Old 11-01-2004, 02:25 PM   #31  

Ann, Good thoughts and prayers are being sent from up here to you. Wishing you an uneventful recovery.
Alice, Today is beautiful but the leaves are almost all down so it's getting ugly to look at the naked trees. Can't wait to come back, we are on a countdown. Doing last minute things like trying to eat out the house of stuff in the freezer and pantry as we will be gone 5 months. Getting the dogs tuned up like having their teeth cleaned and shots up to date and groomed. We have some last minute medical appointments to get out of the way. We are starting to plan what to bring back with us. You won't see much of a change in population till about January when most of the snobirds come back. Most of them don't rent but have that second home They seem to leave at the end of April so it really wasn't that bad. Where you are located it is even quieter. Venice is busier and of course Sarasota is where its happening. If you like ribs I recommend The Golddust I think it's called right after the Bridge on Venice Island. That place gets really busy cause they have all you can eat nights. We found lots of good restaurants and can't wait to try lots more. I love when you can open up the whole house and the outside becomes part of the inside. Probably what I like best about Fla living.
Hope all the rest of you have a good week and didn't blow it with Halloween. Only had 15 kids ring the doorbell so it was great. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #32  
Citizen of the World

Not much going on here. Having a nice long fall but lots of cloudy, misty days lately. People are complaining cuz we haven't seen the sun for a couple weeks. I did about 4 hours of garden clean up today. Have lots more to do but 4 hours is enuf at one time. I have the critical stuff done so if it snows now it will just have to wait til spring.

ANN--Thoughts and prayers going your way until we hear from you after the surgery.

CANDICE--Did you have a 70 degree day last week as we did? Was also very humid too.

It's pretty certain that we won't be going south this winter and I'm not looking forward to winter at all.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:56 AM   #33  

Yep Siwa and I worked outside...like you critical stuff done but still more to do......Cold and wet here so hurting of course!

Lizzie...thinking of you

Last edited by Candicej; 11-02-2004 at 01:26 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:25 AM   #34  

:d
Old 11-04-2004, 07:43 AM   #35  

Question for u guys.....
Way over 40.....is that age?????
CM
Coolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:57 PM   #36  

Hi Coolmom, Yes, that's over the age of 40 as we are a lovely group of woman in our late 50's.early 60's and 70's. All plagued with the same problem of obesity and struggling to control our weight. Please feel free to join us. Has anyone heard how Ann is doing? Bernice
Old 11-07-2004, 07:25 AM   #37  

Good morning,

Coolmom, WELCOME!!! Yes, we are all well over 40. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bernice, in Ann's last post I believe she said that she'd be missing about a week. I hope she's doing well. DH & I went to an art show in Venice yesterday. They blocked off W. Venice Ave. We were looking for something "Floridian" to put over our sliding glass doors in the living room. Everything was beautiful, but so expensive. We did come away with a ceramic wall hanging of a Boston Terrier, which DH hung over the sliders. It looks lost on the wall, but it will do until we find something. It has cooled off, it's been in the high 70's to low 80's, with low 60's early in the morning. I've put on long pants for the first time since we got here.

Siwa, will you and your DH be going to Alabama this winter like you have in the past?

Hi Candice

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #38  

I'm hurting, to much cleaning I guess, been at it for a few days trying to pace myself but it still hurts! My son will be Thursday so gotta go get the sheets on his bed. My cleaning help called in sick today so I'm doing it alone.

..my IBS was so bad this weekend...might be the whole batch of lemon bars a made and ate

My son ordered me a refurbished inkjet cartridge and it is leaking everywhere and it is still sealed ink all over!!!!!!!!! I reordered some new ones from Office Max..no one seems to carry them in the stores anymore, a very old printer but it still works good. Stilll checking into cameras....DH just does not want to spend the money on anything good! Do you all know anything about digitals?
Old 11-09-2004, 01:08 AM   #39  

Old 11-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #40  

Hi Alice and Candice,
As for the digital camera we have a Kodak DC215 which we hate because it's heavy and we never understood how to dock it to the computer so we bought a Casio Exilim EX s3 which I love because it's the size of a credit card and 3.2 megapixels. I carry it in my pocketbook, very light and extremely easy to use. Beautiful pictures,has zoom and makes 30 sec movies.
The docking statin is small and it's easy to download on the computer. I think we paid about 300 dollars for it.
The art fair in Venice is twice a year and the artist had beautiful and yes expensive items for sale but it was art and not craft type items. We bought a watercolor for our bedroom that I just love. You will see there are arts and crafts shows going on all the time and sometimes you see the same thing over and over. We found there was plenty to do and go and see. There is a good show in Sarasota in the middle of winter with music, food and activities. It was fun.
We actually are flying to Fla Sat as My DH's aunt died and will be buried here tomorrow and so we are going down to clean out the apt. Lovely job but someone has to do it. We will come back only to drive down to our house 2 weeks later. It's getting bitter cold here so I really don't mind the idea of one less week here.\
Have loads to do when we get there as we have furniture and window treatments ready to be delivered. Want to look for wallpaper and do the bathrooms and kitchen. Would have loved to have bought a model home and have had nothing to do. Oh well! Have a good day ladies. Bernice
Old 11-09-2004, 02:08 PM   #41  
Citizen of the World

We're having such a lovely fall this year---nice and long. Was able to do a couple more hours of garden clean up yesterday. I may even get it all done. That would make for an easier spring. nearly 60 again today but can the snow be far behind?!

Alice--No, we're not going south this winter. DS was not responsible with the house last year so we'll just have to wait til we no longer have cats or can find a long term house sitter. The wait for the cats could be a long one. The youngest is 13 and going STRONG! I'm hoping for an easy winter but in any case I'm not looking forward to it.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:20 PM   #42  

Bernice, I am so sorry for your loss. Many years ago DH & I had to fly to NYC to clean out my aunt's apt. when she passed away and then a few years later we had to fly to FL when my aunt in Venice passed away to clean out her house. So, I don't envy you the task. Have a safe flight.

Siwa, that's a shame you won't be going to AL this winter. You seemed to enjoy it so much. I hope you do have a mild winter.

Have a good evening everyone.
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:00 AM   #43  

Son was here and the meal went well, bakerd sand apple tart and some cookies
He gave us a all and adjust ment with his new techniques he has learned. But now I hurt. Not warm here Siwa and still have to cute a few things back.

My son gave me one of those outside projectors to put Chrismas scenes ont he garage but not sure I will have room, I will ahve to drag an extension cord out and check it out. 9need to be abit warmer for me to messing around out there. We got the garage done and I about froze!
Old 11-14-2004, 11:43 AM   #44  

Got DS off and now I'm on my way to bed.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 AM   #45