3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Stay at Home Moms #223 MONDAY (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/45497-stay-home-moms-223-monday.html)

melmcc99 08-23-2004 07:27 AM

Stay at Home Moms #223 MONDAY

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ˝ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months

melmcc99 08-23-2004 07:41 AM

Well, nothing new here. I was up all night again. It's putting a damper on my exercise. I am so tired this a.m. that I feel like I'm shaking. Oh well, I think I better start liking coffee! or tea! I didn't do great OP this weekend, but I will be back in full gear today, except for the exercise.

Let's see I guess we need a QOTD....hmmmmmm.....ok

If you had a thousand dollars ($1,000) what would you do with it? This is a question about you. I tend to buy things for the kids, but if the money was specificly for you to do something with what would you get or do?

Answer: Take a friend and go to the spa for the day and have makeovers too! I would love to go away with Dh, but I wouldn't want to leave the kids, so I'll go with the Spa treatments. lol

Michelle, what colors do you think you would change your kitchen too? I think you had posted that paper stuff site once. Would you again please!!??
How was that chinese food? I love chinese.

Spryng, hope you're feeling well! Haven't seen you on this weekend.

Geri, ahhhh I hate it when you here something and it makes you crave the food. Commercials are terrible. At least you didn't buy all 4 for the $1.00

Deana, hope the 9:00 bed time worked out for you. I know it's hard sometimes when dh's work alot.

Crystal, I hope you had a good night. I know dh is gone now for a while. How did the kids behave? Did you do anything different because dh was away? I hope Andrew slept for you.

Deana1113 08-23-2004 08:24 AM

Up and at it early today....uhhhhggg

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Geri: no we don't push mow anything....not even sure we have one that works....there are a couple sitting down there but dh knows small engine repair and tends to keep them around for parts :?: or something.....junk I say if it's been there not working for more than a couple months. We actually have 2 riding mowers. I mow the back and side and dh bags the front so it looks nicer. Only takes us both about an hour to hour and a half to get it all done.

Mel: No of course the 9:00 bedtime didn't work out. I wanted to go to bed at 10 so naturally the boys gave me trouble til almost 10:30. I kept reading on my book, then when I went to the kitchen to put my glass in the sink, I saw some things I needed to take care of so therefore I was up til almost 1 before I knew it. Gonna be a long day. The good thing is that dh will be home in about 45 minutes and he is off work for the next 2 nights :D There won't be any messing around with him home :nono:. And I may go to bingo tonight anyway and get out of this house away from the kids for a while. I'm with them 24/7 seems like. I think that's most of the reason I stay up late at night is that's my only quiet time. And now that school will be starting :cp: I get up half hour before them.

Spryng: Hope everything is ok with you. Haven't seen you here. Hope those cysts didn't give you more trouble over the weekend. Let us know you're ok.

Plan for the day: Sleep....HA!
had breakfast already
talk to dh before he goes to bed
probably walk this a.m. to get me moving to get other things done
want to cook on the grill tonight so need to figure out what
still didn't mow yesterday.....have to get gas today and get it done
then I'll splurge on me and go to bingo.....I hope

I bought some SlimFast shakes that were on clearance at Walmart yesterday for 2.25.....they're actually good, cappucino delight. They had another one so I'm going back today and hope it's still there. Even Walmart's price of 4.86 for a six pack isn't bad....one a day as a snack. Just like vitamins in a can.... :lol: Don't like the idea of daily pills so those work out great for me.

Have a great OP day everyone. My WI is tomorrow morning so I'm :crossed:

See you all later.

Deana1113 08-23-2004 08:27 AM

QOTD: Probably go ahead and buy the new refrigerator I want.....black to match my other appliances. Been putting it off because the one I have still works fine. If not that, I don't know other than save it til I figured it out.

watkinsguru 08-23-2004 08:34 AM

Good Morning

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

QOTD: I would redecorate my parent's bedroom. I've wanted to do it, but don't have the $. I even started buying some fabric and accessories so I would love to do that and surprise them.

Mel, we really haven't done anything different since dh is gone. Except just had a really small dinner. Andrew slept okay, woke up twice or so, but not too bad.

I was suppose to get up at 600, the clock went off and I hit snooze. Then Ally came in there at 630 and I asked her to climb in the bed with me so she did and I dozed off again until 720, when Andrew came in there. It really throws me off, but I keep telling myself it's okay. I get crazy when things are off plan. So I'm just now drinking my coffee and fixing to start breakfast. We probably won't start school until 1000, but that's totally okay.

Penny, hope kids enjoy the first day. Let us know.

Spryng, hope you enjoyed your weekend. Can't wait to hear from you.

Dh made it to Tallahassee last night. I haven't heard from them today yet, but they've got business stuff to tend to before heading to Sarasota.
I'll check in later.

Jaymi_Dol_78 08-23-2004 10:15 AM

Hello chick-a-dees! This will be short this morning because I don’t want to tie up the lines since my son is back at school. This weekend was…. Interesting… I pretty much ate badly and didn’t exercise. But …. today is another day. I didn’t eat too too terribly, but the foods I did eat were high in fat… so that’s the down side. I tried to make it as healthy as I could… adding my own fat free cheese and mayo and wheat bun… but the not exercising is what I’m most disappointed in. The funny thing is that I was constantly “thinking” about exercising.. It just didn’t happen… well I just didn’t get up to do it. I was being lazy this weekend…

I probably will only start being on the computer early in the mornings, and after he gets off of school just incase they (the school) need to contact me. Well so far.. There is nothing on the checklist. I hung up some laundry and put some in the dryer. Well of course I have to cook… but that’s about it for me… I need to try and at least get in 30 minutes of exercise and take the rest of the day easy…Because If I don’t catch up on my rest… the whole rest of the week will be bad. TOM is coming up in about 2 days.. I probably have PMS. I don’t feel like complaining, or whining,…. At least not anymore than I already have! I just want to make the best of the day that I can! So I hope everyone is having a blessed day, and I will update when I can!

spryng 08-23-2004 10:33 AM

Good morning all!

So sorry I've been MIA and worrying you all. No my cyst problem did not come back after friday night. I was sore all day saturday from it but it was bearable. When dh is in it's really hard for me to post because he wants ALOT of attention, lol. He ran to a computer store at the moment to buy some memory and such for this computer. He bought me two new expansion packs for my Sims game!! I used to be so addicted to that game and had several expansion packs already, but each new expansion I would install would make the computer run slower and slower until it was irritating to play it. But now it's all running like a charm! I'm so happy about it! (just what I need huh? something else to keep me up half the night, lol) but it was so sweet of him to buy them for me, I've been waiting for almost a year and a half to play it again. But my weekend was fine. Saturday we all went grocery shopping so I am set for the week now. Then we just hung out at home and did nothing. Yesterday we went to MIL house for dinner, which turned out to be alot of work. I helped SIL do some work in the bed of the dump truck which was hot and dusty... and because we were working dinner didn't get done until 9:30 pm!! My kids were very hungry and tired and poor Tanner was starving trying to eat and barely keeping his eyes open. But they all ate well and then we came home, showered and crashed. DH has to leave sometime this afternoon.

Crystal, I'm glad your dh made it down to florida with no probs! And I hope he finds good work. My FIL was called too to come work down there... it was going to pay very very well but they don't want to make the drive so they turned it down. They don't think sometimes. This winter when they can't pay their bills they are going to regret that descision because they could have made 700 bucks a day plus all hotels and fuel paid for.

Jaymi, I am right with you when it comes to TOM. Mine should have hit today but no sign yet... so the craving continue until he arrives. Hang in there! I will try and get some exercise in today if you will, ok?? We'll do it together!

Mel, so sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Hope you can get a nap in today.

Deana, I love black appliances! I can't wait until I can buy new ones.

Oh saturday, we did buy a new dinette set! It's so pretty and makes my small kitchen look much roomier.
And QOTD-- I know you said just for myself, but what if it included me too? I would buy a plane tickets to fly out and see my family in california, I haven't seen them in 4 years now.
Ok, today I just plan on catching up around here. With flylady and with this weekends posts I missed from you all. So TTYL!

watkinsguru 08-23-2004 10:52 AM

Spryng, glad you enjoyed your weekend. Hope you get that cyst problem worked out.
I think your in-law's should have taken that offer, but I don't know them or their situation. I feel like it would be a great offer for us.
Right now, Florida won't accept out of state license. I'm trying to figure this out, because I would think that they are in such desparate need for the help that they should have some sort of temporary reciprocation of the licensing. They didn't get anywhere in Tallahassee, so they're headed to Sarasota, where they'll be for a few more days. Maybe they'll get something out of that.
I want this to work out so badly. I've ALWAYS wanted to pack my bags and move. If dh said let's do it and not even have the work lined up, I'd still go. But dh doesn't think or work that way. So maybe they'll fall into some work and get everything worked out.
I'll let y'all know. Okay, we're starting school, ttyl.

Chubba 08-23-2004 12:13 PM

Good morning all. :coffee:

Just popped downstairs to look up a few things and check on you ladies of course!

Mel....sorry you're having so much trouble with Bugga sleeping (assuming that's what it was :^: ). Have you tried letting him just cry it out? It's the hardest thing to do and can wake up the whole household.

QOTD...I'd get a couple of tickets to the Bahamas again!! What a beautiful peaceful place :D .

Crystal..hope Dh can get some work.

Spryng..get that exercise in today, OK??? THEN you can play your game :lol: . I'm surprised Tanner even let you guys work so late and not get dinner in earlier. Tony would have been carrying on something awful :lol: .

Michelle...yes, post that website again. When I'm done here I'll go search for it. I love Chinese food!!

Deana...enjoy your walk. Maybe the sleeping will work out better tonight.

We had 80's here yesterday and today we'll be lucky to hit 70. We're just too close to Canada! Supposed to be 80's again by Wednesday. This summer sure stinks for weather. We'll head outside pretty soon. It really wore Tony out yesterday running around the yard. He slept straight through til 8 am today. He's usually up by 6:30...but then again it was cloudy this morning too.

Well, I'm off to search! WI is tonight for me.....

TTYL

Bayleysmom 08-23-2004 12:38 PM

Hey everyone. I'm off to a bad start today. All I wanted was a good nights sleep after the long week of school and then the garage sale yesterday but did I get it? nooooooooooooooooooo. Bayley was up like 4 times last night!! WHY!!!! Anyway she woke up before me so it has thrown off my whole schedule. I haven't made my bed yet or gotten dressed and I was really getting in a good routine before I started school. Luckily all I am going to do today is flylady stuff and some deep cleaning if I can get it in. I need to go deposit our garage sale earning sometime today. Other than that I am staying home!!

QOTD:I would also go to a spa and shopping with my friends. I think that would be so much fun!!

Spryng I was glad to hear that you are going to go to the doctor for those cysts. They just sound so painful and it can't be good. Are you up for a flylady challenge today? And did you listen to the mom show last Thursday? Just wondering.

Crystal glad your dh made it safe to Florida and hope they find some good work down there.

Mel sounds like we had a similiar night! I guess we will be sleepy and worthless together today!! LOL Hope you can catch a nap. I know I will try.

Deana I do the same thing at night! I stay up late because it is me time but I end up staying up way too late and then am tired in the morning. DH doesn't like it though cause I always make lots of noise and he always says he can't sleep without me anyway!

Ok I need to feed my child so I can put her down for a nap soon so that I can get some stuff done!!! I hope I can accomplish what I really need to today. Have a great day girls! TTYL

watkinsguru 08-23-2004 01:26 PM

Okay girls. Fixing to have lunch and thinking about watching Secret Window. Not sure the kids can see it, does anyone know? Has anyone seen it? I think it's just weird but not sure how scary. Alisa, the oldest, is the only one that gets scared. Ally and Andrew LOVE movies like that.

Jill, so sorry about that night. Hope the day gets better.

Mel, hope your day is going well.

TTyL

watkinsguru 08-23-2004 04:45 PM

Hi girls. This has got to be one of the slowest Monday's since I've joined 3fc. But that's not bad, maybe that means everyone is getting done things that need to be done.
Well, I took about a 45 minute nap. I talked to the bank about our house. They need a couple more forms that I can get them by making a phone call or two. He said as soon as he gets that we can probably schedule closing for next week. So of course, we've got to wait and see what dh finds out in Florida. He should have an idea about Florida by tomorrow or Wednesday.
I also go to the doc tomorrow and maybe, maybe, maybe find out what it is. Probably not, but possibly.
Okay, mom invited us over for dinner so we're gonna get ready for that.
TTYL.

Bayleysmom 08-23-2004 04:59 PM

ok this is the slowest day since I joined 3fc too! I can't believe it! I better get a full report of everyones day when you all get back on here!!! You would think with most the kids in school that everyone would be on here chatting it up! Ok well my sis and I are watching a movie and then need to go for a walk. TTYL!!

Angel Marie 08-23-2004 06:25 PM

Wow,eveyone must be so busy today.Not many post.I've been busy all day.Kinda proud of myself I got all the kitchen cabinets cleaned out and organized,The last load of laundry is in the wash,mowed the lawn.So I think i've done pretty well for a Monday.I EVEN DRANK WATER :D .That's big for me.I really don't like drinking water.I've quit soda almost all together.I used to drink a 2 liter a day of diet pepsi.Now,I drink about a 20oz every other week or so.Well I gotta get off here and start supper it's spagetti night.What's everyone else having?

QOTD:I'm with you girls I have always wanted to go to a spa for a day.But i'd really love to take my mom.She raised me and my 3 brothers by herself.She deserves it. :)

Well i'll check back in later.I hope everyone is having a nice evening.

BIGtimeLOSER 08-23-2004 07:07 PM

Hello

I was once again out today trading ina dead fish and taking yet ANOTHER child to the doc! If I were really lucky, the day I have panned to do nothing would really actually happen, but I doubt it.

Christian fell at the doc's office and really banged his head on their brick floor, so we got to get seen much faster. I had all 4 little ones, so I was not having fun! He got iced, but he is fine in that respect. He now has an ear infection, too. That makes 3 kids with ear infections, woo hoo!

THANK GOD a friend from church found out about our sickos and made us 2 chicken pot pies from scratch for dinner. SInce I haven't had time to think about eating, I am not worried how fattening it might be! Since I am so tired, I am just glad to not have to cook.

I did bypass the candy aisle at every store I have been at today, even as hungry as I was and still am...GOOO MEEE!!!!! What was your good thing for the day? What did you say no to? What did you have less of than you could have? What did you take control of?

BAck after I feed us all! Maybe!