3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Merry Christmas Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/48359-merry-christmas-challenge.html)

Den@ 10-25-2004 01:25 PM

Merry Christmas Challenge

Well, it's now Autumn, starting to get colder each day, and you know what that means... more warm foods and carbohydrates leading to the dreaded holiday weight gain. Christmas is only about 9 weeks away, and I would love to start a Merry Christmas challenge. My goal is to try to lose 10 lbs. Are there any other buddies who would like to join me? It doesn't matter how much you need to lose or what plan you are on, the challenge is to lose during the holidays. Let's bring 2005 with a loss. Now that's a challenge!
(Hugs),
Dena

VermontChick 10-25-2004 05:52 PM

You can sign me up Dena! My goal is to lose 25 pounds....:)

DewCan 10-25-2004 06:14 PM

Sign me up too. 19 pound loss would be the best Christmas present :)

Den@ 10-25-2004 06:51 PM

Welcome to the Merry Christmas Challenge!

Hi Miss Meliss and DewCan!

Now we're talking! Okay you are both signed up for the Christmas Challenge. On Monday we shall report our losses.

So our goals are these:

Miss Meliss: 25 lbs. by Christmas
DewCan: 19 lbs. by Christmas
Dena: 10 lbs. by Christmas

I just came back from the gym, where I treaded for 42 minutes and I'm drinking my water. I also counted my cals today, and I am being a good little girl. What are you both doing to achieve your goals? I'm so excited we are doing this. Good Luck, everyone!! :D

Anyone else wanna join, you are welcome.
Hugs,
Dena :cool:

sharqueen76 10-25-2004 08:31 PM

Dena, can you sign me up as well too please?? I would love to lose 20 pounds if possible by Christmas! Thanks!

Den@ 10-26-2004 10:48 AM

Happy Tuesday!

Good Morning, Everyone!

Welcome Sharqueen76. You are now on the Christmas Challenge list.

Goals:
MissMeliss: 25 lbs
DewCan: 19 lbs
Sharqueen: 20 lbs.
Dena: 10 lbs.

So how is everyone doing... Miss Meliss, DewCan, Sharqueen? How did it go yesterday? I'm eating less, moving more and drinking 8 or more glasses of water. This is just so exciting and I can just feel those fat cells wasting away. What a wonderful Christmas present.

Well, it's time for my morning walk. We can make our dreams come true.
(Hugs),

rollmdl 10-26-2004 11:25 AM

Hi,
I'd like to be included. My goal is to lose 15 lbs. by Christmas. So the idea is to report every Monday? Sounds good to me
Thanks,
Roll
sw/172
cw/164
gw/120

DewCan 10-26-2004 04:18 PM

All I can say is that I hope it only gets better from here for me ;)
HAve agreat day all
Diana

Den@ 10-26-2004 04:47 PM

Welcome rolldml. You are down for 15 lbs. by Christmas. Let us know how you are doing. What plan are you on?

DewCan, Just start over. Never quit. Are you following any particular plan? We can do this together.

See you all later.

Den@ 10-27-2004 09:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone!
How is everyone doing? I really want to drop 10 lbs. over the next few weeks. So my plan is to eat less, exercise each day and drink 8-10 glasses of water. I know this plan is doable. We went out to dinner last night, which is always harder to stay strong, but I think I did better than usual. I just have to keep my eye on the goal and be persistent and strong. Well, it's time to exercise. Have a great day, everyone!
(Hugs),

KandiceS 10-27-2004 10:01 AM

too late to join the christmas challenge? I want to lose 8 lbs by Christmas (at least 1 lb a week) 38 lbs to my goal.

I'm doing the curves diet (low carb high protein diet and exercise) I'm on Phase 2 now.

Den@ 10-27-2004 10:16 AM

Welcome, KandiceA. There's always room for one more! So glad you could join us. :) Congratulations on getting to phase 2 of the Curves Diet. I know you will achieve your goal by Christmas.

Good Luck, everyone. We can make this happen!!
(Hugs),

Den@ 10-28-2004 09:56 AM

Hi Everyone!

Happy Thursday.... only 4 days and week 1 is over. Boy, does the time go so fast! I'm going to start journaling what I eat, my exercise routine and how much water I'm drinking. This will help me be more honest with myself. It's funny how life gets in the way sometimes, and I find that I'm not doing everything perfectly. :dizzy: Hopefully, this will get me going in the right direction.
OK, here goes:
Breakfast: Waffle, coffee (no butter, syrup)
Lunch: Large plate of vegetables, egg, apple
Dinner: Chicken, apple
Water: 8 glasses
Exercise: 30 minute brisk walk. I had a meeting tonite, so I didn't have time to do anymore exercise. Hope to do better on Friday.

I'll come back later to jot down what I did the rest of the day.

Good Luck, everyone!
(Hugs),

DewCan 10-28-2004 04:35 PM

Hi all, okay is there a specific weigh in day, or jsut post on our own weigh in days? Jsut wondering.
Diana