Terrific Two Weeks - Sprint V - ALL WELCOME

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Kaylets - hope you don't mind that I started new thread. I'm so full of September Sizzle and Fresh Start First of the Month Fervor, I thought I'd give it a go.

I managed to meet last sprint's goal of getting water exercise three days a week and of drinking enough water. Also managed to get more FUN into my life despite tummy. Now if I could just get those calories down!

Today's fun is to go to summer stock theater again.

Happy to see you, Empress.

Must go leave bread crumbs.
  • So, my goals for Sprint V are to continue with the water - in and out.

To reintroduce more walking as the weather makes it more fun.

To work on that FUN portion of my life.

To get calories and stomach back in line.

To enjoy queenly cameraderie - electronically and otherwise.
  • Yo! Still wandering the web and decided to repost my a.m. message on the new thread:

Kaylets, you can ignore my pm, I found the answer to the question when I switched to the Flex plan: .... "In addition to your POINTS Target, you can also use any Activity POINTS values you’ve earned within that day ..." so there you have it!

I decided to switch to Flex for awhile and see how that goes ... I'm eating too much popcorn on Core and obsessing too much!

s, I won't be back for awhile but eventually will find thee all again ... you can't hide from me ... Huzzah!
  • I love September! Closer to Fall, my absolute favorite season. I personally think it's going to come early this year; there's already a crispness in the air.

I need a new plan, friends. Something to shake up the old routine and get excited about. I'll meditate on it and get back to you!
  • Hello all!

Anagram! Actually, I owe you a big thank you... I was hoping someone would volunteer and you read my mind!

I too, need to get more water in... more on that later...

We have glorious weather !!
    DH and I are hoping to drag a big pile of things to the Flea Market and come home w/ cash.... A major 27 fling boogie !! Lots of activity pts too!
    We have a tarp to sit under, always bring a radio and then wait for the customers! And if we get hungry when the cooler is empty, we're only steps away from the vegatable market...

Thought of the day :

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
    ---George Washington Carver

Question of the day :

"If you had to pick the TV personality you were most in love w/ as a kid, who would it be?"
    ---
    --"IF (2) by Eveyln McFarlane and James Saywell

Eydie... curious what kind of a shakeup you'll come up with....

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE !

KETTLE IS ON!
  • Kaylets, yeah I'm curious too! So far, I got nothin'! I'm bored, and when I get bored, things can fall apart.
    I think I need to start every day with some kind of exercise, to not think about it, to just rise up and do it. Doesn't have to be extreme. Also, to have a couple of glasses of water first thing every morning, not the big cup of coffee I usually have.
    And I have to get back to my calorie counting routine too---that's been off the last week or so.
    Have to do a lot of food things at work. I have to do a simple dinner [wraps, chips, fruit, dessert] for a group of 20 tonight and then do a reception for a book/author thing. Should be about 60 people for that. My goal today is to not nibble away at it while I'm preparing it.
  • Mornin' all.

Weigh in was bad....no hard facts but I'll tell you not unexpected...being on a "see-food" "eat-food" regime doesn't help...socks are pulled up. So far so good.

I know what you mean Eydie...I can't get my head around this right now....

to all....I have to go vacuum and then groom

Ceara
  • I need to get my head around it all too. Right now just concentrating on keeping tummy, etc. under control but mostly making good choices. Wt. up, swelling, etc. Figure if I need the med (and last episode of headache makes me convinced I do), I must learn to live with side effects and still lose, somehow. Other than that, I'm doing well and feeling better as we move into September. See dr. next week for possible changes in meds but until then, I'm feeding the monster but things like oatmeal, cottage cheese, etc. NOT bingeing though that's tempting.

Off to pool today, then dinner out w/friend this evening. Still hope to make good choices. Biggest problem is in evenings AFTER dinner.
  • HELLO.....................! The palace seems eerily empty.

Did ok on food yesterday. Not great - just ok. Looking to a busy weekend w/ dd & family coming, cookout at sister's, bil/sil coming Monday, etc. Local festival - Kipona - also this weekend and I might not get there at this rate. Ah, well.

Hope you're all enjoying good weather and that no one's in the path of this nasty hurricane. I do have friends in the path and Kaylets, I'm sure you're concerned about your parents. Hope they're safe through it all. Sounds like a good time for them to come north to visit.

Anyway - Hellooooo out there......
  • Thought I'd join in girls and say hello! I have to start walking or exercising more too! I have been doing better with my food choices and just trying to eat healthier. But if I would learn to do it all the time I would of lost a lot more wt. by now. But at least I feel like the past 2 weeks I am in more control. On another site Aphil told me take it one hour at a time and if you mess up don't give yourself a free for all day. I think that has worked better for me lately. Because in the past if I screwed up well I would just continue to have what ever I wanted the rest of the day. Another thing is I don't count my cal. really, just read the labels, carbs, fats etc. and try to make the best choice. This system seems to be okay for me but we are all different and I am into any new ideas others have. After all learning from each other is the best support we can have. Hope your all out of the storms way. We got hit pretty bad with flooding this week in Central N.Y. and both my daughters had water damage to their houses , no fun at all....! Hope this next one misses everyone and just goes out to sea!
    Take care and good luck everyone!
    Skyfirefly
  • Dang! I weighed myself this morning and now my weight's up 4 pounds!!! Could be pre-TOM water weight, but still it's alittle demoralizing. Ceara, I've been so off-program this entire week it's scary! No pre-planning, no counting calories---I hate this feeling of being out of control. That's when I have ugly thoughts of me gaining all the weight back. Of course, that won't happen. I know I'll be okay if I can just get a few 'good' days behind me.

I think it was Minute Maid or one of the orange juice biggies that had the slogan, "Another day, another chance to be healthy". That's my mantra today!

Hi Skyfirefly! I remember you from the calories counters thread! Welcome!!!

• Eydie, do you know how much your weight normally fluctuates? I know that, premenopause, mine could easily fluctuate five or six pounds depending on the time of the month. Have you established a range for your weight? It's always going to go up and down a bit, so you don't want to just have a single number that's okay.

I do know that feeling of being out of control (hmmm... especially right before my period, as I recall) along with gaining a few. And so many of the things that we eat then (carbs, sugar, salt) make us retain more water, too. Oh, the joys of womanhood!

Amarantha, was it something we said? Looking forward to you getting your royal butt back here.

Anagram, it does seem a little quiet, doesn't it. According to the horoscopes, which I just finished again, this is a transitional period when THREE retrogrades are in the process of turning direct. Everything's supposed to get gradually easier and more straightforward through the month and then we've got a fairly extended period with better energy and more opportunity. It's funny -- I'm starting to half-believe this stuff!

Skyfirefly! Welcome -- can you pick 'em or can you pick 'em! This is a GREAT group (and even greater when more of our members are in the house)!

Kaylets, flea market with DH sounds like fun. I can imagine doing a flea market, but it would have to be some kind of weird parallel universe to get DH to come with me. Ah well...

wsw, have you had another play date with Mack? We used to have a black lab called "Mac," now that I think of it. So-named because the sister who brought him home got him from the manager of the McDonalds where she worked. Labs/retrievers are wonderful dogs!

Oh, that reminds me of your QoD, Kaylets --- I'd definitely be one of those big, furry huskies with blue eyes! I'd love to have one of those dogs. My SIL says the blue eyes freak her out, but I adore them -- they seem like spirits!

Ceara, do you have pics of your doggies online? I think I've seen them, but if there's a convenient pic I'd love to have another boo.

Wildfire, how's life? Hope you've made a full recovery, both physical and fiscal!

'Tis Friday, and fair Punkin, of same is sorely missed in the realm. Hope she and other beloved wanderers -- Cerise? Where beest thou? -- return soon!

Okey-dokey. I really must get some stuff done. I'm semi-taking a few days off. Was going to be fully off, but I still have things to do.

Love to all -- let's make this a good one!
  • Hello all!

Dh did very well at the flea market on Friday -- he was glad do see me at 2pm (one very nice perk of my job for nearly all the holidays is this early out feature) ... we started packing by 3 becuase, he had found out that we wouldnt be allowed to just batten down and keep everything there overnight, only those who paid in full a month in advance could do that... AND if we wantd a spot the next day, many of the regulars were saying the line started at 3 am....hmmmmmmm...... even 20 yrs ago that would've been tough....

But, DH did sell a lot more than we expected for Friday, and if we had just shown up Sat at 6 am we would've been very frustrated...
    Then, Sat am dawned with forecast of 98% humidity which just reinforced the whole reason DH was drawn to going on Friday... because it really was the best day .... To top it off , setting up the tarp ,etc, is dicey ... you are so subject to the weather...
    Instead, we went to a fire house fleamarket and found out that its a monthly ... and a good chance for us to meet different vendors who may be interested in using our expertise as Ebay sellers.... Ebay Assistants is the techincal term....
    Multitasking in more ways than one...and at the same time, broadening our horizons....

Spoke to my folks at length in Tampa last night... will try again shortly although I suspect, the power is out there now...
    They are with another couple at my Aunt's... My Aunt and Uncle are RVing out West but my folks at least are not alone if they wind up needing help, etc.

DH and I are going down to the Bird Refuge to try out a new 'scope" he found yesterday at the market ....

Scale remains stuck at the same number for me... but it did feel energizing to do the extra work getting packed for the flea market, etc.. but I did pace myself.... after all, isnt that how they train the Olympic atheletes???

Welcome to our new visitor, Skyfirefly!!
    Flood/ water damage has got to be one of the worst clean ups!

Arabella-- Could you list the link again for your horoscopes? I am interested in my own ( Cancer) and Dh's ( on the cusp, Taurus, Gemini ... Go figure, that makes sense doesnt it?)

Anagram-- I sure hope there is an alternative medication....I sure wouldnt want the headaches either... and by the way, fat free cottage cheese and oatmeal are on the new Core Foods list for Weight Watchers... which means, you are limited by serving size but are allowed to eat till you feel satisified...not stuffed, but satisified....

But for sure, We are all doing the best we can.... one hour, one meal, one best choice at a time....

KETTLE IS ON!

• Hi All (or any, for that matter -- helloooo? Anybody home?) Having a busy social weekend -- 3 parties, along with some work. I did have a bit of a coup -- we do an Alpha Geek series and I interviewed a real pioneer (at least as these things go) who was part of a small group called "The Homebrew Computer Club" along with the guys who'd go on to found Apple and so on. He's now a doctor who invents medical technologies. Very interesting!

I must admit I haven't been anything approaching perfect re: WW but will get totally serious tomorrow. I need some time to get acclimatized I think. But starting tomorrow, I'm really focusing. Probably part of my thought processes is: No WI this week, because of Labor Day, so I'll just work extra hard next week.

I found out yesterday that one of my sisters and her partner of almost 7 years are separating. Sad. Their relationship's been kind of troubled, right from almost the start. It was wonderful at the beginning, and I really had so much hope, but then she accidentally got pregnant just about a month after they started dating. And I think they just never recovered. They've got a lovely 6-year-old.

Kaylets, so relieved to see you breeze in! I wondered if I'd said something to alienate the whole group at once Here's the link to the horoscopes: http://searchcio.techtarget.com/sDef...919205,00.html

I did a little ego-surfing the other day and found that there are quite a number of sites linking to them, which made me feel pretty good. Horoscope-wise, I think we're on an upswing, and everybody's got a potentially pretty good period coming up. YAY!!

Ok, My Dovies! I hope all is well with everyone. Thinking of you! Let's take this day and make the best we can of it.
  • Kaylets, went to see my dad yesterday and there was a big neighborhood yard sale happening. I wandered around to see what was available, couldn't justify bringing anything home though. Always sad to see the unused fitness equipment and videos for sale--there was a lot of that kind of thing.

Still feeling "off-balance"---does that sound odd? That's the best way I have of describing how I feel. Not great, not terrible, just "off". Saw a shooting star last night and my wish was to get out of this slump! Mercury in retrograde maybe, Arabella?

I have to go to work today to give tours. It sounds terrible, but I hope nobody comes, then I can just read for 4 hours!