3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#17) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/49978-home-loozing-floozies-17-a.html)

DebbieA 12-04-2004 09:23 AM

Morning Girls:wave:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Like Sherry said James lost another brother Wednesday and he was buried yesterday. He had went through a long illness but the funeral was still very sad. There is only 8 of them left now, out of 17 children.

Sherry.....Glad you enjoyed the Christmas parade. I sure need something to get me into the Christmas spirit. I am about half finished with my gifts but seem to be just going through the motions this year.

Dee....I'm glad you had a great time on your trip. Taking a vacation this time of year would be a dream for me. My prayers are with you as you go through your surgery. Hugs!!

Gayle....I may make your cookies today and eat {drink} the whole batch!! LOL
Do you have all your decorations up and gifts bought?

Cheryl...Congrats on your marriage!!! Hope you and your hubby have many happy years together!!

Shelley....I know I have said it several times...BUT I PLAN on joining the excerisie thread AGAIN starting Monday...LOOK for me. When does your Hanukkah celebrations start?

Carol.....Bless your heart!! What did the doctor said was wrong with your legs? Did he give you meds to help with the pain? I also have a lot of problems with my legs but for now it's not a disability. Please get a second opinion and don't just give up. Thinking of you !! Love ya!!

Ramona... Hope you are feeling better. Continuing to pray for your boys!! Do you know yet when your husband is coming back? When he gets back you need to take a short trip together, maybe Gatinburg!!!

WELL....After Thanksgiving I WAS miserable!!! SO...I have been OP for 6 days now!!! :cb: I realize December is probably the harder month to {diet} but I have to do something. Between taking steriods for my sinises and nerve eating { with James} Got to blame someone or something...LOL. I have gained even more of my weight back. If there is a party, I will eat senible and then right back OP.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's cold here in Tennessee!!

Hugs...deb

siamese 12-04-2004 09:31 AM

hello my friends!
well im finaly op!
we had to deal with the food we had,money was tite!
but now so far so good.
mom and dad called me yesterday with the greatest news!
they had filed bankruptcy 2 yrs ago and one of the credit cards citi bank refused to leave them alone after there bankruptcy was discharged they took the info down and i guess the trustees decided to resue the creditor!
they got 2000.00! and for christmas they bought the radiator for brian's car!
i get my car back!
im so happy!
and remember my one post where brian was a poopie?
well my mom decided to buy me 4 months worth of my birth conrol pills!
im going thru menopause and without the estrogen i was going nuts!
the hot flashes were so bad i was having 100 a day and couldnt sleep.
my hormones were going thru the roof!

last weekend in my old neighborhood there were 3 large warehouses ,
1 was just used as storage,2 was a automotive restoration place and the 3 was a paintball blast factory,
well i am approx.3 blocks from this place and about 8 pm we heard this loud boom,
apparently a worker was using a woodburning stove with a not so good flu and he tried to start a fire in there as he was cleaning up a spark came out and ignited a place on the floor were evendently something flamable was there he thought he had things under conrol but no (sob)
the stove backfired and fire hit a fully restored 67 camaro sending it flying 20 feet up thru the roof!the explosion could be heard for miles!
i looked out my backwindow and the sky was orange!
my best friend who i grew up with called and told me the autotrix was burning as i was talking several other explosions occured so she picked me and catagan up so we could go see,
after getting as close as we could we got there in time for several other cars to be blown thru the roof!
i was terrified but our child hood memories was going up in smoke,it used to be a marsh supermaket where i met my first boyfriend.
the front of the building fell into north street hitting cars,this is a main drag thru town very busy street.
the blast factory was ok when we got there but all of a sudden this brick building was having smoke pouring thru the bricks it looked spooky and haunted!
the roof caught fire and kids were running from the smoking building its a place for kids they shoot paint from guns at each other.
the roof collapsed and when the fire got to the paint stuff the building exploded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have never seen in my 44 yrs a fire so devesting!
it then caught the empty warehouse on fire!
it burned a entire city block! and could be seen for miles!
its so gone!!!!!!!!!
to make matters worse the fire was spread so fast the winds were bout 20 mph and the fire was spreading towards 3 parked semi's.
one ignited and fortuntaly the got it under control for it exploded.
its gone and the guy who was there in the beginning got 3rd degree burns all over his body.
both legs broke both arms and he broke his back.
they found him 3 blocks away!
he was ejected from the first explosion,he is lucky to be alive!
the fire burned for 3 days.
worse ive ever seen.
5 firefigters were taken to the hospital one was ijured badly when the blast factory went up!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY RAMONA!
how is your knee doing?

CONGRATS CHERYL! TO COOL!
dee,thinking of you and you will be in my prayers mon.
your vac. sounds awesome!
debbie,sorry bout james brothers passing!

sherry,you hang in there girlfriend!
have a great weekend!
doni

DebbieA 12-04-2004 09:47 AM

Doni
We were posting at the same time. Glad things are getting better for you.
What a scarey fire, glad your family is alright!!

bootwoman 12-04-2004 09:54 AM

Good morning everyone.

Debbie, I'm so sorry about your loss. Please tell James I'm thinking of him. How is he doing since his heart surgery?

Sherry, the Christmas Parade sounds lovely. We had ours Thursday, but it was so cold I just couldn't bring myself to go. How is Drew feeling? Wayne??

Cheryl, GREAT BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!! I hope you will be this happy when you are celebrating your 50th anniversary!

Doni, that's terrible about the warehouses. The injuries and devestation are just horrible. Congratulations on getting Brian's car fixed!

Dee, You'll be in my thoughts and prayers on Monday. I just know that this is going to do the trick and you'll be back to the old Dee in no time. Take care.

Shelly, how did the shower go? Good luck today in the race. Thank you for the card. I hadn't checked my emails at home in about a week, so I just got it today. You're a sweetheart.

Gayle, once again, thanks for the suprise in the mail. I have the the magnet on my computer tower so I can look at it everyday and be reminded of my wonderful friend.

Carol, I pray that someone will find a cure for your illness and return you to your health and happiness. I know the cold weather probably doesn't help things very much. Hang in there!

Rick will be home around midnight on Tuesday. He decided he better come on back before the weather gets too bad. He will be back for 5 days and then he is going to Kansas on a pheasant hunting trip with my boss. I haven't heard from Daniel in about 2 weeks. I guess no news is good news in this case. Ben may have to leave on the 31st of this month for 6 months in Saudi Arabia. I should know in a few days. My knee is still very bruised and sore. I guess it will just take time for it to all work out. Okay, my brother-in-law and his wife are here to help me paint the kitchen, so I better get in there. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Sherry 12-04-2004 10:13 AM

Doni....I'm so glad you're ok!! That fire and explosion was too close to you!!! Glad you'll have your car back soon!!

Ramona.....I know you can't wait until Rick gets home. Next time he leaves, can Wayne go with him? :lol: Thanks for asking about Wayne & Drew. Wayne is still in PT and goes back to the Dr. on Dec.14th....Hopefully he'll go back to work soon. I posted about Drew on last thread on page 2 but nobody said anything.Maybe no one saw it?? Anyway, he starts PT next week. Have fun painting!!!! :D

Sherry 12-04-2004 10:22 AM

Ramona & Dee (or everyone else),

Mom & Dad's 50th wedding anniversary is December 24th. I'm having their party on Jan.15th because of Christmas and everyone being busy. Here's what I've ordered or bought so far:

Invitations (w/ their wedding photo in the background!)
50th plates
50th napkins (engraved)
gold forks
clear cups (punch tumblers)
2 big banners (wishing happy 50th)
50th centerpiece
gum wrappers (it says.."We've stuck together for 50 years" with their names)
Will buy the latex & mylar balloons the morning of the party

We're having cake,punch,nuts,mints,homemade choc. candy in small little gold cups & ham & rolls

Help!!! Give me some ideas with what you did!! Thanks!!!!

BTW: I'm using cloth table clothes (white & just 1 gold)

ShelleyM 12-04-2004 06:00 PM

Sherry-My parents on on their 60 something, so I can't even remember what we did for them, other than I had a painting made of the 2 of them.

I thought I did great on my race, 6.2 miles in 1:04, which included running over 2 high bridges. Little did I know that people 10 and 20 years older and younger than me could run it in something like 40-50 minutes!! I'm really bummed! My last 10K took me 1:13, and I even won a trophy. I wasn't in last place, but I thought I'd get a trophy. Silly me! Anyway, I'm proud of myself for improving by 9 minutes.

gdeann 12-04-2004 06:10 PM

Shelley, I am very, very, very proud of you! What an amazing lady you are!!!
There are people 10-20 years younger then you that wouldn't even attempt a run. SUPER JOB!

Sher, I'm not sure if your interested, but I can send you directions for placing an image on a candle. Maybe you could do a large piller candle with an image of your parents and surround it with smaller candles with images of your family when kids? The image is printed onto tissue paper using the computer printer, then melted onto the candle to actually look as if part of the candle. I haven't tried it yet, but all of the painters in my group are raving about it.

Decorating the house for Christmas today!

gdeann 12-04-2004 10:09 PM

I didn't get the tree up today, but I did decorate the house. Our tree is a 2-3 person job, it's 8' and too big and high for me to do by myself. We are putting it up tomorrow. I wanted something different this year, but way too expensive to buy all new ornaments, so I guess our tree will remain the same that it has for the past 9 years. We decorate it with gold tinsel garland, white candle lights, clear lights, gold glass bulbs and a beautiful lit angel on the top dressed in gold and burgandy.

Deb, so sorry to hear about Jame's brother. How is Jame's handling it since he too came very close to death? Prayers are sent your direction.

I voluteered to hand paint Christmas cards for our local Hospice clients. They are folded and can be placed on the bedside table if they wish to look at them. I only have 15 painted so far and I need 40!!!! I'm trying to do them in sets of 5. I want to have them done by mid-week so it will allow the Hospice staff enough time before Christmas to get them delivered. So.....if I'm missing in action, you know my paint brush is smoke'n!!!

ShelleyM 12-05-2004 09:11 AM

Gayle and Ramona-I need your help! I just purchased the set of Bare Escentuals and don't know exactly how to use it. I know I need to watch the video, but any tips either of you can give me would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to waste any of it by not knowing how to use. I bought it yesterday at Ulta, and a lady that uses it was telling me how to apply.

Sherry 12-05-2004 10:29 AM

Gayle....Please send me the directions on the candles. Thanks!!!!! :D

Shelley.....You are awesome!! Great job on the run!! :cp:

Got to get ready for church. Have a great day!! :wave:

gdeann 12-05-2004 10:35 AM

Shelley, I purchased a little 1 cup size plastic bowl at Walmart, I sprinkle my makeup in it to load my brush up. I had a heck of a mess when I tried using the lid to the container. My one suggestion, go easy at first and apply with a light touch. When I first started using BE, I wasn't all that impressed with it, but once you get the "feel" of it, it's good stuff and the coverage is great! I found with a lighter touch, I have just as good, if not better coverage then when I have a heavy hand (or brush). I use the minerial veil to set everything. Here is my basic routine: Bisque for any dark areas, then my 2.3 foundation, bisque again if needed, I use glee on my cheek area, then I use a tiny, tiny bit of warmth all over. I usually just use warmth or glee on my eye area, the top section I highlight with radiance if I'm in the mood. I finish with the mineral veil. You can even take glee and mix it with warmth for a custom shade of blush. I find if I kind of go in circles lightly, or buff my face with the foundation, coverage is better. During the summer months (which is still now for you) I "prime my face with the mineral veil before I do anything else. I seen Leslie on a show and he suggested this. Did you get the application brush with the set? The brushes are expensive, so I only have the general application brush, I use it for everything.

gdeann 12-05-2004 10:38 AM

Sherry, we posted at the same time, I'll send you the info later.

ShelleyM 12-05-2004 11:56 AM

Gayle-My set includes the foundation in medium tan 5.2 (I must be darker than you), warmth, veil, and the brush. That's it. What is Glee? I wanted to start with this and see how I like it before I purchase any other stuff. The kit was only $40.00, so it was a good deal. I just hope the color of the foundation is right. I tried it and it seemed to be the right color. I really won't know until I try the whole kit.

Carol101 12-05-2004 06:13 PM

Shelley: Congrats on the run. I am very, very proud of you. You are awesome!!!

Sherry: I hope PT for Wayne and Drew goes well. They will be doing much, much better in no time.