View Poll Results: If You Had To Pick Only One Of The Following Thrill Seekers....Which Would You Pick?
Skydiving 2 22.22%
Bungee Jumping 0 0%
Mountain Climbing 1 11.11%
Para/Hand Gliding 4 44.44%
Scuba Diving 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 11:28 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#2)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 08-20-2004, 11:33 PM   #2  

I will post tomorrow. I've had a very rough week at school and I'm so tired. I've got to get in the bed.

Big Hugs......Love you all.....
Old 08-21-2004, 04:31 PM   #3  

I have been mountain climbing, Ihave been suba diving and I have a frind that has a hand glider that I would love to try. He also has one that has a motor and that you can fly.
Sherry where in the world do you ever get the ideas for the surveys? I just love them. I am glad that you decided to go to bed instead of posting to us all when you were so tired. I hope that you got rested up.

It is rainning out today. We have had the coldest spring and summer on record. I bet I was only in the pool so far a dozen times. Larry is just getting our hot tub ready for the cooler nights. I won't be able to go in til 2 weeks after the surgery.

Yesterday Jason bought his first car. The car he had before was a reliant that we gave him. He now is the proud owner of a Nesan Le Maximum. His car is actually newer than ours. It has all the bells and whistles even a sunroof.

We did our saturday ritual of garage saling. We got a lot of intresting things. I love to go because you never know what you will find.

I hope that you all enjoy your weekend.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:27 AM   #4  

Wow, it's scary around here! Nobody is posting. I hope everyone is busy and not depressed. Please check in just to say hi and that you are well!
Yesterday was like the first day of school again, since we got back in after Charley. I was the bus queen again, but not quite as much action as the first day, thank goodness! Hopefully it will cool down quite a bit more as the week goes on. People are still very tense.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:12 PM   #5  

I think that it is time for a group hug!

Come on everybody join in.......

{{{Carol, Cheryl, Debbie, Doni, Gayle, Jennelle, Ramona, Shelley, Sherry, Tina, Vicki, Wanda}}}

Ok, now who did I miss?

Let's gather today and share our love for each other. We could all use a hug.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:27 PM   #6  

There must be something in the air. Becky and Patty were in an accident today, and Becky's car is not in driving condition right now. They are both okay, just very shaken up. Someone pulled in front of Becky. Fortunately, she has a witness that stopped and talked to the police. She is very upset, and doesn't want to drive her car anymore. She wants a new car because all of her friend's parents can afford to buy their kids beautiful new automobiles. I tell her she is lucky just to have one, but it doesn't help. She doesn't realize how inadequate it makes us feel because we can't afford to do this for her. Are any of you having any similar problems with your teenagers? I really can't help it that we don't have the money to fork out to buy her a decent car. I don't even drive a decent car!!

Okay, I've boo-hoo'd enough! Dee, you are right we do need a big group hug. I love and miss everyone!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:36 PM   #7  

Shelley I am sorry to hear that your girls got in a car accident. We gave Jason a reliant K car that was more than 10 years old. We never gave Desiree a car because she only has her beginners. If she gets her drivers we would only be buying her a beater. If my kids want a nice car they have to buy it themselves. Actually jason just bought a car this week. He has a nicer car than we do. He bought a Nissan-Maximum LE. It is a 99. Our car is a Intrepid Le 94. I believe that just because the parents have money it doesn't mean that everything should be given out to the kids. They need to learn how to support themselves.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:53 PM   #8  

Shelley....Sorry to hear the girls were in an accident but glad they are OK...Cars can be replaced but our girls can't..How is MOM??? i am sure you have been upset over this also.....

{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} everyone

Vicki
Old 08-24-2004, 08:07 PM   #9  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Everyone

Shelley...I'm glad your girls are alright. I'm sure things will be crazy at your school for awhile. How is Mike doing? I agree about the car deal. I helped my kids buy a older first car but they had to work and buy gas and insurance.

Dee...How are you feeling? Is your surgery at the end of this month. Are you still in a lot of pain?

Sherry....How is things going at your new school? I know everyone misses you at Chadwell but take this time to relax from so much work. They will keep your work for you for the days you are at Chadwell...lol.

I'm still on the " One day on...One day off" plan..LOL But by some miracle I'm holding my weight off pretty good. This pass weekend was so busy for me with 2 birthday parties and spending a lot of time at the funeral home. James' brother died Friday night after a long illness. This was an older brother that was more like a father to him. Seems there has been way too many funerals lately.

I still need to finish the laundry. Sorry I don't have time to post to everyone but sending my love.
Hugs...deb
Old 08-24-2004, 08:56 PM   #10  

Hello

I'm alive & well!! I've just been so busy and tired. This going to 2 schools is about to get to me!!!! I have a feeling that one day I'll show up at the wrong school!!!!!!

I'm doing so bad staying OP. One day I'll do good and the next day I'll eat everything in site!!!!

After work today, Wayne & I had to go to Walmart for a new battery for my car. As he was getting it, I looked at the clearance rack and found a pair of capri's & a short sleeved sweater for $5.00 each!! BUT the pants were a size 16!!! I was doing so good and down to a size 14 but now I'm back in 16's!! Why can't I "do it" this time?????

Shelley....I'm so happy that the girls are ok!!!!! Drew has a used car and wants a nice one like his friends too! But guess what??? He isn't even driving his own yet! When he can prove to us that he can work, keep his grades up, etc....then we'll go get tags & insurance and he can drive! I know that sounds harsh & mean but that the rules!!!

Dee....I have been thinking of you a lot lately. When is your surgery? How do you feel?

Everyone else....I agree with Dee....BIG HUGS TO ALL!!! Let's don't let our group die out!!!! I know I've been bad too about not posting but I promise I'll start finding the time to do so!!!

Love to all.......
Old 08-25-2004, 05:35 AM   #11  

We have all been arguing all night. Becky finally apologized. She did pay for her own car, gas, clothes, everything except insurance. My evil MIL pays for that. Patty refuses to ride the bus, and Becky can get a ride to school herself. I will say it again: I hate these teenage years!!

Debbie-We are still very, very busy at school. The main problem is busing. Several buses are refusing to take children to stops, even though they are on the route sheet. Yesterday, when I left, there were approximately 30 kids in the office without rides. I felt terrible just leaving, but my kids needed me at that time. Now, guess what? I am being put up at the front desk. The data lady just can't get all her work done and handle the front counter too, since she is new. I really don't have a problem with it, as long as the principal doesn't make me keep my desktop clutter free! The move will probably be Thursday.

Sherry-It must be very hard going back and forth to 2 schools. I know it's hard enough at 1!! Don't worry about the weight right now. You will get back on track completely when you are ready. I know for myself that I am eating everything in site right now, and we are completely flooded around my streets again, so I can't run. Check out the core plan if you get a chance at the WW website. Sounds interesting, but I just don't know if it would work for me.

Dee-Desiree never got her regular driving permit? Boy, are you lucky!!!

Gayle-Check your email!

Time to tackle another day. Love to everyone!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:49 AM   #12  

I'm still here. Been overloaded w/work.

I feel really bad right now. One of my coworkers (from a different county--across the state) got a termination notice a couple of weeks ago. Since he got the notice he's been trying really hard to get the paperwork together to fight it. Only a few people know (as of right now--it'll get out) and I'm one of them. Well, on Monday his boss from his "real" county office called our office looking for him. He usually drives here on Monday afternoon and comes in to our office on Tuesday morning. Well, I let him know on Monday, via text messate, because I thought he was en route, that he had a message to call his boss. He never showed up here and he never called to let us know he wasn't coming, he wasn't dead, not to worry, etc. So, this morning (Wednesday), I called to check on him because I was worried (he never called us, he's going through a rough time, etc--I was worried). His boss said that he called her on Monday afternoon and told her that he was here. She was like, "Has he not been there all week?"

I don't know who I'm more mad at--him for lying or me for calling to check on him and possibly getting him into (even more) trouble.

What's more, I don't know if I should try to call him now and let him know that I screwed up (at least I feel like I did) or if I should just leave well enough alone. I know I'm going to just leave it alone--I just hate myself right now.

Last edited by 4myloves; 08-25-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:26 AM   #13  

Cheryl-You didn't screw up!! He should never have done that to you. It is not your responsibility to lie for him. I would leave well enough alone if I were you!

Still no running for me! We had more rain and more flooding. Now I really don't have a car to go anywhere else to run since Becky needs it.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:26 PM   #14  

Cheryl I agree with Shelley, it is not up to you to lie for him. Don't worry about it, it isn't your fault.

Sherry you lead such a busy life, even when it comes to work. One day on and one day off is better than not trying at all. You shouldn't gain weight that way. When you are ready mentally you will be able to do it.

Debbie I say the same for you. One day on is better than no days on program. Just keep at it and you will click and be able to do it. I am sorry to hear about James brother. Life is full of hard ships. Try to remember the good and you will get through it.

Shelley I agree with you. The teenage years are a great challenge. I know I have certainly been chalenged. You are doing a good job of raising the girls. How is Mike after his fall? You must feel pend up not being able to get out and run. I know that is the way I feel when I can't get out. That is crazy about the buses at school.

As of yesterday I needed to come off of my anti-inflamitories before the operation. I am on so many different pills I didn't think that they were doing anything anyways. Well I was wrong. I am in even more pain now. I have to keep pretty drugged up to function. My operation is monday morning. I need to be at the hospital at 5:45 am. I should be released the same day if things go well. They don't keep patients after back surgery 10 days like they use to. They were finding that they would either get blood clots or phenomonia if they stayed in the hosptial. After I get out I am going to my mom and dad's. I will be back friday. Larry will post and let you know how I am doing.

Thank you everyone for coming together again for a group hug. We need each other.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:41 PM   #15  

Dee-Please make sure Larry doesn't forget us!! We want to know how our dear friend is doing. Good luck, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Today was the big move to the front desk. But first, you have to know what I walked into at 6:30 this morning. On my desk was a note with a pile of blank colored paper under it. The paper was some that the principal had given to me last week to put away. I never had the time to, so I left it sitting in her bag on the counter in the back of the office where the copy machine is located. The note said "put me away and clean up the back rooms." I felt like quitting right there on the spot, but a teacher was there and the building supervisor and they both helped me try and straighten out the back room. I guess I just feel so inadequate because I don't seem to have the time to do the trivial stuff that she wants done. So today I moved my stuff to the front desk and moved the lady at the front desk to mine. I had to do most of it since she is in a wheelchair. I am feeling very overwhelmed right now and money is very, very tight. Mike needs to find a decent full time job, but nobody will hire him because of the worker's comp thing and his back. And now he is still in quite a bit of pain with his ankle. He did an air conditioner installation, which has made it worse. I am so depressed right now and don't know what to do. I am thinking about seeing if I can work the afterschool program. I better get off this computer before I bring everyone down!

Love to everyone!
Closed Thread