Amazing Autumn Royal Adventure Ii! All Welcome!! - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 10:41 PM   #106  

Oooohhhhh Wildfire! It looks so cozy!! I hate house shopping too...
despise it is really the better word...

and thanks for compliments... and I agree, I could stop and continue to rely on good slimming underpinnings....
Which I probably will still need even 7.5 pounds from now... The # I chose is the absolute top of the range for my age and height and my motivation is to make lifetime so I go for free and that I do want to be a leader...

Someone else suggested I try for a few pounds below what I chose so I could truthfully say " I lost 100 lbs.." ... I'm perfectly content to say " I lost nearly 100.."

Time to go check how I did on Ebay!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:09 AM   #107  
deleted2

I love photos! Kaylets, you look great and very much like I thought you'd look. What a transformation--the pics tell it all! Thanks for sharing.

And Wildfire, you're right--you won't sleep till you find out if it's yours. I'm crossing all my digits and limbs and anything else that overlaps on your behalf. It's a great house!

Lovely tree, Cerise! Yes, I want to see it decorated too.

In case any of the royals don't know, Queen Cerise has started a Christmas thread in misc. clubs. Please check it out!

Arabella, such good behavior at the parties. I attended my first Xmas party Saturday night and contented myself w/ cheese and no sugar. Actually, not true. I had a tiny bite of a glorious homemade cheesecake. Very good and one tiny bite was enough to make me want the whole cake. That's why I decided to give up sugar--it's like I'm an addict. Better to just not start. Thank God for the cheese and vegetable tray!

Well Friends, this is my Victorian Christmas week. It's a lot of fun, but I'll practically live at work all week. Dear Garry helped me gather greenery and decorate the house Saturday and Sunday, so that part's out of the way. We'll see hundreds of people this week and Friday we'll take the greens out of the house and it'll be all over. And I'll be cleaning holly leaves, pine needles and nandina berries out of the historic house until July.
Anyway, I have to get creative with food this week. Can't slip now and it would be so easy being surrounded with cookies, fudge, etc!

Old 12-06-2004, 07:21 AM   #108  

Hmm - I thought I posted a long one yesterday but I hadn't slept much the night before so Lord knows what key I hit or when but it seems to have been eaten by the cyber demons. Nothing lost to posterity but wanted you to know I was "in the court".

Kaylets, how great you look! And so nice to put a face to the name.

Wildfire, the house looks so perfect! I can see why you're anxious to get it and have myself twisted in knots hoping it goes well.

Cerise, you are right! It is the PERFECT tree. And what a grand experience you had. We used to go chopchop when our kids were little but not with so many sweet amenities as your trek had.

Arabella - glad the party went so well. And yours too Wildfire but I know you were expecting yours to. I like your SB holiday adaptation, Arabella and commend you for doing so well.

I do have a good life, Cerise, but not without angst and drama at lots of times. Yes, the aneurysm was very painful for dh and not being sure he'd make it was awful for me. But we've had two years now to make sure everything that needs to be said and done is said and done and I'm very grateful for that time.

Hope to finish decorating except for the tree by this evening and do that later in the week. I'm really enjoying it all this year because i'm not also involved with getting ready to be away for two months. Wore newest Christmas sweater to craft fair yesterday and felt very ""in the moment". An annual thing w/sister but this time w/her almost four grandson so not much serious shopping accomplished. She's babysitting while parents and older bro. are in France this week. Unfortunately a very dear friend of hers passed away and she must give Colin to other grands two days early so she can go to out of town funeral. I feel badly for her and for the family but not for dear Kay herself who suffered immeasurably the last year and a half. So sad.
And DS was so looking forward to so much time with Colin.

Recent music question - Christmas CD occasionally inhouse; in car, an alljazz station and/or my latest Arcona Reel Band tape. But plan to find an all Christmas station as soon as I think of it when I'm in the car.

Stomach problem seems to be improving somewhat. Dr. has given me option of being part of a trial of a new med which 'MIGHT' help. I've done these before and had good results but am not sure I want to w/all the med stuff that goes on aroundhere already. But have proposal to read and am leaning towards it in some ways because that's the way I've usually been and in a way it is a way of "putting myself out there" to improve (hopefully) my life. Good luck, Cerise, on your "putting out there" venture. Those young guys do sound more interested in the music you can make and good for them!

Hre we go, Monday, here we go!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:27 AM   #109  

Eydie, it all sounds so lovely (except for the work involved and the temptations everywhere). But as a visitor of historic places, it sounds so darling!

wsw, thinking of you as usual and hoping all comes together soon so you can come back to the court where you are loved.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:34 AM   #110  

HEllo all!

yes, it is "Here we go Monday, Here we go!".....

First time in a long time I feel in tune w/ the hour, the day etc....
Have a few speed bumps to get over but at this distance only appear to be speed bumps and I am pacing my worry energy so I am trying not to project....

Eydie! I don't envy you w/ so much holiday fare and so much excitement at the house.... We will miss you but will be there in spirit with you... in fact, I think I see a perfect window which we could all gather... Things will will work out!

Anagram! In the moment!! and I'm sure the holiday sweater nover looked better....

Ceara! How is your ear??? I almost resisted but just have to add, My Dear?

YIKES __ I think I might be on verge of just outright silliness and tomfoolery...
Not very regal but then again.... perhaps I am impersonating as the jester??

Thought of the day :

"Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow."
-Alice Mackenzie Swaim
Question of the day :

"Which one of your teachers/professors would you like to take to lunch?"

must be off....
KETTLE IS ON!

PS--Thanks for all the nice things everyone is saying about the pics!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:22 AM   #111  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Happy Monday!

Good morning, Your Excellencies!
Wow! What a surprise to see so many posties this morning -- it's great! I'm back to work this morning, with -- natch! -- a double load. Ah well... WI is at noon and I'm hopeful for a nice little loss

Speaking of crossed things --- Wildfire, how exciting!!! The house looks wonderful. Am crossing everything crossable which, lamentably, is a longer list than it used to be

Kaylets -- WOW!!! You look fantastic! What a lovely figure you have!

Eydie, I know what you mean about the bite of cheesecake. It's like the food version of AA: a whole cheesecake isn't enough and a single bite's too much. Interesting, though, I really never had the same effects from the date treats.

Anagram, I loved your description of being in your sweater and in the moment at the crafts fair!

WSW, if you're lurking

Oh, alright then. Back to dreaded salt mines. Love to all! Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 12-06-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:55 AM   #112  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

This is going to be short. My typing skills are dead. Got in from IL at 4 in the morning and am whipped...drove DD to the U because she left her lights on yesterday and the car is dead...just got back. I'm gonna unpack a bit and puddle 'til I go to work and CRASH when I get home.

Arabella...hope your WI is a good one.
Geesh Kay! What a difference...sorry the e-bay is down.

to all! Took me a few minutes to read through and I still can't type!

TTYL

Ceara
Old 12-06-2004, 01:12 PM   #113  

Wow, there was much posting on the weekend. I did not post at all on Friday becuase I had a nutso type day, and the weekend, well...my at home computer capability is not quite up to speed. I am a bit of a luddite if truth be told. So it is only at work that the real computing gets done.

I woke up to a fresh coat of snow. It actaully makes me a bit happy becuase it seems like Christmas now as opposed to just being cold and brown out.

I am slowly losing the will to journal, which is quite a problem becuase it is how I keep myself in check. There is nothing like writing down "ate entire box of toffee" to keep one from eating an entire box of toffee. Speaking of which...well, you will never imagine what I ate this weekend. Guesses? Anyone?

Cerise, I am so happy for you with the dancing and the bands. I used to dance and I still love it. I am looking for good adult classes arround here. I used to sing as well, but only jazz. I have not doen a gig in years, but I still miss it. Hopefully the nice young men will take a shine to your vocal stylings.

So many wonderful pictures. Fabulous.

At any rate, i must get back to work. Aparently there is a world out there that needs to be saved one report at a time.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:34 PM   #114  
Empress/Queen

Brevity mode again ... sorry ... I'm sort of edging back into things on 3FC ... posted a "Foodwatch" thread for no-frills menu logging if anyone's in the mood to do that with me ... I gotta get a grip on this eating stuff ... have activated all my calorie spreadsheets and logs ... truthfully, my eating's WAY howdy outta control, a symptom of the general state of my outta controlness ...

Om shanti, Cerise ... "... and if you get the chance ... to sit it out or dance ... I hope you dance ... I hope you dance ..."

To all, mentioned or unmentioned ... well, you know!
Old 12-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #115  

Yikes - it's been the day from he** here today. Some times the stars are just not in proper alignment. But it will be better and so far I'm only one gumdrop away from a good day 3FC wise. Tomorrow's another day, etc. Of course, it's supposed to be another rainy day but I'll just borrow a little sunshine from the court.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:35 AM   #116  
deleted2

Rainy day here too, Anagram. Oh well, let's turn up the heat and have another cup of tea.

Yesterday I got home earlier than I thought and cooked all our food for the week. A Greek lentil soup and an Indian vegetable soup, 2 brocolli quiches, some brown rice, an apple-spice cake [sugarless, of course ], and a couple of different cheese spreads. I feel very well off now, and if I have any dietary slips this week it'll be because I panicked and not because I'm not prepared!

Seecat, you lucky girl--you have snow!

Wildfire, what's the word on the house? Any movement there?

Cerise, what do you hear from the musicians? So exciting!

The house at the Homestead is all decorated. It's beautiful! I'm not crafty at all, but when you get enough greenery and just lay it around you can't go wrong. Always amazes me.

Where's our Xmas smilies?

Have a great day, my friends. Dodge those sugar plums!

Old 12-07-2004, 07:46 AM   #117  

HEllo all!

Yes, Edyie, sometimes the simplicity is more beautiful and serene than we realize....
Our thoughts run the same path this am...

I too have a few things already cooked for the week-- It's like a FIRST AID KIT but for FOOD WATCHING....

hmmmmmm......

Well, speaking of simplicity.... I made a deal w/ myself to just stick to the basic WW program, don't get creative, don't sweat the small stuff... AND...
this week I saw another loss... tiny bit more than a pound...
Which makes a total of 25.2 lbs since I joined the live meetings last Jan...
Guess that's a success... nothing the infomercials would brag about but.....
ITS GONE!!

Interesting how the minute we try to make things complicated we start to make things very messy......

Thought of the day:

"Many acts of service cost nothing and take little time: encouragement, compliments, listening, gratitude and compassion. Any time you affirm the worth of others, you serve.
----Chris Karcher

Question of the day :
" Name your all time most favorite meal."

here 's to good day for all of us!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:43 AM   #118  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Faire Ones!

Still got this darn sinus thing happening. I was so sure that getting off the sugar would cure it. I guess I'll have to work harder on it, and failing all other attempts, go to the doctor. I read in Body and Soul about someone curing a sinus infection by mixing cayenne and water and breathing it in. However, it wasn't really clear if they'd just inhaled vapours or actually snuffled the stuff up through the nose and I want to be REALLY clear on that issue before I give it a shot. I think that the writer almost had an NDE, saw God, etc. I'm going to do a search and see what I can find...

Lost 1.6 at WI yesterday. Still up 1 from the 3 I gained in the fall. I have to admit to being a bit disappointed, having vague thoughts of giving up this huge effort. Not going to do it, I guess. What? Try harder? I suppose... It's so much easier when I feel well and clear-headed, so I'll work harder towards that, too.

Sibling housing issue update -- Found out that my brother does have heat in his part of the house, just doesn't have hot water at the moment. He's still got problems that need fixing and no money to do it, but there isn't the extreme crisis that I feared. I invited him over to dinner last night and made chili (core WW -- yay!) and cinnamon rolls. The men ate all that and some whole wheat rolls along with it while I just had chili.

Kaylets, WTG on the loss -- you're such an inspiration! Re: QoD -- seafood, definitely. Maybe crab/avocado salad to start, lobster for the main with asparagus and rice pilaf. Something lemony or chocolate for dessert.

Eydie, that sounds like an amazing amount/assortment of food to put together, but how great to have it all done. You're right -- it's so much easier when you've got the good stuff readily available.

Anagram, hope your evening was pleasant and relaxing! Good for you, staying within a gumdrop of a good 3FC day (legally, I believe one can claim a good day when one is within a gumdrop).

Wildfire, it's all still crossed -- pls. inform as to when I can uncross.

SeeCat, where do you live? Still got your snow? "Saving the world, one report at a time" I do similarly crucial work myself, informing the public about technology. Which I'm just putting off at the moment. Does anyone even notice?

Ok -- enough with the procrastination, I guess. Salt mines, here I come. Love to all, mentioned or un-. Let's get out there and make this a good one!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:06 AM   #119  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

YES Arabella! A gone is a gone! Have a And you Kaylets....WTG!...a for you too!

Yes, yesterday was a day from He** for me too....I tell you. Deep breaths.

The typing is slightly better this morning...I 'm catching up so to speak on the sleep.

Today is my last storytime/toddlertime for this year...bittersweet moment........and YEAH! One more morning free! Now I may be able to wash the walls in the bathroom where I stripped off the paper ...that was 2 1/2 weeks ago ...an effort to not eat everything in the house one Saturday after a major disagreement with DS. It worked.

QOD...meatloaf, baked potato and baked squash. That is a comfort meal for me....Hmmm...wonder if I can find some squash for tonight.

Gotta run and figure out my books...I have a ton of 'em home..for this morning. I love Christmas books and there are so many beautiful ones out there....

to all...posters, brevities and lurkers!

Ceara
Old 12-07-2004, 09:18 AM   #120  
Empress/Queen

Still in brevity mode but wanted to say hi and CONGRATS TO ALL WHO'RE REPORTING LOSSES ... I think that's K and Arabella today but probably have missed some so CONGRATS TO ALL LOSERS, MAINTAINERS AND THOSE WHO MAY BE UP BUT WILL SOON BE DOWN! (I'm weighing in again in a few hours and will change my sig if some of that water weight is gone)!

Thanks be to s E and K who've deigned to join the Foodwatch Club. The logging with friends be so much more satisfying to me than journaling alone ... I really got a handle on the cals yesterday because of it and I'd like to keep the FW club going forevermore here in the royal environs.

I'm also embarking on an hour-a-day exercise (total, I'll break it up because I'm so blah these days) challenge until January 3. I'm posting this on a previous challenge thread in the land far, far away as we still have active challengers on that thread and I want to be supportive and their support really helps me, in turn.

Arabella, I feel for thy brother as I don't have hot water anymore either ... I refuse to put in another water heater right now ... in Arizona the pipes in old houses (like mine) usually keep the water hot enough for bathing ... and in the winter, I can heat enough for a bath on the stove but usually just shower in the gym (it gets me there and hence I workout more often).

Gotta go ... will be back!
Closed Thread