Amazing Autumn Royal Adventure !! All Welcome!!

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to

• Welcome all from every kingdom, province, monarchy, duchy, federation, or ------------------( please fill in the blank)......

To the AMAZING AUTUMN ROYAL ADVENTURE!!!!!

This adventure promises to lead us to places we've never been but have longed to see ... this adventure promises to teach things we thought we knew ... this adventure will be amazing!!

So, call your coachman, the adventure awaits!!

And as most adventures are written by the adventurer....

YOU decide ( and who better??) what direction you shall fly your colors!!

This adventure is a shared adventure... with other royals who will share and support ....

Open the blinds! Let down the drawbridge! Sound the trumpets!

WE ARE AFOOT!!

The Amazing Adventure Begins!!!
  • Holy mackeral!

Down for almost 4 hrs--- at first I figured it was just a way to keep me out of trouble and help keep the nose to grindstone but after a few hours I was definitely feeling internet withdrawl!!

WOW!
  • Hello all!

Well, believe it or not, DH and I already have the truck packed.... He must have gotten up at3:30 (!), I woke up when he did but didnt get up till 4... Everything was stacked up waiting... a few boxes still in the basement so as I write this I am still a little sweaty... That sure is one way to be wide awake in a hurry...

Now, DH is telling me the doors open for us to set up at 6-- the whole time I thought 7--just one of those things where "he said, she said"....

As I was packing the record albums yesterday ( Must be about 200) I kept resisting the urge to keep a favorite aside for myself.... Would make no sense at all as ... I don't have anything to play record albums on and.... the only way to keep albums in the pristine condition so many of these are is NOT to play them.....
    Yet, everytime I saw a favorite I automatically thought " Oh, that's a keeper"...
    Kind of like when I watch the Food Network channel and find my mouth drooling... unless its a cooking lite program, why do I torture myself watching people make pastry??

So, here's our thought of the day........

"If you believe you can or believe you can't, you're right"
    --paraphrased from Henry Ford

Question of the day:
    "Do you chew gum?"

KETTLE IS ON!
  • Thanks for starting the new thread, Kaylets! I'm ready to try something new as we go into autumn, something to set us up for the holiday season ahead. There, I said it! It won't be long, you know.

Yesterday at work was great. We had 800 kids from the local schools come to see the pow wow. The Native Americans were so nice, the kids were so into it too. I made all the vendors and dancers dinner last night---I thought there would be 50 at the most and there were almost 80! Luckily, I had a 'feeling', and made extra and it all worked out beautifully. And I was invited to dance with the women when they brought out the big drum and that was fun, altho I had to be gently reminded by the elders to not wiggle my shoulders. The upper body stays very upright and still [My Pilates training really helped there!] and only the knees go up and down and the feet only slightly leave the floor. Anyway, it was fun and I'm ready to go again and do it today when we're open to the public. Hope the rain holds off!
  • Sounds like two queens have very exciting days ahead today.

Did ok the first hour on my garage sale - much activity and little selling after that so I quit about noon. Happy enough with results - a little cash, a little extra space here and there. Didn't really have a lot out and have sorted out leftovers which will net me more space.

Off to DDs today to play w/the princesses. Check in tomorow evening. I'll be choosing my Autumn goals in the next day or so. Hopefully maintaining the goals I've been working on in last few sprints as well.

Great weekend, all.
  • 'Tis dark and damp in this corner of the kingdom...no walking for me!

Good luck at the market today K! Eydie that sounds like so much fun...the dancing. Anagram...good news on the garage...have fun with the princesses.
    Missed Punkin 'O Friday. And any news on the tadpole? Wildfire...how are thee? Arabella...EOM is done?

I have to work today, so brevity is the cry! Have been successful these days...in my health programme...today's goal is to drink the water! I have a social do tonight so am going to be very conscious of what crosses these lips!

Ceara
  • Hello all!

Fleamarket was a bust. We barely made the rent... no one did well. Lots of folks walking through...not buying...

Back to Ebay!

DH is very discouraged and won't even consider a place closer to home that is having an inside/outside market next week... he's also having lots of asthma issues which makes me think that's the other reason he's not interested...

anyway... very disappointing... we also went w/ signs and business cards advertising our services as Ebay Assistants...One person expressed interest... would we consider putting her troll collection up for auction... well...all I know for sure is that there must be someone else out there interested in trolls....

Could've been worse I guess... could've not made enough to pay the table rent and I could've spent much more time getting ready for the event....

so...

Next step in the adventure....

Load of laundry!

w/ a cup of tea!

• Kaylets, Sorry your sale didn't go better. What do you do as an E-Bay assistant? Sounds interesting.

Anagram, have fun with the princesses! Don't forget to share your autumn goals with us! I'm still cooking up a plan....

Yesterday the pow wow was so much fun. All the dancers in their regalia! [A little pow wow trivia for you: it's bad form to say 'costume', it's 'regalia'] And they were all so stunningly nice--these people truly wanted to share their heritage, so generous. And I get the impression that they do the pow wow circuit and they all know each other so it had the feeling of a big family reunion. [The good kind!] It was an outdoor event and almost 1000 people from our community came, so it was a huge success! We'll definitely do it again next year.
    We've talked about "putting orselves out there". Yesterday. 'putting myself out there' was thrust upon me! The guy heading up the powwow asked for someone fron Reynolds Homestead. I was the only one standing around the circle and I went up. I thought he was just going to say a 'thanks for the hospitality' thing, and suddenly he's handing me the microphone and asking me to do the introduction!!!!!!!!! I took the microphone and started talking. I really have no idea what I said, but I know I said it with enthusiasm. At one point I must've said something good, because the drummers were pounding the drum and whooping, probably something about doing it next year. Anyway, after a couple of sentences things went all swirly and surreal and I wrapped it up. I only said a few sentences, but I said them with enthusiasm. And the scary thing is I think if I'd had a few minutes to plan I could've done a decent welcoming speech. And I'm not agaonizing over it--it was what it was, and that's a new thing for me. I do know this: after doing that infront of a few hundred people, teaching Pilates should be a breeze! It all happens for a reason, right?

• Hello all!

YAY Eydie!! Yes, I agree... it does all happen for a reason... and you're right, Pilates will be a breeze... after all, you already know what you're going to have to say in class!
    When we first moved to Delaware, I took a job at a Tandy Leatherworking store and many customers were Native Americans buying for their regalia... and yes, you're right, it is a reunion of sorts... annual events that go back long long b/4 we got here... trading, sharing, competing, celebrating......

So, don't leave us guessing... what did you prepare that you had "enough extra" to feed almost 30 more??

Anagram--- Sometimes its almost makes you wonder whose idea was it anyway to have these yardsales, fleamarkets ...
    Ah well, at least we burned some calories !!

Ceara-- damp yesterday, sunny today but wearing sweaters w/ jean jackets...
    Walked the local farmers market for our Sunday walk and again, glad I wasnt out there trying to sell... very breezy ... some vendors were wrapped in blankets...

Did buy a big pot of garlic chives from one vendor...they taste garlicky now and might be a good experiment for the front patch of yard... which I have decided to reclaim from the ivy... at least try... ivy is trying to take over and that wasnt my plan... just wanted it to be an accent....

so my friends... one load of linens hanging out grabbing the breeze, another load running now, kettle is ready to sing, need to start some soup as well as freeze another batch... notice how when you know you're time is short you manage to make every moment count??

Ok... off for a short kitchen adventure... the question if ... can I stay in there a full 15 minutes?

Big Hugs to all!
  • I did it!
    Happy Sunday, s of the Realm -- Reporting in on the Breast Cancer Run (happy they don't call it "Race") for the cure. I did it! Finished the 5k running, was tempted to walk the last of it, thought "who would care if I did?" Decided only I would, and that was enough to keep me "running." AND there were at least 30 people ran in after I did. I suspect most of them did a run/walk thing, but I consider them runners and so consider that I beat them

Eydie, love the sound of your pow wow and dancing. Reminds me of Scottish dancing, the way the upper body is almost motionless. However, the feet really go.

Kaylets, sorry about the flea market -- some things are just like that, huh. A friend of mine who sells antiques and collectibles finds that there's quite a fluctuation from one day to another.

Ceara, it's dark and rainy here too. Not too hard though -- I got damp, but not drenched.

Anagram, have fun with the princesses! I haven't seen his Lordship (DGS) for over a week and am starting to suffer withdrawal. Heard a child that sounded very much like him at a second-hand store and my heart leapt! Mad about the boy!

Hmmm... goals -- that sounds like a good idea

New week coming up! Love to all...
  • Yo, s!!! Just a fly-through on the broomstick, sorry again for the brevity mode!

Lost 1.4 pounds on my Scary Hallowe'en Challenge ... details on journal in the land far away!

Arabella, finishing the Race for the Cure was an awesome accomplishment. Kudos!!! :up: It was great that you wanted to stop but kept going ...

Kaylets, garlic chives are delicious. Back east, I grew them all the time and used them a lot. Sorry your sale was a bummer. I admire you for doing these sales ... I couldn't sell so much as a raffle ticket if my life depended on it.

Huzzah to all, mentioned and unmentioned.

Kind of blah right now. Will return when I'm perky!
  • Hello all!

Wood Nymph! GOOD FOR YOU! Yes, I agree, its what we do when no one else is looking that is that defining factor...

Congrats Empress on your loss! Glad you stopped by... been missing you!

Eydie-- An Ebay Assistant will do an auction for folks who would rather not do it for themselves... no interest, no time, no computer, no experience, ...
    So far, we've really only "assisted" ourselves... but we've been doing this almost 5 yrs now...

so, back to work... Am trying not to think about what might be waiting for me.. just get back into the routine and see what that brings ...

For sure, this past week has reminded me that a schedule is a must for me... otherwise, the time just speeds away as I browse books and magazines and take naps.... The good news on the naps is that yesterday, I didnt feel like I needed one... so maybe I was just needed the rest... hmmmm ... such a concept....

Thought of the day:

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."

--Ruth Ann Schabacker

Question of the day:
    " If you were stranded on desert island but allowed to bring one herb or spice ...... what would it be?"

I'm off!
    KETTLE IS ON!
  • Kaylets, I made chili [with onions, sour cream and cheese to add], rice, salad, and cookies for the dinner. I'd had some chili left over from another lunch and I froze it, and got it out of the freezer before Friday 'just in case'. And I always stockpile lots of cookies in the freezer so I had plenty. And not to make broad sweeping generalizations----but Native Americans eat A LOT!!! As all people do when they're having a good time! And get this, the chili was totally vegetarian and low-fat and nobody even noticed there was no meat. I LOVE that!

Empress, congrats on the weight loss. Amazing what a little tweaking can do, huh?

And all honor and respect to Arabella for finishing strong in her 5K!!! We're so proud of you!!!

Ahh, Monday. A new week, another chance at being supremely healthy!
  • Am off again....as usual. First I'm gonna wash some dogs legs, then walk, then blow those legs dry then go to my friends for some grooming tips...Jeesh! I think I took too much hair off at the last show.

Then I plan to head home and wash and blow dry the youngest heathen. A full day at work and training class after 8. I think I'm gonna be tired!

Congrats on completing the Run for the Cure Arabella. You are right, you would have cared if you'd walked the last bit...Kudos!
    Good going Empress A.... I knew you could do it.

The week end was OK....got a Sunday walk in, didn't stuff myself in the usual Thanksgiving tradition...the bird was good...my oven is filthy...and the overall week end was nice. Dinner Saturday night was fatty....I didn't put the gravy on the battered chicken breast cutlets....but that was OK...The salad was good...Off to a new week and good choices Oh yes...and Water.

Gotta run...

Ceara
  • Hello all!

Adventure was disappointing last night... another 1.5 gain... I could feel my pants getting tighter and tighter all day... might have been the lentil soup I had for lunch... also noticed my bra fits very snugly this am too..... Sigh....

But what are you gonna do????

again, sometimes, its just the simple idea that we are expecting too much from ourselves..
    If a friend told us they hadn't lost much in the past few weeks, we would be supportive... Sometimes I need to remember to be a better friend to myself...
    Hmmmmmm... that good get very long winded!

I have about 3 minutes to get out the door so I wish ALL of us a day to be kind to ourselves and remember that its not what happened yesterday its what is in front of us today ...

Thought of the day :

"We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from it."
    --William Osler--Physician 1849-1919

Question of the day :

" Would you compete on Jeopardy or Fear Factor?"

Kettle is on!

and yes, chili sounds perfect for a crowd!