Old 08-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Stay At Home Moms #231

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Penny thanks for starting the new thread! How are you this evening?

Michelle, thanks for the cute doll!! My hair is super straight though... I wish I looked as good as her! LOL. How do I add that to my siggy?? 104 degrees!! That is so high. What are you giving her to bring it down? Have you tried a luke warm bath?? What I do with mine when their fevers get too high is start a warm bath and let them play and as the water naturally cools down it cools them down too and they love water so they never mind it. Make sure she isn't dressed too hot... don't put thick blankets on her. I do hope it breaks soon. 104 would scare me really bad. Hang in there!

Well... 30 more min and dinner will be ready. I'm starving! What is everyone else having tonight?

TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:52 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Ladies.....

Bout time for me a good post

Spryng,
I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time with your "family" I know you must be having a blast That is too funny about the karoke....

Michelle,
Yeah I resized it with photobucket. Thanks so much for making these! They are too cute. You know mine looks exactly like me! except my eyes are green and oh yeah I weigh about 100 pounds more.... lol I am sooo sorry Taylor is not doing any better. That really upsets me. Is she acting still acting ok? I will put her in my prayers for a fast recovery

Leigh,
Are you back on track girlie??? You better be! You have worked too hard! Have you gotten any scrapping done?

Mel,
Well congrats on staying on plan! WOOO HOOO! I thought you were supposed to call me today?

Geri,
Where are you woman? How are the boys doing? Hope mil is feeling better. Poor thing!

Di,
How is Ethan and Nathan doing? Are you doing ok on plan???

Ricci,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great day

Cindi,
How are the kids doing in school so far? Are you enjoying your summer vacation???

Crystal,
Hope you destressed and are feeling a little better.

Jaymi,
Hope your day has gotten better. I like your little girl that Michelle made for you. It is too cute!

Angel,
What's this about the water park??? I wanna come!!!! Hope you have a great time !!!!

Kristen,
I am gonna head to the site and check out your beautiful mug

Jill,
It was great talking to you last night! You are such a sweetie! Yeah the virual infection causing some kind of rash that he has but the dr. said he is fine. I told him this is why I stay home and why I nursed him for a year!!!!!

Melinda,
I really miss you! Where are you at???

Jackie,
Hope you are checking in

Ok yesterday's question:
I love taking the kids to the park in the fall. They have a blast

Ok todays question:
I have always lived here in Louisiana so this is my fav!

Ok I hope I got everyone... If not HOLLER AT ME!
Old 08-02-2004, 06:54 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Oh sorry Spryng you snuck in on me. Took me 20 minutes to post..... LOL

Let me know how dinner comes out. We are having steak but not sure what else..

Have a great night!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:07 PM   #5  

Michelle, thanks for the little paper doll, how do I get it in my sig? I know you told someone else already, but I can't find it in the post.

thanks.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:26 PM   #6  

Hey ladies!
So long, no post! I have been lurking off and on, but just couldn't bring myself to post, because I felt like such a downer.

I've been on and off plan, nothing too bad, but not doing well. I think I'm a little depressed or something.

The boys are ok, the start of my little breakdown was shortly after their birthday party. Logan was kind of off doing his own thing during the whole party and not really interacting with the group. That is sometimes how he is normally, but coupled with the large number of people at his party that he hardly knows, I wasn't surprised. My brother took that opportunity to ask if Logan was Autistic. I was pretty floored that he would say that and a little hurt and angry too.

My sister, Lisa has an Autistic son named Kobe, who is 7 years old and she also used to work with developmentally disabled kids. I had been staying with her the entire week and asked what she thought of Logan's social skills, she kept saying she didn't really see it, that he just seemed to be more independant. So I kind of pushed it out of my mind. Then, about a week later, talking to Lisa on the phone she mentions that Logan Does in fact have a lot of quirks, like Kobe did at his age, but she didn't want to tell me during their birthday celebration. Again, I'm just floored and in tears after this exchange.

So I've just been having kind of a "freak-out" pity party for myself, trying to figure out what to do. It doesn't help that at 2 years old, they hardly say words at all and are both pretty far behind in terms of communication. They don't even say momma.

I've since made some phone calls. After many brick walls, I've found a place that will test their hearing this week. And after about a hundred phone calls, I've discovered that the school system will evaluate them at home, for free to see if they qualify for speech therapy. If there is anything else going on with them, the evaluation will pick that up too. hopefully there isn't anything else to pick up, if you know what I mean.

I feel that on some level i'm failing them as a mommy. I'm torn between being laid back and saying "they'll talk when they are darned good and ready!" from trying to be constructive and help them out however I can.

Anywho, that's where I'm at and that's why I've been so distant. Logan is definately kind of 'quirky' but I'm not convinced it's autism, so I don't want to overreact, but I don't want to live with my head in the sand either.

I hope you all are doing much better than I am lately, especially with food and exercise! LOL

hugs to you all,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:32 PM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls, just got back from being in town. We got a new dollar tree near my house (for those of you that don't know, everything in the store is $1!) I was reluctant to go in because the other two we have around here are pretty dirty and not a lot of merchandise but there were tons of cool things in this one and since it is brand new it was really clean and nice. Anyway I also had to get a new car seat for my daughter since she is now 20 pounds so 70 dollars later here I am! Can't write too much right now because we are getting a thunder and lightning storm and I don't want it to fry my computer.
Spryng we are having left over meat loaf and salad, since you asked And we live in Eagle Point which is a couple hours from K-Falls but our news is linked with theirs so we are still pretty close. So cool that you have relatives there!

Michelle, evryones dolls are sooooo cute, we should print them out and put them on our fridge so that they are our diet inspiration! I hope Taylor gets to feeling better, fevers are scary.

Ok enough for now. I'll write again later. Have a good dinner everyone! See ya soon.
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!!
Dinner was great! Dh raved about it. It was Green Chile Chicken Casserole and if anyone would like the recipe I'll post it for ya. The kids ate it really well too.
So after dinner dh talked me into doing some karaoke with him, lol.. that was fun then we played some swingers gold on the game cube. We got addicted to that last week. So now I am winding down for bed. It's been a great day.

Jill, I love dollar trees! I like taking the kids and letting them pick one thing out, anything they want since everything is 1 buck. They feel like they are sooo special! Hope that storm passes soon!

Di, I am so sorry about your current struggle. Have you done any research on the internet about autism? I don't know much about the condition myself. But I do know some kids like to be by themselves and some talk much later than others. My nephew didn't ever talk until he was almost 3. Now you can't shut him up, lol. What does your pediatrician think? Hang in there! I hope you get some good news soon. You are a great mother and no one can take that away from you. Please feel free to email me or even call me if you like if you want to talk. I'll pm you my number. I'm here for you!

Well, I need to get the kids dressed for bed. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Spryng I would love that recipe. It sounds so good! Is it a WW recipe or just something you found?

So is anyone going to be on this thing tonight to chat? Just wondering. Storm seems to be passing but I need to feed my family. TTYL!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hey ladies!

First off Di, my prayers are with you!! Be strong and know that we are here for you! Hang in there and know that no matter what you are a GREAT Mommy!! Love to you and yours hun!

Ok now to everyone who asked how to put the siggy in their signature, I keep my images on a free image server called photobucket.com and it gives you the image tag that you need to copy and paste into your signature it will look something like this without the spaces [img] url in here.... [/img] and the image will show up in the post/signature HTH!

Taylor is a little bit cooler tonight I'm not going to take her temp cuz shes sleeping and I don't want to disturb her. Hopefully it will break tonight. Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes

Geri thanks so much for the note girly!! You are great!!

Penny thanks for calling and checking up on me I enjoyed our chat, as always

Ok I'm going to play with paint shop some more lol I'm addicted to making graphics now lol. I'm just going to use you guys as my guinea pigs lol
Love to all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Ohhhh spryng It is so great to have you back and I'm happy you had a great time with DH!!! We really did miss you!!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:44 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Hello all,

Ricci! HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Spryng, WELCOME BACK So glad you had a good trip...and you know we missed you something awful Sorry about the cyst Glad it passed and you got to have some fun.

Michelle, how are the girls doing??? Where's MY doll? It's all about me you know !

Leigh...how do I get back OP? When you figure it out you let me know . I did manage to maintain but geez I've been pretty much doing that for a couple of weeks now. I could be down another 10 lbs or so if I would knock it off!

Di I would freak out too. I agree with Spryng about checking with the boys ped. He/she should know the signs and with the boys being twins (were they premies..can't seem to remember?) they could just be speaking their own language like you said. Will's 3 and most of the time he'll play by himself and not with the other kids...depends on how well he know's them. He just plays well by himself. Hope you get some answers soon! Stay with us OK?

It took so long to read all the posts that I'm too tired to write a long one so hello to everyone else!

MIL is on some major drugs I guess for her back spasms. She was pretty loopy when I spoke to her earlier. Poor dear is 76 yo and everything's starting to give her trouble. Just had hip replacement, has some type of laceration on her eye so one of her eyes is sewed shut so that it'll heal and now she fell and hurt her back. When we met she was always on the go somewhere. Aging stinks! Anyway...have a great night...hope all the sickies are getting better quickly! Love you all!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

QOTD...always lived in WI. Love it here because it's the first place Dh and I picked out together!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:46 AM   #14  

Default Qotd

Good Morning Ladies!! THanks again Michelle for the Siggy!

Di, thinkin' about you and I understand your concern. Keep us posted. We are here to support you.

I guess I'm first this morning so hhhmmmmm bigQOTD: What is your favorite Junk food? And your Favorite Healthy Food?

I hope all of you are well this morning. I have to get my Walk off the pounds video in and shower and get the kids out the door by 9:40. I don't know if anyone knows about this site already, but it shows you good deals. It can teach you how to rebate and all. I used to be a member, but now I just look to see the good deals posted. IT's www.refundcents.com

Check back later.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:31 AM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Hi all. First of all,
QOFD: fav. junk food would be candy, chocolatey, candy bars. I don't eat them very often because I don't buy them because I would eat them. Fav. healthy foods, I've gotten addicted to caesar salads, I love baby carrots, raw.

Michelle, thanks for the siggy, when you do it. I'm a brunette. I've got my hair ultra short. I'm sure you've tried this but when Alisa's fever had gotten so high, we'd put her in the lukewarm bath and give her popsicles and ice chips and keep a cool cloth on her. I'm sure you know that, but just a thought.

Spryng, my afghan is like an olive green and it's called Light & Lacy Afghan. It will have fringe on it when I'm done. About my hands, because of the carpel tunnel syndrome, after about 10 minutes or more solid of crocheting, they go to sleep. See with this my hands always go to sleep, when I'm driving, on the phone, almost any time, so I do have to take breaks. But it's still fun. I had a doc. appt. last week and everything was good. The sono made the baby look like a fish to me. I go back Aug. 24 and he said I'll be almost 1/2 way thru this pregnancy, YEAH!!! And I have really really strong vibes it's a girl. I'm almost positive to the point that I call Andrew my only boy and I told him he'll be my only boy but my baby.

Leigh, the day got better yesterday I guess. I never got in a nap but Andrew got in a better mood. He did puke last night from his milk mixing with his congestion. But he slept somewhat better too. Were you OP yesterday???

Hi to everyone else, Geri, Melinda, Kristin, Jill, Ginny, Di, Cindi, Cheri and anyone I missed.

Well, Andrew climed out of his baby bed yesterday. Two times. Yesterday morning and last night. I'm gonna be looking for a twin bed today. I don't have the room for one and I'm not ready to put him in a big boy bed, but I don't want to take the chance of him hurting himself. Just one wrong fall and he could break his arm or bruise his noggin or something. He's the only that has ever climbed out of it.Yesterday I decided to start school early, Aug. 23rd and start on a year round school year. It'll be like on 6 weeks off 2 weeks and on and on. Now because I'll be having the baby next year, I've had to work with that time as a break and take a 3 week break instead of 2 week. But after that, we'll be steady on a 6 week/2 week plan. We'll get 3 weeks in the summer before starting the next school year Aug. 8th next year. I'm really excited about this and I think it's a great idea. So I've got to get busy and order the rest of Alisa's school books from Abeka.

I think I'm gonna stay home today because Andrew is still coughing and really stuffy. I got laundry detergent yesterday which I had been out of, so I'm gonna get caught up on laundry.
I'll check in later, TTYL. Hope you all have a great day.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote