Old 09-11-2004, 09:04 AM   #31  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

A Day to Remember...

Let us *PRAY*... reflect & in prayer remember
all those lost and families who still suffer that loss today.

*God Bless the U.S.A.*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:33 AM   #32  

Thank you SunnyD for the gentle reminder of 9/11.

I am typing this from my new computer in my office. DS just left and has everything set to go for me. I am a very fortunate person and very thankful. Enjoy your Saturday Sunny and Charlotte.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:04 PM   #33  

Hi Everyone,

How did your weekend go? It is warm and humid here in the Mid-West, dardnest summer/fall I have seen in recent years. August was so cold, mostly in the upper 60's and now September has been very warm and dry.

That garden may turn out to be plentiful after all.

I had a stiff neck on Thursday, that turned into a flu thing. Feeling rather punk today and tired. DH developed a stiff neck yesterday, and feeling crummy today. He is resting and watching the Brewers no less.

I hope you get back soon Sheila. I hope you enjoyed your mini-vacation in Boise and got to see your sweet grand daughter.

I'll check back this evening to see how your weekends went. Best wishes to Charlotte, Sheila, SunnyD and Puss, wherever you are in sunny Spain

Bluet
Old 09-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #34  

Hello Bluet....& everyone. Had a couple of quiet, but busy days. I'm still very busy cleaning & packing my mom & step-dad's belongings in their appt. I can't believe some of the things they kept! My sister & I are so exhausted! Still have a lot to do. Then, have to go to the rental storage place for more. We've only got a few more days & the rent will be up on both places, so we have to stay with it. We're slow, cause we have to stop to rest so often.
I'm glad you got a new computer for your office. We got a new computer for the weather at the TV station. May the maps won't give me such grief, now,when I have to bring them up for the weather. Yeah....right.....dream on, Charlotte!

Sunny...thanks for that beautiful reminder. I'm so glad my SIL & family are back home now. Hope he can find a job soon, & try to live some kind of normal life.
Hope you're feeling well this weekend.

Sheila hope your family are enjoying the weekend.

Fatpuss...I have a feeling you ARE enjoying the weekend!

Tomorrow will be a very long day for me....may not get back until Tuesday, but I'll try. Take care.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:19 AM   #35  

Good Morning,

Welcome back Sheila, hope your weekend was good.

Charlotte, take a lot of rests, don't make yourself sick with this clean-up of the appartment and storage place.

SunnyD, hope your weekend was a good one, and your Monday even better.

Puss, You have been in Spain long enough, come home now. I am just saying that because I am jealous.

Bluet
Old 09-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #36  

Smile Good Monday Afternoon!

Good Afternoon Everyone
So many happenings this weekend ~ where to begin...
Saturday ~ Joe & I went out to do some major grocery shopping, not only at the reg. grocery store, but also at the Costco Wholesale Club. Joe bought me a new Lane Leather Chair for my office It is a red brown and ohhhh so comfy (I'll get a pic. of my chair later to show you all)!! And a few other fun things, some chocolate brown toss pillows for our sofa and these really cool pastel color mixing bowls: butter yellow, mint green, baby blue and rose pink! The exact colors I want to use in my redecorated kitchen (someday ). Then that evening we went out to dinner with our friends to celebrate their 27th anniversary with them and then we all went to a park afterwards... the weather has just been the best!!!! We all spent a good hour walking & playing on the swing-sets (with Joe pushing me) and we went on some of the bars --- gosh --- I haven't done that in years!!! What fun that was to do --- my girlfriend and I just laughed and laughed at one another and our antics in trying to fit on the slides and such. Good exercise Don't worry --- these were big kid sets, so we wouldn't break anything (just in case you thought that )

Sunday ~ After we went to church we left for Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio (the largest coaster park in the world) --- we got there about 1:00pm and stayed there till closing at 8:00pm --- what a blast!!! There wasn't a wait at all for any of the rides... we would get off and then just go around and get right back on again. When we got home after that long day as we pulled into the driveway... guess what happened???!!! Our brake lines to the back of our jeep totally broke! We heard it snap!!! We only had the front brakes to stop with (barely). I am soooo glad that it waited till we got home and we made it home safely. It was an hour and a half's drive home. So...

Today, Monday ~ Thus far... ... Joe has taken the day off so we could go to the garage and dropped off our jeep to be repaired (so I will not be going to Curves till I get my jeep back on Thursday, but I will be walking my 2.5 miles each day). Joe is now working on my dryer that gave way just this morning What's going on here anyway Of all days for it to go... I am trying to catch up with my laundry. Hopefully Joe will get it fixed so I am able to finish, if not there's always tomorrow. And I have already walked my 2.5 miles

Our weather has been picture perfect here in Ohio... just perfect! It is awesome to open windows, feel breezes and to hear the birds as well as feel the sun. It is suppose to be like this through Thursday. Awesome!!!

Well now that I have taken so much of your time I will try to catch up with all of you in my next post...
<><

*~*~*

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 21

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-13-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:25 PM   #37  

Smile

I am back to finish...
Bluet ~ As you can see... Joe and I had a great weekend! We always do, even if it's time at home.

How did everything go with the installation of your new computer? Do you have any new bells and whistles on it compared to the last one? Or did you get it just for the space/size it will hold now?

Thanks for asking about my health --- I have been feeling really well!!! I think I have figured out this food program and am getting the hang of it now. I am not out of the woods quite yet, but each day I am doing so much better. I am so glad I stumbled on that web-site!!!

Angel ~ I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better too. You and your DS were so smart in listening to your bodies and taking the rests you needed. I do the same now too --- and I totally know you know what I mean when it comes to sitting too long --- anywhere --- I even find that some chairs in a restaurant (like stools) kill my legs! I have bad vain's and it really kills in the back of my thighs if I sit too long in them. So I am always looking for a booth

And I think that is soooo that people recognize you from you TV program So you are a star Glad to hear that all worked out at the assisted living home too, sure did sound like fun!

I am sooooo glad to hear that you kids are all home safely with one another and beginning a new life together. *God Bless Them* I thought allot about -all who have suffered - so far from 911 and this war and I just keep tugging on the Lord's robe in *prayer* that He will continue to watch over them all and that it will end soon!

Sheila ~ Hope you had a good time in Boise Come back soon and fill us all in on your weekend, okay

I really must be going... lunchtime you know
Luvs,
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-13-2004, 08:45 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, all--

SunnyD, sounds like you had a fun time shopping for all that new stuff. Looking forward to seeing a pic of your new chair. How fun to go on the swings and the slide at the park, and then to an amusement park--it's great to act like a kid every once in a while. Good for the soul, I think. Pretty scary about the car. I'm glad that it happened at home, and also that you didn't bang into your house. Actually, my DD did bang into our garage once, and we got a new garage door out of it courtesy of the insurance company.

Charlotte, cleaning out someone else's home is a lot bigger job than cleaning out our own, I think. I had to do it when we moved my Dad to assisted living originally. Fifty years of junk, and then trying to decide what to save, throw away, sell, donate, etc. Be sure to get some rest, too!

Bluet, glad you got the new computer all set up. I'm sorry you're not feeling so hot. Are we passing this thing over the internet or what? Weather is certainly screwed up everywhere, isn't it?

I had a good time in Boise. Ate too much, exercised to little, but talked a lot. I saw friends I hadn't seen in two years, and we had a great time. On Saturday, I saw my little sweetie for about three hours. I was really pleased to see that she remembered me. She smiled at me and wasn't at all reticent about me holding her, and usually with strangers she's a bit more cautious. That made me feel really good. I was glad that her Dad woke up in time to feed her, though. I'm just not as confident about hooking up the tubes as I used to be.

Today I tested my Dad's blood sugar for the first time. I had the hardest time getting the drop of blood from the finger poke. I had to stick him several times to get enough blood. I think the first time is the worst, though, and tonight should go easier. Let's hope!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:57 AM   #39  

Smile

Well Hello there Sheila ~ So good to see you back

It's sooooo good to hear that you had a wonderful time in Boise with your DGrandbaby, family & friends... do you have any pictures to share with us? I know you must have said what was wrong with your grandchild, but I must have missed it somewhere? Why the feeding tubes? Would you mind telling me again, Sheila? Glad to hear that her father took good care of her, so you could just enjoy

Yes, it is definitely good for the soul to play like a kid once in awhile...

The Jeep... I know!! !! I have thought of many different things that could have gone wrong, but didn't --- Thank you God! We would have gone into our home the way we have the driveway in front We definitely had Angels watching over us

Bluet ~
I too hope you are feeling better real soon!
Here are some Big, big Get Well {{{Hugs}}}

Angel ~ How are you doing?
Hope all is going well and you are just a busy lady cleaning, cleaning, cleaning...

*~*~*

As you all can see by the time I just couldn't sleep, but I'll be tired later - I have been up since 2:30, tried to go back to sleep - but just decided to get up and catch up while all is quiet. Joe got my dryer all fixed (he's my handy-dandy man ) and I was able to get all the blankets dry and put back on the bed. And I have only one or two more loads to finish and I will be all caught up again for a day It's amazing how fast two people can go through clothes... it's because I workout twice a day.

I am not sure what my Joe is doing today yet --- he hasn't said whether is is going to take off again. I was hoping he would so we could clean these windows together - the job goes so much faster when he does the outside & I do the inside. One of these days I am going to get those windows that you can flip to the inside. We had them in our old place and I got spoiled! Now I have the old ones here and they take forever to do. But when they are clean... I love the look --- as if the outside is coming in

Then this afternoon my girlfriends daughter, Sandy, is coming by to visit. She hasn't been over in a long while, so we have allot of catching up to do I look forward to her visit today

You ladies have a Wonderful Day today!!!
Big {{{Hugs}}} for you all
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-14-2004 at 04:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:08 AM   #40  

Talking PS>>>

PS>>>
Did any of you gals see Oprah's opening show yesterday???
Awesome show! She gave a car to each audience member!
I love happy shows like that.

Later...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #41  

Hello everyone,

We had a very bad storm Sunday night. It tore the tarp off the roof, & my house was drowned again, for about the 3rd time. I kind of got upset & went to bed. When I got up Monday morning, all the water had been gotten up. DH said he didn't do it. So DS must have. I don't think he's seen me that upset in awhile.

Our daughter & her two little girls from South Alabama is coming tomorrow to stay a few days. The hurricane is headed straight for them. My grandson & his step-dad are going to weather the storm, & try to save the house from damage. They left the motor home (the one DH & I used) in storage at the beach...& now,it's in the direct path of the hurricane! Out in the elements. She said she knew it was replaceable, but, she was very sad...that they had such good memories with it. They bought it from our pastor & wife 2 yrs ago, & they are REALLY praying people! I reminded her of how many prayers had went up in that little motor home, & that it could possibly withstand the storms. If not, remember, God has a purpose. She seemed to feel better. She said she had prayed last night that God use it for his Glory...either way.
I don't know how safe they will be here. The hurricane is suppose to be here by Friday. With this unfinished house, & especially the roof! We'll just all do the best we can. I feel so sorry for the families who have suffered over it, already.

Sunny...sounds like you've had a full schedule! Enjoy your new things DH bought for you!!
Thanks for the encouragement....but, I'm not a star. Just small towns around here, & it helps the viewers to see people in person who are on the TV. Makes it more personal, when we sing a song for them, or pray for them.

Sheila...so glad you had a good time. Especially getting to see your little "sweetie". She looks like an angel in the picture! Hope your dad is doing well.

Bluet...I really liked the picture you sent me. Thank you. You're a beautiful lady! Of course, I knew you would be...I could just tell.

Hope all of you have a good day. Maybe I'll have my mother & step-dad's appt & storage cleared out soon, & be back to normal. (whatever that is. )

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:03 PM   #42  

Hi Girls,

The accountant is coming tomorrow and I am running late today. Right after work I am getting my hair cut and then I have to go to the voting place and vote, our primary is today. So, I'll be late getting home tonight, but will talk to you all later this evening.

Bluet
Old 09-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi!

SunnyD, did you have a good time with your friend? Hey, I've always wondered if those windows were as good as they looked, and from what you say, they were. At some point, I will own another house, and I'd love to have windows that are easy to clean. How do you put screens on them, though? Oprah looks like she has such a good time giving stuff away. I know I always love watching people open presents I give them--wouldn't it be fun to be able to make someone's dreams come true?

My granddaughter has a chromosome disorder called Trisomy 18 or Edwards Syndrome. She's part of the only 10% of kids born with this that live past the age of one. There's some information at this website: http://www.geocities.com/wilsfordmin...resources.html. She was unable to suck so she had an NG tube first, then the G tube. Her teachers are trying to get her to eat, but she's very stubborn and clenches her mouth--it's kind of funny. She can't sit up or crawl, but she can roll over and she does 360s all over the floor. She's got a lot of heart defects and pulmonary hypertension so she's on oxygen fulltime. I didn't take the camera this time so no new photos.

Oh, Charlotte, how awful about your house--all that water again. It sounds so darn discouraging. I'm so glad that your son was around to get it cleaned up. I hope the hurricane bypasses your place, and I hope that the rest of your family stays safe, too. My new son-in-law is in Mississippi on the Gulf so he might be in for some pretty rotten weather, too. I guess the Navy takes all the ships out to sea in hurricanes so that they don't destroy the shipyard and the other ships.

Bluet, it's our primary today, too. I always get the absentee ballots so I don't go to the polls anymore, but my Dad and DH do. I reminded my Dad that last year he fell down and got all cut up so please don't do that again this year--he's already banged up enough! He made it back safe and sound.

I went to a new class at the Y called fluid movement, but I didn't like it at all so I got up, cleaned off my mat and went to the weight room to lift weights. I thought it might be a good stretching and range-of-motion class, but it was a lot of movements that were hard on me. Funny how I can do regular aerobics, but the class for people with chronic pain and illness was too tough!

Now that I've gotten three blood sugars behind me, I'm getting pretty good about sticking my Dad. Still hasn't had one reading in the normal range yet, though. I think I mentioned that he had his skin cancer removed, didn't I? Well, when they pulled the bandage off, they discovered the area was infected so now he's on antibiotics. I imagine the diabetes probably has something to do with the infection, but I don't know.

So we're considering getting another dog. Our little MinPin is so obnoxious and unfriendly (not to me, but to everyone else) and we miss our sweet, friendly dog so much. The one we're considering is an English Setter, which is a breed I really like. Not too smart, but very loving and very friendly. We'll see what happens!

Hope everyone is doing okay. It started out sunny here, but now it's turned into one of those gentle rains that Seattle is famous for.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:02 PM   #44  

Good Evening,

Well, my hair is trimmed and I cast my vote for my party. Haven't done much this evening, read the paper and ate supper, that's about it.

Sheila it is so good to see you back safe and sound. Glad that you enjoyed your trip. I guess I did not know that Dad was diabetic and that you have to test his blood sugar. My Mom is diabetic and is careful about eating sugar and test her blood all the time too. My brother developed diabetes this year, he is 54, unfortunately he had to give up his favorite refreshment, a cold bottle of beer . He has started a walking program and has lost a lot of weight, even though he never had a weight problem to start with.

Charlotte, sometimes we just have to loose it to save our sanity. I am glad DS was there for you and cleaned up the water. I just was downstairs to ask DH a question and caught a glimpse of the weather. Ivan should be at the Mississippi Delta by this time tomorrow. I hope you and yours will be ok. Your DH will really have to batten down that tarp. I pray no more water gets into or damage is done to your home. Thank you for the compliment, you are so nice Charlotte.

SunnyD, my goodness up at 2:30 am, did you get a nap today? I would have been falling asleep on my feet. Everything went really smooth with the installation of my new computer. It doesn't have any bells or whistles, but it is faster and newer that my old one. I never ask for much, I am always very happy if someone does something nice for me. Of course as you probably can guess I never fail to get teary. Of course DS got a big hug and a little cash from the company for his time. Thank goodnes your brakes did not go out while you were on the freeway, I am so glad you made it home, and that you had a marvelous time being a kid again. I love to swing with my grand kids, there is something so comforting about a swing. I would really like to get my windows washed too before it gets too cold. It does work much better with two people working at it.

I am going to try to go into work tomorrow morning earlier . I never really manage, but I need to get a jump on that accountant before he show up.

Take care each one of you, have a good Wednesday. Puss is it raining on the plain in Spain?

Bluet
Old 09-14-2004, 11:07 PM   #45  

Oh Sheila, daughter and SIL next door had an English Setter "Alex" he died this summer. He was bred to be a show dog, he was very aloof and stuck up, and no personality at all. He would sit in the yard and watch birds 24/7 if you let him. His coat was black and white, a very handsome dog indeed.

Bluet