Stay At Home Moms #227 TGIF!!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
  • Morning Ladies!

I am running late this am but I wanted to post real quick..and I am the FIRST one! Ekk..

Ok QOTD: What is your primary beverage everyday? (We know Geri's... )

Michelle,
    Hope you have a wonderful dr. appt!

Mel,
    Good Luck on your weigh in today!

Spryng,
    I sure hope you make it to 125.. .can't wait to hear! Thanks for the challenges yesterday! It made my house look so nice!

Jill,
    Sorry you had to go so fast yesterday! Can't wait to do it again! Yw on the postcard

Geri,
    Is today your weigh in? How is TOPS going?

J,
    Welcome Back! I love the watp's! They are so fun and not just walking! And btw, Spryng I do the 1st mile of two or three and it is a good workout in a short period. The one mile I just pump it up a little!

Leigh,
    Hope you are having a great time!

Crystal,
    Hope everything works out with moving!

Deana,
    Hope you have a good day!

Jaymi,
    Hope you are on track!

Welcome Back Kristen,
    We missed you! Give us your weigh in!

Melinda,
    I am so sorry about your friend's baby. That is still just so horrible
    Let us know how you do with the points today.

Ricci,
    Hope you are feeling better today!!!

Well..... Ohh I forgot to weigh ...... lol..... brb with results..

OK I need a drumroll...... 164.5
    I knew TOM made me gain last week! I am down 5.5 pounds... OMG!!!!

Ok I really need to go get dressed! Have a awesome day!
  • Good morning all!!!
    I am happy to report my WI!! Ready???? I want the same drumroll as Penny, LOL!! 124.5!!!! canyou believe it??? I normally maintain the week after dh leaves out, I ate bad ffrom friday to monday and normally on flex I may even gain a little... but I am down 1.5 lbs!!! And today is only day 4 on Core!!! I am thrilled thrilled thrilled!!! This really has motivated me to keep plugging along and I may see my personal goal weight sooner rather than later! I'm so happy right now! 125 was my goal weight but I'm going to try for 120... I know it is doable now and I can't wait!!!
    So what is everyone going to be doing today? Grocery shopping for me sometime this morning. I want to shower and all that before I scare the world, lol. Dinner tonight will be spaghetti bolognese... from my newest ww magazine, it's 100% core so I'll need no pts for it. I'm going to get in some crochet today too, my cousin in oregan is having a baby... you may or may not remember but last year at 20 weeks they discovered her baby had a very rare disease and died a few days later in the womb... it was a little girl and she had a proper burial and all that... well now she is expecting again! She is due Jan 30th or something so just a couple days ahead of Crystal here. I don't know what she is having yet but as soon as I do I want to make her a blanket for the baby. She just got married this last weekend also to the baby's father, he was also the father to the other baby. So I'm really happy for them.

ok, enough babbling .. lol..

Penny congrats!!!! That is soooo great!!! Doesn't that make you even more motivated to get the weight off?? seeing the program works always does the trick for me.

Jaymi, hope you have a great day today!! I could never stay off the computer that long, lol... I HAVE to have interaction or I go batty after awhile.

Michelle, it is very responsible of you guys to get lifeinsurance. Dh and I really need to do that. He has some on him through his company but not enough to help any if something happened to him. I need some on me too in case something happens I will know the kids will be taken care of. And congrats on your loss too!! You are so very close to one-derland!!! Keep it up!! Hey, may I ask how you became a moderator on the exercise board? I really want to be one for the new WW Core board but have no clue how to do that. Any tips?

Jill I forgot to say that was ff sour cream in that recipe... so don't forget. But it's still very good.

Oh QOTD--- my primary beverage each day has been water lately. I forgot to buy diet soda this past week, so just water. Which was better anyway. But if I get what I want I love diet vanilla pepsi.

OK, gotta go!
  • Morning all!

PENNY AND SPRYNG................................

QOTD: W A T E R It's really the only thing I drink. Not big on soda or even coffee.

Well, I was up again all night with buggs, so I'm sorry I am not going back to tomorrow to right. PLEASE, don't be mad at me ladies if I didn't give you a personal.
  • Good morning.
    QOTD: WATER. 128 oz most days. More if its hot outside. I am feeling much better today. I was up at 6, and got my work out in early today. I have playgroup later on, and grocery shopping today or tomorrow. I have to clean out from under my microwave today, and might clean the oven out later. Just depends on if I really want to or not. I'm guessing not.
    Congrats Penny and Spring on the losses. You all are doing so good, keep it up. I will check in later.
  • Hey Ladies!!

QOTD: Water for me as well its the only thing I drink besides a very occasional diet pepsi.

Spryng yes I too want to have the life insurance for my children hubby has about 300,000 on himself but I am underinsured but I'm also high risk in the insurance world so we'll see if they approve the application and I have to get a medical exam as well I'm sure since I have so many complications. I will make you copies of the sims on saturday when I have the day off and send them out right away. Don't worry about paying me anything thats what friends are for

Penny WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome girl!!! I'm so very proud of you!!

Mel sorry you were up all night I hope things are better tonight!! what was your weigh in today?

Ok I'm off to start cleaning I have an hour before I need to get ready to go so I'll be back in a bit!

Love to you all!
    Michelle
  • Good Friday to yall
    First off

WOO HOO Spryng You have to be beyond thrilled to have reached your original goal and props to you for setting another one.

And PENNY...WOO HOO to you too. Awesome, you must be so motivated after that kind of loss.

Mel--I had a Loooooooooooong night with my youngest too...been up since 4 a.m. so I totally understand your feelings this morning.

QOTD--I drink one or two cups of coffee in the a.m., a gallon of water a day, and I really like Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke with Lime if I have coke to drink.

Ok...chaos upstairs...bbl to post more. Have a great day yall.
  • OMG Spryng I'm sorry I left you out!!! WAY TO GO!!! You are so awesome WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! I also forgot to say that you'll just want to talk to Suzanne about becoming a mod I think you will make a wonderful wonderful addition!

Cheri sorry you had a long night as well Hope your day is better.
  • Today's weigh in...
    I stayed the same as lask week, but after my crazy week, that's not so bad!

I have sick kids and I am not doing so hot myself, I think I have had a minimum of 2 doc appts daily until today! So eating has been whatever I can get when I have a moment.

Glad to see all of you losers!!! I will be with you next week, I promise!!

Don't have time for a long post now, gotta take ds to school!

Love you all!

Cindi *The diet coke addict*
  • Ok so I have something in common with most of you! I lost 2 pounds from last week!! I know I posted it was 2.5 yesterday but I think I was still dehydrated from being sick but I am not disappointed with 2 pounds because it brought me to my 1st goal and I still had 3 weeks to do it!!! I am sooooooooooooooo happy and I want to thank all of you for it because I really wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all you ladies and all the support I get everyday. It has helped me so much being here and you all are just great!! So thanks!! Another thing I have in common is being up all night with a child!! She woke up once an hour all night just because she was turned around in her bed. I had to get her pacifier, turn her around and put the blanket on her and then she was fine, still was tiring because I was up so much. I don't know what her deal is, seems like her nose is stuffy so maybe she was having a hard time breathing. Anyway I feel your pain Mel and Cherie!! LOL We can be tired together today!!

Penny yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome. I bet you are even more motivated now!! I know I am! Congrats!! Hope to talk to you soon!!

Spryng you are awesome too!! That is so great! We both reached our goals and I need to set a new one now too!! Oh and I use light sour cream because it doesn't have quite as many carbs or sugar but it's basically the same thing. Thanks for reminding me though! So how old was your cousin when she got pregnant and what month? I only ask because I have this chart that is sooooooooooooo accurate it's scary and I want to see if I can predict if it's right or not. Let me know, if you know.

Ricci you are a water drinking machine!! I wish I drank that much water. I think I will try today!!

Michelle we have Life Insurance on Ron and disability because he rides dirt bikes all the time. We are covered pretty good with him but I don't have any. I will probably get some when I get my teaching job, so not for awhile LOL. Do you work today??

Cindi after a week like you have had I would just be happy to be alive!! I'm sure you will see a loss next week! Good luck with the kids!

Ok need to get baby some breakfast and me too, think I will take a walk later instead of going to the gym. TTYL!!
  • Boy Cheri and JIll, are sleeplessness has to STOP. I can't stand it anymore. I can't type or talk....ha ha I wish I couldn't eat.

JILL WTG!!! on the weight loss!!! YOu are doing great.

Michelle getting life insurance is a good idea...of course you know that, thats why u'r doin it. My weigh in stunk!!!!!!! I am up 3.5 from last week. I know prob 2 is water, but 1.5 is probably 'cause I didn't eat right this week. I owe Penny 50 cents this week. It's so discouraging though. I am .5 up from where I started from 3 weeks ago. It's like starting over. Well, all I can do now is do the best I can and do better. I really want to get out of the 2's if ya know what I mean.

Hello, Ricci and Cindi....Cindi. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Well ladies, I was flying all morning. Got lots of cleaning done. Cleaned the whole bathroom other than the floor, cleaned up the kitchen/dining room.
    Straightened my room and the kids rooms and the family room. I promised the kids lunch at KFC, they like the chicken fingers there and a nice visit to the park. So, that's where I am heading at 1:30. They have been so good during the day now for 2 weeks. And DD folding half a load of laundry without me asking for her help. She folded 3 large towels, 6 hand towels, 3 pair of socks and her underware.. She was so cute.. My little 4YO who folds the laundry, what more could I ask for. She told my mother she did it because I was tired from being up all night with Bugga. OOOOOOOwwww I just love 'er.
  • Good morning! Well, barely!

Penny, Spryng, and Jill-Awesome job on your losses. That is great!

As for me, I didn't do so great. I've been having a very stressfull time lately. Maybe once I get over the bitterness, I'll talk about it. Oh, well.

I've been on the computer all morning, so it's off to do my morning routine and a mile of WATP.

QOTD: Water, my next fave is iced tea!

Have a great day!

~j
  • Ok just went for a long walk with my mom and Bayley and it was nice. My mom even complimented me on how I look and said she could definintely notice a difference!! I am so excited. Anyway she bought me a sugar free fat free Milky way coffee drink and it was pretty good, I need to drink a lot of water today though to counter act it! LOL Bayley is definitely sick, she has a snotty nose and is just not herself today which really sucks cause dh is going out of town and I will have her by myself. I am kind of excited to have the house to myself for the weekend though, distance makes the heart grow fonder right? I have plenty to do and my mom and best friend (who only lives20 minutes away but I haven't seen in over a month!!) are going to come over and help with planning B's party so that should be fun. Going to get the garden in order too, pulling weeds, trimming bushes etc. I have really neglected my garden this year now that I have a baby. Ok enough rambling!!!

Mel TYVM for the bravo! I am excited. I'm sure you will start losing soon, maybe you should switch your program around a little, your body just may be getting used to it. I know that happens to me all the time. Getting some sleep would probably help too! Hope you get a nap in today!

Jae, do you need to talk? Sounds like you are having a rough time. Let me know if you need someone to talk to, I'm here! Do you have any instant messengers? Like AIM or Yahoo or something? Let us know if you do so we can add you to our lists. Hope you are having a good day!

Ok everyone, need to vacuum so I can get dressed and go to the mall with my mom. It's me day (According to my flylady planner) so I wanted to go to the mall and window shop and get ideas for the party. Have a great day and I will check in later (bet you can't wait LOL)
  • Hey girls got back from the doctor a little bit ago and she was very please it looks like I've lost 7 lbs in just under 4 weeks (since the last time I saw her) and my bloodpressure is doing good as well!! Yayyyyyyy!!

Jill WOOOHOOOOO way to go!!! Keep up the good work!! Yes unfortunately I have to work tonight but I have saturday off, I have been working so much lately because we have 2 people away on vacation and they are our two full time primary people so I'm covering.

Mel hang in there girly!! Keep your head up and you'll be fine with your weigh in next week I'm sure of it!! One day at a time is how it works and thank god for it

Jae I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet I'm michelle sahm to 3 yo taylor and 10 month old teagan both girls, I live in montana and work part time at a hotel at the desk.

Ok I need to get ready for work! I will post when I get home tonight.
    Love to all!!
    Michelle
  • Sorry I haven't been around all day. My network was down until a few minutes ago.
    QOTD: 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning, sometimes juice for breakfast, sometimes tea for dinner and everything else is water. I don't drink much during the day anyways.

WTG Spryng and Penny!!!! That is great news.

Spryng, dh set his restrictions on the investment that we as a company makes. He wants real estate and only big stuff. I mean alittle rediculous if you ask me. But we all want to move and I think we will but in time. I'm looking into some of these cafe's and a woman's small business loan and so on and so on.

Okay, we've got to run to Wal-mart and a couple more errands. TTyL