Amazing Autumn Royal Adventure Ii! All Welcome!! - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 08:38 AM   #31  

Morning, all. Lunch will be the doggie bag from last night's dinner - l cabbage roll and part of my salad. Yum. Stomach is improving enough that I dared the cabbage roll and fortunately (unlike poor Kaylets) have had no ill effect. And yes, I use coupons though I hate the whole business.

And I love the understanding DH of Wildfire. And the Irishman too for saving said W. from herself.

Having been having long conversations w/me again. Want to give up on this weight loss (because I'm not losing) - just must remind self that we don't want to gain back 45 pounds nor go to less healthy eating. Do we? Well, sometimes we get we just don't cae but then I could no longer be a Queen. So.....

Had a startling "ME" moment the other night when I realized just how stressed out I've been about dh possibly needing to go back on dialysis. So I sat and played solitaire on the computer while I analyzed all this. One, It's not about ME; he's the one who would have to endure and I would feel sad and supportive. I can do that. If it's to be home dialysis, I really don't have a lot of physical strenth to do some of the rearranging, etc. that would need to be done to accommodate. So like wsw, I realized I will have to ask for what help is needed. I have two children, I have siblings (who are not, frankly, much help to me, except for one), I have young neighborhood boys who might be hired, etc. It's amazing how things can be destressed once you pinpoint exactly what the stresses are. It still won't be easy but it can be done if it must be done. And so far he's just this side of the line. Of course, he's refusing to consider the possibility yet and I'm definitely a worry(plan)-ahead of time type. Son will be travellign an 8 day stretch and SIL a ten day stretch in January and I see this coming to a head then. I'm sure at least some of these trips will overlap as SIL often is a speaker/panelist and mtgs of son's organization.

On to more cheerful things. Any fun Thanksgiving plans? I'm working hard on it all and MIGHT have everything together in the next two days. The GOOD part is that all eight of us will be together for a day or two or three. (and I'll use that time to recruit their help for when needed). I'll be recuperating for a week. Should go well. Four and Eight really LOVE the Crown Prince so he will get to keep them entertained some of the time.

Well, on to brekkie. Slimfast this morning but still can't find my flavor/type. I'm sure it's bit the dust.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:58 PM   #32  
Spreadin' the luv.

Smile "Where am I? What day is it?!?"

Oy - that's how I felt when the alarm went off. I was in such a sound sleep that it took me at least 5 seconds to turn the damned thing off. So I guess I slept well...

It's a typical fall day in Seattle. Gray, still and chilly. Most fall and winter days are like that unless the wind starts to blow, then it's decidedly unpleasant. Having spent two summers here now I'm able to say with conviction that I prefer all the seasons to summer in this city. The heat, the crazies, the noise and the smells are so much worse in the summer...the rain and cold and fog dampens it all down a bit, thank god. I took a big breath of relief when the hot weather finally broke.

Anagram, I admire your evaluation of your stress. I know most people would feel completely justified in totally losing their minds, if only temporarily, when faced with something as major as a spouse possibly needing dialysis. You're such a strong woman, but if you don't feel strong sometimes, come in and tell us about it, OK?

Kaylets, you poor thing! You must have felt rotten! Good for you for sleeping so long last night. Why don't I ever do that?

QOD: Ladies, lunch today is an indication of how I've been eating in general for the last few months (years, decades...). A pre-packaged mediterranian pasta salad (very greasy, not very tasty) from a local deli, a bag of chips (small, thank gawd) and a pre-packaged ice-cream-cone. Aaaaagh!!!

Ceara, what is UP with your life lately??? You listed something like 5 separate things that are causing you stress, and they all sound kind of major. What're the chances of you getting a massage somewhere? Sending out sympathy vibes for you...

old QOD: No. I hate coupons.

Wildfire, your Irishman sounds like a great guy. Kudos to your husband for being cool like 'dat. It's funny - jealousy seems to be something that's taken for granted in the average Western relationship. I've had people tell me that Ramon and I just aren't...right when they hear how permissive we are with each other. Do you get that too? God, what are we so afraid of? Do they think that if they catch their wife drooling over the actor in some movie that she's going to run off and screw around? I swear...

Dude, I know that people of size dance, I hear you, but not that I've ever seen, and I mean that. I've never seen a person of size enjoying themselves on a dance floor, except when the place had mirrors, 'cause I'm the ONLY ONE I KNOW WHO DOES!!! Take back the dance floors, that's what I say! Seattle's got a bunch of clubs who have a Big/Beautiful night, but I'm not into that. I want to dance with every body type. (That just means I want to get jiggy with a young, tight 22-year-old. Not that Ramon minds... ) Anyway, I figure that since I love getting up offa my thing, no matter how embarrassed I feel, I should at least get good at it, right?

Om Shanti, 'rantha. How you doin'?

OK, have a good day, honeys. I'm going to sip water and try to wallow in the feeling of having eaten too much of the wrong stuff. Maybe it'll keep me from doing it again for a while.

Last edited by Cerise; 11-23-2004 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #33  
Spreadin' the luv.

Exclamation

Um, I lost all of your addresses, by the way. Stupid of me, I know. I want to send you holiday cards. So, if you're OK with me knowing where you live, can you PM me your info?

I'd really like to know your B-Days, too. Really, really, really. I'd like to victimize you properly on that special day. I'll give you mine...next one's my 30th!!!

Last edited by Cerise; 11-23-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #34  

Hello,
I have been a regular lurker and I think it is time to delurk. So hi! I have been posting of 3FC for a little while and have just been looking for a good place to be. I am on my very first diet, not becuase I have not needed to lose weight in the past, but becuase I was in denial. Now I am on weight watchers and have been since September. I am generally pretty committed and have done fairly well thus far, but I can feel my resolve slipping. I am 32 and kind of artsy. I also cook quite a lot, buy organic and generally try to resist the temptation of processed foods, but I am also prone to eating complete crap if I do not concentrate. I loathe every kind of exercise that I have tried except for hiking and cross country skiing, but I live in a city so neither of these have become as much a part of my routine as I would like them to be. I live with two cats and one boyfriend and one plant that I have not yet killed, but realistically it is only a matter of time till the plant joins all of the others that have met their fate at my hands. Well, thats about it.
Molly
Old 11-24-2004, 06:39 AM   #35  

Hello all!

Am 100% with the addresses, will respond probably tonight or tomorrow! GREAT IDEA!

Anagram--its so true--- I find w/ myself, its when I'm in the shower or the brain is on autopilot that often the worry I've been avoiding sneaks up on me...
And yes, me too, realizing that I am overwhelmed and need help is often the worst of it for me....

And then, so often, I find out that if I had just spoken up sooner, I would've found more than one option .....

Office is closing at 3 today.... Monday the phones were busy but much of it seemed to be either folks w/ emergencies or folks who honestly sounded very lonesome.....
Yesterday was quieter but again, too many of the calls were folks who were trying to deal w/ the holiday alone.....
Hard to remember that many of us do not spend Thanksgiving the way the commericials on tv show it....
I know I become very nostalgic too....

And believe it or not, its another snack day in the office....
Meatballs and pie is what the email memo said....
YIKES!!

I'll just make sure I've got plenty of herb tea and my own meals .....

SeeCat--- glad you stopped by.. So much of your post could have been written by me.... I am still suprised that all of my sugar/junk/etc cravings are no less at my current weight than when I began...

To everyone-- let's do some deep breathing together--we deserve it--
YES WE DO!
Let's not forget, why we call ourselves royalty!

Thought of the day:

"Learn as if you were going to live forever.
Live as if you were going to die tomorrow."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Question of the day :

"If money and time were no object, what would you like to learn to do ?"

KETTLE IS ON!

Old 11-24-2004, 06:43 AM   #36  
deleted2

Anagram, I love how you were able to reason out all the what-if's. I think I may try to use that strategy. It's great, it's taking control!!!

Kaylets, thanks for the gift of reminding us all to breathe--I needed that!

Cerise, when do you start your lessons? Are you still bellydancing?

Welcome, Seecat!

I hope to fit in some kind of exercise before I start preparing our Thanksgiving feast. Garry's mom and my brother and sister will be joining us. I've already made my pies--pecan and pumpkin--and I sweetened the pumpkin with apple juice concentrate and the pecan one with rice syrup--because I'm determined to stay sugar-less thru the holidays! Time will tell.....

Old 11-24-2004, 01:43 PM   #37  

Good Morning!

I am debating giving myself a day off for thanksgiving. I cannot decide if I would be better off counting points and going way over, or if I am better off not counting and starting fresh tomorow. Or maybe I can behave, but realistically.....

Question o'the day: I would love to learn to play the fiddle and speak french.

My office is open till 5:00 as usual. Kind of a bummer, considering that I will probably get nothing done for the last several hours of the day in anticipation of the holiday and two glorious days off of work.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:28 PM   #38  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Ah-gah-gah-gah-gahhhh

Hello, darlings. No time to talk! Must finish laundry and clean dishes and pack before heading off to the in-laws' house to celebrate Turkey Day (or in my case, Tofu/Mushroom Loaf Day - doesn't have the same ring...). I'm trying new recipes for the loaf (my first vegan loaf!) and the gravy (oil! oil! oil!), also vegan. That way my in-laws won't ply me with bloody gardenburgers during the traditional meal. Don't get me wrong - I love gardenburgers, but I sure as **** never need them, the amount they cook.

We'll have quite a crowd - Mom and Dad Deslauriers (Ramon's folks), my mom and dad, Nathan my brother (minus his wife - in Italy ), Abram and Christa (Ramon's brother and SIL) and Vicky and Mattew - Ramon's sister and nephew. Whew. Abram and Christa are vegans, so I'll not be alone in fighting off the fake meat.

So, um, have fun, you Americans, and treasured Canadians (can I come live with you until 2008?) - have a good thursday and pardon my blabbing.

Love to all (and welcome, seecat!),

Last edited by Cerise; 11-24-2004 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:45 AM   #39  

Hello all!

Its nearly 70 degrees and foggy this am..... I am fine w/ that so I will put the temperature in the plus side of the column....

A best GF is due at the hospital this am at 7 for her Dad. He is very ill and has been on a ventilator too long... They are removing it this morning and time will tell.... I just saw her email and called her on her cell phone to let her know all she has to do is call my cell phone, even if its to "take a little break" ....
It's very bittesweet for her, throughout this illness, she's been able to reconnect with her Dad and of course, now, both of them are grateful for the reconnection.... both of them wish they had done it sooner....

Reminds me that every moment offers a choice ........

Otherwise, I am moving slowly this morning... actually watched a biography of Elizabeth Taylor w/ my 1st cup of coffee.....
Will cook a turkey mostly for DS (courtesey of DH's job) and the dogs... I may have a bite or two for the taste but am not craving it as I was a month ago...
Otherwise DH is going to make an Eggplant "casserole" rather than a lasagna to eliminate the prep work of an eggplant lasagna...

I expect to be back and forth... may even start a Thanksgiving thread for those of us who may be around....

Big hugs to all... time to start a kettle as I've met my 2 cup coffee limit....

Thought of the day :

"Give your best to the world and the best will come back to you"

Question of the day :

"Do you have a 'video/dvd library' ? "

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 11-25-2004, 08:50 AM   #40  

A Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving to all our American Queens and a super great Thursday to all our Canadian Queens!! Anon.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:48 AM   #41  

Default Or On Plan!! : ) !!!

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS,
MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER
STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #42  
deleted2

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Today I'm having my mother-in-law, and my brother and sister over for the Thanksgiving feast, same as last year. Only last year, I worried about every little detail. This year is so different and I'm telling you, it's because I'm off sugar, that powerful drug!
Yesterday morning I stayed focused and got ALL the cooking done, and then did a 1 hour workout, gave myself a facial, took a bath, and all that by high noon. Then just a bit of cleaning [because I've been able to stay on top of that] and I was able to relax the rest of the day.
And here it is, the day of the event and I'm absolutely serene---and I was up at 5:00 this morning and did 60 min. of Pilates and dumbell exercises. All I have to do is take the stuff out of the fridge and pop it in the oven!

I'm doing a seitan "turkey" this year, Cerise! I think you're lucky that your folks offer you gardenburgers; I've been a vegetarian for 20 years and my family still asks if I want chicken or whatever, like I'm finally going to get over this foolishness!

Old 11-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #43  
wsw

hi everyone! i wanted to wish you all a very happy thanksgiving. i don't have time right now to catch up on all the posts, but i will tomorrow. just know i am thinking of you with a big smile on my face. take good care, all.

lots of love,
wsw
Old 11-25-2004, 05:20 PM   #44  

Hello all!

Yes Eydie!!! You are doing it!! very kewl!

I just came to the realization, that I'm not feeling so hot... not awful but not much energy all day even with a nap...
Ah well... could be worse...
Sure beats just thinking I'm lazy!

Hi WSW!! How is life treating you? Glad you stopped by! I've been thinking of you!

Here's a grin for all of us....

I really like Dr. Phil and this helps.....

I am passing this on because it definitely worked for me, and we all
could use more calm in our lives. By following the simple advice I heard
on a Dr. Phil show, I have finally found inner peace. Dr. Phil
proclaimed "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things
you've started." So I looked around my house to see all the things I
started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning,
I finished off a bottle of Chardonay, a bottle of White Zinfandel, a
bottle of Bailey's, a package of Oreos, the remainder of both Prozac
and Valium prescriptions, the rest of the cheesecake, some saltines and
a box of chocolates. You have no idea how freaking good I feel.

Please pass this on to those you feel are in need of inner peace.

Old 11-25-2004, 07:35 PM   #45  
Hot Stuff

Happy Thanksgiving to our American s!

Cerise, pack your stuff! You and Ramon can stay with me until 2008. Have you seen http://www.sorryeverybody.com ? (No offense intended to any Bush supporters.)

Off to the gym!

Last edited by Wildfire; 11-25-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Closed Thread