View Poll Results: Do You Wash NEW Clothes Before Wearing Them?
Of Course!!! Other People Have Tried Them On! 3 30.00%
Why? They Are New! They Aren't Dirty! 6 60.00%
Only My Lingerie & Undies 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 11:58 PM   #16  
Losing it!

Just sent you the info Carol! Please keep posting!!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:23 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Carol, I know this is a long shot, but do you think you could have gout? My brother is suffering through an attack right now so I was reading up on it. Are you eating alot of protein in your diet?
Old 10-11-2004, 05:58 AM   #18  

Gayle-Oh, my! I hope Allison heals quickly. Poor baby, she was in that accident last year and now this.

Mike got a job hooking up travel trailers for the hurricane victims. It will be 7 days a week and very late hours. Guess me and the girls won't be eating dinner much!!LOL!! I'm so glad. We need the money. He will be traveling around the state and doing it as a subcontractor. He hooked one up yesterday in Pt Charlotte, and said the devastation there is incredible. The people were so happy to have electricity in their temporary housing.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #19  
Losing it!

Shelley, tell Mike congratualations!!!!!!!!! I know this has to be a relief for you. Do either one of the girls have an interest in cooking like Mike does? I found a site of all crockpot recipes, you dump everything into one and let the crockpot do the work all day. If you want the link, just shout! Hmmmm.....Mike could get it all ready before he goes to work.... LOL!
Liz was the one in the car accident the first part of the year. It was funny though, Steve, Liz, Allison and myself made the trip yesterday to the ER and we ended up with the same RN that worked on Liz and he remembered us. Allison seems to be doing better, by last night she could place a little pressure on it and get around the house. kids heal so fast! It was really swelled last night before bed, so I placed ice on it again for about 30 minutes. I'm curious to see how it looks today when she wakes up. She had a visit planned today with her grandparents because of no school, so hopefully she will still be able to go for a few hours.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #20  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Girls..

School is out today for parent conference, but I went in and worked a couple of hours on paperwork. I have a bad sinus infection and just feel awful. Going to the doctor this afternoon!!

Gayle....Hope Allison is better today. You are right though, kids heal fast. Thanks for sending me the diet information.

Shelley....Tell Mike congrats on the new job. It will be helping lots of people too.

Sherry.....Are you enjoying your day off? I know all your house work is done, so please take a Sherry day today.

Carol.....Hope you are feeling better about things today. I know from personally experience that is is easy to get down on ourselves when you don't feel good. And it is almost impossible to get motivated. SO....feeling better should be your first goal. I hope you tell your doctor everything and he can help with your pain and depression. Then...work on a eating plan.

I have been doing a lot of soul searching. I am a strong willed person and surely can finish anything I set my mind to. SO...why is losing weight such a battle?? I have been fighting this thing for 25 years and there must be an answer why I put myself through this!!!

It all boills down to what is most important to me!!!
"Is cake more important to me than losing wieght?"
"Is ice cream more important to me than losing weight?"
"Is brownies more important to me that losing weight? ETC!!!"

I have decided to beat this battle once in for all!!!
Before I eat anything....I will ask myself...HOW important in this to me??
I want to feel good again!!! NOT....fat, old and tired!!!

HUgs...deb
Old 10-11-2004, 11:58 AM   #21  
Losing it!

WEIGH TO GO DEB! Please start posting on the food thread. We can all do this together!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:22 PM   #22  

hello friends!

deb,sounds like your headed in the right direction!
good for you!

gayle,oh my hoping for a pain free day!
thank heavens she didnt break it!
kids behind us have one but i wont let catagan get on.

carol,i understand exactly what your talking bout!
been there.
ive just come to the realization,to concentrate on today tomarrow comes with its own set of troubles.
in get so depressed over bills,stress ect.
i make myself sick.
hugs!!

shelly,great news tell mike congrats!
im so happy for you both,and he is helping others.
a blessing to all!
getting back in gear on my flylady program,
my house is trashed.
i did put out my halloween stuff altho it wasnt much.

i want to clean my porch's off and move my gardning stuff to the shed,tear that all out before it cold.
the weather this years been weird,want to plant tulips.
ok the room for today is bathroom ,spend 15 min. in there!
have a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: gif snoopy.gif (21.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-11-2004, 01:30 PM   #23  
Losing it!

Doni, when you get your house cleaned, do you wanna come clean mine???? LOL!
Old 10-11-2004, 01:42 PM   #24  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Let's not be so hard on ourselves. I wish I knew all the answers but - as is obvious from the size of my big ol' behind - I don't. One thing I DO know, though, is this: You have to take this thing one day at a time, one minute at a time, one second at a time. And when you DO slip up, don't beat yourself up over it and don't dwell on it. Accept it, say a prayer if that's your thing, and move on.

Think about the way we talk about ourselves in here...
I'm so fat.
I'm such a pig.
I'm lazy.
I'm worthless.

Now, turn those words around. If your best friend were struggling, would you say those awful things to her? Of course not! So don't say them to yourself. Try things like
I'm heavy, but I'm working on it.
That cake was not the best choice, but I can't uneat it. All I can do is start over from this minute.
I'm going to move my body for ten minutes today.
I'm not the sum total of my weight. I'm a wonderful mom/wife/teacher/friend/bookkeeper/artist/whatever.

Has anyone in here ever read any of Geneen Roth's books?
Old 10-11-2004, 07:38 PM   #25  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Jennelle

I respect your opinion but I don't think we bad mouth ourselves in here. We all have days where we " feel" fat and yes even like pigs. I have always felt I could be honest about my feelings when posting. Believe it or not but calling myself fat for a few days helps me. Then I shake it off and try again.

As of today...I have shook it off and trying again!!! LOL
Old 10-11-2004, 08:16 PM   #26  

Debbie, I guess I might just be hyper-sensitive to it. I've wasted so many years beating my self up and not believing that I'm worthy or beautiful and treating myself like dirt. I react much differently to calling myself fat or a pig...it spirals me into a depression and leads to some very unhealthy behaviors, such as restricting (not eating at all for days).

I'm not saying that everyone is filled with self-hatred, but am hoping that if anyone sees themselves in what I said, that it might help them. And I certainly agree that we should be honest about our feelings in here!
Old 10-11-2004, 10:38 PM   #27  

Jennelle,
I'm going to have to say what is in my heart. First of all, I'm glad you posted. You haven't posted since August and I wondered what happened to you.

I feel that you are so right on what you said about this diet thing takes one second at a time,one minute at a time & one day at a time.But I see nothing wrong with saying that I look & feel like a PIG! I AM FAT or I wouldn't be here! FAT is the reason why I came to 3fc years ago.That's the way I feel and I'm sure a lot of others have felt that way too at one time or other. But for me saying negatives things to myself has no affect on how I loss or gain weight. You have to have the "want-to" to really choose to eat right and lose weight. Nor does it make me have low self-esteem for myself. Also, I haven't heard anyone say that they are worthless or lazy. Those two words are so much different from saying I look fat or look like a pig. You're correct, we would never say those things to our friends though.Anyway, just wanted to get my 2 cents worth in.

Gayle...Please tell Allison I'm so sorry about her sprain. Bless her heart.Is she better now? Give her a big hug for me!

Can't post to everyone right now...The Titans are playing (away game). More tomorrow.

BTW: As Debbie said, We were out of school today. Mom came down and we went shopping all day. Had a great time with her.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:43 PM   #28  

Sherry - Like I said, I think maybe I'm a special case when it comes to body image issues. I'm so glad to know that you ladies don't struggle with that issue! It's a tough road, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

With that said, I've realized that the reason I don't post much here anymore is because my journey has led me to realize that my issues with food are due to some pretty deep, dark demons. I was afraid to share because I thought I might be the only one, and I guess I'm right. There are more appropriate places for me to post at 3FC. It's not a plea for forgiveness or a hope that you all can feed my ego by begging me not to leave - it just is.

You all are an awesome group of women, and I wish you all love, blessings, and happiness.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:53 PM   #29  
Losing it!

Hello girls!!!!! I for one get very down on myself. I know I am heavy and I know I NEED to lose weight and I know I have looked better. BUT, I also know I am a loving, considerate, caring person. I may not care for certains things about myself, but those things I try to recognize and change. I am trying to make NO MORE EXCUSES. If I slip up and eat something bad, I am going to realize it then go on and continue to eat healthy, but at the same I am going to hold myself accountable to the reason I am in the shape I am. NO MORE EXCUSES. No one held a gun to my head and forced 1/2 a dozen cookies down my mouth or ordered me to continue the late night binging. I take credit for all of it, I own it, I recognize it and now I will move on to make the changes I need to make for my well being. I know in the past I would use my behavior as an excuse... well I can eat three donuts because I'm mad or I can eat two huge pieces of cake because I'm happy etc. or the best one yet, ooop's I slipped up, oh well, I'll start dieting tomarrow...next week...next month....

Jennelle, how's school going this year? How many kids do you have in the classroom?

Deb, I hope you feel better soon! Please keep posting!

Sher, Allison seems to be recovering faster then mom! Her ankle looks terrible! It is all purple and swelled up to the calf area. We kept it elevated and iced throughout the day. Tomorrow we will try school. It is full day Kindergarten here with PE, so I'm going in the morning so I can visit with her teachers. We finally found a pair of shoes large enough to remove the laces and fit! She will look kinda dorky, but at least she will be making it to school.

I had another good day. I am staying OP and fixing healthy meals.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:00 AM   #30  
Losing it!

Jennelle, I guess we were posting at the same time. I wish you the very best in the path you choose to take. We are all different and I think we all view what is written differently also. I too have a few demons fighting to get out, but for me I think it is better if I try to work through it by myself and not share here.
Closed Thread