Old 11-05-2004, 08:09 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #287 TGIF!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:12 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning All!

How is everyone doing on the Friday morning?

Hopefully GREAT

Spryng,
I loved your pic! Where do you keep getting cute clothes!

I just put a pile of clothes on layaway at Walmart. They finally got some cute stuff in! Not teenie bopper and not old lady! YAH!

Well I just wanted to drop in

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Morning all. I slept great last night. Hope everyone else did too.
Today, we will school, go clean mom's and wait for her to get home so I can leave Alisa and Ally there. That's about the jist of it all.

Chris, sorry you were so tired yesterday, I can imagine. Hope today is better.

Geri, hope things slow down for you a bit.

Penny, it's so hard to find cute clothes for our age especially at Walmart, otherwise you have to go spend boocoos of $ to get cute things.

Well, I slept late this morning, almost til 7 so I've got to get things together. Breakfast and all. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:32 AM   #4  

Jill, I'm sorry that Bayley kept you up all night. How is she doing today? (I know you are both still sleeping right now, but when ya get up and read this) lol Congrats on the loss! I'm still waiting for mine

Cindi, that is wonderful that you can bring dd and ds with you too work. Things will certainly be looking up for you and your family. Extra cash! Yahoo, the holidays are coming!

Spryng, I know it's going to be hard putting Tanner in another room, but at least he won't be alone! I can't believe that the heater caught fire! Make sure that when you use an extension cord on the new one that the cord is an appliance/heavy duty one, not a thin one that you would use for a light or something. Trust me dh is an engineer and knows all about that stuff. Check the ratings on the extension cord to see what wattage it goes up too. Heaters use a lot of watts and if you use a cheap extension cord, like the ones for lamps, you could cause a fire again. Also, I would call the company that manufactures the one you have and let them know what happend. You're probably not the only one this has happened to. Hope this helps.

Hi GERI! You fly by lady!

Angel, I hope you are feeling better today. I know TOM is evil sometimes!

Roxy, I can't believe her little fingers were stuck in there like that! Poor little thing! That's awful. Don't worry, sometimes we have to be tough, your kids don't have to like you all the time, just love you unconditionaly. And they do I'm sure.

Sherry, how was spinning today. I'm temped, but not yet, I'm not ready!

Steph, you had a busy day yesterday, hope today quiets down a bit! Training went well, thanks for asking. I am going to re-sign up when the time comes. At least one more 10 pack of sessions. I really need it and it's helping me get stronger. Thanks for asking.

Crystal, I'm so glad that you'll get to pour the foundation soon. That'l be exciting for you. Did you ever find out what dh was up to?

Hi Chris, hope your having a good one.

Penny, nice chattin' with ya this morning. Hope you have a great day. Congrats again on the town approving you request for the kidney walk. you'll do a great job planning it!

Deana, how is curves coming along? Do ya love it? LMK. So glad that coupon helped you out and you get to do what you want and need.

Ok, all, as for me, I'll be off to the gym a bit later. Yesterday I did the Cybex machine, which the trainer was thrilled about. She said it's the best machine in the place. It's a cross between, walking, stepping and skiing. Kind of neat. Similair to an eliptical, but better. At least I think anyway. I think I just need to add more cardio to my plan to get this weight moving. Ughhhh I though 35 minutes was enough, but I will add 2 minutes this week and two next week and see what happens, that'l bring me to 39 minutes plus the cool down of 5. Hopefully, bugga can last that long in the nursery on training days.

Have a great day all.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Penny-Don't you just hate that! I can't find clothes anywhere. I hate the old lady looking stuff. I wanna look slightly "hip" not ancient.

Crystal-glad you got some sleep.

Mel-Good job on the workouts! You're doing great.

Sorry this is just a fly by but dd#1 is not getting her butt in gear to get out the door for school and she is going to be late.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:20 AM   #6  
**Kristin**

hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been here, I know you all missed me hehe...well it has beena rough couple of days. dh threw out his back and had to be taken on s strectcher to the hospital in KC....ugh....they got it back to normal but I was so scared. HE is home now, he dad crove down and followed him home last ngiht to make sure he got here okay. and surpise HE IS DONE IN KC !!!! He was going to tell me, then he threw his back out, so instead of finishing the week there, his dad said to just come home now! so who-hoo, I have my family back, howver he may be in bed for hte next couple of days! anywy, gotta get the dog to the vet, so I will try and post when I get back, don;t know thouhg, gotta clean since I am having a scrapbook party at my house tomorrow night, should be tons of fun, and I NEED IT! Hope everyone has a great day, sorry to be MIA so aften anymore. I will do better once we get intot he swing of things now that dh isback for good ! LOve to all my ladies
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Phewwww.....I never got back here yesterday, all day long was chaos, again. Went to Curves, then started making my tote bag for tomorrow, then I had scouts......what a fiasco. OPne of the parents showed up about 10 minutes after we got started. I let the boys play outside for about 15 minutes then tried to work on the physical fitness achievment in our book and they would not listen, so we spent the next 30 minutes with them sitting on the stairs while I stood in front of them and lectured on the importance of listening, not interrupting other, and respect. Oh, and the fact that I don't have to do this and I can quit at any time and then they will miss out on all the fun stuff. Then we went inside to one of the classrooms at the church, sat around the table and actually got a little something accomplished. I have 3 boys that have learned all the stuff they have to do for the Bobcat badge which is the first thing they have to do no matter when they join. So at this months pack meeting I hope the others will have it done and I can present them with their badges! Then by the time I got home, dh had to go to work, my ex, Andrew and Matthew's dad showed up before dh left and then stayed to talk a bit, then I had to run to Walmart.....again.....because I broke my last sewing machine needle yesterday, then I spent the rest of the evening trying to sew between phone calls. I swear I ran my battery down on my phone between 7 and 11 last night. I ended up working on that til after 1 this morning, got to bed by 2, up at 6:30 and finished it this morning. It's far from perfect, I didn't use a pattern and I was in a hurry to get it done and didn't measure anything. I winged it big time. But it will hold lots of stuff.

Today dd has school and I have a few things to drop off in town and run to the store so I can get something in a can that everyone can eat tomorrow while I'm gone. If it weren't for me, they would all starve to death .

Roxy: on the 2 pounds! Glad the kids grades were great. The one will get there too. So sorry about dd's fingers. I think they all do it at one time or another. Hope they are better today. Make sure ds does a really good job on that root cellar , you mean mom . I'm the same way !

Jeniqua: Curves is great! There are 10 machines, 10 pads between and they play a tape that tells you to changed stations every 30 seconds. On the pad you walk or jog, whatever you want to do, then go to the next machine. 3 rotations takes 30 minutes. You stop every so often and check heart rate for 10 seconds. Then you're done and out the door. I am going to try to go again today but I'm pretty tired from lack of sleep. I won't be able to go tomorrow because I will be gone all day and they are closed on Sunday, so I guess I better go today, huh? Check it out. They have a pamphlet they give you that has a coupon in it for a free week so you can try it out and see if you like it. Hope your daughter enjoys girl scouts. Will she be in Daisies?

Penny: WTG on Disney World and the Kidney Walk! Good luck with Andrew's kidney scan.

Crystal: WOOHOO on the slab schedule! Hope dh didn't get in any trouble last night . Hope your hand is better today.

Jill: on the 2 pounds down! You go girl! Hope Bayley is feeling better today.

Cindi: Glad both kiddos get to go with you. That will be great.

Spryng: I love the hair!!! It looks great on you, skinny minnie ! Can't wait to see the blanket! Glad you were close and able to put the fire out fast, way too scary!

Angel: TOM is sooo unjust! Hope you're feeling better today.

Sherry: Hope the weather is better today there! Keep up the good eating!

Steph: I won't go back to Chuck E. Cheese! We took Matthew there for his 5th birthday and there were so many kids running around and they would run into you and go on like nothing happened. I teach my kids to be courteous and it drives me crazy when other kids act like it's no big deal to almost knock an adult off their feet. I almost go into to an argument with another mom over this. It's just not worth it. Glad you enjoyed it! Your supper last night sounded soooo good. Keep at it! Taking your water with you was a great move!

Chris: I'll meltdown with you anytime! Glad you got a break yesterday! I get mine tomorrow....woohoo! I really need it too. How has the RA been lately? We can't make a thread for slingo and pogo addicts, then we wouldn't have time to play !!!

Geri: I think I saw you flying by! Slow down girl! Hope you have a great day!

Mel: Curves is going great! They have a "Queen of the Circuit" for those that work out 5 times in a week and you earn 2 Curves Bucks to use toward t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc. There are other ways to earn them too, like workout 3 times a week earn 1, answer a trivia question correctly earn 1, be the biggest loser in inches or weight for the month and earn 2. I already have 4 so I'm on my way to a new t-shirt which is 28 "bucks". And you have to earn them, they don't sell them for real money, which is cool. I already told the girl that works there that I will be on that biggest loser board!!!

Well, it's Friday which means I have qotd soooooo........

QOTD: As far as shopping for gifts for your kids, what is the one major thing you will be getting them, each child, or will they be getting a large combined gift to share? I am getting a tv and vcr/dvd combo for the little ones for their room and a few little things for each one. As for my oldest, everything he wants is major anyway..... teenagers! Not sure what he's getting, maybe a new full size bed. He has a futon now and isn't happy with it anymore. Of course he's 6'1" and doesn't fit on much very well so we'll see.

Ok, I'm off to pogo!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:50 AM   #8  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Kristin: You snuck in while I was writing my book....lol. So sorry about dh's back! Mine did that a few years ago and it was a real fight to get him to go to the doctor!!! But a steroid pack and he was good as new in a few days. Hope he's feeling better today and glad he will be home with you now. I bet Sydney will be glad to have her daddy back too. Have a great day and fun at the scrapbooking party!
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:16 AM   #9  
I'm a homeschool mama

QOTD: I'm getting the girls combined one of those electronic stoves with the buggy and food and pots and pans. And then little things, and I'm not sure about Andrew, he still doesn't really care just yet. Plus his birthday is Dec. 1st and he'll get more goodies.
I don't let my kids have electronics in their rooms like tv's and such so that's never an option here, thank goodness, that's too costly. And when they're teenagers, who knows.
No dh didn't do anything bad last night, in fact got home right after I had gone to bed. My hand is better, just a small blister.
Okay, we're fixing to school, ttyl.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:21 AM   #10  

Well, I decided to get back on with the threat of getting kicked off. LOL

JW has croup. It bad that it takes him getting sick before I stay at home and slow down.

I have not weighed in this week, but I am hoping to go tomorrow morning. Dh will be home to watch JW. The workouts have been bad since I have not been to the gym. I need to pop in a tape and just do it.

On the clothes subject. I actually went to Sam's and got two collar sweater type shirt for $7 each. I just shop around and usually can find some good things.

QOTD: We are planning on getting JW one of those wooden swing sets. Dh needs to get it now for it to be ready for Christmas. I have books, toys, etc that I have bought for him. I can not resist, but it is all right with only one. Things will change once there are 2 or 3.

I am going to get some weights out and do some kind of workout today. Have a good weekend.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Deanna,
You're right about the addict sight. Guess we'll all have to face our addictions to pogo and slingo and just accept it as it is, and play it anyway.

I just got done doing 40 min. of areobics. Had to stop because there was a meltdown between the girls upstairs. Kayla did something. Nicole got mad. NIcole bit Kayla. So Kayla slapped her. Nothing like sisterly love.

Kristin-Sorry about your DH. I bet he's a hurting unit. Well here's praying for a speedy recovery for him. Other than that, how has it been going for you?

QOTD: Tiana has been begging for an Xbox, so that might be her big gift this year. Kayla wants Bratz doll stuff. I've seen some neat stuff for Nicole but I'm not sure what to get her yet. I did see a toddler size game to learn shapes and letters and play games on that you plug into the tv. She might enjoy being like the big girls. I just love Christmas time. I really like buying stuff for my kids and my nieces and nephews. I get so involved with it, that I usually go overboard. OOppss! There goes the budget.

Well I gotta shower, shampoo and shine. I have a long day ahead of me. Cleaning sis's house, setting up bunk beds for her kids, and taking Tiana to the eye doctor...she has to get glasses. She's get my eyesight. Poor kid. Anyhow, after that its over to my MIL's apartment to see my BIL and his girlfriend. They're customs agents for the Canadian border but they come down here so often to shop. Bonnie is the Walmart Queen.... That should about wrap the whole day up for me. I did however get my exercise in so I feel real energized and ready to tackle the day. I love that feeling!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!!

Melinda - I wasn't going to kick you off!!! I just want to clean up our msn group list, people have been joining just to get in on the friendship swap and then there are people there who no one knows who they are lol that's all thats about. JW's halloween pictures are sooooo cute!!

Spryng, did you perm your hair? You just look so cute!! but you knew that already didnt you

Penny you are taking me to disney world with you arent you please please I just want to be able to wear a tinkerbell outfit with out looking like a freak haha! How is the gym going?

Mel you are doing so great with going to the gym!! I'm so proud of you!! Get this, when I first started at the gym I could only do 3 minutes on the elliptical machine I worked up to 40 that was the most I could do before I was bored out of my mind lol.

Deana I'm sorry things have been so crazy foryou lately I hope they calm down a little

Leigh, we miss you I hope that darn puter gets fixed soon.

Geri so work is keeping you busy eh? How are you doing on our challenge? I've had totally clean eating for 2 days straight and now I'm at 210 again so I'm feeling good about that since 2 days ago I was up to *gasp* 218....damn halloween candy!! Its out of site and out of mind now so I am not feeling tempted by it. How are those cutie pies doin?

I've got the new bios added to the new site. If anyone wants to add calander events please do and I will update those sometime soon. Also I know I haven't added all the recipes yet but that would have taken me a week! I'll get it finished eventually

Chris how is the weather out your way? Its cold cold cold here!! BRRRRR!!!

Okay well my kids are being little monsters right now so I better get off here. I will TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 01:09 PM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies sorry I didn't get back to ya yesterday, I got Hunter and he was a handful and then I was just catching up with things around here then had school. Anyway I'm flying by again right now cuz I have to get to the grocery store and back before my 1 o'clock dentist appt. so I wanted to come by and say HI! Oh and also I am down another half pound today so I get to change my ticker to 144!! So excited cuz my mini goal was to be in the lower 140's by my birthday and I have already made it!! Maybe I should make it in the 130's now huh? Ok I'll be back hopefully. TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #14  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies!! I too have been very busy today, this is the first time I've been able to sit today for a couple of minutes..My eating is still going good! My daughter has her girl scout meeting tonight. We were also invited to my pastor's house for dinner tonight too. My pastor has 7 kids. My kids love playing with them.. So, that's about it..I'm sorry I don't have time to get personal either..I just wanted to let you all know I am still here . Michelle what was the web address again..My husband had to crash the computer today. Mommaslosing weight?? Is that right?? Deanna, I am thinking about starting Curves after Christmas when I have more money. It sounds wonderful!! I will try to get back on tonight but if I don't I'll be on tomorrow..Have a Great weekend!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:49 PM   #15  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Gals!

I was really whipped after my 2 1/2 hour P/T meetings last night, so I never did came back to visit like I wanted to. On the way back home after meetings, I had a near miss with a deer! That really shook me up, big time and I was so glad to be ending my day soon. I got home went upstairs to nurse the baby and notice the digital thermometer laying on the floor of the little girls room. I checked it out and it was working alright so I was relieved.
I went to the kitchen to have my late dinner and while I'm sitting down talking to them all, and asked who took it out of the bathroom. Nobody of course!
My oldest dd Elissa asked me if Marty spits the thermometer out when taking his temperature. I told her I don't use it on that end for a baby they have to have it put in their bottoms. Three little girls stopped playing, and froze, staring at me with big eyes and horror on their faces. I said to them "You had that thing in your mouths, didn't you?!!" One sheepishly said, "so did Rose and Celine!" YUUUUUCK! Ladies I was laughing so hard I almost hurt myself.
No wonder they are all sick, but you gotta wonder who had it in their mouth first!
I'm glad after such a bad day that I had something to laugh about!

I'll be back later to get personal and see how all of you spent the day, I have to go and pick them all up from school now. TTFN

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote