3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Over 50 And Getting Healthy #18 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/48313-over-50-getting-healthy-18-a.html)

Sheila53 10-24-2004 01:16 PM

Over 50 And Getting Healthy #18

New thread!!

Angel-lover 10-24-2004 05:29 PM

SHEILA!

Thanks also for the prayers. I think I've asked everyone I've seen today to pray! :lol: If it's like today...it'll be beautiful.

I got really down yesterday. I had one of those days, I guess. Just wanted to be shut off from the world. It was raining....DH out of work. My mother got bad off....couldn't swallow. I just wouldn't want to go through yesterday, again. I'm better today. Only thing that's changed is it's a beautiful, sunshiny day. And, I did go to church. That always helps. Maybe, just maybe....next Saturday will cheer me up. Having my kids & grands here, & seeing the roof finished should help a lot. I suppose everyone gets a little depressed sometimes.

Sunny...I'll put your other pj girl on at the end of this post. If I ever post anything you want, just take it. I don't mind. Was you talking about the site I sent you to, wanting the $60? They've never asked me for any money. I'm sure they sell things, but a lot is free. The name signatures, I just post & ask for. If so, let me know. I'll go register with a new user name, & see what you're talking about. It may be something new, I don't know about. Sorry you're having bad luck with it. Did you scroll on down toward the bottom, on the left side? That's where the extra ziggies usually are.

Sheila...You're doing great with your weight loss! Gonna have to start wearing two pair of socks each night! :lol:
How did you like the tour of the houses? I know it must have been a lot of fun. Hope you got some ideas you can use.

Hello Bluet & all. I have work to do on the albums. I'll come back later.
Here ya go Sunny.....

SunnyD57 10-25-2004 09:39 AM

http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/20/4...llpaper280.jpg

Good Monday Morning Sheila, Angel, Bluet and Jacquie ~
Thanks Sheila for beginning a new thread ;)
How was your weekend??

*~*~*

Joe & I did allot over the weekend (again):
Saturday... we went out to breakfast with our pals, Mike & Peggy, and then grocery shopped as usual. Then I came home around 10:30 and Joe went to sing for a Memorial Mass at church. He got home at around 1:00 and then we went to the New *SAM'S CLUB* that just opened with Mike, Peg and their daughter, Lisa... what a great day shopping and looking at all the new things! Then we all went to dinner together and played video games on this BIG SCREEN at the restaurant - so much fun! Anyone in the restaurant could play for FREE --- trivia games... and I came in 5th from about 15 people playing (cool beans). We were there for about 3 hours :cp: Then we went to Wal-Mart to walk off dinner... we were exhausted when we got home at around 8:00pm! A very long day! We left the house at 7:45am that day and got home at 8:00pm.

Sunday after church... we went to breakfast with Mike & Peggy and then just came home and chilled out for a bit. Well, we were not gonna do any work, but when I came into my office yesterday afternoon to check my computer --- what a stench!!!!:p!!! Something was rotting near the vent in my office. So poor Joe had to go under the house and there he found a mole DEAD in the vent near my room under the house and it was warm enough yesterday to make it begin to smell... it will not go away! Joe has tried everything. And this smell is terrible! Noooo, awful!!!! It's gonna take a long time for it to go away I think. Good thing he went under the house though, cuz he found allot of holes that many animals (mice, moles & chipmunks) chewed and had to tape them up again. Why don't these mobile home manufacturers incase these vents when they build these homes! Joe says that it is going to be a project he will have to do next Spring & Summer now. We have too many animals around here to leave the vents exposed like that. I have to leave my window open a bit so I am able to come in here and play on the computer :o :stars:

Today I am going to catch up with my housework and laundry... never finished what I started last week. Our weather this weekend was beautiful!!!! Sure hope you all had a great weekend too!

*~*~*

Angel ~ THANKS!!!! for the "Good night" girl ;) As for that site... I think there are 3 levels there... the Basic which is free and then 2 other pkgs. you pay for. That's where I got the information. I WILL scroll down the page as you recommended :D :bubbles: Thanks!

*~*~*

*I am so sorry if I am confusing you Sheila & Bluet... Angel recommended a site to me where I could get some cool graphics and that's what we are speaking of (just didn't want you gals to feel left out ;) ) Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! I plum tuckered out myself... looking forward to staying home and just catching up with household chores today...

(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bluet 10-25-2004 10:21 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Sheila, thank you for getting us to a new thread. Hope your home visiting was sucessful. Wish I could have gone with you. I know it is so much fun.

Sunny, another busy weekend. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, except for the mole. I am suprised they would hang around with 3 Kitties in the house. Must be getting cold outside for critters to be looking for winter homes. You didn't hurt my feelings, you and Charlotte can talk about graphics all you want, I find it interesting. :)

Charlotte, our Saturday project was a wash out. Cold terrible rain and wind all day. Praying that your Saturday project goes better next week. Sunday was a lovely sunny day. Go figure.

Talk to you all later.

Bluet

Angel-lover 10-25-2004 11:29 AM

This just about says it all! :lol: The phone has rung constantly since I woke up this morning. When it wasn't ringing, I had calls to make. Now....time to get ready to go to the station.

Oh well.........talk to you all later. Have a great day!

Sheila53 10-25-2004 07:54 PM

Brrr, just took my dog for a walk, and my hands and nose are freezing. It was sprinkling, too, but if you live in the PacNW, you've gotta be able to take rain or you just don't do a darn thing.

Sounds like you had an action-packed weekend, SunnyD. Is Sam's Club like Costco where you have to pay a yearly fee? I'm not a Costco shopper so I'm not even sure that's what you do, but I think it's something like that. That was a long day of shopping for you guys.

A dead mole! How gross! And we thought the dead rat on TV was bad! !Kudos to Joe for going down there to check it out. I wonder how long it had been there. I hope the smell goes away soon.

I'm sorry the weather was so crummy, Bluet. Did you still make hamburgers? A big, juicy hamburger sounds good about now.

Charlotte, love the Monday graphic! I remember feeling like that when I used to work. Especially when I had little kids and trying to get them ready to go to school/daycare, too.

Well, the remodeled house tours were a lot of fun, but too much driving. We saw this one "bachelor pad" that was something else. It was a four story house on a smaller hill lot with incredible views of downtown Seattle and the water. The ground floor had a theater room with leather seats on two levels and a huge TV. Then there was a gameroom with a great fireplace. I think there was a powderroom on that level, too. The next level was the one bedroom with yet another big TV, and a huge bathroom with a fireplace and a TV built above the fireplace plus a gigantic closet. The next level was the gourmet kitchen with all sorts of sinks and built in stuff plus the livingroom with the incredible view, and another bathroom. The top level was the office and roof garden. We couldn't believe it was only a one bedroom house. The colors and decor were very masculine. Quite the place! Our favorites were the homes we could actually see ourselves in (and neither of us could see ourselves in the "bachelor pad" even when we were single)--the more modest homes. Saw a bamboo floor in one place. I'd heard of bamboo floors, but had never seen one. I liked it.

So it was a pretty good weekend until my Dad got weird last night. *Sigh* My DH and I discussed how we're going to deal with him. We just have to learn not to get upset by his behavior, which is kind of difficult. He also announced he wasn't drinking anything after noon because he didn't like waking up to go to the bathroom so often. I kind of freaked about that because his last lab work indicated dehydration and some kidney problems. Dehydration is the #1 reason that the elderly end up in the hospital. He must have listened to me because he was back drinking stuff today.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

SunnyD57 10-26-2004 08:18 AM

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/2004/ga041013.gif

Good Tuesday Morning!

*~*~*

Sheila ~ Yes... it is a wholesale club , Sam's Club and Wal-Mart are the same company and the Sam's Club is a wholesale club just like the Costco is (with different products). They are great places to shop in with a friend... that way if there's something in bulk you both use you can get a great price and split the pkg. and the cost. The appliances and clothing are at a wonderful price too. We all enjoy shopping together and checking things out. We pay $35.00 a year for two memberships (mine & Joe's). We also get gas there at $1.93 a gal. ~ a pretty good price these days! Costco is the same price for a year.

It still smells in here a bit this morning, but not nearly as bad as yesterday... it is the worse smell ever ( :stars: !) I think. I have no idea how long it was there, but Joe caught another one in a trap yesterday, so they are looking for food & warm places to go for the winter that's for sure! There is a female cat that roams around here, but she can't get UNDER our home where they go... Joe's traps will get those little critters.

Soundslike you had quite a day of touring... WoW! Some of the things people have in their homes are amazing to me. We live rather simply compared to your description of that one home! How do they keep a bamboo floor clean??? Wouldn't stuff get into the cracks of it? The whole tour sounds like it would have been great to do... again wish I could have joined you. I am keeping my eye out in the papers for anything like it here. I really would love to go on one.

So sorry to hear about your father... glad you got him to drink water. My FIL didn't drink either and landed in the hospital for a week! *Prayers*

Charlotte ~ LOVE your Monday morning animations (especially the kitty :lol: )!!! :lol3: I too use to feel that way on Monday's getting ready for work... when I worked, but now I enjoy my jammie days on Monday's - so it's a great day for me ;)

Hope you had a good one at the station yesterday!

Hi Bluet ~ How are you feeling?? I am thinking of you in hopes that your spirits are better today. I know it helps allot when the sun shines... here's a bit of sun for you today :sunny: ;)

I am afraid I frightened Jacquie away with my family calamity last week gals :( Hope you come back soon, Jacquie! I promise you --- I am not usually like that and am sorry for the bad first impression.

*~*~*

*Have a Great Day Gals :lol:*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 10-26-2004 02:50 PM

Bluet 10-26-2004 05:26 PM

Hello,

Sunny, I don't think you chased Jacquie away, it was not out of the ordinary to ask for help when you had something you needed help understanding. Don't worry about it. o.k. :) I have a mole incident I can tell you about. In the fall of the year DH would always like to bring in his coveralls and other items he wore outside when he did silo work and have them washed and put away for winter. He kept a pair of coveralls hanging in the silo room, just for working on the silo. Well one fall I washed everything up and was getting things ready for the dryer, when I felt in the pocket of the coveralls and what to my surprise did I find, but a dead nicely washed little mole. I still shiver to this day. :^:

Charlotte, are you feeling better? Is this just a seasonal thing, that DH is out of work? Rainy cloudy days always make me depressed too. In fact we are having just that kind of day today. Last night when I got home from work, I ate some supper and then read the paper and then I watched HGTV all evening. I get so upset with myself when I do that, I know there are so many tasks waiting for me to do or finish, but no energy or no motivation to do it. The holidays are advancing on us too and I know I won't get every thing done the way I want to once again before company comes for the holidays. Then I get down on myself and get depressed. I am stilling praying that the weather will hold for you and you will have enough help to finally get your roof done this weekend. No more roof leaks, right! ;)

Sheila, sounds like you had a good time with the house touring. I have heard that bamboo floors are very strong. I have never seen one yet, except on Trading Places. That bachelor pad sounds cool, only too much climbing stairs for me, I'll bet he hardly ever uses that theatre room. Can you imagine him sitting all alone with his bowl of popcorn in his theatre room watching a movie. :lol: What if he was in the bedroom, or living room and needed a snack or drink, then he has to climb to the top of the house to the kitchen. I have a two story house and that's enough floors for me.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I am glad he decided to drink water again, but it is pain to be getting up all night for trips to the bathroom, so I understand where he is coming from. Yes I made hamburgers and Wisconsin beer bratwurst and some tater tots with cheese they ate everything. Now I guess they are going to road build this weekend since last week was a washout, so I will have to come up with another lunch plan. I don't want to dwell on this Sheila, but on CSI, it really did show two or three maggots crawling out of that decaying rat. Perhaps you DH did what mine always does and took a little nap during that part. Then my DH wakes up at the end of the show and asks what happened, and if I am too tired I just say oh, its too complicated.

Well, it is almost close of the work day. I'll sign off for now. Take care everyone.

Bluet

Sheila53 10-26-2004 09:20 PM

Hey, everyone!

Bluet, maybe he was just trying to protect me when he said he didn't see maggots. Or maybe because we have a small TV on the wall in our bedroom he just didn't see them. I watched CSI Miami last night, which I'm not thrilled with. I think they show even more gratuitous gross stuff than the Las Vegas one. But, I'd rather just see it on TV any day than find a dead one in my pocket--yuck!! At least it was clean. :)

SunnyD, the bamboo is just like regular wood flooring, all sealed and everything. The neat thing about it is the bamboo grain--very pretty. Did I mentioned we saw a cork floor, too? It was cork tiles, and it's sealed also. The guy said it's a really "forgiving" floor, good to walk on, and if it gets damaged, you just replace one tile. When we had vinyl flooring, the first month my DH dropped the leaf of the table on it, and punched a hole in the vinyl. We had someone come out to patch it, but the edges of the patch get dirt in them and it looked awful after a few months. I like the idea of only having to replace one tile. Also, my DH drops stuff on our laminate countertop all the time, and there are several cuts in it. I'm thinking I'd like a Corian at my next house, although I know it's kind of spendy. Not as bad as granite, though. We had tile at our house in Boise, and I just didn't like it. I love the idea of seamless and no grout to clean.

I love the cute dogs, SunnyD. They look like Dachshunds. I fostered a Dachshund that my DH couldn't stand. Her name was Dottie. Dachshunds are notoriously hard to housetrain, and she had no problem letting it loose whenever. She was also stubborn as all get out. My DH was so happy that she got a home that he actually drove her 500 miles to her new home just to get rid of her. He swears she hated him.

Not much happening around here. My DH went to the dentist and was depressed when he got home because he had a cracked tooth that needs to be overlaid to the tune of $435. Yikes! Luckily, we have money left in our flexible spending account. I have not heard a word from my DD or SIL about coming for Christmas. If they don't get it squared away soon, there will be no flights available.

Started out this morning with the 3 miles WATP tape, followed by 20 minutes of stretching, then an arm workout. I was going to try to do another 2 miles tape in the afternoon, but ended up taking my dog for a 15 minute walk instead. I debated about whether or not to do the tape afterward, but decided to watch Oprah instead. :)

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Sheila53 10-27-2004 07:23 PM

Maybe you all feel as crummy as I do today? I dragged myself down to the pool, however, and did water aerobics. I still have stretching to do, but I'm buying pizza for my "guys" (DH, Dad, DS), and I'm having a smoothie. Stomach feels kind of queasy in addition to every muscle aching.

My daughter's DH is in big trouble with the Navy. *Sigh* I'll let you know more when I find out more. It's hard when your kid is clear across the country having an emotional meltdown.

Angel-lover 10-27-2004 08:53 PM

Bad, bad week so far! :( My dad use to have a record. Some of the words were..." I was told to cheer up, things could be worse. So, I cheered up...sure enough, things got worse!" I'm ok, really....really....really My step-dad even called me today from the nursing home. Chewed me out good. He said I went behind his back to be his sponsor & put him in the nursing home. He didn't want to be there. He said if anything happened to him, that his blood would be required at my hands. Oh well....should have expected it....he's always been that way. HE signed himself into the nursing home. HE told the nurse to put me down as sponsor. HE asked me & my sister to get everything out of the apartment, & storage by the end of Sept. (when the rent was up) To give the things away, sell them, or throw them away. Whatever we thought best. We just about killed ourselves! I just hung up & laughed. What else could I do?!
Also, suppose to have thunderstorms Saturday. :^: Of course we are! :lol: Ok....I feel better, I vented. :D

Sheila...Hope your DH's problems with the navy turn out ok. I'm so sorry.
Glad your dad went back to the water. Hope things are better with his situation. I know you have your hands full. Thanks for the prayers for Saturday. Looks like you gotta pray harder, friend. ;)

Sunny...loved those doggies! You made me want bacon, with Garfield. :lol:

Bluet...the work problem is usually a seasonal thing. But, mostly January & February. This is usually a very busy time for him. He's had the slowest year ever. It's scarey, because he has work, if anyone does. He is well known for the good quality work, & people have waited for long periods of time to get him. Work everywhere around here is slow, with everything. The bills go on though, you know. I'm a little blue, also, because I can't do what I want for Christmas. I'm just glad I thought of the ideas for the kids & grands & started early. If I can't do for anyone else, they're most important. Thanks for the prayers for Saturday. I do believe in prayers. Just, lately, I guess my faith is fading a little. Sorry, I've got to stop this whining!
One thing going on with me....Tuesday (Nov. 2) it will be 2 years since our house fire......

Hello Jacquie....
Girls, I'm very concerned about Fatpuss. I emailed her with a card telling her we missed her. I haven't gotten a response. She always answered my emails. I'm afraid something has happened to her.
Talk to you all later.

Bluet 10-27-2004 10:16 PM

HI,

I just lost another post to good old micro-soft.

I guess we all are in a slump tonight. I stayed home from work today, came down with a sore throat and a head cold yesterday. Slept most of the day away.

We sound like we all need a big hug.

I have to go lie down again, I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Bluet

Angel-lover 10-28-2004 06:12 AM

ALL!

Sheila53 10-28-2004 08:19 PM

Thanks for the hugs, Charlotte! Sounds like we all need them.

Your step-dad sounds like he's developed some memory problems. My Dad did the same thing about moving. He picked the place and moved in, and now he says that we made him move there. You're right--all you can do is have a sense of humor about it.

I'm worried about Fatpuss, too. I hope she, DH, the kids, her Mom, and brother are all okay. If I remember correctly, her DH had some heart problems. :(

Actually, it was my daughter's husband who got in trouble with the Navy. He's currently stationed in Mississippi, while she's in Chicago. I haven't heard a word today so I don't know what's happening with him. I never call her anymore--just wait for her to call me.

Hey, although you aren't going to get to do everything you want for your family, you're doing something that's so incredibly special, Charlotte. You're creating a lasting keepsake for them, and I bet they will treasure that forever. In fact, it will be around far longer than your kids or grandkids.

Bluet, I hope you're feeling better! I was a bit under the weather, but am okay today. I started taking Actonel, which is like Fosamax, for my bones, and I'm worried it caused a reaction. I'll see when I take it next week.

Last night my DH said he was so tired of all the election commercials, and would be happy to go back to even a tampon commercial. So what do we see last night while watching one of the cable channels but two tampon commercials. :lol: I will be happy when the election is over, and people can stop sniping at one another.

Hope everyone is feeling better today both physically and mentally!