3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ISO support to lose 50lbs...any takers? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/45344-iso-support-lose-50lbs-any-takers.html)

tiredoffat 07-26-2005 11:56 AM

Just checking in to say hello. A much better week this week - I have time! I had a great workout this morning and I'm hoping to eat well today. Hope you have a good day Marie!

tiredoffat 07-29-2005 10:18 AM

Marie, I was just thinking. You might be on your cruise. Hope all is well. My computer was down for a few days. Take care. - M

Marie 08-01-2005 05:56 PM

Hi ToF, I'm back from the cruise. It was beautiful in Alaska and British Columbia, but I ouldn't do it again. The whole focus of the cruise was eating 5 course meals, 3 to 4 times a day. I gained 3 pounds, but there wasn't much else to do other than eat while we were travelling from port to port. The Hubbard Glacier was unreal. It was so beautiful, you could stare at it for hours. I will put together a website and give you a link so that you can see the incredible scenery. Really I had a good time, but I sure couldn't do it often.

I've been back for two days and it's been easy to get back on track. I've been eating healthy and we hiked yesterday with the dogs. So I've exercised as well. I sure am glad to be home.

I'm glad last week was good for you. I know that I feel so much better when I eat healthy and exercise. I'm going to exercise today but I'm not sure doing what. I'm thinking of riding the exercycle since the pool is too cold to swim in. DS didn't heat it right and we're bringing the temperature back up. Probably can swim laps in a couple days.

How did the triathalon go???
TTYL.

tiredoffat 08-01-2005 08:22 PM

Hi Marie, it's good to hear from you. I'm glad that you were able to see such beautiful sites. I'll look forward to hearing more about your trip as time goes on. I always enjoy traveling and enjoy coming home too so I know how you feel.

The triathlon was awesome. Very inspiring. 1700 women all at different places on their health journeys. Very positive, lots of support.

I finished all events in one hour and 39 minutes. The swim was tough as I had to navigate around many swimmers. It was my best event of the three though. The bike was awesome. I have a good bike and I like biking. I went fast, in fact I thought I was flying but I wasn't nearly as fast as many. On that event I was 633 out of over 1700. The run was by far the hardest part. I was tired and I jogged very slowly. People were giving me lots of support and positive comments and that helped me to finish. I was one of the slowest runners coming in at the 1300's out of all 1700. Overall I came in in the first half of the participants which I was proud of. I'm so happy that it's over. I feel relief throughout my body. My next goal is a local road race and loosing some pounds. Thanks for being here Marie. I'm really hoping to progress during the month of August.

sw 210
cw 181 (lowest recorded weight since the journey started - 167)
gw 150

tiredoffat 08-02-2005 09:46 AM

Hi Marie,

How are you? As you might know I post on one other thread. We just decided to start a new thread called "Daily Check-In II." Please join us if you'd like or we can continue on this thread. Either way works for me.

Daily Check-In currently has three other people. Carol - a woman (40's or 50's), grandma, lots of interests and very supportive. Roll, a mom with one daughter, inspirational. Judy - lots of good ideas and great energy to achieve her goals.

Hope you are doing well. I've made lots of time for myself and my priorities this month. So it's all about staying on track and meeting my goals. Thanks for being here.

Marie 08-02-2005 07:52 PM

Hi TOF, I will look at the other thread and we can move over to there. There's really no reason to have this thread going for just the two of us. But I thought since only you'd be interested in my cruise pictures I'd give you the link here. It's at www.mariesdogs.info/cruise.htm

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm starting to feel old. 44 just seems too old when I'm such a kid still. DH made me a lo-cal fudge cake and I have to wait till tomorrow to have any. Oh, and today I agreed to return to work two days early. So my vacation ends on Monday at 8:00. Bummer, huh?

TTYL.

tiredoffat 08-03-2005 06:31 AM

I'll take a look at the pics today and tell you my reactions. Take care.

skinny_butt 08-09-2005 03:38 PM

seeking to renew

I come to you w/my head bowed and my "tail between my legs" to renew my friendship w/the two of you. I ask you forgiveness for disappearing and hope you'll recieve me back w/open arms.

Hard to say where I lost the will to keep trying but I did. I need to update my weight as I'm up to 219.8. *sigh* I'm back on track, though, w/weekly meetings and weigh-ins at my church. Part of getting back on track meant coming here and setting things straight w/my on-line buddies. I will join you at the other thread as you guys decided to just post there but wanted to notify you first that I'm back on board. I've read some to catch up and I'm looking forward to looking at Marie's pix. Congrats, TOF, on your triathalon. What an accomplishment!

Well, I'm sending a PM as well. Hope to hear from you soon.

Skinny

Marie 08-09-2005 10:12 PM

I am so glad that you are back. And back on track. You can do it, Skinny! I'm really proud of you for coming back. It isn't always easy, is it? We really missed you.
Marie

skinny_butt 08-10-2005 09:01 AM

Good morning

Thanks for you warm welcom back, Marie. It is good to be back. I'm back on track w/my eating and exercise habits and determined to see it through this time. Soon, I'll be reaching 210 which seems to be a crisis number for me. It seems that when I get there, I get scared or just hit a ceiling which leads to discouragement and dropping out. But, I know it's coming and I'm determined to ge below that dreaded number. It helps that DH is doing WW w/me now so it's easier to cook and I have live in encouragement! Who could ask for more! :)

So, do I need to start posting on the daily check in II now? Just let me know.I haven't had a chance to look at your pix yet but will try to do that today. We're planning a nice family vacation for DD's high school graduation next year and she's considering an Alaskan cruise. I've never been on a cruise and I would love it.

Well, have a great day and I'll be back (insert best Terminator voice here) :D

tiredoffat 08-10-2005 10:52 AM

Hi again Skinny. See you on check-in II.