Old 12-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #31  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good evening ladies!

Yes I have been working on stockings when I could today. 3.5 done now....33.5 to go! We had a graduation to go to tonight for Erik's best friend and we are friends with his parents. He graduated from the Police Academy. His parents are having a surprise party on Sunday and I'm making the cake. A 2 tier round buttermilk wedding cake recipe with buttercream icing. It's actually his mom and step dad and I made their wedding cake in June '03 when they got married and they loved the recipe.

Crystal: I'm so glad you like everything! Yes, I made the mug myself. BTW, you won't want to put it in the dishwasher and watch when you have hot coffee in it. I made one for me too and I stuck it between my leg and the couch the other day and it left imprint of the material of my pants in the paint. No biggie, after it got hot a couple times it rubbed out. Please don't feel bad about getting me one thing, I get started and get ideas and my thoughts snowball into gifts. You don't need to send me anything else either. I don't want you to feel guilty, just enjoy the things you got. Except for the picture frame, I tried to get things that were for JUST you. And a few of those things I already had at home. So please don't feel bad....SMILE and enjoy!

Sorry to not get personal with everyone. It's been a long day and tomorrow isn't looking much better. Dh will be home and I have to take dd shopping for gifts for her brothers, then scouts after school, quick supper and off to a leader's meeting at 7 tomorrow night.

QOTD: Traditions we have stopped: For several years, at my mom's on Christmas Eve, all the kids would just rip and throw and we never knew who got what. So 2 years ago I took charge and now the youngest goes first and opens one gift in the middle of the room so everyone can see their gift, then the next oldest and so on and keep taking turns until the last one is open, then the adults open their gifts while the kids play.
Traditions we have started: About a week before we have breakfast, go see Santa, pick out our live tree, go to lunch then come home and decorate the tree while we have holiday music on. Family Day will be the 18th, one week before this year.

Well, I'm going to crochet for a bit before I pass out.

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 12-08-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:52 PM   #32  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Ladies

A flyby for me... Wait a sec... That is all I do lately

I miss you ladies sooo much

Crystal and Mel, Thank you so much for the cards! Too sweet of you two!

Anyhow, I have ESTATIC NEWS!!!!!

Andrew had a kidney scan done yesterday and his blockage is GONE!!! GONE GONE GONE!!! His functions which should be 50/50 are now at 51/49! Which in January they were 70/30!

THIS IS THE BEST PRESENT A MOM COULD EVER ASK FOR!!!

He is cleared for 18 months unless he has anymore problems!

Thank you so much for all your help, encouragement, and words of prayer! You are the best!

I will get a good post in soon! LOVE YOU ALL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:25 AM   #33  
I'm a homeschool mama

starting a new thread
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote