3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Singles Supporting Singles #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/48764-singles-supporting-singles-2-a.html)

corningkat 11-06-2004 11:28 PM

hi

hey there! it's saturday nite and once again i sit home watching movies! i really need to get a life. i got home from work and was so tired that i couldn't have gone out if i wanted to. so as usual i hit the recliner.:yawn:

skinnybopeep - great job on the 4.5!!:bravo: i've been working on hoeing out closets and such myself. i don't know when i'm going to move but since it's to my parents house i can put stuff there now that i don't use. that way it will be less to move when the time comes.

janet - i'm glad you got your internet working. 3 days of exercise is wonderful. :high: i wish i could go walking. i miss it so much. i think i'm going to wait on meetings because i haven't yet made my mind up about the traveling/$ issues yet.

shelbi - i understand about the metabolism thing. mine seems to have crash and burned in the last 2 years. i just turned 39. i always used to maintain my weight pretty steady, even if it was overweight, but i didn't gain. now all of a sudden i am going straight uphill.

well, i'm really tired. i think i'm going to get some sleep.
nite!

SheriaVa 11-06-2004 11:32 PM

Thank you all for the kind words regarding my stress eating. Emotional eating isn't something I have to deal with often, thank goodness, but my mother does tend to bring that out in me! LOL

I ate light on Friday to make up for the heavy dinners on Wednesday and THursday evening that I'm not accustomed to and things are looking better on the scale already. Plus, I had a great hour-plus powerwalk this morning in the invigorating fall air and the lovely warm sun. Wonderful!

And then some retail therapy afterward just to further the positive mood! ;)

But hey, at least I did buy something related to working out...I've been wanting a step (for step aerobics) and went out and bought the Reebok step today. Looks pretty cool. Look forward to trying it out. Also picked up a cute little black jacket by Isaac Mizrahi...at Target, of course! hehe

corningkat 11-08-2004 12:52 PM

hi

happy monday! i just thought i'd drop a line to bring our forum back to the front and see how everyone's weekend went!

my weekend was pretty boring. worked most of it. i talked to my manager though and told her i needed some time off. i haven't had a day off in 2 months between the 2 jobs. she said we'd figure it out. in the meantime i just have to keep remembering vacation is coming. i make a trip to my parents in florida at xmas time. can't wait!

i hope everyone is having a good day!
kathy

JanetG 11-08-2004 08:00 PM

Hi all,
Just checkin in, hope everyone'd week started out okay. Doing fine here. I was able to get my exercise in today, even though the temperature didn't break 40. I should probably just get used to it, it's only going downhill from here. I've decided that my cut off point for exercising outside is 35, I'm simply not dedicated enough to go when it's below that. We'll see...

SheriVa - go for the cable internet. It's great, when it works. I have a few co-workers that have it and have had no problems with it. According to the technician that came out yesterday, they are having problems with the main cable line and are working on it (supposedly). Comcast is supposed to credit me the last two weeks and hopefully it will be straightened out soon. It sounds like you got back on track again. Good for you.

Kathy - work is one of those necessary evils of life, isn't it. Just keep your eye on the prize (vacation) and it will be here before you know it. Christmas is what, six weeks? away. How is PT going? Is it helping your back & knees?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Now I'm going outside. There's supposed to be a good display of Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) in the sky tonight and I want to see it. I'm not really into astronomy, but Northern Lights are pretty cool.

SkinnyBoPeep 11-08-2004 10:42 PM

Hello everybody! :hat:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did-- I won't bore you with more about my closet cleaning achievement, but I keep walking in there and just staring. It's a beautiful sight! I went to a party Saturday and my friend knew I was working on my weight, so she had healthy things there for me. It was really nice of her and kept me on track. I then saw my parents for the first time in a few months and made dinner for them for their 39th anniversary. Both of them called me later to ask if I had lost weight and said I looked good. I think they were afraid to ask me in person. They must be wary about what happened last time (gaining it back). Perhaps they were just going to save their compliments for later to make sure I follow through this time! That sounds meaner than I intend it to, but it's interesting doing this for a second time in 3 years. I feel more embarrassment about the loss somehow. It's so humiliating to wage such a private battle on the outside where everyone can see it. It's like wearing your shortcomings and weaknesses on the outside for the world to examine. I'm so self-conscious, too, that I imagine that everyone is asking themselves, "I wonder if she'll be able to keep it of this time?" Or thinking that somehow the work is less meaningful because I've done it before. I attribute those thoughts to the same inner voice that tries to get me to eat ice cream :devil: , and I'm doing my darndest not to listen to it!

Anyway, other fun things... I went looking at model homes!! I am in love. I have some serious thinking to do to figure out what I really want to do... Whatever the outcome, it's been hours of fun daydreaming about the possibilities, though!

Janet, I climbed into my jammies and into bed when I got home from work tonight (I'm so tired), but I think I will go take a walk. If you can go out in 40 degree weather, I can get my rear in gear too! Thanks for the inspiration :D .

SheriaVa, how much do you LOVE Target!?!?!? It's one of my favorite stores. I end up leaving with a whole bunch of things I didn't need, but I always feel happy after.

Kathy, you poor thing. I hope you get a day off soon. Working that hard isn't good for your mental health, though unfortunately all too necessary sometimes. Take care of yourself! Any more PT? Are you finding it's helping you at all? I was thinking about your WW meetings... If you don't have the money for the meetings, use us! You can weight in and report it, tell us what you're eating, and we can put our heads together to support you through any roadblocks you stumble upon. We'll be your very own personal WW group!! Regardless, just be accountable to yourself. That's more important that anything you can get from a room full of fellow dieters or us. :)

Okay, take care everyone and have a terrific Tuesday!

(P.S.- I'm down another 1/2 pound! :cb: )

SheriaVa 11-09-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyBoPeep
It's so humiliating to wage such a private battle on the outside where everyone can see it. It's like wearing your shortcomings and weaknesses on the outside for the world to examine.

You said a mouthful there! That is SO true. And it can be very scary!

Quote:

I'm so self-conscious, too, that I imagine that everyone is asking themselves, "I wonder if she'll be able to keep it of this time?"

You know, when I first started eating healthy and losing weight last year, almost no one in my life said anything. This really hurt me and I thought "How could they be so unsupportive?" Then I realized that they're probably just "waiting it out" to see if the weight loss lasts or if I stay "with the program" THIS time. Now that I've been plugging away for almost a year and a half, people say things more, but there are still people in my family that haven't said a word.

Quote:

SheriaVa, how much do you LOVE Target!?!?!? It's one of my favorite stores. I end up leaving with a whole bunch of things I didn't need, but I always feel happy after.

LOL...sounds like me! I went in for an aerobic step and came out with the step and a few bags of toiletries, clothing and other stuff, too. hehe

SheriaVa 11-09-2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetG
Hi all,
SheriVa - go for the cable internet. It's great, when it works. I have a few co-workers that have it and have had no problems with it. According to the technician that came out yesterday, they are having problems with the main cable line and are working on it (supposedly).

Yea, I would suspect that the quality of one's cable internet has a lot to do with the quality of the cable line in one's neighborhood (just like bad quality phone lines can play havoc with a modem). I'll still give it a try! :) I'm just a horrible procrastinator about making the actual appointment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetG
There's supposed to be a good display of Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) in the sky tonight and I want to see it. I'm not really into astronomy, but Northern Lights are pretty cool.

Coooool! I would LOVE to see that!

SheriaVa 11-10-2004 12:28 PM

Bumping this up since we were the last thread on the main page.

Wonder where everyone is this week???? Helloooooo???? :)

JanetG 11-10-2004 09:33 PM

Sorry SheriVa - work has been nuts, I have been working some extra hours and haven't had too much to do more than come home, eat and sleep. I am having a new furnace installed and my basement looks like a bomb went off down there and I had to at least clear a path from the garage to the furnace room so my brother and his friend, who are doing the installation, don't trip and break a leg (at least until the work is done!). My current furnace is the original from 1947 and is extremely inefficient. My energy bills in the colder months (December, January & February) can be over $300/mo and on the really cold days (below zero) the furnace can't keep up and I can only get it to about 56-58 inside. On those days my cats and I spend most of the day under the electric blanket. It's really sad how excited I am about this furnace. I get to be warm this winter!!! And I won't need these extra layers of fat, so I may as well get rid of them once and for all!

SkinnyBoPeep - everything you said about losing and regaining the weight speaks for me, too. I have friends that have been incredibly supportive when I lost the weight before and they are incredibly supportive now. None of them has ever said anything to me about gaining the weight back, they just continue making sure we eat at restaurants that have healthy choices,have healthy alternatives at parties, etc. I thank God for them, because I know alot of people who are not so lucky. I sometimes wonder if they are thinking the same things you mentioned, but so what if they are? Nobody is so perfect that there isn't something that can be improved upon. We would never think of bringing up their shortcomings because we love them. And because they love us, they are probably only worried about our health and not judging us on our shortcomings. And if they do judge us? Well...screw 'em! If we let what everyone else thinks about us rule our lives, then we spend our life in fear and self-loathing and who needs that? Just move ahead and feel proud of what you've accomplished and how much you are going to accomplish. There...I'll climb off my soapbox now.

Kathy - stop working so hard and give us a post!! Let us know how it's going.

Take care all - Stay strong

SkinnyBoPeep 11-10-2004 10:47 PM

Here I am! :wave: SheriaVa, thanks for keeping the thread alive!!

I'm still cleaning my house... I think it's becoming an obsession. But I'm having fun and it's got a positive result, so it can't be all bad. So what if I dream about organizing drawers? :crazy:

SheriaVa-- go for the cable internet access. I have to fiddle with my wireless router a lot, but the cable part is very low maintenance. Now when my mom needs me to help her fix something on her computer, the dial up is almost more than I can bear! I'm so impatient.

Janet--Congrats on your new furnace! Your being happy about your furnace is no sadder than me being thrilled about my clean closets and drawers. Unfortunately, that leaves the possibility that we're both nuts, but at least it more fun to have company than being nuts all by yourself!

I'm getting ready for a business trip next week (I leave early Monday morning and don't think I'll be able to post from then until Friday :() and I am actually looking forward to the plane seat. Did I tell you all that I was motivated to start this weight loss thing again because I had ZERO slack in my airplane seatbelt when I flew in August? I was horrified at the thought of possibly having to ask for an extender :yikes: and swore I wouldn't go through that again. I think I have lost enough that the seat will be more comfortable and I don't have to worry anymore about the seatbelt. I can't wait to tell you all how much slack I have!

Okay, I'm heading back to my cleaning. I donated 8 large garbage bags full of stuff to Salvation Army today! :encore:

P.S.- I passed up doughnuts, cookies, cake, and cupcakes today for one of my coworker's birthdays AND it was all stacked up in front of my desk all day. Yay me!

Have a great Thursday everyone! Make good choices!

corningkat 11-11-2004 12:44 PM

here i am!

hey singles! i am working hard but not at my jobs. my realtor called and someone wants to see the house friday. so it's been clean, clean, clean!!!! :dizzy:
i just finished the front yard. i had somone rake it last week and i wanted to give it one more mowing and that gave me the motivation to get that done.

skinnybopeep- you are not nuts! i am the same way. it just gives us something to focus on for a while. get our minds off troublesome things. ;)
i hope you have a good trip! going anywhere interesting??? we will miss your posts. i understand about the seat belt thing. i went through that a few years ago on my first xmas trip to florida. i've lost enough since that embarassing event that it WON"T happen again. :halffull: also good job on the fending off the doughnuts!!!! :)

janet - have you tried the new ww chocalate cakes. i found them yesterday at super walmart and they are yummy for 1 point. just enough to take off that chocolate edge. they also have blueberry and apple spice muffins for 3 points. those are good too. i've lost 1 pound this week so far on the points. i think that is better than the 1-2 i've been gaining per week so i am happy! :D

well, i have to get ready for work once again!
have a good thursday afternoon!!!:flow1:
kathy

Shelbi99 11-11-2004 02:57 PM

Hi all....just wanted to check in and say hi! And to Sher - definitely go for the cable internet. I just got it at home and not one single problem so far - it's awesome! We have SBC DSL at work and every week or so it just quits and we have to repower everything.

As on my weight loss...I've been running some and eating good and lost 2 pounds but they showed back up this morning (like I figured they would - I just tell myself that's muscle from running so I don't get discouraged!). I know I feel less fat, I just have to keep it up. I didn't change my ticker but I plan to tomorrow!

Skinny...have a good trip! And the important thing is that you're losing weight now. There's that commercial about quitting smoking that says something about trying many times before we succeed and this could be the time you succeed. Well, I know this is it.

Janet - come on down to Texas! It's still 70 here (but not for long). I'm actually looking forward to some cool weather just so I can wear different clothes.

Kathy, just think of all those calories your burning with your cleaning!

Have a great day everyone!

JanetG 11-11-2004 10:40 PM

Hi everyone - just got home from my stained glass class and thought I'd check in before going to bed. It's only nine, but for some reason I am beat. Unfortunately, it will probably not be a restful night as I was really thirsty when I got home and tanked about 4 glasses of water. So now I will be up all night visiting the bathroom. :^: Oh, well... I weighed in this morning and am another two pounds down, so I am really motivated right now to get it under 300. I managed to get a 2 mile walk in between work and class, so maybe that's why I am so tired. The exercise has slacked a little lately, so it's hard to get it going again. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Kathy - one pound is great! :goodscale It all adds up in the long run and as long as it's going in the right direction, that's all that counts. Are those chocolate cakes in the freezer section? I have seen the muffins in the freezer section, but have never seen the cakes. Also, if you want something to cut the chocolate cravings I got a recipe off the WW recipe forum for 1 point chocolate muffins that are really good. I keep some in the freezer for those chocolate emergencies!

SheriVa - I finally got my cable Internet working. It turned out that the Microsoft Service Pack 2 that I downloaded a couple months ago had some type of security feature that prevented the broadband signal from being received or something. Anyway, I spent an hour on the phone with a Windows technician last night and we think we got the problem solved. I'm crossing my fingers. So now that it is finally working the way it is supposed to, I can wholeheartedly recommend it!

SkinnyBoPeep - congratulations on passing up the cakes and donuts :high: . Don't you feel superior? And don't you just love the feeling of being in control? I am a sugar/carb fiend and would have had a hard time if I had been staring at them all day. I swear they call my name. I am at a point where I have to keep temptation away from me and I'm lucky that my office mates understand my vices and keep me honest. Congratulations on the plane seat too. It sounds like a couple of us have been in that spot, myself included. That must be a huge relief knowing that you will be able to stroll onto the plane, sit down and buckle the belt. Good for you! Have a safe trip.

Shelbi - just keep at it. Like the turtle in your ticker, slow and sure wins the race. Keep it up and it will come off. And the exercise is building lean muscle and you will benefit in the long run. And I would love to come to 70 degree temperatures. You might wonder why someone who whines about the temperature so much lives in Minnesota. Truth is I love the seasons and actually love snow. But as I transition between season to season, it's easy to forget how cold it can get, not to mention the windchills. And it truely puts a damper on the exercise - and I really don't need any more excuses not to exercise - I do quite well on making up lame ones!

Hope everyone is doing well - will check back in soon.

SheriaVa 11-12-2004 08:01 AM

Skinny: WOOHOOOO on passing up the goodies! That's awesome! And I know how hard it can be! We have a monthly birthday party in my office and there are always yummy things BUT at least they have been providing at least ONE healthy or lowfat option for the past year or so. Usually either a fruit platter or some sort of lowfat ice cream bar. If there is a healthy option, I will always take that and pass up the fatty sheet cake, donuts, etc. However, once in a while, I gotta have a taste of the real thing! Travel safely and have a great business trip! We'll miss ya.

Janet: So glad you got your cable internet working! YAY! Interestingly enough, I just downloaded that service pack about a week ago so I'm glad you told me about that being the problem so I can anticipate that if I run into trouble as well! Thanks!

As for housecleaning, I am a TERRIBLE housecleaner...I hate it...I avoid it. I let it go until it gets out of control. Yesterday I was off work (Govt. holiday) and I got SO much done. Man, it felt so good to have things a little bit more under control again. I hate being the way I am but I can't seem to change. Have any of you heard of the FlyLady system (FlyLady.net)? I've been trying that since late summer and it is very helpful.

Okay, okay, you guys have all talked me into cable internet. <G> Thanks for the positive words...I am SO excited about having a faster connection!!!

corningkat 11-12-2004 01:26 PM

hi

hello! happy friday!!!

funny thing happened just now. the realtor was showing my house and told me i could come back at 1pm. well, as i was rolling up the people were just leaving so i went on up the street till they left. the lady looking at it was a co-worker at my ft job. what a goof!! i know she doesn't know it's mine because she is asian and doesn't speak good english and i don't think i've mentioned it around her. :lol:

janet - i found those little snack cake with the muffins in the bread aisle. your recipe sound good, i would love it. anything chocolate and low in points is a blessing. thanks

i have cable internet and it is much faster. unfortunately, when i move i am going to have to go back to aol because there is no cable at that house. the cable lines stop about 2 miles away. it really stinks! we also have problems with tv. the one satellite we tried didn't work because the house is on the side of a hill and the hill blocked the reception. i have been recommended another brand that faces the south so maybe that one will work for me. i don't know if i could live with only 3 stations. :?:

well, i have to get something around for dinner for work. have a great weekend!
kathy