3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#17) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/49978-home-loozing-floozies-17-a.html)

Sherry 12-02-2004 07:31 AM

Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#17)

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/xmas1

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

4myloves 12-02-2004 09:56 AM

Hey all! I got married on Tuesday, Nov. 30th!

Just wanted to let all my Floozie friends know!

Cheryl

4myloves 12-02-2004 10:00 AM

Dang ticker! After just a "slight" bit of holiday/honeymoon over-indulgence it goes three pounds (actually five, because I HAD lost two more!) the wrong way!

Good thing I won't be going back home before around Christmas time!

Deelite 12-02-2004 04:02 PM

Yeah it is the day after.....man it was good but am I sore and beat. It was marvelous. We stayed at the Imperial Palace. It is right in the middle of the strip. It is not as new as grand as some of the other hotels but it was perfect location.

We took so much in, in just five days. It felt like we toured the world.

At the Eiffel Tower in Paris we had hot steamy (no not sex!) french onion soup with a fresh baquette, topped off with a decandent raspberry mousse and a smooth mocca latte. Romantic and sinfully scrumptious. La Vie en Rose (I love Paris).

We made a trip to Venice or The Venetian. There was a relaxing romantic gondola ride that glided down the Grand Canal in authentic Venetian gondolas. It floated beaneath bridges, besides cafes, under balconies and through the vibrant Venetian streetscape as your gondolier sang. It left us in awe.

Margaritaville with Jimmy Buffet was a blast. We dined on mexican grilled cheese quesadillas, corn tacos with picante salsa, and calamari dipped in ranch sauce accompanied with cervasa. On the hour a scantaly clad senorita blasted down a water slide into a blender of lime margaritas, only to come back out on a swing to preform a class dance act.

My favorite free show was in front of the Bellagio. There was more than a thousand fountains that danced in front of the hotel, creating a breathtaking union of water, music and light. It 's world most famous fountain spoke to our heart with classical, rock, Elton John, and christmas music.

New York we dined on more mexican food, we just couldn't get enough. It's property re-creates the classic Manhattan skyline, complete with 12 New York style skyscrapers, including the Empire State Building, the Statute of Liberty, and a tribute to 9-11. Famous for Cirque du Soleil's "Zumanity" a show that we couldn't miss. We were swepted into the theater by a topless, g-string actor leading to our seats in the " D-for dildo section". It is a naughty, sexy, thrilling, daring show that wets your sexual appetite. Zumanity explores human sexuality from same sex relations to cross dressing. It is a world without inhibitions. The evening after, was romantic and sinful.

So little time filled with so much. We went to our first Martigras at Rio catching beads, a pirate show at Treasure Island, a vintage auto show, a comedy magic show with Mac King, and spent some time sunning ourselves by the pool.

What a great time now to pay for my sins with all that walking and eatting.

Cheryl congratulations and best wishes. That is wonderful. Did you have a small wedding? Don't worry about the weight gain you will lose it again.

Ramona happy belated brithday. I am sorry that you spent it alone. I have had some special occassions when I have been alone. I know how you feel. The last one was our anniversary and no one even called. We can feel pretty down about it. I hope that your knee is recovering fast than the doc's expected. That was a nasty fall.

Gayle I know the old feeling when one of your babies turn 20. We are the same age and my oldest is only a year older. Strange feeling though. Wish the big girl happy birthday for me. We have a bit of snow and I am like you I don't like it. That is why I keep running away. Maybe next time I will run away with you. You need to keep posting you inspire and motivate everyone. I look forward to reading your posts.

Sherry I am not sure who it hurts more when we have a child that is hurting, I sometimes thing it is the mother or loved one that hurts more. With all the pain that I have been going through I sometimes think that it hurts Larry more just watching helplessly. Prayers are being sent your way. Keep posting even if you are down. We love you and need your posts. Thanks for taking my number off the board. I wondered about that after I posted it.

Shelley you rock! You are doing great. Left us all in your dust. I am sure your weight can not be an issue now. I am so proud of you.

Carol thank you for the card. I seen your name posting on the big screen in Vegas. I was reading the big winners and her was Carol F***er in big bold letters saying what you won in code. lol When I tried to figure out what you won I realized the code said BMW 04. Man I was on a lot of drugs and it was fun trying to function. Larry and I got a kick out of it any ways. So have you had your car delivered. Just think someone out there is racing around with your car.

ShelleyM 12-02-2004 07:22 PM

CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES TO THE HAPPY COUPLE!! :cb: :cp: :hat: :cloud9: :goodluck: :love:

gdeann 12-02-2004 11:44 PM

CONGRATULATIONS MR. & MRS. BROOKS!!!!!!

Wishing you many, many years of wedded bliss!!!!!

:cloud9: :cofdate: :cloud9:

gdeann 12-02-2004 11:48 PM

Dee, your life sounds so thrilling compared to mine. I'm happy you had a good time, you needed to relax before the surgery. Sorry I didn't get you called, this house was crazy all week long!

gdeann 12-03-2004 12:12 AM

You will all want to try this one!!!!

Christmas Cookie Recipe

In case you might be looking for a new holiday cookie recipe...the

Tequila can be either white or gold cuervo, by the way....

Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup of water

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup of sugar

1 tsp salt

1 cup of brown sugar

lemon juice

4 large eggs

1 cup nuts

2 cups of dried fruit

1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequilla

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo

again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make

sure the Cuervo is still OK, try another cup ... just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck

in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit off floor. Mix on the

turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose

with a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check

the Jose Cuervo.Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one

table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash

the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to

beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish

the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

ShelleyM 12-03-2004 05:46 AM

Dee-It sounds like you had a heavenly time. You always describe things as if we went with you! You should be a novelist.

Sherry-Would you mind starting an exercise thread for December? I tried to copy yours and post, but it didn't work right.

Tonight is the shower for my friend, then tomorrow I have to be at the race by 6:30AM to get a parking place. I'm getting nervous about running over the bridges. I would hate to be in last place, even though someone has to be the last person!

gdeann 12-03-2004 09:32 AM

Shelley, I'm sending extra good {{{{{VIBES}}}}} your way....I have faith in you and just KNOW you will do great! Regardless if you are first or last in the group, it is an amazing thing your doing!!!!!!! YOU ARE AN AWESOME LADY!

Carol101 12-03-2004 12:30 PM

CONGRATULATIONS MR. & MRS. BROOKS. HERE'S TO A HAPPY LONG HEALTHY MARRIAGE!!! :cheers:

Sherry: As always, I love your sign. I understand your pain. Try to stay strong. I am sending a big hug your way [[[HUGS]]]. I love you, keep the faith...

I haven't been posting much either. I am really have a hard time accepting the fact that the doctor is calling me handicapped. It has been in a very depressed mood. Wondering how much worse I will be in a few years. The why me... etc. So much for my pity party.

Gayle: What wonder cookies those must be. I am going to have to make them, maybe they will help my mood. :lol:

Shelley: Your one busy woman. Just carry this with during the race tomorrow. We are all with you and cheering you on. We are proud of you.

Dee: I second Shelley's comments. You describe things so well.. I am so glad you had a wonderful trip. These are times you will remember forever.

Debbie: As always my prayers and hugs to out to you and you family. Hope this finds everything going well your well. {{{{HUGS}}} Post when you can. I love ya girl!!

I am at work doing this so I gotta run. If I didn't send a personal message your way I apologize, just out of time. I love all of you. Have a great day!!

Deelite 12-03-2004 02:07 PM

Cheryl are you to busy to post since your married? Hubby got you tied up at the moment? ;)

Gayle those hiccup cookies are wonderful, hiccup! Carol they don't only help with your mood but with the pain too!

Shelley I will be with you every step of the way tomorrow. You will do great. We are there cheering you on. Go Shelley Go! What are you doing for the shower? Did you use any of Gayle's ideas? Don't worry about the shower to much the run is more important.Thanks for the compliment about my writting. I just love to be able to share it with you guys. I only wish that I had the energy to share more. There was so many new experiences.

Carol I like your snow flake ticker. You are doing great with the 15 pounds you lost. You are right Carol holidays times are remembered forever. Those memories will get me through the surgery. As for being handicapped there is always research being done, hopefully they will come up with something to cure you soon. So I guess no BMW?

Sherry where are you? I miss you. Please post soon. I would like to hear from you before I have surgery.

Well I have a ton of things to do. Monday I am having surgery. Larry will post and let you know how I am doing. He will also print out the posts so I am in touch with you all. We are trying to get homecare so that I can stay home this time instead of going to mom and dad's. I won't know until after the operation as to where I am going. Just wanted to share with you that I am scared to go through this again. I know what to expect and this time it will take a longer recover because of the incision will be larger, the nerve is still raw, and I have not healed up from the last surgery. Please remember me monday morning. Sherry will you hold your angel for me?

Love you guys, I will be busy so if I post it will be short. Remember that you are with me in my heart. I know what you are all going through and I will pray for you.

Dee

4myloves 12-03-2004 02:12 PM

Thank you all for the warm wishes!

I have been very busy--not tied up by hubby (unforunately!), but trying to catch up on all the work that piled up while I was gone!

Sorry I haven't been posting like I should!

Carol--thanks for the card! Made me so happy! Try not to let the dr. getcha down--ok?

Dee--I'll be thinking of you on Monday. I'm sure things'll go just fine.

Gayle--great cookie recipe!

Shelley--have fun running tomorrow!

Love you all--

Cheryl

gdeann 12-03-2004 05:17 PM

Maybe the new bride and groom need some handcuffs for Christmas????? LOL!

Sherry 12-03-2004 11:27 PM

Hello :wave:

I just got home from the Christmas parade.It was so much fun.This is the 1st time they have had it at night.It started at 7:30. The lights were so pretty! Kinda got me in the Christmas mood.

Dee,
Your trip sounded so nice.I bet you had a wonderful time! You sure deserved it.I'll be saying a special prayer for you as you under go surgery again.What time do you have to be at the hospital? I'll miss you and I'm praying that this time you'll be fixed and never hurt again. Thanks for my Christmas card! Love you!

Gayle,
I need to make some of your cookies! :lol: Too funny!!!! Are you in better spirits hon? I'm trying sooo hard to. I just can't shake this feeling I have. I couldn't even get in the mood when I decorated the house. Did Steve make it home ok?

Cheryl,
CONGRATS!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and I hope you have many, many happy years together! Always be good to each other and never go to bed mad.

Ramona,
How is your knee? I hope you're feeling better. I miss reading your posts. Please try to post when you can. I know you're so depressed right now but please remember we'll always be here for you.Somehow, someway, we'll both get through the holidays just fine. How's your Dad & the boys?

Debbie,
I'm so sorry to hear about James' Brother passing. When you can please post. I know everyone misses you here. I know I do! We need to make plans to get together soon.

Shelley,
I'm sorry I didn't start the Dec. exercise thread on time.Forgive me??? Good luck tomorrow!!! I'll be cheering for you!!!!!! Let us know all about it!

Carol,
I'm so sorry that you're hurting. Did the doctor say that you were handicapped now? If so, check into getting disability.I wished there were some medication for you to take so you would never hurt again sweetie. I've been having a lot of pity parties lately. Maybe we should go ahead and make Gayle's cookies!! :lol:

Doni & Vicki.......I hope you're doing ok. Please post soon!!! (Hope I didn't leave anyone out)

Good Night Hugs....

DebbieA 12-04-2004 09:23 AM

Morning Girls:wave:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Like Sherry said James lost another brother Wednesday and he was buried yesterday. He had went through a long illness but the funeral was still very sad. There is only 8 of them left now, out of 17 children.

Sherry.....Glad you enjoyed the Christmas parade. I sure need something to get me into the Christmas spirit. I am about half finished with my gifts but seem to be just going through the motions this year.

Dee....I'm glad you had a great time on your trip. Taking a vacation this time of year would be a dream for me. My prayers are with you as you go through your surgery. Hugs!!

Gayle....I may make your cookies today and eat {drink} the whole batch!! LOL
Do you have all your decorations up and gifts bought?

Cheryl...Congrats on your marriage!!! Hope you and your hubby have many happy years together!!

Shelley....I know I have said it several times...BUT I PLAN on joining the excerisie thread AGAIN starting Monday...LOOK for me. When does your Hanukkah celebrations start?

Carol.....Bless your heart!! What did the doctor said was wrong with your legs? Did he give you meds to help with the pain? I also have a lot of problems with my legs but for now it's not a disability. Please get a second opinion and don't just give up. Thinking of you !! Love ya!!

Ramona... Hope you are feeling better. Continuing to pray for your boys!! Do you know yet when your husband is coming back? When he gets back you need to take a short trip together, maybe Gatinburg!!!

WELL....After Thanksgiving I WAS miserable!!! SO...I have been OP for 6 days now!!! :cb: I realize December is probably the harder month to {diet} but I have to do something. Between taking steriods for my sinises and nerve eating { with James} Got to blame someone or something...LOL. I have gained even more of my weight back. If there is a party, I will eat senible and then right back OP.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's cold here in Tennessee!!

Hugs...deb

siamese 12-04-2004 09:31 AM

hello my friends!
well im finaly op!
we had to deal with the food we had,money was tite!
but now so far so good.
mom and dad called me yesterday with the greatest news!
they had filed bankruptcy 2 yrs ago and one of the credit cards citi bank refused to leave them alone after there bankruptcy was discharged they took the info down and i guess the trustees decided to resue the creditor!
they got 2000.00! and for christmas they bought the radiator for brian's car!
i get my car back!
im so happy!
and remember my one post where brian was a poopie?
well my mom decided to buy me 4 months worth of my birth conrol pills!
im going thru menopause and without the estrogen i was going nuts!
the hot flashes were so bad i was having 100 a day and couldnt sleep.
my hormones were going thru the roof!

last weekend in my old neighborhood there were 3 large warehouses ,
1 was just used as storage,2 was a automotive restoration place and the 3 was a paintball blast factory,
well i am approx.3 blocks from this place and about 8 pm we heard this loud boom,
apparently a worker was using a woodburning stove with a not so good flu and he tried to start a fire in there as he was cleaning up a spark came out and ignited a place on the floor were evendently something flamable was there he thought he had things under conrol but no (sob)
the stove backfired and fire hit a fully restored 67 camaro sending it flying 20 feet up thru the roof!the explosion could be heard for miles!
i looked out my backwindow and the sky was orange!
my best friend who i grew up with called and told me the autotrix was burning as i was talking several other explosions occured so she picked me and catagan up so we could go see,
after getting as close as we could we got there in time for several other cars to be blown thru the roof!
i was terrified but our child hood memories was going up in smoke,it used to be a marsh supermaket where i met my first boyfriend.
the front of the building fell into north street hitting cars,this is a main drag thru town very busy street.
the blast factory was ok when we got there but all of a sudden this brick building was having smoke pouring thru the bricks it looked spooky and haunted!
the roof caught fire and kids were running from the smoking building its a place for kids they shoot paint from guns at each other.
the roof collapsed and when the fire got to the paint stuff the building exploded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have never seen in my 44 yrs a fire so devesting!
it then caught the empty warehouse on fire!
it burned a entire city block! and could be seen for miles!
its so gone!!!!!!!!!
to make matters worse the fire was spread so fast the winds were bout 20 mph and the fire was spreading towards 3 parked semi's.
one ignited and fortuntaly the got it under control for it exploded.
its gone and the guy who was there in the beginning got 3rd degree burns all over his body.
both legs broke both arms and he broke his back.
they found him 3 blocks away!
he was ejected from the first explosion,he is lucky to be alive!
the fire burned for 3 days.
worse ive ever seen.
5 firefigters were taken to the hospital one was ijured badly when the blast factory went up!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY RAMONA!
how is your knee doing?

CONGRATS CHERYL! TO COOL!
dee,thinking of you and you will be in my prayers mon.
your vac. sounds awesome!
debbie,sorry bout james brothers passing!

sherry,you hang in there girlfriend!
have a great weekend!
doni

DebbieA 12-04-2004 09:47 AM

Doni
We were posting at the same time. Glad things are getting better for you.
What a scarey fire, glad your family is alright!!

bootwoman 12-04-2004 09:54 AM

Good morning everyone.

Debbie, I'm so sorry about your loss. Please tell James I'm thinking of him. How is he doing since his heart surgery?

Sherry, the Christmas Parade sounds lovely. We had ours Thursday, but it was so cold I just couldn't bring myself to go. How is Drew feeling? Wayne??

Cheryl, GREAT BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!! I hope you will be this happy when you are celebrating your 50th anniversary!

Doni, that's terrible about the warehouses. The injuries and devestation are just horrible. Congratulations on getting Brian's car fixed!

Dee, You'll be in my thoughts and prayers on Monday. I just know that this is going to do the trick and you'll be back to the old Dee in no time. Take care.

Shelly, how did the shower go? Good luck today in the race. Thank you for the card. I hadn't checked my emails at home in about a week, so I just got it today. You're a sweetheart.

Gayle, once again, thanks for the suprise in the mail. I have the the magnet on my computer tower so I can look at it everyday and be reminded of my wonderful friend.

Carol, I pray that someone will find a cure for your illness and return you to your health and happiness. I know the cold weather probably doesn't help things very much. Hang in there!

Rick will be home around midnight on Tuesday. He decided he better come on back before the weather gets too bad. He will be back for 5 days and then he is going to Kansas on a pheasant hunting trip with my boss. I haven't heard from Daniel in about 2 weeks. I guess no news is good news in this case. Ben may have to leave on the 31st of this month for 6 months in Saudi Arabia. I should know in a few days. My knee is still very bruised and sore. I guess it will just take time for it to all work out. Okay, my brother-in-law and his wife are here to help me paint the kitchen, so I better get in there. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Sherry 12-04-2004 10:13 AM

Doni....I'm so glad you're ok!! That fire and explosion was too close to you!!! Glad you'll have your car back soon!!

Ramona.....I know you can't wait until Rick gets home. Next time he leaves, can Wayne go with him? :lol: Thanks for asking about Wayne & Drew. Wayne is still in PT and goes back to the Dr. on Dec.14th....Hopefully he'll go back to work soon. I posted about Drew on last thread on page 2 but nobody said anything.Maybe no one saw it?? Anyway, he starts PT next week. Have fun painting!!!! :D

Sherry 12-04-2004 10:22 AM

Ramona & Dee (or everyone else),

Mom & Dad's 50th wedding anniversary is December 24th. I'm having their party on Jan.15th because of Christmas and everyone being busy. Here's what I've ordered or bought so far:

Invitations (w/ their wedding photo in the background!)
50th plates
50th napkins (engraved)
gold forks
clear cups (punch tumblers)
2 big banners (wishing happy 50th)
50th centerpiece
gum wrappers (it says.."We've stuck together for 50 years" with their names)
Will buy the latex & mylar balloons the morning of the party

We're having cake,punch,nuts,mints,homemade choc. candy in small little gold cups & ham & rolls

Help!!! Give me some ideas with what you did!! Thanks!!!!

BTW: I'm using cloth table clothes (white & just 1 gold)

ShelleyM 12-04-2004 06:00 PM

Sherry-My parents on on their 60 something, so I can't even remember what we did for them, other than I had a painting made of the 2 of them.

I thought I did great on my race, 6.2 miles in 1:04, which included running over 2 high bridges. Little did I know that people 10 and 20 years older and younger than me could run it in something like 40-50 minutes!! I'm really bummed! My last 10K took me 1:13, and I even won a trophy. I wasn't in last place, but I thought I'd get a trophy. Silly me! Anyway, I'm proud of myself for improving by 9 minutes.

gdeann 12-04-2004 06:10 PM

Shelley, I am very, very, very proud of you! What an amazing lady you are!!!
There are people 10-20 years younger then you that wouldn't even attempt a run. SUPER JOB!

Sher, I'm not sure if your interested, but I can send you directions for placing an image on a candle. Maybe you could do a large piller candle with an image of your parents and surround it with smaller candles with images of your family when kids? The image is printed onto tissue paper using the computer printer, then melted onto the candle to actually look as if part of the candle. I haven't tried it yet, but all of the painters in my group are raving about it.

Decorating the house for Christmas today!

gdeann 12-04-2004 10:09 PM

I didn't get the tree up today, but I did decorate the house. Our tree is a 2-3 person job, it's 8' and too big and high for me to do by myself. We are putting it up tomorrow. I wanted something different this year, but way too expensive to buy all new ornaments, so I guess our tree will remain the same that it has for the past 9 years. We decorate it with gold tinsel garland, white candle lights, clear lights, gold glass bulbs and a beautiful lit angel on the top dressed in gold and burgandy.

Deb, so sorry to hear about Jame's brother. How is Jame's handling it since he too came very close to death? Prayers are sent your direction.

I voluteered to hand paint Christmas cards for our local Hospice clients. They are folded and can be placed on the bedside table if they wish to look at them. I only have 15 painted so far and I need 40!!!! I'm trying to do them in sets of 5. I want to have them done by mid-week so it will allow the Hospice staff enough time before Christmas to get them delivered. So.....if I'm missing in action, you know my paint brush is smoke'n!!!

ShelleyM 12-05-2004 09:11 AM

Gayle and Ramona-I need your help! I just purchased the set of Bare Escentuals and don't know exactly how to use it. I know I need to watch the video, but any tips either of you can give me would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to waste any of it by not knowing how to use. I bought it yesterday at Ulta, and a lady that uses it was telling me how to apply.

Sherry 12-05-2004 10:29 AM

Gayle....Please send me the directions on the candles. Thanks!!!!! :D

Shelley.....You are awesome!! Great job on the run!! :cp:

Got to get ready for church. Have a great day!! :wave:

gdeann 12-05-2004 10:35 AM

Shelley, I purchased a little 1 cup size plastic bowl at Walmart, I sprinkle my makeup in it to load my brush up. I had a heck of a mess when I tried using the lid to the container. My one suggestion, go easy at first and apply with a light touch. When I first started using BE, I wasn't all that impressed with it, but once you get the "feel" of it, it's good stuff and the coverage is great! I found with a lighter touch, I have just as good, if not better coverage then when I have a heavy hand (or brush). I use the minerial veil to set everything. Here is my basic routine: Bisque for any dark areas, then my 2.3 foundation, bisque again if needed, I use glee on my cheek area, then I use a tiny, tiny bit of warmth all over. I usually just use warmth or glee on my eye area, the top section I highlight with radiance if I'm in the mood. I finish with the mineral veil. You can even take glee and mix it with warmth for a custom shade of blush. I find if I kind of go in circles lightly, or buff my face with the foundation, coverage is better. During the summer months (which is still now for you) I "prime my face with the mineral veil before I do anything else. I seen Leslie on a show and he suggested this. Did you get the application brush with the set? The brushes are expensive, so I only have the general application brush, I use it for everything.

gdeann 12-05-2004 10:38 AM

Sherry, we posted at the same time, I'll send you the info later.

ShelleyM 12-05-2004 11:56 AM

Gayle-My set includes the foundation in medium tan 5.2 (I must be darker than you), warmth, veil, and the brush. That's it. What is Glee? I wanted to start with this and see how I like it before I purchase any other stuff. The kit was only $40.00, so it was a good deal. I just hope the color of the foundation is right. I tried it and it seemed to be the right color. I really won't know until I try the whole kit.

Carol101 12-05-2004 06:13 PM

Shelley: Congrats on the run. I am very, very proud of you. You are awesome!!!

Sherry: I hope PT for Wayne and Drew goes well. They will be doing much, much better in no time.

gdeann 12-05-2004 07:30 PM

Shelley, glee is a mauve shade of mineral, used for a youthful appearance. I use glee alone or mixed with warmth. I'm a cheapskate, since it works, I do this instead of ordering a blush shade compact.

Deelite 12-05-2004 07:31 PM

Debbie I am sorry to hear of your loss. It must be hard for James. Hugs to both of you.

Sherry I was going to suggest candles. Gayle has a great idea. Gayle could you send me the info on how to do it? Never heard of it before. If your parents have a humorous side to them they could have gold fish in bowls on each table. We did that and placed a few crystal stones on the bottom placed on a gold placemat. Did you notice that I sent your card from Vegas? See I do thing of you often, even when I travel.

Shelley improving your time is something to be proud of. No matter what there is always going to be someone better or faster than you for some reason. You did great, completed the run is an honor.

Gayle good luck painted the cards. Your tree sounds pretty, maybe after christmas you can get some things to decorate for next year for a great sale price.

Sorry that I can not post to everyone. I am on Jay's pc. Dez's pc crashed in the middle of exams so we sent her mine. I am also getting ready for tomorrow. Lots of loose ends to tie up. Thank you for all the prayers. I need to be at the hospital at 5:30. The surgery is at 7:30. Larry will post and let you all know how I am doing. He is also going to print out everything for me. I am hoping for homecare but will not know until after my surgery. If I don't get it I will be staying at my mom and dad's.
Gayle keep everyone in line. Make sure everyone behaves. Maybe I got this wrong you all should be watching Gayle!

Love you all.

Deelite 12-05-2004 07:32 PM

I see your egg glowing Gayle and Shelley!

gdeann 12-05-2004 07:53 PM

Gosh, I hope my egg isn't glowing Dee, I think that's when I can get PG!!! LOL!
I will try to keep this group in line, of course I'm the one to do it, I'm the best behaved of the group!! I continue to say prayers your direction, tell Larry he is just like one of the family and to make sure he lets us know how things go. I LOVE YOU DEARLY DEAR FRIEND! {{{{HUGS sent across the miles}}}

The tree is up! Started at 10:00 this morning and finished at 4:00 this afternoon! Steve helped me, we had problems with the lights etc. but it is now done! Now, to relax with a glass (or two) of wine!!!!!

DebbieA 12-06-2004 07:55 AM

Morning Girls

Dee...Thinking of you this morning. I know this surgery will put you on the road to a full recovery. Hugs!!

Gayle....I know you are glad the tree is up. What a job...right?? My daugher helped me this year or it still wouldn't be up...LOL. You do so much to help others, you will be surely blessed.

Shelly....WTG on your run!!! Makes me tired just reading your posts sometimes...LOL.

Ramona...Thinking of you today!!

Sherry....The party for your parents sounds great. Please let me know what I can do to help. I miss you so much, let's get together soon.

Carol...How are you doing this morning? Do you have all your Christmas shopping done and gifts wrapped under the tree? Not me....but working on it!!

Doni.....How are you doing today? Are you back OP?

Well...got a busy day planned. Hope everyone is well and happy!!

Hugs...debbie

Carol101 12-06-2004 06:05 PM

Dee: I have been thinking and praying for you all day. I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery. {{{HUGS}}}

Debbie: Shopping done.... I wish.... :lol: Tree is not even up yet. I am waiting for Kevin to bring it down from upstair. The stairs bother my ankes too much these days. You sound more like your ole self and that makes me smile. Hugs and love coming your way.

Shelley: Do you get sore after a run like that? Just curious. You did great!!!

Gayle: Oh to be as talented as you. You just paint away girl. Sounds like your tree looks great. You are one busy lady. I don't know how you get it all done. Your just multi talented!!

Ramona: Sorry your knee is still bothering you. I am sure it will get better in time.

Cheryl: Now that your married, don't forget about us.. :lol:

Sherry: You are starting to sound like your happy cheery self again. No more pity parties for either of us. okay!! What a wonderful celebration you are planning for your parents. It sounds great and I love the ideas that Shelley and Gayle have given you. No matter what, they will love it!! Parents are like that.

Doni: Wow... what a scary night you had with that fire. I can't even imagine watching that happening right before your eyes. Gives you whole new attitude about life sometimes when you witness something so devastating.

The next 2 days I am taking my parents to dr. appointments. Neither one of them are doing very well and I am really worried about them.

My daughter had a scare a week ago. She started preterm labor. She is only 24 weeks along. It took 3 days to get the pains to stop! They are still running tests to see what is going on. She doesn't know when she will be able to go back to work, if at all. She has been taking it really easy and keeping off her feet as much as she can. I when with her when she got an ultrasound done on Sunday and was so glad I did. We could see the baby's face really well and believe it or not.... she stuck her tongue out at us.... What a laugh we got.

My daugher-in-law (pregnant too) has been on bedrest for the last 3 weeks because she has a thin cervix. If she goes into labor there would be nothing to stop the baby from coming right now. She is at 34 weeks now, so if something happened now, the baby would have a greater survival rate than if she had it 3 weeks ago.

And last but not least, my son wrecked his car on Friday night. He almost hit a deer and hit the ditch instead. He is okay, but his car..... busted radiator, 2 flat tires, windshield cracked and front is pushed in some... Still waiting on the insurance adjuster to see how bad it really is.

Never a dull moment around this house.. oh now.. not us...

Well, gotta run.

Hugs and love to everyone!

ShelleyM 12-07-2004 06:03 AM

Dee-My dear friend. I thought of you all day yesterday. Larry, please let us know how the surgery went.

Carol-Wow! You have been through quite a bit of torment this holiday. Things can only get better. Sending well prayers your way. BTW, no I don't get sore after a 10K. It's 10 miles and more that start leaving me sore sometimes. I have a 13 miler coming up Jan. 2 that I need to start training for.

Ladies-I went back and read some of your posts. I am guilty of not reading them close enough. If I missed anything, please know that it's because I seem to hurry through everything. Debbie, I am so sorry for your loss. Ramona, I am hoping that you get better and better with each passing day.

Love to each and everyone of you!

4myloves 12-07-2004 09:38 AM

Dang, Carol! You've really been through it lately! Take care of those babies! Tell the son, next time hit the deer--it'd do less damage.

Shelley--I know what you mean about reading all the posts--sometimes, especially when I'm gone for 2-3 days, I just have to skim to try to keep up.

Thank you all for the congrats! Stewart is supposed to come see me this week-end, if nothing comes up on his end. We've been married for one week today and we've spent all of one day together--I think this has the makings of a really good relationship! :)

I had a great session with my trainer last night--my arms woke me up at around 3:00 HURTING like mad. I didn't have any ibuprophen--had to make due with Tylenol. Needless to say, I didn't go to my 5:30 class this morning! Bad me!

Hope you all are doing well, thinking of Dee and her surgery. Larry, do fill us in, please!

Ramona, hope the boys are OK.

Debbie, Sherry, Jennelle (hope you're still lurking!), Gayle (hey, Sweets!) and Vicky, hope you are all doing good!

Cheryl

gdeann 12-07-2004 06:30 PM

happy Hanukkah Shelley & Family!

ShelleyM 12-07-2004 08:16 PM

Thank you, Gayle! The principal and AP gave me some beautiful Hanukkah candles and plates. The clinic aide gave me some Hanukkah socks. It was so nice of all of them. I'll complain about the talk I had with them on another day when I don't have such mixed feelings about my bosses and coworkers.

I still don't know if I like this Bare Escentuals. I went and bought the bisque and blush today. The girl that was there seemed to know the exact colors I needed. She said that I bought the right color with my set. I tried a lighter one and said thought that it didn't look as good as the darker color. I think I just need to get the hang of it. I don't like the warmth, but today it was a bit better. I tried it under my cheek bones and then put blush above it. Tomorrow I'll try their blush. I didn't buy the other brushes, they were too expensive.