you were not feeling well, and at this time of year, too. CJ thought it was because we called you a big BRAT and scared you off. You need to get your name calling in this week...she's really the super BRAT, but don't tell her too loudly, she'll get a swelled head.

Deb - WTG. You just keep those cookies in the freezer where they belong. This year I decided to put my Christmas baking on serving trays and freeze them. It has actually helped because I know that, if I take even one, it will wreck the placement on the tray. Then the bonus is that I don't have to put it out on serving trays when company comes. BUT, yesterday, I contributed to a bake exchange at work....and they sampled the goodies. That was my downfall, but I woke up with a headache this morning from the sugar. Serves me right, I guess.

Sylvia - Glad that you got the BIG BRATS in. She deserves, don't you think? I was just wondering if the blister on the bottom of your foot prevents you from walking to the fridge? Maybe that's a solution, eh? (have to get that Canadian in there somewhere).

CJ - What kind of scarves did you do? ...knitted, crocheted? I have been thinking of whipping up a couple of scarves for the DS's girlfriends this year. I won't be able to do them until next week, but I should be able to have them done for Christmas, I think. I was thinking that I would make them from the fuzzy yarn that is available now...matter of fact, I could use one myself.

Me - We are still installing the hardwood flooring at the house. Hoping that it will be complete by Wednesday, then I can start to clean and decorate the house for Christmas. Can't do anything until we get the sawdust cleaned up.

I have really struggled with eating the past few days. Went to an Open House on Sunday and then got into baking yesterday, plus the boss took us out for lunch today... AND on top of that, it is THAT TOM. I'm just a walking disaster today. Like hubby would say...go home before you hurt yourself.

However, the weight hasn't moved much and I should be back down to normal by the weekend. I haven't exercised this week yet, so if I go to the track for the rest of the week, I will be OK. Just not in the mood today.

Well, now that I have rambled on about absolutely nothing, it is time to go. Have a great evening everyone and remember....STAY OP. That's an order!!!!
sweet tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:20 PM   #11  
CJ

The BRAT is here! The BRAT is here! hee hee hee hee

Howdie everyone! Wow - full house! That's what I like to see - lots of posts! I started to post earlier today but got company and then we went out tonite - just got home and thought I would say hello before going to bed. We have about a foot of snow now .. looking good! Got my cards done today so will get them out tomorrow.

Shaun:
I think I already said this but will say it again - glad to see you back! Good deal about staying the same .. now get yourself back OP and let's get "shrinking"!!

Loon:
Glad to see you back too. You better get those purses done - especially if they are for gifts, eh? I know what you mean on the sewing part .. I can sew if I have to, but don't like to. Enjoy your time with hubby and probably after the New Year something will come up for you for a job.

Sylvia:
Thanks for the BRATS! You were hung over from just one glass of wine??? Wow, you're as bad as me! It doesn't take much for me to "feel no pain" ... lol Sounds like you had a good time tho ... I like what Peggy said about the blister on your foot keeping you from the frig!

Peggy:
I've been knitting the boa scarves with the eyelash fun fur (Bernat/boa) ... they have some beautiful colors and they sure look nice. I just finished the last one ... now I would like to make a couple for me ... want to try something different, but want to experiment on mine first. I'm going to make me a bright red one for xmas then going to do a pale pink too. You still have plenty of time to make a couple - they go fast (I use size 15 needles and 2 skeins of yarn). I didn't have a pattern - just used size 15 needles - 20 stitches - and knitted every row until I used up 2 skeins of the yarn. Hope you get your sawdust cleaned up in time for the decorations - I know what a mess that is. In fact, I told hubby that he can't work in the cabin now until after xmas cuz I don't want my decorations messed up with the dust!

Lucy:
Don't be a stranger now - come back and post soon! And once again, Welcome to the group!

Off to bed now ... talk to ya all tomorrow!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

CJ - Thanks for the info about the scarves. How long does one take to make?
sweet tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:21 PM   #13  
SRR
shaun

Hi everyone;

trying to follow along with all the posts.. forgive me my head is still groggy...
I'm not worried about CJ, I've been drove out of nastier places than this by far and went back for seconds...
( speaking of seconds...,If you eat a full box of pot of gold chocolates while comforting a friend whose husband just walked out on her and her two small kids before Xmas ...still count???)

I know it does... I promise I will give up my vices and get back to the grindstone... but not sure if I can do it before Christmas...

I have decided to concentrate on eating only what I really want this season...and focus on eating the "best" treats while leaving the junky cheap candy canes alone...

come on... that's a pretty big promise, isn't it??

CJ did you get your hair cut? where's the picture you promised... I think you should show us as our Christmas gift....

Good to hear we are all actively " thinking about our weight...that's half the battle...

Did I read that you put down hardwood flooring, sweetooth.. you go girl....

well people I have to go and earn my meager wage... URRGGG!!!!

will talk soon
shaun
Old 12-15-2004, 09:56 PM   #14  
CJ

Hi Ladies:

Well ... got my cards mailed out ... got my out of state packages mailed out ... and .... just for you Shaun ... here is a pic of my new do: but, I'm warning you ... viewing may be hazardous to your eyes! lol

here goes ........

Believe me, this was not the easiest picture to get since I was holding the camera myself ... thank heaven for digital .. I must have taken 40 pics before I got one that actually looked like someone else took it and not me! I know my hair still looks long, but it is only shoulder length .. it was way down my back before, even much longer than in my profile picture. I have it blown straight (or as straight as possible) otherwise, it is very curly/wavy. Anyway, you asked so here it is.

Peggy:
You could do a scarf in one day if you just worked on it and nothing else - otherwise 2 days would do it.

Shaun:
OK ... there's the picture you asked for ... Merry Christmas! Hey, that's a great idea to only eat the best treats and stay away from the junky ones! What a bummer about your friend ... I have special names for men that do that!

I got my b'day present from hubby early and I want to show it off! It's called a flower ring ... it's so beautiful ...

I'm holding it on my fingertip so I can take the picture ... I've wanted this ring for quite a while, so today was the day! Yes, I picked it out, but he bought it! What a sweetheart!

OK ... gotta go now .. we have to call our son and granddaughter in Arizona! Talk to ya soon.

Love, CJ
Old 12-16-2004, 10:28 AM   #15  
CJ

Good morning all ... hope I didn't scare you away with "the picture" ... thought I would pop in for a sec while I'm enjoying my coffee and say hello. I also wanted to show you a pic of our "home sweet home" cabin in the woods with all the snow. I took it just yesterday. We are expecting more snow today I guess.

We will be going downstate next week to be with family for xmas ... now I'm happy that I will be with my family but am bummed that there is no snow down there .. yet. I love snow for Christmas! But .. I love being with my family more so it will be fine.

Well ... talk to ya all later ... I've got stocking stuffers to wrap!

Love, CJ