Old 08-19-2004, 03:46 PM   #31  

Carri
Faye

Amanda: You have to understand you basically gave up one addiction and increased another when you quit smoking. Food addiction is the toughest and you know why? If you don't buy ciggies they aren't in the house, if you don't get a prescription filled or meet your dealer, you don't have drugs but NO MATTER WHAT, THERE IS ALWAYS FOOD IN THE HOUSE. Here is something I want you to think about.

**LADIES, WHAT IS THE WORST THING YOU HAVE EVER EATEN, IE DUMBEST THING WHEN YOU CAN'T FIND SOMETHNG THAT SATISFIES YOU?**

I know I have eaten dopey things like brown sugar on buttered bread, chocolate syrup out of the bottle, those sprinkles for cupcakes, etc. Believe me, when the craving calls we find something to satisfy it and the whole secret to weight loss is to replace that craving for food with something else. I have said before I am not too cool with Dr Phil because I think he is an arrogant jackass but one thing he is dead on about is he says YOU MUST replace a bad habit with something else. All of us need to work on this to succeed and not continually fall back. I did absolutely fabulous for 6 months and have bumped around since then, not gaining more than 5-6 lbs but I should be near my goal and I am not. When you feel that you must eat, you MUST substitute it with something else. Your tummy grumbles when it is hungry and if it isn't grumbling your brain is tripping you up. Let's work as a group to conquer what faults we have and replace them with good things. It is the true way to lose weight and keep it off forever!

Have a good afternoon.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:40 PM   #32  
It is what it is...

What weird things have I eaten...well lets see, I am the queen of the freak out binge eating of just crap after crap so it will be a long list....
*cottage cheese as a dip for chips ( actually that sounds good right now, ha )
*semi-sweet morsels by the handful ( whole bag w/o making any cookies )
*pancake syrup and butter as a paste for bread
*pie filling right out of can
*etc

Have I given you any ideas for tonights snack yet? ha ha just kidding...I hope

Amanda - Great to hear that you have resolved to get back on plan, you will do great !!! Those 4 pounds will come off soon if you work at it ...

Faye - you are so dead on, it is so, so hard to get away from food, it is always around, if you wanted you could sit and eat all day ( and I think I have ) ... I will be trying hard tonight to stay out of the kitchen, I do not know what I could replace the food with, maybe some reading?? I tend to think I am getting a hunger headache and need to eat, whether I feel hungry or not that is what I "think" it is...sometimes I might eat too little who knows, the WW system is supposed to make sure you are not under-eating though.

Everyone have a good evening, I will try and stay out of the kitchen tonight
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 08:14 PM   #33  

Default Hi Chickies!

i have been MIA - sorry! Just busy, getting home late and falling asleep in front the of boob tube!

I have been on plan everyday with the exception of a small sliver of birthday cake (the big 48) at my office on Monday and a cookie I gave in to at the division recognition luncheon today. I have only had two belly dance workouts this week so I am getting on the treadmill this evening for sure. Water has been so-so the last couple of days but I have found a mechanism that when I use it gets all my water in during the day.

I haven't weighed or taken measurements in over a week but I feel lighter and a few of my clothes fit differently. I will take the plunge tomorrow on lbs. down and see if the scale agrees with me. The Atkins is working very well for hubby and me!

Weird eating stuff - I absolutely love peanut butter and bacon sandwhiches and dipping my french fries in my strawberry shakes. Since I have been on Atkins and can't indulge in any of those treats our favorite new dessert is 2 tablespoons of whipped topping (2 carbs a serving) and1/4 cup of nuts (4 carbs) mixed together and sweetened with splenda (2 carbs). Cuts my carbo/sweet craving and I am losing consistently with this allowable treat!

Amanda - recommiting for me is a daily thing - I have to do it every morning, taking it one day at a time - never looking back - always looking at the now and the immediate future whether it is the next minute, the next meal. You can do it - take on the mini goals of each day and you can overcome any mountain!

Satine - I constantly think about where you came from and where you are now. What a great accomplishment even though you still have some road to travel - but what a legacy you have left for woman like me. I know it is possible for me to get to your current weight again. I await the day I will be where you are now and marvel at the size you will be by the time I get there.

Faye - I am so glad your car situation is turning out to be manageable. I am so sorry to hear about Jayme. I will keep her in my prayers.

Scuzin' - I agree that a specific plan may help you. I had been failing at dieting and yo -- yoing back and forth until I started with Atkins. I now have an accurate gage of when I am on plan and off. You may want to find a plan that gives you specific measurements of over eating, undereating, and eating the wrong foods for your body type and goals. I highly recommend reading "The Metabolic Typing Diet." I am not remmending the diet itself because it was not specific enough for me. However, the assessments and the information on metabolism helped me understand that there is no one diet plan that is right for everyone and some us need more carbs, some need more protein, and some of us need both in order to metabolize our food. That information helped me determine which plans (WW, Atkins, etc.) I might have more success with.

For my Time for Me Thursday - I am on the way to Best Buy to use my $50 gift certificate to buy some music and movie I want - then to my favorite chair to watch Olympics with my daughter.

Have a great evening!!! mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 07:26 AM   #34  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Any losses this week ladies?

When you say your prayers this week remember the Williams family in Gilmore Arkansas. Their daughter went missing last Sunday, they arrested a female family friend and baby sitter for kidnapping after several witnesses provided info they had seen the woman pick her and her bicycle up (her bike and shoes were found 25 miles away) They thought there was an accomplice that had the girl but found her dead in a soybean field last night. The autopsy is going to pay a big part in this case as to time of death because the field had been searched by police earlier in the week and the woman was in jail by Tues I think. Just keep this family in your prayers as they sat at the site for 5 hours last night with no police filling them in on anything.

I will check in later ladies

Faye
Old 08-20-2004, 09:11 AM   #35  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... I had a good evening last night and a good morning this morning when I saw that I am right where I was last week, so the fair food didnt do too much damage, of course I can report no loss, but no gain will be fine with me after that 3 day eat-a-thon

Faye - It just sounded like they were pretty positive that they would find her alive...that is so sad, will definitely keep them in my prayers.

MsCat - Thank you, thank you for those kind words about me and my progress...you do not know how much they meant...it is easy for me to forget where I have been and to be quite honest I was getting a little discouraged this week but reading your post gave me the encouragement that I needed...so again - thank you !!! And also so glad to hear that you are doing well on the Atkins...my dh does that and just loves the plan, he loses very quickly on it, can't wait to see hear your progress as time goes on...good luck

Susan - I do agree with the others, you need some type of plan or journaling to know if you are doing the right thing by your "diet"...there are many good one's out there to follow, just do some research and find what is best for you
good luck!

Cat, Amanda, Julie, and everyone "hi" and if I do not check back have a great weekend!! Suppose to be dark and rainy today here, I love one of those every once in a while, too bad I am not at home to enjoy it though!! Oh and 3 points yesterday....talk later...
Old 08-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #36  
2006 - Panda Remix

Howdie!

I got 3 points yesterday - my first day back on plan and writing everything down, and it went well. I'm allowed between 1500 - 1600 cals, and I had 1572!

I made a really great start to my day today - I got up early (even though I'd been to bed late!) and went swimming! I had to leave for swimming at 9.45am, and I didn't get up till 8.55am - normally I would have put off going as I'd got up too late, but I was determined to go. so I just grabbed a coffee and went! AND it was absolutely pouring it down with rain! So a big pat on the back for me!

I'm really trying to make some positive changes this time - and getting up early and going swimming is one of them. I had a really good chat with Nigel recently about how I'm always stop - starting on my diet, and how most of the time I don't even believe myself when I say 'this time is different, I'm really going to do this this time!' We talked about becoming a DOER - instead of thinking about it, talking about it and planning it - JUST DO IT!! That made alot of sense to me - so I am working on becoming a doer, and that is why I feel so glad that i got up and went swimming this morning - in the past I would have said 'I can't attend that session as it is too early for me', but instead I just did it - and hopefully it will soon become a new habit.

I'd just like to say that when i gave up smoking, Nigel was still smoking and I had constant access to cigarettes - how is that for willpower? I guess if you want something enough and BELIEVE you can do it, then you will!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:01 PM   #37  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri
Amanda
Faye

Amanda: It is hard to explain, but something just clicks in your brain when you finally totally commit to losing weight. Everyone of us has ridden the roller coaster of yoyo dieting but when we really commit to it, it does come off and stays off.

I got the house all cleaned, laundry all done and workout in the pool between rain showers so I am free for the weekend. I would like to go to the movies, but I am not sure that there is anything dh would like to see. He is kind of persnickety when it comes to movies and really doesn't like going to the theater because he says it is too expensive.

The car goes to the body shop on Monday afternoon and is supposed to be ready on Friday so we shall see. I hope I have no trouble getting the rental car to come and pick us up etc. I don't need more headaches about this.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Faye
Old 08-20-2004, 03:22 PM   #38  

Default Fabulous Friday for Me!!!!

Hello My Dear Chickies! I am sooo estatic that although I haven't been consistent with my water and exercising this week, staying on plan has paid off. I am down to 224!!!!

Although that is only 2lbs down from last week, this is the third week in a row and the first time in years I have had consistent weight loss. I just pray I am off the the teeter totter for a while now. Thanks for all of your encouragement and living examples!
Just imagine where I would be if I had exercised and drank my daily water??? That is my goal for the next week - 4 points across the board for 7days! Who is willing to take the challenge with me? Come on - We can do it!

Amanda - Keep up the good work! I like your tenacity - I made signs and posted them at my desk, in the car, on my treadmill etc. that says "DIA" Do it Anyway. It really helps when I start justifying why I can't do something.

Carri - Thank you!

Have a great 4 pointer day
Old 08-20-2004, 06:11 PM   #39  
2006 - Panda Remix

Mscat - Do it anyway - I love that! It is exactly my philosophy at the moment.

And I forgot to wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - I hope you had a fantastic day!

Love Amanda x
Old 08-20-2004, 09:03 PM   #40  

Default Last Post for the Weekend!

Going to be in a Landmark Education course with dh from 8:30 a.m. to Midnight on Saturday and Sunday! So I will check back on Monday and report how I did with my challenge.

Amanda - thanks for the BD wishes! It was a great day. Good luck to you this weekend.

The challenge is still on - Love to you all!
mscat 239/224/140
Old 08-21-2004, 09:31 AM   #41  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can you share with us?

LBS DOWN FRIDAY:

MsCat: great job!

MsCat: I am in on the challenge for next week. 4 pt days for the week. Who is with us???????

Later girls

Faye
Old 08-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #42  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Well, I did have plans for the weekend but the weather had other plans so I won't be going back to the place I went last weekend for a BBQ and Fair Looks like its a weekend indoors for me

Amanda, I don't camp in a tent I'm in a solid camper on the back of our truck which has a stove, a sink, and a furnace the only thing it is lacking is a bathroom pity cuz thats the only thing that I miss

For Anyone who is interested I have heard from Jaymi and she is fine which is a huge relief because my over imaginative mind always thinks that something terrible has happened when I hear things like that
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:34 PM   #43  
It is what it is...

Hi everyone, hope you all are having a great weekend, I just stopped in to say a quick hello through my otherwise busy weekend...I had a 3 point day yesterday, and well on my way to another today...got a cook out with friends tonight but I should be fine, I always bring my own food....

MsCat - Happy belated birthday and have a good time this weekend!!

Amanda - good attitude, I can feel that you are going to do it this time!!!

Faye - I would be lying if I said I thought I could get all 4 pointers next week, but I will try to have at least 4 and for me, you know that is a big goal, ha ha

Hope everyone has a great weekend, check in Monday....
Old 08-22-2004, 07:51 AM   #44  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is:

WE ALL TALK ABOUT FOODS WE LOVE BUT WHAT FOOD DO YOU REALLY HATE AND WON'T EAT?

Carri

Yesterday was a lay about. I took a day off from the pool too. I talked on the phone to my dsis in CA and my son and found out my son's home caught fire and did $20,000 damage. He doesn't live in it, he moved into his wife's home when they married and was renting his home to two friends who luckily got out ok. Some kind of wiring problem. On top of that, one of these friends, who was his best man at his wedding, two days after the fire was working out and broke his shoulder in 3 places so they have this poor man in their home nursing him back to health too.

Ok, food I hate, Ummmmmmm asparagus, eggplant, and any type of squash as far as veggies and lamb, organ meats when it comes to meat. I also don't like the taste of pepper so I never add it to foods, hate milk and have since I was a kid.

Everyone have a great Sunday.

Faye
Old 08-22-2004, 11:23 AM   #45  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi there!

Well I got 2 points on Friday (exercise + water)and 1 point yesterday (water) - I ended up going about 250 over my calorie allowance on both days, but I know why and I am addressing it straight away so I am not too worried. Basically, I made the mistake of buying full fat cheese (it was cheaper than the half fat one!) - but Even though I didn't go overboard with it, it really pushed my calories up. Well it's gone now and I won't make that mistake again!

I'm still feeling really positive and focused, but I'm a little worried because my PMS is due in the next week - this will be a real test, but I am determined to stay on plan this time. Time after time I let PMS get the better of me and I ruin all my hard work for the rest of the month - so it is a problem that I really need to sort out once and for all! I'm going to work on that cast iron discipline that I had when I gave up smoking - even though my whole body was craving a cigarette, I never gave in because i didn't want to ruin all my hard work. Nigel says that if I get through one PMS without breaking my diet, then it will become easier each month, and I tend to agree with him. Anyway, I'll let you know how i go!

HORRIBLE FOODS - celery, olives, all meat and fish (been a vegetarian for 17 years), aubergines (eggplants), cabbage, stilton cheese, dried fruit,savoury meals with pineapple, coconut or apple in them e.g Thai curries (but I like pineapple, coconut and apple on their own!)

Sorry to hear about your son's house Faye - glad no one was hurt.

I also don't think I'll be able to exercise for 7 days in a row - however I will commit to seven 3 point days and four 4 point days. Is it starting tomorrow?

Enjoy your Sunday

Love Amanda x