Old 09-17-2004, 02:55 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 38

Hi All,

Here is a refresher of my goals:

Short Term Goal: Be under 200 pounds by my birthday week weigh in, on November 3.

Mid Term Goal: Be at 190 by the end of the year.

Long Term Goal: Be at 170 at February 9 weigh in.

Goal Goal: Be at 150 by June 1.

This last week was okay. Could have been a little better. I plan on having a better week this week.

Job is stressing me out, not because of the work, but because of personality conflicts. Just having a tough time with my boss. A lot of things there and a big history, but she used to be a coworker who was promoted to my boss and has a competition issue with me. The need to micromanage is coming out and it's tough for me to deal with.

I must be the better person and rise above it. I know I am a better person about it and that there are a lot of things going on in her personal life and addictions she is battling, but it's not fair to take it out on me.

So, my goal this week is to contain my anger and frustration. Remember how I work and who I am is good, and that others sometimes try to take that away from me because of their own insecurities. I usually turn to food when I am emotional and I started to do that today. Not going to do it again.

Okay, here is to a good week, I hope.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:39 PM   #2  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Alright, where is everyone?????

My weekend was a bust, and I hate horribly. Why do I keep doing this to myself??

I sure hope people come back soon...

Chach
Old 09-20-2004, 06:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

I just got back from my San Diego trip. What a beautiful city!

I did not do well diet wise. I ate quite a few things that I should not have eaten, and I did not exercise much at all. But, I was far more in control than is typical for me even in a regular setting. After 4 days of this, I got on the scale and was up only 2 lbs. I will not be able to lose it all by my weigh-in, but I'll get it down to a pound. This next week will be better.

It is posts like yours, Chach, that make me so glad that I'm self-employed! Sometimes I have tension with my employees, sure, but I can only imagine how much more stressful it is for them than it is for me.

Be well,

Dan
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:54 AM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Howdy!

Dan, seems to be you and me. A little lonely, but still determined.

Tonight is weigh in, and considering all the stress I've been under, I'll be good to either maintain or only a little gain.

I don't know why I let life get to me and turn towards food. Guess that is just the conditioning I've always had.

So, I've been back on my Gazelle and haven't let that go. We are getting a treadmill once it gets here and also a "universal" weight gym. We will be getting those things within the next three weeks. Something to look forward to.

You did well, especially with all the possibilities you had to eat. Vacation is hard, and I am not going on one until February.

So, weigh in tonight for me, and I had been contemplating not going, but I need to and face the music. Time to buckle down and get back on track, or I will not meet goals I have set for myself. I need to remember why I am doing this in the first place.

Happy Wednesday.

Chach
Old 09-22-2004, 01:12 PM   #5  

HEy all. Sorry, I took some time off. Seemed like things were getting off track. I didn't have the energy for some of the posts. But we do seem to stay focused on our efforts. Chachee, I hear you on letting life interfere. I have also been letting stress - mainly job stress - get to me. I have been eating. and just in a funk. And now I am sick. Great.

I realized, too, part of it may be subconscious fear. I am 10 pounds away from having lost 50. 15 pounds away from being half way to my goal. That is huge. But, I think there is still some fear of success. Once I get there, then what? But, if I keep focused on loving myself NOW, and living life to the fullest NOW, then there should be no fear of a number on the scale. I am already a success.

So, here's to our goals. We will have to overnight express Bat back and forth. Share the butt kicks.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:16 PM   #6  

Hi all, i am new to your site.. i have a long way to go .. i just joined LAWL this week and am struggling to make it,my highest weight was 297 last week and i am down to 289.5 so far... i know i am in the battle for my life so any suggestions or positive stories are much appreciated... i go for my next weight in tomorrow
dutchy_1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:28 PM   #7  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

First, welcome to Dutchy! This is a great group and very supportive, so we welcome you with open arms!

You can tell from my signature that I was 283 at my highest. I've struggled all my life with weight issues and have been trying the past few years to get some control over it. That highest weight was in 2000. I haven't really been trying, until this February when I joined WW. I love the meetings and the eating plans. I've also really been committed to exercising.

For me, it's not even a daily struggle--it's a minute by minute struggle to keep my weight goals in mind and not make bad choices. Hard to undo a life of bad eating and choices in a year, but I'm working on it piece by piece.

I am a compulsive scale-stepper. That is a huge struggle for me, and one that I am still working hard on. I was so obsessed with the scale at one point I was weighing up to 5 times a day. Now I weigh once a day just to keep the numbers in mind. Probably more than I should, but I do that daily still.

We post weekly or short range goals we would like at achieve here. It can be weight related, ornot. Anything you want/need to work on in your life is fair game, and we share a lot.

Jolly: I've been missing you a lot. The scary thing is that we seem to be going through the same types of stuff right now. Taking it day by day, right now, and hope that it comes back together soon. We can do this together. Don't make me wonder where to send Bat!!!

Alright, weigh in tonight for me. It's my call to attention that I need this week.

Happy Wednesday.

Chach
Old 09-23-2004, 04:36 AM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi all.

I was down 0.8 from the 1 pound gain last week. Pretty good considering all the crap I have been eating.

Can't stay long as my hubby and I just got home from the emergency room. He's got a kidney stone on the move and is in unbearable pain. We have to go see his urologist tomorrow. So, due to the fact he is on such high power pain killers, I am home at least tomorrow.

Well, going to get some rest, I hope.

Happy Thursday.

Chach
Old 09-24-2004, 11:55 AM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Going to start the new thread now.

Chach