Old 11-10-2004, 07:48 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Moms) #292~Hump Day

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:53 AM   #2  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone had a great night. I'm not sure yet if we are going to get more things from the house today, have to wait for a call. Dd has school and dh has to go in for 4 hours tonight, then he's off tomorrow night wooohooo.

Hope those missing come back today and let us know how they are doing.

I snuck a peek this morning and was back down 1 pound of the 1.5 gain, so that started my morning off well. Never did get measurements yesterday because someone (not pointing fingers at kids...) ran off with my tape measure. I got another one yesterday but it's still in my van, so if I get it dh will help me this morning when he gets home.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  

Hey everyone
Today is looking like a busy type day for me. I have a ton of housework to ctach up on. We were all sick last week so things sort of got put off. Today is my first day home this week so far so the load is pretty heavy. I am really proud of ym exercise I got yesterday and I am thinking of going for a run this eve when my hubby gets home. I havent run outside for awhile..sort of run and walk...*smiles*. I went to a Parent Advisory meeting last night , they had snacks of pitas and dip and crackers and cheese. I had some , but didnt feel like I over ate. My DD'S are in "moods" today ick
anyway , I will post again this afternoon.

cheers
phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:19 AM   #4  

p.s how do you change your weight on your ticker thing?

Phoenix
Old 11-10-2004, 08:20 AM   #5  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Morning Ladies

Well, I'm here. Can you believe it. I didn't know I could be so busy, I mean too busy to come by here.

Deana, wtg on that pound gone forever. Never want to see it again.

Spryng, so glad you are enjoying your new job. Wierd with you not around here as much, but we are happy for you.

Welcome Phoenix, I'm Crystal, 27 yo, sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, Andrew will be two on Dec. 1st and I'm due Feb. 1st with the last one. Little girl. I found this place and stuck around even after I got pregnant, because for one I'm addicted, lol. And for two, this is all the support and motivation anyone needs to accomplish their goal. I homeschool and live in Texas. Glad you found us and would love to learn more about you.

Hi to Jill, Penny, Mel, Michelle, Chris, Jaymi, Amy, Angel, and all you other sahm's out there. Hope you all have a great day.

Well, yesterday dh and I were gone ALL day getting things done for the house. We didn't get all accomplished we had wanted, but did make a dent in it. We haven't gotten to school in two days because of all this so today we are playing catch up and I need to meet my sister somewhere between here and where she lives to give her something she needs from me. Otherwise, I hope to stay home and chill out.

I slept okay, Alisa woke up and had thrown up in her bed, luckily just on the top cover and that was I had to replace at the time, but she feels fine. Just a freak thing I guess. Andrew woke up two or three times and I ended up sleeping with him for a bit. I'd love a nap today, but we'll see.
Tomorrow is our next Girl Scout meeting at a skating rink, Alisa's never been. And Saturday we have our first fund raiser to attend, and it's outside and the weather is callin for rain and the high in the 50's. YEAH!!!
Oh well, take it, right?

Oh yeah, almost forgot. We came up with the Allison's middle name. Now let me tell you it's an OLD name but it's totally wierd how it came to me. If you remember, the name Allison came to me in a dream for some reason. Well so did this one, but what's weirder is the name is my grandma's name. She died when I was 6 months old so I never knew her and I never would have referred to her by her first name, but for some strange reason in my dream her first name was Allison's middle name. It was my dad's mom and when I told him this I could tell how happy he was that dh agreed to let us use it...Allison Wynell. That is pronounce like W, long i, nell. As in the sound of fell. It's not our favorite, but Andrew's names, both of his names, come from dh's family and this way our last one will have a name from my family.

Anyways, Allison Wynell it is. Okay, gotta get school prepared and then breakfast. Hope you all have a great day. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:31 AM   #6  
Sherry

Goodmorning ladies!
I'm starting to feel better today. At least I'm going to work. I still don't feel 100% but hopefully by the time we leave this weekend I will. Going to try to get a work out in but I don't know how long I'll last but I'll try.

Crystal, I really like that name. I've never heard of it but it's so different! Cute!

Pheonix, good job on just a few snacks atyour meeting. did you get out for your run? I've always wanted to be a runner but just can't get into it! By the way, I'll kinda be in your neck of the woods this weekend, we're coming up to Niagara falls. How's the weather?

Deanna, good job on the loss already. Could have just been water wt. Did you eat anything salty? That's why they say don't way yourself every day but I can't follow that rule either! LOL!

have a good day all! Check back later.
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:10 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladies~!

Sorry, I've been sooo busy. This Exercise and takin care of my little ones is taking lots of time. Obviosly, I always take care of the kids, but the daily/gruling exercise is making me busy busy busy. Ya know. I figure, If I spend a bit less time here and a bit more time moving I'd accomplish more. I still haven't lost any weight...ewwww....but I measured my body so I can see progress better. Food is getting more difficult, since TOM should be here next week sometime. Maybe I'll see the loss right after that. WE'll see.

Hi Dean! How's curves?

Crystal, did you get the foundation poured?

Cindi, how r u'r feet today? Just think, those tired feet are makin money....YES!!!

HI, Sherry, Roxy, Michelle, Kristin, SPryng.

Where r ya Penny. I called ya yesterday, but I think I got brad. Did ja get the message?

Welcome, Phoenix, you can see who I am...lol. ENjoy the group.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:47 AM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning ladies!

This is an over cast dreary morning, Blech! All my little tornados are still sleeping! I don't know how that happened but I'm not complaining! Lots of housework to do today. After I post if they are still asleep, I'm going for my walk and see if I can blow some of the cobwebs out of my head.

Crystal- I really do like that name! It sounds like it was a family name a one point. One of these days Allison is going to be an adult and she's going to really appreciate that you put so much thought into her moniker! BTW- what are you doing for her birth? Marty was a waterbirth. It was the fastest, gentlest, easiest birth I've ever had. You are getting closer, be good to yourself today!

Phoenix- Glad you are getting your exercise in. I'm not a runner either. I do believe ya have to edit your signature with a new ticker again. Go there C &P. Unless someone does it a quicker way. Have a great day.

Sherry- Hope your feeling better today, work doesn't stop when MoM is sick, does it?

Deana- See! Knew you'd be down! A Pound is a pound! Have fun a curves today!

Mel- I hope you are feeling better too! TOM are soooo much fun aren't they (heavy sarcasm). Have a better day, busy Mommy.

Hi to all of you other Mom out there, it was quiet yesterday please post!

I'm going to sneek in my walk now!
TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning ladies!!

Sorry I didn't get back here last night but I went to bed at 7 and slept til 7 this morning lol I fell asleep with my laptop on my lap so I decided to call it a night and get a nice full nights sleep

Deana you are doing great hang in there!! I hope you get a good workout in

Penny where the heck are you??

Mel with all that busy stuff you are doing you must be burning off some major calories How are the little ones?

Spryng I'm so glad you are enjoying your training for work so far!! Have fun being a business person we do miss seeing you throughout the day though

Roxy have fun on your walk!!

Sherry I'm glad you are feeling better Any big plans today?

Crystal, so what did you do yesterday? Pick out windows and doors? Fixtures? I LOVE that kind of stuff!! Do tell Do tell!!

Okay I'm going to make some oatmeal for bfast since me and the kids are hungry buggers!!

TTYL!!
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:45 AM   #10  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! Glad to see there are more than 2 of you that posted! I have some exciting news! my BIL (bachelor) built a gym in his garage with everything that I would need to work out, and we didn't want to ask, but he said we could use it for free !!!!! I am so excited, it has a treadmill, eliptical, weights, etc. It is going to be great and save us a TON of money! anyway, today I am staying home and getting some odds and ends done around here! laundry (mt. washmore), some "desk" work, etc.

Deana - can't wait to hear about the inches! Glad that pound is gone! I really want to see a pic of you with all this weight that you have lost!

Michelle - MA'AM, PUT DOWN THE COMPUTER AND GET SOME SLEEP! Glad you got some rest! What are you planning for the day!?

Roxy - still sleeping, gosh, I wish Sydney would sleep in. anymore, she is getting up at like 6am! I guess that could be good, since we should get up and get stuff done! Hope you have a nice walk!

Phoenix - Good job on the limited snacking I think that you just have to go into your signature and click on your ticker to go to it and change it, I am one to talk, I keep forgeting to change mine!

Mel - you are a busy woman. Sounds like you are on a little plateau?? Keep going girl, you are doing sooooo awesome! Take a break ot play a game with the kids or somethign though, I find its so nice and helps to clear my head when sydney and I play, hungry hippos or somethign that makes me laugh for 15 minutes! LOL!

Crystal - yes, I love knowing about fixtures, and such, if you can, post pics of what you picked out. Sounds like you got alot done. Sorry Alisa threw up - sydney has done that....but hers was because her sinus drainage caused her to have lots of it drain to her little tummy, which made her sick.

Sherry - Glad that you are feeling better! Have fun at NIagra Falls -never been there Would love to some day!

Okay - well all is quiet, and with a 3 year old and 3 dogs in the house that can only mean trouble. TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:23 AM   #11  
2BoysMom

Good morning all,

MIA yesterday also...worked all day then was trying to straighten out this darned computer...we had a virus and adware popping up and ruining things. I think I got rid of everything but I also deleted a file I wasn't supposed to so my desktop wallpaper doesn't show. I think I can just make a copy of that file from another computer and copy it to mine..we shall see. I'm not all that computer literate...or I wouldn't have deleted the darn file in the first place...then I emptied the recycle bin so it's completely gone. Oh well. By the time I finished playing it was after 11 and I was too tired to post.

Spryng...you were tired because you were using your brain all day...it's amazing how that happens! Glad you like it so far.

Welcome Phoenix..I'm Geri, part-time SAHM of Will & Tony...my 2 beasties as I call them . You'll love it here.

Hope all of you sickies are feeling better, congrats to all the losers I may have missed!

Crystal..I love Allison's middle name. Both of our boys have family names..first & middle.

Sorry, got to go change a stinky one! Hi to all...TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:39 AM   #12  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies! I am so sorry I have been missing in action. I've missed you gals. I've been staying on dh back about getting the house painted. I am proud to announce that my nagging has finally paid off . Yesterday he spent the whole day painting the house. I feel so much better now. We've put too much work in this house to lose it. Now that the house is almost painted we can have the appraisal done and hopefully close by Christmas. YAY!!

Deana~ Way to go on the 1 pound lost! Keep up the great work.

Phoenix~ I think it's great that even though you ate at the parents meeting you didn't allow yourself to overindulge.

Sydsmom~ That's great news Can I come too . I would love to put a gym in our garage.

Crystal~ How's your house coming along?? I can't wait to see pictures! I am going to have to take some pictures of my house too once it's all painted inside and out.

Sherry~ Hey! I am so glad you're feeling better! You're doing great with your exercise and eating.

Spryng~ I am glad that orientation is going good for you. I can't wait to hear about how you like it when you're working on your own

Hello Mel, Penney and all the other ladies out there..I will be back shortly to post..see you ladies in a bit
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #13  

Hey Everyone
My day is going alright thus far....the kidlings are almost finished their school day. We are spending the rest of the day doing housework...LOTS AND LOTS of housework. I didnt get out to jog yesterday, but I will be going out tonight to do it after the hubby gets home at 8. I think to start I am going to do a mix of running and brisk walking..I am exctied . I really want to be jogging so waht steady by summer.

Crystal : I am a homeschooling mommy as well. Do you find that homeschooing adds another dimension to your weight loss efforts?

Sherri : as for the meeting. ya I was pretty proud of myself for having some and stopping. Prior to last night I would either sit there the entire time and snack snack snack or stay so far away from them as to not even be tempted but not being able to to think about what we were discussing becuase I wanted those snacks sooo badly..lol
It was a great meeting. I had what I wanted and knew when I didnt want anymore.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and the advice for the ticker....HOPEFULLY this week I can lose so I can change mine. My weigh in day is friday mornings.

I will drop in this eve...
cheers
phoenix
Old 11-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all.
Phoenix, what ages of kids do you homeschool? No, actually, I find homeschooling helps my efforts, because I stay busy homeschooling usually 1/2 of the morning and don't have time to snack during that part of the day.

Thanks all for your comments on the baby name.

mel, we did get the slab poured.

Michelle and Kristin, so far it was just windows and doors that we chose. I don't have pictures yet of those but hope to soon.

I've got to go, dh has all kids outside with him while he's working. I'll check back later.
Hope everyone is doing well.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #15  

Crystal
My children are 7, 4 and 2.
I find that it adds a bit of a dimension because alot of the gyms wont take children over 6 through the day in their daycare..*shrug* and if they do they want huge amounts of money. Your right though , we have most of our school work done by noon so they rest of the day were outside doing stuff..It helps that way.

cheers
phoenix