Old 12-06-2004, 04:34 AM   #16  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

heh happy, sorry I couldn't talk with you in the chat room. I had posted and then run. Don't even know how the chat room works. Will have to figure that out. Just got home now. Good day as far as eating went. Have to do more work here now. Catch you later. . . .
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:38 AM   #17  

Hey all. Happy, I had to laugh at how you found the silver lining in the bleaching. One way to make sure you don't eat. Maybe I should try that.

Red, I hear you on the depressed thing. I have been so tired and sick the last few weeks that EVERYTHING seems to take too much energy. I can guarantee my eating will be PERFECT for the next 31 hours. I am on a clear liquid diet until after my test. At least I can have my caffeine. If I were on no food AND no soda for two days, someone would die. Or I would just decide that since the symptoms are gone, the test isn't worth it. I am also depressed about not finding a good part time job yet. I really need it soon to get my finances straight and get my Lasik surgery.

Lucky, I can't wait to hear more about your new place. Happy, I hope things work out for yours too.

Raven, Pony is actually doing well. We are working on the canter, and my seat issues.

Chachee- send Bat. I need him urgently. I need to lose 7 pounds to get to my lowest weight of the year. I think that will set me up nicely for 2005.

Oh well. Off to payroll. Talk to you all later.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:42 AM   #18  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Okay, here we go. We cannot let these next few weeks get all of us down. I hate the holidays just for the pure amount of crap food always laying around. My big challenge is to not eat more cookies than I make this coming weekend. Ugh. I know I can do it. Got up this morning, worked out, made a nice healthy breakfast, packed a nice healthy lunch and got my rear in gear. I had a very busy weekend and didn't resort to food to make me feel better or less tired! That is a good thing.

I'm sorry we are feeing a little "down in the dumps" lately, but we need to get those bad thoughts and feelings out of our heads. I know the first of the year is coming and I am already off to a good start with what I did this year. I feel so much better than I did last year at this time, and I know even next year will be better than that! I just gotta want it more than I do those sweet bites! And boy, oh boy, do I want it!

I have my check up tomorrow with my surgeon. Then off on Wednesday, as it's the in-laws last day here, then my son starts preschool on Thursday. I'm baking all weekend and then delivering the goodies on Monday. I'll keep a few of them around the house, but not too much!

Hi to all, even though I don't have time to address everyone individually. I hope things fall into place for you all and get geared up for the new Basic year!

Oh, and Jolly, Bat is on his way....

Happy MONDAY!!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:54 AM   #19  

Chachee, I love your changing weight counter. So cute. You are right about a lot of things. I don't want to be a statistic. one of the majority that gain 5-10 pounds over the holidays. I want to get off the 8 pounds I have gained. Get back to my lowest weight of 2004. Reestablish good eating and working out habits. And really take off for 2005. I can do it. We all can do it.

Here's to us. To putting ourselves and our health first. To treating ourselves as good as we treat others. With as much care. Heck, a lot of times I treat my dogs better than I treat myself. So here's to us.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:11 AM   #20  

Good morning all. Real quiet here. I hope everyone is doing well.

I had my test yesterday, and nothing serious was found. No treatment needed. Other than needing more fiber in my diet Hurray. I guess I was more worried about it than I realized. I feel so much more energized and raring to go today. I had been so tired and drained. I even made it to the gym this morning.

I hope everyone else is good, and posting soon.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:51 AM   #21  

Helloooooooooo?

Helloooooooooo?

Still real quiet here. Well, on the plus side, I did make it to the gym today. I did 20 minutes of cardio, and 3 sets of lower body weights. My food choices are slowly improving, but I need to get a lot better if I want to make my lowest weight by the end of the year.

Where is everyone? How are houses, farms, jobs, etc coming? Weight loss efforts? Holiday preparations?

Hope to hear from someone soon.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:08 PM   #22  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Howdy all.

The in-laws are gone. My house is getting back to "normal" if it ever has been that way!

My son started preschool today. We visited again yesterday for two hours and he was able to eat lunch and play with the kids. It was good for all of us--a little easier to let go of his little hand knowing he knew kids there. Still tough, but he's so dang independent that it helps.

Baking this weekend for my annual Christmas cookies and gifts. Will end up with about 200 dozen cookies--about 10 different recipes. Will try to be good. The only thing that will really challenge me is my fudge. Pure unadulterated sugar! I'll try to only have one piece. What I usually try to do is get the cookies baked, cooled, and then into the tins and containers so I don't have any left over. I'm making over 15 containers, so it should be easy to get it out the door!

I'm happy things are good with your results, Jolly. Eat more fiber...hmmm...hello All Bran!

Well, not much else is going on. Hope everyone is well!

Chach
Old 12-09-2004, 07:27 PM   #23  

Hi guys, remember me? I've been out of it for a few weeks and missed you guys a bit! How are things?
I've been up to my ears in projects and just not taking time to be here, but I wish you all well and hope to have a few updates on how things are going.
I'm ok, haven't lost much more weight. I gained the last three weeks and am pretty upset with myself, but I am in control just the same. I think it's the holidays?
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:36 PM   #24  

Wow. POSTS! Good to hear from you Derry. Chachee, I hear you on the holiday cooking. I am making batches of English toffee this weekend to give to my staff. Yummmm. I just have to make sure I leave some for them.

Oh well. One day at a time.

ttfn
Old 12-10-2004, 07:04 AM   #25  

Hi again!
I've not started my holiday baking yet, which is really scaring me. I have a Christmas party to go to at my husband's office (yes, he's still working for the boss from ___) and I am really worrying about what kind of food will be there. I'm driving from NH to Boston to go there, so won't be drinking, at least - just diet soda! I hope there is some kind of "lite" food there for me. I'll be hungry unless I have something before leaving to go in there.... am thinking about a salad and chicken broth before leaving?
Will be working out and drinking tons of water today?
I keep wondering about Christmas traditional foods and why we (me included) definately have to make all this stuff, then I live in fear of eating it. I had a frank discussion with the family at dinner this week. I asked everyone to share with me what special foods they expected to have as part of their holiday and what was most important to them. If they didn't mention it, I don't think I'm going to make it!
Linda
Old 12-10-2004, 09:36 AM   #26  

That's a really good idea - only making the special foods people mention. Just hope someone thinks to mention a main meat I am having my dad over on Christmas, and making MY favorites. I am also planning a family dinner in January. I have a stepsister who does not celebrate holidays, so we never see her on the main occasions family gets together. So, I am making all my Thanksgiving favorites, and cramming everyone over to my house.

Well, I did make it to the gym again today. EAting is still off. I really need to work on that. I also need to make a conscious effort to start journaling again. That helps me so much.

Have a good day all. Have a safe trip to Boston, Derry. And hope to hear from everyone soon.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:08 PM   #27  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello all.

Whew, one day down in the preschool books! He had a wonderful time and told me all kinds of stories about all the girls in his class. So neat that he is beginning this phase of his life and in such a great place.

Jolly: Good job on the gym. I kinda flubbed up this week and didn't do the treadmill, but I think I was just under too much stress with the inlaws here. Toffee, huh? That sounds good.

Linda: My tradition of baking cookies is also what I give out for a lot of gifts. So, it's not so much to keep and eat around the house. It's more like Combat Cooking--get it all done in two days and deliver it all the third day. I leave about two dozen goodies around the house for us, but we are usually burned out by the time the cookies leave.

We are having light/fat free chicken parmesan for Christmas dinner. I made a huge Turkey Day meal, so I'm not doing it at Christmas.

Alrighty, then, have a wonderful trip, Linda, and hi to everyone else.

Jolly, start your ovens!!!!!

Chach
Old 12-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #28  

Hello all. Awfully quiet here. Everyone busy with holiday preparations??? I have had a nice weekend. Have all my gifts but one bought. This is way early for me. Working on cards tonight. Made some candy with my stepsister yesterday, and most of it is still here. Late night last night. I did not make it to the gym this morning, but I am going to do my yoga tape in a bit. So, sort of 50/50 for effort.

I hope everyone else is well. And that I hear more soon.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:44 PM   #29  

Hi guys!
Boston went well, but I did eat lots more than I should have, but with WW, that is what flex points are for! It was such a foggy and pouring rain night and a long ride like that was really hard, especially when I am not used to traffic and am not 100% sure of where I am heading!
I made my usual cheese balls that are tradition in our family each year at Christmas and they are tucked in the refrigerator waiting for when my family comes next Saturday and when we travel to my husband's side of the family. I will get to have them, but not as my own personal food and pig out, will share with a group each time and have a reasonable portion!
I have planned to cook a prime rib dinner next Saturday and will also have a reasonable portion of that! Will try to be a "good girl" and save tons of flex points for Saturday night and the following weekend, when it's the real Christmas - we're actually spending two weekend in a row of celebration - one with each side of the family.
On Christmas Eve, with just my own family, we are going to have fondue, which we usually have with sauteed artichoke hearts, baked potato and salad. We'll have a shrimp coctail beforehand and probably some wine. I'm just not going to worry about points on Christmas Eve!
Hoping that there are healthy choices at my in laws!
Linda
Old 12-13-2004, 12:03 AM   #30  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey ladies,

Well on top of everything else that's going on in my life, I am now dealing with a strained back. I was in a class all this week and the chair was uncomfortable. The long commute home in the car didn't help and on Saturday I coughed slightly as I was walking from the car and the next thing I know I could not move. I was barely able to make it into the house and within 2 hours I had my husband take me to the emergency room. Why now when we have 3 weeks until the move? And I have more stuff than ever now that we are taking a short term apartment instead of moving right into a house. Guess it's like the hubbie says, nothing much I can do but take it easy and not make things worse.

I'm glad I don't have time to make those infernal Christmas cookies as I surely don't need them nor could I resist them. As it is we are trying to empty out the house. I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet and next weekend is the last weekend before Christmas. I think it's definitely a year for gift certificates and I hope everyone understands. Will make it up next year.

I was supposed to do my cards this weekend too but seeing as how I can't sit for more than an hour at a time, that didn't get done either. We knew things were going well - perhaps too well up to this point. I just hope I am not starting a run of bad luck.

Good to hear that things turned out ok for you Jolly. Hands out of the toffee containers tho. I would have a hard time resisting sampling as I love toffee.

Linda, the sauteed artichoke hearts sound terrific. How do you make them? Good for you saving up on points for your various celebrations.

Chachee, did you get all your sewing projects completed?

Hellos to Red and Kathy and Raven. Keep the faith peoples, catch you on the other side...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote