Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 10:33 AM   #16  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Well, the job Chris got was suppose to be at a fine apparal store for men and womens fashions. They failed to tell him they owned mini marts. I was so mad when they placed him in an unsafe mini mart on the strip. We do not need money that bad that he (and my car) are unsafe.

So yesterday we hit the pavement again. I am making beaded earrings right now. They are turning out wonderfully. Thinking about making a profession out of it!

Well, allergies are awful. No more insurance so I am taking Benadryl when they get really bad. That works but soooo sleepppyyyyyyyyy. Well, I am only eatting small portions right now. Not too difficult in the heat. Gotta drink more water instead of lemonade. More later. Oh-I wrote Karefree a letter. Hopefully she'll write back or get on line soon.!!! flower (audri)
Old 05-02-2001, 01:48 PM   #17  

Default I do hope I am posting in the right place.....

It has been a while and there have been some changes going on here! Well, that ought to teach me to not stay away so long.

I got your card Audri. That was sweet of you. There is nothing wrong. I am not really following a plan (other than the 'see food' diet) but things are really hectic around here.

We still don't have insurance either Audri but if you have any prescriptions you might want to check out the K-Mart prescription card. I got one filled for Jesse (actually 2) the other day and they were both cheaper than when we have a c0-pay with insurance. Both of these would have been 10 dollars with ins. and one was 7.92 and the other was 5 something. You also get a 5 dollar cash card to use in the store. Email me if you are interested and I will try to find the web address.

Glad to see so many people here. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Is the board over at the WB still active? I haven't been there either.

Well,

TTYL,

Karen
Old 05-03-2001, 12:23 AM   #18  

Hi all!

Well, I had my little procedure today and it went well as far as I know. In most ways not as bad as I thought, but then this is the first day and I've been good about taking my ibuprophen!

Not much else to report...I think my good streak sort of ended somewhere in the last few days...a little nervous nibbling, but I don't have that excuse now, so there is no reason not to get back going again

Welcome back Kare! That K-mart pharmacy card sounds like a good deal, I'll have to look into that!

Sorry Audri to hear how Chris' job turned out. That is really cruddy...but your earrings sound great! Keep it up and make a web page and sell those things! Start thinking of a cute name for your creations!

End the week on a good note gals! :-) Katrina
Old 05-03-2001, 07:54 PM   #19  
you can call me flower

Well, Look what happens when I don't check in for a day! Kare Free comes back. Cool trick. Mail-glad you got the procedure done and over w/. Chris is out looking for a job and me and Grif took a 3 hour nap. Sorta makes up for his screaming all night. Our ent appointment is Wednesday. I hav't been following any diet plan. Just cutting out the extra stuff. Isn't isn't very effective tho. I taught some Mormon girls how to do floral arrangements last night. They turned out cute. The flowers that is. I probably won't see how the girls turn out! Well, I should figure out dinner. Low fat keilbasa + veggie bake beans and who knows what for the kids. They hate beans! audri
Old 05-04-2001, 10:28 AM   #20  

Default Hi again.

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather lately, Mail Whale. Here's to hoping you are 100 percent soon. That nervous noshing can really play havoc with the diet.
I hope you are remembering to take your IB. Pain is a great reminder though.

BTW, the K-Mart Card can be downloaded off the Bigbigforum.com You don't have to join or anything. I think it is on the big big deal forum. I'll look for more specific directions if anyone is interested and can't find it.It really saved us some $'s even off the co pay price of a script. There is also a place on the net that I found that has some fantastic prices but I am a little leary of getting medicine off the internet. I keep thinking I don't know where it is coming from and what if it is coming from another country....Paranoid? Probably but the medicine is for my kid and I don't like to take chances with his health. Also, if you want the card, you don't have to put in your SS# on the computer. Just print the card out blank and fill it in later.

Audri, I had to laugh at the comment about you not knowing how the Mormon girls would turn out. That was cute.

It is so nice to hear from everyone again. I am going to try to make an effort to visit more often even if I am not following a plan. Speaking of a plan, Itsworthit, did you start the WW thing? If so, how is that going?

Well, I'll try to check in later.

Karen
Old 05-04-2001, 11:27 AM   #21  

Audri, I'm thinking of names for you...."Flower Power Beaded Creations" or "BeadGuiled"...I looked up "beguile" in the dictionary and it says to mislead by guile, deceive, to deprive of by guile :cheat. To distract the attention of :divert, to pass time pleasantly, to charm: delight. Obviously that last part is what I had in mind

Hey, guess what? I wrote a letter to a reporter at the paper introducing myself and my business a few weeks ago, and he called me yesterday for a phone interview and thought he could probably get the story in this weekends paper! Yea! Free press! of course, I hope it is all positive Cross your fingers for me...again!

I'm really feeling pretty good health wise...it was a really good thing that I took care of it, before the procedure, the Dr. explained more specifically what was going on...and it was not pretty. The cells were not considered precancerous as yet, but they were really multiplying away and were not good.

Well, I think I better start working on yet another new "plan" lol!
Old 05-04-2001, 01:20 PM   #22  

Hi ladies,
We've been having some pretty hot weather here this week, in the 90's for the past 3 days, going back in the 50's and 60's this weekend. I'll be going to NH for the weekend so I hope the weather will be nice, we are planning on doing some work outside.

Karefree, it's so good to hear from you again. Was wondering where you went.

Mailwahale, glad your procedure went well. Good luck with your interview.

Flower, sorry the job Chris had didn't work out.

Dolphin girl, hope you are still doing good.

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-04-2001, 05:55 PM   #23  

Hi gals,

Things here are falling apart, litterally. We have a hole in our water pipe that leads into the house. We dug down &then turned on the water & then we had a fountain in the front yard. So it has been all day w/o water & trying to get a plumber over. I sure hope we don't have to go all weekend w/o water.

the eating is going well so I'm still doing well. It does feel good to be in control for a change.

I hope all goes well for you this weekend.
Old 05-04-2001, 08:17 PM   #24  
you can call me flower

I only have a second. Grif is screaming for MAMAMAMAMA! Anyways, Mailwhale- what do you think of Auds and Ends? Then I can sell beads, jewelry, floral, stain glass ect... Hope everyone's life gets back on track. We all sound like we can use a tune up! Audri
Old 05-05-2001, 07:54 PM   #25  

Love it!!!! Auds and Ends so cute! I know in my internet website shoping that I have seen places that offer free websites for crafters to sell their stuff...I don't have a clue where, but perhaps I'll come across it again...

A friend of my moms lives in a remote part of Montana and crafts lovely stuff constantly. She sells her stuff to a craft lady that takes select stuff to shows....that way, my this friend just gets to craft away, and not worry about the selling part. I'm sure there would be lots of ways for you to do what you love and be financially rewarded for it....that's what Oprah always says!

Oh, Dolphin, I'm so sorry. Hey, did you contact the water dept? When we had a big leak at our home in everett, it was the water dept, part of the line and their responsiblity! They did the whole thing didn't cost us a cent.... Good luck, and sorry for the inconvenience! great job with your dedication of late, hope you are seeing some nice rewards at the scale for your efforts!

Well Sandy - 90 degree's...didn't you have snow not too long ago...just gonna skip from winter to summer with no spring this way!
Old 05-06-2001, 11:30 AM   #26  

Auds & Ends sounds so fun. I love the name. I think Mailwhale has some great ideas too. You will have to look into them.

Well, my daughter & I spent all day looking for prom dresses & there aren't any out there that are modest. We are so discouraged. But we are going to get a pattern & have a friend make it now. I know she will look beautiful. It was a very long day in 3 malls though & I reallly don't like to shop that much.

It is a gorgous day here & I just got back from my walk. My hands are freezing & typing is hard, so have a good day friends & make good choices.
Old 05-06-2001, 07:29 PM   #27  
you can call me flower

Well, my mom loves my earrings. Mother's day came a week early. I couldn't wait any longer. She commisioned a denim blue pair. She wants me to sell my Grandma's watercolor paintings too. I will be calling the small business administration to see about a licence and a resale # ect. I want it legit. I have tons of ides. Gotta get a blank book to record them all. I made an anklet w/ bells last night. So cute! I am actually getting modivated. I saw a tent too but gotta make sure it's the right size. As for excersice...hum, none really. allergies still aren't being nice. I think I will have to save $ for an aqua aerobics class. My feet were swelling yesterday, guess I must turn on the a/c. Ho hum!!!! audri
Old 05-07-2001, 12:11 PM   #28  

Default Hey ya'll!

Audri, I LOVE the name Aud's and Ends. It is adorable!
Why are you w/0 NetZero now? Ahhhh! 10 hours a month is not enough! I sent in a check for NewZero unlimited. It was 54.95 but that is for 6 months service.

Sounds like everyone is doing good.

I am ...trying.

TTYL,

karen
Old 05-08-2001, 03:33 PM   #29  

Things have been going good around here. I got on the scale yesterday and it moved down a little for a change, that should give me incentive to be good again this week.

The weather has been nice here, a lot cooler then last week, 60's instead of 90's, quite a difference. The black flys are back in NH so that means not too much time outside there, just have to wait till the dragonflys hatch to eat the black flys.

The WB boards have been hard to post on lately. Taz has set up another board for posting for when we can't go to the WB. The addy is:
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/cyberccs
Check it out, you have to be a member of yahoo to post and use the chat room but it doesn't cost anything. The chat room is really fun, had a good time there Sunday night.
Old 05-09-2001, 11:36 AM   #30  

I had to get a master business license from the State and that is how I pay the sales tax etc I owe. I also had to get a City business license because I operate out of my home within city limits...if I lived in the county, I wouldn't have to get that one. But that part is not too bad. The confusing parts are figuring out accounting stuff for the IRS...what is an expense, what is not. Just keep every receipt for now...much of your costs will be beneficial to your return next year.

I think I have a paid stork rental going up today - yea! for the t-ball coach, team members are chipping in. She was being induced yesterday...but I've got no word yet. Course I was induced for three days with Kayla...these things can take time!

I started some light exercise yesterday, I think I'm ready. wish I could do this without having to watch my food intake...but I must, started that again yesterday too. I'm still 10 pounds heavier than this time last year darn. But it is totally within my power to get rid of them by summer if I put my mind to it!

Hope you're all keeping your mind to it too! I hope your new ISP works out Kare and that you stay away from the flys Sandy! :
Closed Thread