3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   SAHM's #235 Friday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/46112-sahms-235-friday.html)

watkinsguru 09-03-2004 05:58 AM

SAHM's #235 Friday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months

watkinsguru 09-03-2004 06:10 AM

Fabulous Friday

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Hello ladies. I hope everyone had a great evening and night. Hope everyone continues to have a great Friday.

Spryng, so sorry about your kids last night. What was their problem? Kids can be kids and usually are. Hope the night calmed down for you and you have a good day. Is this the weekend dh comes home? I can't remember.

Leigh, glad everything is good for your friend. Does it give you the baby blues? Of course, yours is still a baby.

Kristin, I wanted to say a couple more things about midwifes. Mine was old school, had delivered over 2000 babies and had practiced for more than 25 years. She didn't have drugs or couldn't prescribe them. She knew too many home remedies and herbs that ALWAYS did the trick. She wouldn't induce but legally if you went more than 3 weeks past due, she had to send you to a doc because your placenta starts to shut down and she wouldn't hesitate to do that. She stayed on call with docs at the local hospital in case of emergencies. She carried iv's with her if need be, she had oxygen with her if need be. My first had to have the oxygen as soon as she came out and I had to have the iv after delivering Andrew. With all that said, I still preferred home birth easily over going to a doc. A friend of mine had 2 in the hospital and one at home, her home birth was 9.9 lbs. and she still preferred home birth over a hospital. But each to their own. I do wish you luck, finding the right person for THAT job is HARD.

Hello to Jill, Jaymi, Penny, Michelle, Mel, and everyone else out there.
Hope everyone has a great and wonderful day.

I am going to school and hopefully nap before going to clean mom's house. I need to deliver Avon as well. I'll check in later.

Loveliam 09-03-2004 07:42 AM

Good morning :) Early to bed, early to rise . . . babies to go to sleep at 7, wake at 6:30am! :D :lol: Actually, it's fine because that's one looonnggg sleep, and Liam tends to be a later sleeper than most babies.

Crystal- funny you ask about the baby blues- my friend having the baby made me think a lot about Liam when he was newborn. I both do and don't miss it if you know what I mean. It was both wonderful and extremely difficult- especially since he was colicky. Sounds like your avon sales are going well.

Spryng- wonder why the kids were so difficult last night? Odd how they sometimes get. Your experience with your midwife sounds a lot like my experiences.

Well, it's mine and Deana's day . . .
QOTD: What future discovery do you anticipate/look forward to the most? Why?

For me first is a cure for Diabetes. My sister has type 1 diabetes since she was 5. I think that would be a wonderful cure to have.

TTYL :)

mompen 09-03-2004 08:30 AM

Morning,

Crystal,
Did you ever get to watch the passion again? Do ya'll have anything planned for the weekend?

Leigh,
So did Liam ever wake up last night?

Michelle,
I know what you mean about the speakers. My brother worked at an audio place when I was in high school. I was the only girl with a bright blue splash ranger with tinted windows, and a sound system.....lol I wanna see pics :) Poor Yugi, I am so sorry that happened. When does his little cast come off?

Spryng,
I just wanted to let you know that hubby and I use condoms b/c I can't take bc due to my high blood pressure. We have used them for years now and have never had a problem. But you know how that goes too. I am so sorry that the kids were acting up last night :( I know mine always give me fits when they are really tired. Calgon take me away!

Mel,
Hope Bugga slept better last night :) Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks again for calling :) You are the best!

Geri,
Hope you have a wonderful time! We will miss you!!!!

Jill,
How did the dinner turn out? Thanks for the postcard :) I was so suprised!

Kristen,
I know to each their own on the dr. thing. My dr. who I was absoutely in LOVE with quit practicing here when I was pregnant with Andrew :( I was devistated! So I know how you feel. I have never used a midwife b/c I am such a high risk case. Let us know how it all turns out :)

Ricci,
Hope you are having a good day :)

Jaymi,
I am so glad things are working out great on the core plan :) Hope you have a great loss this week :) :)

Melinda,
Congrats on being on track! That is awesome!

Cindi,
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and the kids :)

Ginny, Di, Lori, Mindee and everyone else out there... Hope today is a wonderful day for you!

Question of yesterday's: I idolize my Nanny. (mom's sister) She is just the sweetest thing and it always there for me and my family.

Something I would like to see is the beach. I would love to live by the beach and hear the waves :)

Today's question: Future discovery, eh? To snap my fingers and my house is clean and my kids are behaved...lol No just joking :) That would take away from my job.
I think the biggest thing is for cancer. That people wouldn't have to go through all the kemo..

Ok I am off here. I gotta get Hunter to school and this is my week to clean the church. I gotta get our clothes packed for the river. It is my dad's bday so he wants us to go down there with him.

Have a great weekend. Lots of luv to you all!

sydsmom 09-03-2004 09:30 AM

Good Morning ladies! A quick hi from me :wave: I have tons of running around to do this morning......I will be back this afternoon !!! SYdneys fever broke yesterday night, so we all got some rest finally! :)

QOTD: I would love to see a cure for cancer, that is what I lost my aunt to (the one from yesterdays QOTD about people you most love in your family) it was so sad to see her go through all that and change so drastically physically as well as mentally and everything. It took her away from her children (ages 1, 4, 7 9). The youngest 2 will barely remember her, but in pictures. It is an ugly disease.

okay - I must go! ;) I will be back later! Hope everyone has a great start to their day!

**Thanks also for all the kind words and advise about what I should do now that my OB is gone :( I have so much to consider in not a lot of time! :lol: !!!! :)
TTYL!

watkinsguru 09-03-2004 09:33 AM

Leigh, I understand about the colicky thing. Ally was too. But remember all of them are so different. Andrew wasn't colicky but none of mine have been good sleepers and I'm gonna go through it again.

Penny, I finally watched the Passion this morning. Ally and Andrew woke up like the last 10 minutes of it. It was easier to handle because I knew exactly what to expect. But there are still those parts that get to me. The part where Jesus is carrying his cross and falls in front of Mother Mary and she runs to him. He grabs her face and says, "See, Mother, I make all things new." Oh my gosh, I become a baby at that part. But the ending makes it so much better. I actually end with a small grin on my face. To see that linen flowing down and Jesus sitting there new and clean.
Not that I needed to go into it, but those parts just really get to me, on different levels.
Okay, gotta clean breakfast dishes then get ready for school. TTYL

spryng 09-03-2004 09:44 AM

Good morning all!

I feel much better this morning... I guess I just needed to sleep it off. I don't know what got into them.. I mean every now and then they'll balk at having to go to bed but once they are brushing their teeth there isn't any complaints. But last night it was one thing after another! And I guess I was tired and not in the mood for it. I hope today is much better. I have to go grocery shopping today and I'll probably use some of my weekly pts for a lunch out. I haven't eaten out in a while so I'm looking forward to it.
Oh yeah, my WI!!! I'm down another lb!! 123.5 now!!!! Woo-Hoo!!! I'm thrilled!

QOTD--- I feel a little bad about this, lol.. when I read your question the first thing that popped into my head was space travel or finding out what was really inside the pyramids (they know there are secret rooms they can't get to without tearing them down) and then I saw your replies about diabetes and cancer and I felt like a pud, lol. So I guess if it's a medical discovery I would love someone to find the answer to Death. I want all my loved ones with me forever and not to grow old and die... it makes me so sad to think about.

Kristin, that is so sad about your aunt, One of my greatest fears is to die and my kids forget me... ok.. can't think about that now, it's making me very teary right now.

Penny, thanks for more encouragement about condoms, lol. I think that is what we will probably try at first for while. I just want to give my body a rest from hormones, let my periods get normal again and all that before I go and mess things up, lol. I just hope we can be responsible with them... I hate the way they feel but you know, sometimes you have to compromise right? it's either a dozen kids or condoms that take away a little pleasure... which one right? lol.. Have fun at the river!

Leigh, that is so great of Liam!!! I find that is Tanner goes to bed at 8 pm he'll sleep until 8-9 am, when he goes to bed at 9 pm he's up at 7:30 usually, isn't it strange how that works? Isn't type 1 diabetes much worse than 2? My mom and lots of members of dh's family has type 2.

Crystal, no dh wont be home for one more week. He had to stay out 3 weeks this time because of labor day... too many other drivers asked for it off before he could. 3 weeks is always hard on me. He was in Olathe yesterday and I was hoping to go see him but it didn't work out, he was just in and out and didn't have time to stop. That was probably part of my problem too last night, I just really needed an adult to talk to.

Well I better get off here and get around. I want to get to town and back before noon (so I don't miss my soaps, lol) TTYL!

watkinsguru 09-03-2004 10:20 AM

I forgot the question of the day. I can't really answer this one. I have weird feelings about this one. I mean finding cures to all the diseases and sicknesses but then again, maybe there aren't suppose to be cures.
I really can't answer it I don't think, but I'll keep thinking about it for today.

Spryng, sorry you have to go so long. That must be really hard, especially when you're needing an adult.

Dh's friend got a job, with a great raise so we are so happy for him. And dh is finding it hard or impossible to find our closing $. He was gonna borrow it, which I disagree with, but he can't find anyone with that much. So I'm holding off just to see how he plays things out.

Okay, gotta get ready for the day.
TTYL

MichelleRae 09-03-2004 10:26 AM

Morning!!

QOTD: I'm with you spryng I want to be with my family forever and ever I am terribly frightened of losing any of my family, this year has been what I refer to as my death crisis year ha ha I don't know why but I've been terrified of it lately.

Spryng WOOOHOOOO your weigh in is AWESOME!!!! Keep it up!! So sorry your kids were a PITA last night :grouphug:

Penny!! Yayyyyy you're back!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the loud loud music lol Taylor absolutely adores it!! And I love the new tint on my windows, I got the mirror tint and it looks so nice! Yugis cast comes off in 2 weeks but he can run around on it pretty well now!

Leigh, Teagan sleeps for about 12 hours everynight lol she goes to bed at about 7 and is up around 7 it would be nice if I actually went to bed early lol. I hope you get a nap in later!

Kristin have a good time running errands!!

hi to everyone else. I'm gonna get off here and clean my house!
Love to all
Michelle

Loveliam 09-03-2004 10:49 AM

Good morning again LOL. Okay, I did not mean for my QQOTD to make others feel guilty :lol: I said Diabetes because it's the first that comes to mind for me, but it can be something more down to earth, Spryng- like the pyramids, etc.

Liam is in a very strange mood. After that long sleep, he took a huge nap this morning, But he's super fussy and clingy too. I hope it's nothing more than the teething :( No fever, which is good . . .

Penny- are your pregnancies high risk because of your blood pressure?Does that sutomatically make you at risk for pre-eclampsia, or is that unrelated? I only ask because I developed pre-eclampsia at the end of my pregnancy.

Crystal- did DH watch The Passion with you?

Spryng- :cheer: on the pound gone! You're almost at your new goal! Glad the kiddies are in a better mood today :)

Michelle- I am feeling tired, so maybe I'll try to nap once Liam does again. I usually am terrible about that though and convince myself to get other stuff done instead LOL.

Are any of you watching the news about the school in Russia where they were taken hostage? Ugh- it's so, so sad!
Okay, gals, TTYL :)

meltin 09-03-2004 10:56 AM

We made it to the gym this morning and I have a baseline weight to start with. I really am going to lose the weigh this time. I have too for my health. I think we are going to hold off on the next child until more of this week is off.

Spryng - Congrats on the weight loss! How low are you going to go?

Leigh - The last two nights JW has been wired. He was happy and playing at 10 and 11. He usually goes to bed at 800. It think he might be weaning from his two naps as well. Good and bad. I like the two to get things done at the house, but one works with running errands. He has been playing in his crib for the last hour.

CheriBrorsen 09-03-2004 12:00 PM

Just checking in...

Hey Ladies~

I'm still here, sorry I have not be around this week. We started school and things have just been busy, busy, busy. I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks, but am pretty certain I've gained most of the weight I lost back. But really that is on me, I made the bad choices and decisions, the only thing to do it make better choices from this point and to get back to exercising. Anyway, we've still go more school to do today but I just wanted to stop by and let you know I"m still around and I hope to be more faithful as I get our schedule worked out.

Hugs

mompen 09-03-2004 12:20 PM

Hi Ladies,
I was packing and cleaning up and decided I needed a break..... so here I am :)

Spryng,
Even though I have three kids, I am not sure how you do it by yourself all the time. You are an awesome mom! I know what you mean about no adult conversation. We all need that :) Don't ever hesitate to call me :) Hope you got your town run done this morning. Have a great day!

Cheri,
The first step is coming back here and hopefully things will start falling into place. I know we all get really busy this time of the year with things changing. I know you can get back on track. We've missed you!

Michelle,
I know you will all be proud of me! I bought the Now that's what I call music vol 15 CD. Yah! Something for me! But now Hunter and Nicholas are into the "Slow Motion" song...lol Yeah both of the boys roll down the windows in the suburban and tell me to turn it up so everybody can here....lol Our kids are pretty cool kiddos huh? LOL :)

Leigh,
I know it is ashame but I don't ever watch the news or get the paper. That is so sad about the school in Russia. :( And about the pre-e, I am not sure if it makes me more at risk or not, but I did have it will all three :( When they put me in the hospital with Andrew at 35 weeks, I was spilling like +4 protein. But I spilled +1 all the way through all the pregnancies. I only say that b/c if you had pre-e you probably know about the protein counts. Did they take Liam?

Crystal,
I am so sorry that things aren't working out with the closing money. You can't get a loan with no closing costs? Or they can't add the closing cost into the loan? I know they gave us the option of adding it in or not.

Melinda,
You are going to do awesome back on plan! I know you can do it!

Well I guess I need to get back to cleaning :) Brad watched the kids for an hour and 45 minutes this morning while I went to go clean the church. Well they slept for the first 45 minutes.

I got back and Andrew had went into my bathroom and broke a bottle of fingernail polish and had it all of the ceramic tile floor. My hubby cleaned Andrew up but just swept the rest up..... :( So I had polish ALL over the floor. At least it was a light color....lol

Hubbys I tell you

Be back later on if not have a wonderful weekend!

BIGtimeLOSER 09-03-2004 12:59 PM

Hello Girls

I suffered with a HORRIBLE migraine yesterday, so didn't get online much. I feel a little better, but not good enough yet!

Congrats Spryng on the weight loss...I gained again. But I sure can't eat feeling the way I feel, so I am bound to lose now!

I am drinking lots of water, but that's about it.

QOTD...I would love a cure for some of the horrible diseases we suffer, but I truly think we bring so many of those on ourselves by the abuse we put our bodies through, so I am not sure it's meant to happen either. As far as the death thing, it doesn't bother me so much because of my faith, I do believe I will see my loved ones again and will live eternally with them in a much better place than we have here!!! No offense to anyone who thinks differently, I just felt the need to share that. Even when my dad died very suddenly, I was sad, but I handled it so welll everyone has waited for my mental break down thinking I was in denial, and it's been 8 years and I am still here in every sense of the word!! LOL!! I miss him terribly, but I know his death was not the end for us! That's all because of my faith in God's promises.

Now my advance/breakthrough of choice would be a self cleaning home!!! It's just never ending!! LOL!!!

Gotta go take more drugs and get away from this screen for a few.

Love you ladies!!!

watkinsguru 09-03-2004 01:13 PM

Cindi, thank you, thank you. You said exactly how I believe and wanted to say but didn't want to start anything. Death does not bother me in the least and it's actually suppose to be a happy moment. When my grandmother passed, she was the closest person to me to pass, it was sad, but she LOVED bingo and that's how I explained it, she was in a giant bingo hall.

We're finishing school, then going to clean mom's. TTYL