3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Singles Supporting Singles #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/48764-singles-supporting-singles-2-a.html)

SheriaVa 01-02-2005 06:46 PM

Good to see you, Kathy! I hope you are able to enjoy your time off even though I'm sure it is sad and stressful with visiting your father in the hospital (and dealing with your Mom while Dad is in the hospital). Have safe travels back home!

niksa 01-02-2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheriaVa
WOOHOO!!!!!! You go, Niksa! That's not to say I think it is WRONG to have gastric bypass, but I am just supporting your decision to NOT...I have heard from many folks that, even after the expense and pain of surgery (not to mention permanent changes to your body!), you still have to learn to eat right and exercise anyhow...so why not do it that way from the start!?? :) Congratulations on your decision and best of luck in 2005!

Welcome to the singles thread...it's been really dead over the holidays but I'm hoping that people will start drifting back "home" as things get back to normal with the new year.

Thanks for the welcome! :) Yep, I agree, it seems to be a better and more long-term solution for me if I just do it right from the start. I wasn't really thrilled about the option, and my doctor really was just pushing me into it from the start. I'm not very pleased with my doctor, but all of my doctors seem to be the same way. Oh well. I'm working on a good, low-calorie/low-fat diet with exercise. :D So far, I've lost about 5 pounds... :)

My sister (the "perfect body" sister, you know, 34" 24" 32" or whatever :p ) is visiting her boyfriend for a month while we're out for winter break. We both go to the same school. Anyway, I'm all alone for a while again. Practically everyone leaves college towns during this week, so there's almost nothing to do. However, on the plus side, stores aren't crowded and there's no traffic.. :P

Good to meet you SheriaVa and corningkat. :)

Christalynn 01-04-2005 03:09 PM

May I Join

Hello Everyone.

This looks like a very active thread. May I join? I've been on WW for about 9 weeks. I'm a 30 year old working college student majoring in Elementary Education. I'm single(divorced) with no children other than a dog and cat.
I could use alot of construtive support and a few pushes.
I look forward to chatting with you all
till then...

Vicki142 01-04-2005 03:19 PM

Can I join too?

Hi, I'm new to the boards and just started my diet AGAIN. I'm a single mom, divorced for about 12 years with a 15yo son and an almost 13 yo daughter. I have a LOT of weight to lose and am really excited to have found this site. I can definately use some help along the way with motivation and support and there seems to be alot of that here.

I saw the comments about the bypass surgery. I was going to have that done too and then I decided also that if I had to learn to eat right anyway why bother. I am going to work on it myself. With being a single mom I just kind of felt guilty that I would do something that could cuase so much damage or death to me. I thought it was a little selfish of me. I know there are many many happy endings out there and I am truly happy for all those that have done it and succeeded. For me it just wasn't the right choice.

Hope to get to know everyone!
Vicki

Vicki142 01-04-2005 03:21 PM

Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without replying? I have such a hard time with message boards. lol

Vicki

SheriaVa 01-04-2005 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicki142
Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without replying? I have such a hard time with message boards. lol

Yes. At the top of the message board screen there is a menu called "Thread Tools." On that menu is a choice for subscribing to a thread. So, once you're inside this thread, just go to that menu and click on subscribe and you will be subscribed.

Welcome to the singles group!!

corningkat 01-05-2005 04:29 PM

i'm baackk!

hi everyone!! welcome vicki and christalynn!!! the more the merrier!!! well, i'm back from florida. i had to take an extra day off because i had some plumbing problems today and i also had to unpack etc... lots to catch up on!

vicki - you made a good choice if that is your gut feeling. always follow those instincts. so what kind of a plan are you following???

christalynn - my dog is my kid. :lol:

sheriva - i did have a safe trip home. long waits in the airports but i made it. i did get a little down time to myself. i used it to sit at the pool.

well, tomorrow i am going back to ww again with a vengeance. i had planned to go in florida but it didn't work out. so i will just rejoin instead of paying for missed meetings. here is a good story... for those who haven't been here long i have been going to physical therapy for some time so exercise was out the window and i've gained about 20lbs during that time. well, i brought last summer's shorts to florida with me and when i went to put them on they were way too tight. what a wake up call...that is why i have a lot of determination right now.

i have to go. i will check back later.
kathy

corningkat 01-06-2005 02:02 PM

hi

hey singles! well, i didn't make it to rejoin ww today. i have to put it off another week. i got the "call" this morning. my dad passed away at 4:30 am. i just wasn't up to going to the meeting. i don't think i'll have to worry about it for a few days because i have no appetite at all. i'm really glad i got to spend the last 2 weeks with him, that gives me a little peace.

i hope everyone is having a good day. i will check back later. i'll probably be web surfing for something to keep my mind busy.
kathy

SheriaVa 01-07-2005 11:16 AM

Kathy -- My sympathies to you and your family in the loss of your father. {{{Kathy}}} But how marvelous that you were just there to spend his last holiday season with him...that's time that I didn't get (I didn't even know my Dad was that sick before he died) and I regret it to this day. I'm so glad you had that...because you will carry that in your heart forever.

Be good to you!

Vicki142 01-07-2005 12:48 PM

Kathy

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I just lost mine in July, the 13th and I'm still trying to deal with it. We were very close. Take some time for you and like you said, you won't have too much of an appetite right now but don't not eat, you need your strength to get through everything. Take care and I really wish you all the best right now. We're here if you need us and when you are ready to get back on track.

Vicki

corningkat 01-07-2005 11:08 PM

hi

hi singles! thank you sheriava and vicki for your thoughts. i appreciate them. i went about normal business today. it was hard but i know that's what he would have wanted.

thanks again!
kathy

Christalynn 01-08-2005 10:43 AM

hello,

Kathy-My sympahties to you on the loss of your dad. It's good to see that you are going about your daily business. I'm not sure if I could do that.
I understand when you say that your dog is your kid. I put so much time and energy into my two that I don't think there is romm for real children :lol:

I am finally back on track form not having electricity form your ice storm Tuesday and Wednesday. It seems that every time there is an ice storm, I am the first to lose power. I weigh in on Monday mornings and I'm usually a little paranoid the day before looking over my journal from that week..is that normal :?:

gonna go exercise..have a good day

corningkat 01-08-2005 10:23 PM

hi

hi singles! thanks christina for your thoughts. i very much understand the dog/child syndrome. mine is soooo spoiled. she's been with me thru thick and thin. i've had her since a pup and she is almost 12 now. i don't think i get paranoid, it's more like a self defeated feeling. i tell myself "i'm sure i didn't lose this week etc...". i guess i am negative about the weigh in. but then i get surprised and have more hope for my success the next week. i hope to get back this thursday.

i hope everyone is having a good weekend!
kathy

Christalynn 01-09-2005 11:54 AM

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a good day so far.
Well, I weigh in in the morning :goodscale I'm not sure how I'm gonna do. I have all my points planned for today. Since I work 2:30-11:00, I won't eat anything after my lunch break @ 6:30. I'm an evening snacker so not being home till time for bed is very helpful. The ice is finally melting :dance: ..it sounds like it is raining :rain:.
I need to go. I will be back tomorrow and let you all know how I did this week.

SheriaVa 01-10-2005 10:33 AM

Good mornin, all! It is 10:30 on Monday a.m. and I'm still lounging, chatting on AOL and drinking tea. I need to get myself motivated toward the door to go to the gym, esp. because I ran out of time to exercise yesterday cuz I had to get the laundry done before I could meet a friend for a movie and dinner. Wish me strength and motivation for exercise today!!