3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   SAHM's 238- Monday! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/46251-sahms-238-monday.html)

spryng 09-06-2004 09:48 AM

SAHM's 238- Monday!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy for 2 yrs., who is 27. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months

spryng 09-06-2004 10:01 AM

Good morning all! Didn't want to confuse anyone by posting in yesterday's thread because I know some of you just look for the day of the week and click on it, lol. So here it is!

OK, today I don't have too much planned. Some light housework... I think I will work on my new cleaning list. I taped The practice last night so I'll watch it sometime today. Dinner tonight will be beef stroganoff... sounds good right now! I'm starting to get nervous about my appointment on thursday... seems to be coming way too fast. I just hope it doesn't hurt!!

Mel, I hope you get to the bottom of that acid reflux... sounds so painful! And my weekend after dh left went fine. It went fast actually... he'll be home this friday so I am looking forward to that! Also, he may be home much more very soon! If he puts in for day driving at his company maybe as early as next week he can be home everynight and every weekend!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers going! I want this soooo badly!

Penny, you crack me up... I'm finally being how hot I look huh? LOL! That is matter of opinion! But I will have dh take a pic of me this weekend so I can post an updated one. I'm almost 10 lbs lighter than the one in my avatar so maybe there will be some changes. And I think you will definitely be in the 150's by the time you get those clothes off of layaway! I am starting to do that too, buy smaller. Since all the summer stuff is on clearance I'm buying size 6 stuff for next year... I'm hoping next year is the best year ever for summer. I should be nice and toned if I workout like I'm suppose to and be at my personal goal weight. So a size 6 should be perfect I think. But it is a great motivator!

Cindi, you did sooo great yesterday! Keep it up! I'll tell you how I keep my kids out of my bed... when it used to storm they'd end up in our bed and believe me I have to have room to move so I cant stand them in bed with me, so instead of putting them in my bed I'd put bubba in bed with Ava and that works like a charm. I never hear a peep from them. In fact it stormed late last night and I put bubba in Ava's bed and all was fine, no matter how bad the storms get as long as they are together it doesn't bother them. But when the weather is fine they sleep in their own beds. If that won't work for you you can always set up a pallet on your floor so that they are close to you but not in your bed. I don't know how 5 people can fit in a queen size bed, lol. I have a queen and at times I feel me and DH is too much for it, LOL!

Ok, I'm off here for now unless someone snuck in on me,lol. TTYL!

MichelleRae 09-06-2004 10:20 AM

Hey girls!!

Good Morning!!

Hope you are all doing well!! Anyone have anything planned for Labor day?

QOTD: What is your favorite Personality trait that you have?

Answer: I like that I am able to look at things objectively and come to a conclusion after hearing all parts of a story.

FUN QOTD: What is your favorite Cartoon Character?

Answer: I loooveee Animaniacs and Johnny Bravo.

Spryng I bet you can't wait for DH to come home this weekend!! I know you will have a great time and I can't wait to see a new picture!!

My 2 year anniversary is tomorrow and we are going out for dinner and a movie. Nothing fancy, we were going to go stay at a nice hotel but we will miss the girls to much so we decided not to lol.

Anyway I need to get the house cleaned. Hope you all have a great day.
Michelle

melmcc99 09-06-2004 10:29 AM

Spryng, I will keep my fingers crossed that DH is home soon and gets the day driving job. That would be awesome for you and the kids. I can't imagine how much you miss him when he's gone.

Michelle, congrats on the Two year anni coming up!!! YEAH!!! I have to think about those qotd's

Penny, thanks for your concern. I don't want bugga to have anything wrong with him, but at least it might be an answer to our troubles.

need2losemore 09-06-2004 10:39 AM

Good morning.QOTD: Do you have any tattoo's, and if you can, tell us where.
Yes, I have two. One on my ankle, and one right below my collar bone.
I hope everyone is having a good day. I went to the lake yesteday with my brother,SIL, and my mom. We rode the jet ski, and went out on a boat. Today we are having Eric's birthday party. Gotta go to walmart and get some stuff.

MichelleRae 09-06-2004 10:47 AM

I have 4 tattoos and 4 piercings 2 oriental style butterflies and 2 japanese charachters one butterfly is on the base of my neck, the other is on the center of my lower back with the japanese characters on either side. The symbols stand for truth and honor, my tats are all black with no color in them.

Ricci have fun at the party.

Mel I Hope bugga is okay. Keep us updated :)

Loveliam 09-06-2004 11:00 AM

Good morning ladies. Boy, we slept in very late here LOL. It's nice, but now I think we'll be on this late-night schedule. Still have my list of chores for today, which I always wait to tackle during Liam's naps.

Spryng- glad the kids did well in Church. Do you think you'll take them more regularly? I've been feeling like I'm lacking spiritual fulfillment and would like to try out various churches or something, but also worry about really being able to concentrate if I also have to watch Liam. I think the appointment will go well - I'll be thinking of you :) I can't wait to see your new pic!

Cindi- :cheer: on the 2 mile walk! I have no advice about keeping kids out of bed LOL. We're co-sleepers.

Penny- I love the idea of a treat every night they sleep in their own bed. That's a great idea!!! You're brilliant LOL. I truly have to now share this with some of my friends . . . Oh, I am positive you'll get those clothes out of layaway. Melissa won't let you do it any other way :lol:

Melissa- Wow- I bet you're right about the acid reflux. Keep us posted on what the doc says.

Michelle- Happy almost-anniversary! I bet you'll have fun on your date with DH :D

Ricci- sounds like you had lots of fun!

Is Crystal out of town?

QOTD 1: I think I am a very perceptive person. I read people fairly well and do a pretty good job taking other people's feelings into account.

fun QOTD: Hmm - can this be a group? I love King of the Hill, but can't single out one character in particular.

QOTD 3 : No tatoos :)

Okay, gotta really get the day going LOL TTYL.

mompen 09-06-2004 11:44 AM

Morning Ladies!

I got my menu done for the week... no exotic food though...lol

Today: BBQ
Tuesday: Low Fat Chicken Pot Pie
Wednesday: Roast Beef Poboys (CRAVING!)
Thursday: Baked Lemon Fish
Friday: Low Fat Lasanga

Michelle,
Who is watching the girls for you? Hope you have a wonderful time! I know you will :) What are you gonna see? How is the bow flex? We have the one like it from Sears. We have only used it once but we don't have any room in the house for it so it is in the shed :( :( :(

Leigh,
Hope you get your list of chores done. I am gonna go check out your list :)

Mel,
Let us know about the dr. I sure hope everything is ok! :)

Ricci,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC! :balloons: I love the jet ski :) They are so fun! Hope you had a great time!

Spryng,
I know I need to get my butt to exercising! Hope you have a good day! Dh will be in in 4 days! YAH! Are you going up Thursday to see him?

Ok I gotta finish cleaning this nasty house! YUCK!

mompen 09-06-2004 11:49 AM

Oh Shut! I forgot the qotd's....lol

#1 ... I am usually an upbeat entergic person :) Most of the time...lol

#2 ... Ok this is a hard one! I think I like Winnie the Pooh and Cartman :) BTW, My hubby's favorite is Snoopy :) He is tattooed on his arm :)

#3... No tattoos... I always said I would wait until I was skinny... well, I am still waiting...lol The only piercings I have is one at the top of my ear and just two at the bottom. Again, I was waiting for the belly when I was skinny but I will never get my belly to look good enough for that.....lol

spryng 09-06-2004 12:39 PM

Hello again!

Boy I've been burning cd's like crazy this morning. but now I'll have some new music to listen to in the van.

OK, QOTD"S!! So glad there are so many!! :)

Ok, QOTD 1- I like that I am serious yet silly. I can be very responsible and clear headed but at the same time I love to act dumb and say off the wall things. (guess that could be a fault too, lol)
fun QOTD- hmmm... don't really know. I love Patrick on spongebob, no matter what mood I am in, if he's on tv he cracks me up. He's the animated version of Phoebe from friends! LOL
QOTD 2-- no, no tattoos... YET! I do plan on getting one eventually. My dh doesn't have any either, but my parents both have them. My mom has a black rose on her breast (I don't encourage big breasted women to do this! LOL.. now it is a very LOOOOONNNNGGG stem black rose, LOL!) and my dad has a peace sign with a marijuana plant growing out of it on his bicep. I always loved it, it's very colorful. What can I say.. he enjoyed the 70's! LOL!

Penny, I hope I can go up thursday to see him, but I don't know yet. Right now he is in Denver and will be there until tomorrow night, but he has family there and they are having a blast!

leigh, I probably will take the kids to church more often. It made me feel really good. I felt the same way you do, that something was lacking so I decided to just go! LOL...

Ricci, can I come too!! You sound like you've been having lots of fun! I want to have some too! :)

Michelle, happy anniversary!!!!!!! That's so nice! I hope you guys have a great day together!

Ok, I need to make me some lunch and then my soaps will be starting soon. TTYL!

Bayleysmom 09-06-2004 01:30 PM

Hey everyone! Just woke up! LOL Dh and I slept as long as we could before Bayley couldn't take anymore so we are up now. Had a good time visiting with his parents yesterday up at their campsite so that was fun. We were going to have our friends over today for a BBQ but they are fairly new friends and we can't find their phone number! We looked in the phone book and everywhere else we could think of and still can't find it, oh well I guess we will just hang out here and do our own thing.

So I was at Toy's R Us the other day and guess what they are selling again...................Garbage Pail Kids trading cards!!! Does anyone remember those? I freaked out and bought a pack cause I just couldn't believe they were out again! For those of you that don't know what they are it's baseball card sized pictures of Cabbage Patch Kids that are really disgusting! They crack me up, I might take a digital pic of one later and show you all. Sorry I am so excited about these but this was straight out of my childhood and I couldn't resist.

Thanks for all the advice about weaning guys! For the past few months I have been exclusively pumping and just nursing Bayley once a night or early morning. She took to a bottle right away after she was born so I have been able to pump and give her a bottle for a long time. I have been mixing whole milk and breastmilk for the past few weeks and she is totally on whole milk now so we're done. I did pump a little yesterday morning and it seemed to help, I'm not sore today at all. Kind of going to miss these two though :) I know I will go back to what I was before I got preg. or smaller and I am not looking forward to that, I told dh to wave bye bye last night, he was sad LOL
Ok enought of that.........................................

Spryng I'm so excited your dh is coming home this weekend. Good luck on getting him a local job, I hope he can get one! I can't wait for an updated photo I'm sure you look so good! I know people have been noticing a diff. in me lately since I have almost lost 10 pounds!! I was wearing clothes from before I was preg. all weekend so that has made me feel soooooooooo good. I'm going to go shopping for school (for me) after Bayley's birthday so I hope to be even smaller by then! You are doing so good on your weight loss, I'm sure you will be nice and toned by next summer!

Mel I have heard a lot about acid reflux in children, I know they were starting to link it to colicky babies and I thought that was really interesting. The more I think about it the more I think you may be right about Bugga. I actually hope that's what it is because I think it is easily treatable and you will be able to get sleep again!! I know how miserable it is to have acid reflux cause I had it when I was preg. Well it was probably just severe heartburn but it made me throw up a couple times and I didn't get much sleep at all! Let us know how it all turns out.

Michelle congrats on the anniversary!! Ours is on Wednesday! It will be 4 years! I hope you guys have a blast, I think we are going to dinner too and then will go shopping for Bayleys birthday. We went to the movies last week and there really isn't anything else we want to see so we'll call it good. I hope you are having a good day!

Hey Ricci! I am jelous about the jet skis! We were watching people on them at the lake yesterday and were wanting to ride some so bad! I hope you are still enjoying school!

Hey Leigh we are on a late schedule this weekend too! I hope I can get it back to normal though cause this wont cut it when I go back to school! Hope you are having a good weekend. Good job on your organizational stuff! It's sounds like it is working good for you.

Penny I am sure you will be in the 150's by the time you get those clothes off layaway, just keep at it and get in that exercise!

QOTD: I like that I can diffuse tense situations and I can make people laugh (usually)

QOTD#2: I don't think I have a favorite cartoon character, maybe Kim Possible?

QOTD#3: I don't have any tattoos and probably won't get any but I do have my bb pierced, not so pretty these days! LOL

Ok I am finally going to post this and I hope someone didn't sneak in on me! I was trying to help dh cook breakfast and burnt the bacon while I was supposed to be typing this so we will see! TTYL

Bayleysmom 09-06-2004 01:39 PM

P.S. Spryng I am on Chapter 3 of the game!! My son is now like 8 or 9! Ya I've been playing it a lot but I only have till Wed. so I have to get it in!

Jaymi_Dol_78 09-06-2004 04:32 PM

Hello Everyone! I'm still alive!! I did actually lose 2 lbs... even though I messed up big time! :lol: I went out of town this weekend on the spur of the moment... and now I'm pretty sick.. I think I'm coming down with a cold... my head hurts to even think.. so I'm going to try to log on tomorrow or later today and update everyone! I hope everyone is having a blessed day!

BIGtimeLOSER 09-06-2004 04:51 PM

I Did It Again!!!

I went for another walk, I think the track I am using is more than a mile and I went two laps. My pedometer said 2.5 miles but I don't know if I completely trust that. I am sore today though. There are a couple of good hills on it, so I think it's a good one to walk. I can't tell you how much better I feel after I do that...I guess it's like that "runner's high" I have heard about.

Gotta take Justin...be back sooon

sydsmom 09-06-2004 05:00 PM

HI there ladies! So glad that you all seemed to have fairly good weekends ! ;) Mine was good...but to me its not over, dh is finishing the fence now, and dd is napping, I am getting the desk cleaned off, then when dd wakes up we are all going to be outside..we are going to clean the garage, and get the yard work done this afternoon/evening, and then tonight we have to do the bills and pack for dh to leave tomorrow morning :( He gets to come home each weekend, but I am not going to be used to this, so we'll have to see how it all pans out. SO this week he will only be gone 3 nights. SO....BUSY REST OF THE DAY FOR ME !!! :) I wish I could nap today, but I have to get this desk cleaned up so I can move my mouse farther than the middle of the pad! :lol: its getting really bad !!!

QOTD#1 : I think that my ability to read people is really good, and I think that I am always "real"...I don't try to be something I'm not. I don't pretend to be rich or extremely happy all the time like alot of people I know. I just live MY life for me and the ones I love, and that is all I will need in the end !!! :)

QOTD#2: We are loving, loving DOra around here, and Spongebob, rugrats and fairly oddparents. Those are the only shows that sydney really watches, and she gets to pick 2-3 1/2 programs a day! I like Jimmy Neutron too ! :)

QOTD#3: NO tattoos....yet...dh has a bulldog face with a backwards cap on his arm and I have been to " Grinn and Barrett" (local tattoo place) twice to find something I like, I think if I do get one, it will be on my hip or lower back...not noticable all the time !! my ears are double peirced and I had my belly button and tongue peirced but took both of those out when I got pregnant (i went through this whole, act like a woman not a teenager thing, when I was prego, LOL !!! my favorite thing to tell dh was "grow up" when he would do somehting imature! :lol:)

okawy getting a little personal now (from what I can remember!!! :) :)

Mel - GO with your mommy mind! That is what my mom always says..it sounds like you are right on with the acid reflux thing. Make sure that you get all the testing, etc, done that you want done! I will keep you and patrick in my prayers! :)

Leigh - glad that your organizing is motiviating you so much, I am rally getting into that too lately !! :) I know how you feel about getting some sprirtual nurishment! :) We felt that way too about 2 years ago and started going to churches until we found one we really LOVE!! SOme of yo were saying that you dont' want to fight your children at church, and/or don't feel like you will get anything out of it if they go...we felt the same way too! The church that we found has a "worship service" for kids!!!!
From birth to 2 years old, they go to the nursery, they just color and sing songs, and play, then they become a "spark" which is 2 and 3 year olds and they have their own little worship service, and then once htey turn 4 they go to "livewire" which they go to until 6th grade...after that they sit with their parents! WE lov eit, because it is really safe for them, you have to have a key card to drop off and pick up downstairs, and then you just go get them when all is said and done..they get alot more out of it, and it enables me to actually pay attention! :) sometimes they come and sing upstairs for us and stuff, its pretty cool !!! :) Okay - the book has been written, just thought that I would share with you all! :) sorry if I was long winded !!! haha!

SPryng - glad that you had a nice surprise visit from dh!! You are so skinny girl, a size 8 is a dream for me! :) I need to get my butt in gear and STAY on track! I keep doing whats "easy" though. gggrrrrr......

Jill - Sounds like you got lots of good advise about weaning.....what mel did is pretty much exactly what I did too. It worked well thank god! Sounds like its a good thing you only have that game until wednesday! haha! :lol:

Ricci - Happy Birthday to Eric!!! Sounds like you had so much fun! bil has a jet ski and we love it! :) our boat is where I would live if I could, during the summer ! :)

Michelle - Happy Anniversary :love: - I hear ya about leaving the munchkins! You know what is weird, is our 2 year anniv, is nEXT tuesday, the 14th!! We got married a week apart !!! :)

Penny - your menu sounds good, how is teaching going? Thats nice that dh is home today to do the yard work! :)

well I better get going on this desk! :yikes: so I will see you guys either later tonight or in the mornign after I take the princess to pre-school !!! ;)

TTYL !!! Hi to anyone I missed! :)