Old 07-04-2004, 02:46 PM   #1  
my body my temple

Smile Miss P's Birthday Challenge

So I've called myself Miss.Procrastinator.....

I thought I would get my butt into gear and I joined the gym but I can make an excuse everyday not to go. Whether it's the weather, my long day at work, homework or work preperation - I'm the excuse queen. I mentally beat myself up before I go to bed because I didn't eat well or exercise that day, but when I wake up I still don't do anything.

I have tried to stick to diet plans but I give up if I don't see results. I have stuck 90 pounds on my body in only two years, the only positive thing about the first 40 pounds was because I quit smoking after 14yrs. The next 50 pounds came from making excuses for not smoking ie: I am substituting food for smoking. Whatever, I was telling myself that it was ok. Ummmm nope - not okay.

Anyways, I'm at my highest and I want to get back to 175pds. It's not the 'model' weight nor the dream weight but it's my healthy feel good about me weight and that is my new goal. Now that I've reached that end of my rope maybe I can start climbing back to the top.

I'm calling this thread Miss P's Birthday Challenge. I am looking forward to my friends from my last thread, Canada Day Challenge to join me in getting trim for my 31st birthday!

Goal: August 25 - 235pds

Last edited by Miss.Procrastinator; 08-06-2004 at 11:10 AM.
Miss.Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #2  
my body my temple

Welcome ladies!! Well it's sunday and the start of a new challenge. This time I'm going to work harder than ever! I just said good-bye to my parents and am ready to show them in 3 months what dedication I have to this challenge!! I am very excited and raring to go. Now that I have a gym routine in the works and have made it into some sort of a habit, I am ready to focus more serious attention to my eating habits. Ofcourse taking a week holiday to sight see with my folks has totally set me off track, BUT not for long. I am ready to get to that first personal reward and in order to do that I need to loose 23 pounds!!

LET'S DO THIS!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 04:21 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yaaaaay Miss P I'm in again no specific number of pounds to lose for this one will just try my best
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #4  
my body my temple

Monday already!!!

Well, I start a new shift for the next month or so. I am going in later and leaving later. It's nice to be able to sleep in but it's not nice having to be home later. I am debating going to the gym in the morning before work or in the evening after work. I don't have very much energy when I leave the gym, some people start their day that way but I feel like I'm too tired to do much afterwards. Another thing to get use to is packing a lunch now, where before I did a split shift and was able to come home for lunch. Dilemmas with packed lunches, whats healthy, what will allow me the energy to tie me over until dinner - ugh ugh ugh. Well, I'm going make some tea and start my day!

Happy Monday!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:00 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well, You're the opposite of me Miss P cuz exercising first thing sets me up for the day but if I decide to do it later then it just does'nt get done good job we are not all the same is'nt it can you imagine the line up for the gym ?

I walked 4mls this morning could'nt believe it was JUNE 14TH when I last did any I'm planning to beat Junes Treadmill Miles and that won't be hard to do
Old 07-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #6  
my body my temple

Wow, taking a week off work is awesome but coming back from a week off is dreadful! I am so busy with work and getting the house back together. I haven't had any free time to do anything! I haven't been at the gym since monday and I haven't weighed myself this week either. UGH, I will have to catch up with that stuff at the end of the week. I think I got too much sun yesterday, feeling kind of yucky today, I should wear a hat more often. Anyways, I better get ready for work. Keep up the walking Cat! WTG!
Old 07-08-2004, 05:11 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

I will Miss P I walked 5.25mls this morning You'll soon get back to normal thats the worst part about vacations getting back into a routine I wonder where Jenn is? She said she was joining us did'nt she
Old 07-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #8  
my body my temple

I had chinese food last night.....bad very bad..... I am regretting it, but our paychecks didn't come in on time and we are down to the nitty gritty in the cupboards! UGH! I need to have back up healthy food, but unfortunately the good stuff doesn't last as long than as the bad stuff. I think Jenn said she's be MIA for the first few weeks because of holidays??? But don't quote me on that. I weighed myself at work and I put on 2 pounds!!!!!!! I guess the week with my folks and the junk food I've been eating out of the cupboards to get rid of everything has caught up. It's TOM soon too, so that could be a factor. But WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Anyways, hope you do better than me this week Cat!! Have a good weekend, I need more coffee!!!HA!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:19 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

I've been bad too Miss P i've gained 1lb bought myself chocolate yesterday at the mall and drank regular beer I'll have to get more of the light stuff in I guess and quit buying chocolate! I always do this when I start losing I start to ease off and let myself have treats and before I know it i'm back where I started last night i 'ed out on chocolate digestive biscuits 2lbs is'nt so bad considering all the eating out that you did i'm dreading next month cuz i'll be doing that for 3 weeks HELP!
Old 07-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #10  
my body my temple

Well, I am going to put those 2pds and horrible week of lack of exercise and healthy eating behind me!! I am going grocery shopping today and I'm ready to stock my shelves with goodness and pack healthy lunches. I am going to start my gym routine tomorrow (I have too much to do today), and I'm going to lose those 15pds by my birthday!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 02:43 PM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good for you Miss P

I walked another 4.5mls yesterday i'm doing good with exercise but food i've got to get serious with that again i had a bacon butty (sandwich) for breakfast i have'nt had bacon for ages was'nt really that bothered about it just did'nt want it to go to waste i'll do better this week
Old 07-11-2004, 03:15 PM   #12  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Good afternoon ladies!!

I'm back from my vacation with the addition of a tattoo (the chinese symbol for strong on the back of my right hip) and an extra 2# according to the gym scale yesterday... but who thinks those things are *always* right. Oh well what can one expect when they take the freedoms I took last week!

Let's see, what should my goal be for your birthday Miss P? I think I will do this one a little differently... I am going to go by my morning weight on my home scale (the one that is "just me" is you know what I mean)... This morning it said 187.5# this morning.... I think I am going to aim for 175# on that scale for this challenge and to break into the 170s at the gym...Tim thinks I can do it so here goes!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:27 AM   #13  
my body my temple

Welcome back Jennnnnn! And congrats on the new ink!! I am stoked to get my newest tat and very strong willed waiting until I get down to my goal. The symbol you chose couldn't of been better to show how hard you've worked towards a healthier you!!

I came home from work today and SLEPT! UGH! I told my bf to wake me up at 6:30pm and it's now nearly 9:30pm!! So not only will I be up later tonight but I didn't get to the gym. Now I know it's not HIS fault but it's easier to blame him, HA! I guess with this hot monday and TOM approaching I'm in lazy mode! Can one of you please come over and kick this big old butt back into gear??

Now I am so determined to lose this 10pounds for my birthday and giving myself 5 weeks seems reasonable but man alive I need to drag this body to exercise! On a good note I ate very well today and gave myself little healthy snacks to tie over my hunger, that really works! So now I won't over eat during lunch and dinner. Even though I slept through dinner tonight

Last edited by Miss.Procrastinator; 07-13-2004 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:02 AM   #14  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Thanks Miss P! I never thought I would actually get one but my sister was going get one on the nape of her neck (she wanted a Chinese symbol and didn't know what one yet) and I thought it might be nice to get the symbol for family or sisters, and then convince my others sisters to do it later... Well they did have that and we didn't have the opportunity to look it up so I decided that strong would be nice because it could symbolize sooo much since we are both going through this weight loss journey and everything, so that's what we got, and I'm loving it

I'm feeling hopefull this morning that the 2# was mostly bloat due to TOM and bad eatting, not 'actual gain'.... Before I left for vacation my home scale said 186.5# on Friday morning (which is the lowest I can ever remember seeing)....and this morning it said it again! So I am not afraid of my official weigh-in anymore that's coming on Saturday for the month. So I have to lose 11.5# before your b-day Miss P, I can soo do this!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls

I have'nt treadmilled since Friday and my legs are aching today cuz i've just done a five hour shift at work on my feet i'll do some in the morning i'm determined to clock up a decent treadmill score this month

Jenn, a 2lb gain is'nt bad at all after a vacation I can beat that easily did it hurt getting your tattoo?

Miss P, Sorry i'm too late to kick your butt