3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Stay At Home Mom's #229!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/44258-stay-home-moms-229-a.html)

watkinsguru 07-30-2004 07:39 PM

Stay At Home Mom's #229!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

watkinsguru 07-30-2004 07:48 PM

Good Afternoon or at least Afternoon

Hi all.
I'm eating some dinner and going to vent. First of all, however,

Jaymi, must you change the bed of your 20 month old? I changed my first one too early at 18 months and my second was over 2 years and I still wasn't ready but I had to have the bed for my son. I suggest to keep her in it until she absolutely can't stay in there. I didn't ask, is she climing out? That could change everything. If that's the case, I feel toddler beds are a waste of time and money. I would just prefer to put them into a real twin bed.

Hi to everyone else. Hope your Friday's are doing good. I'm gonna sit back and crochet shorthly.

But first, dh and I had a huge fight. Ally, my 3 yo was outside and started crying she was standing in ants. He hollered at her to get out of them and called her a dummy for not doing it. I said she's 3, she doesn't understand to wipe them off and move. It got bigger and bigger. I had to step up when he called her dummy and then I became the dummy and a b**ch and I should get the f**k out of here and so on and so on. So how it went from him calling her names to me being this and that and so on I don't know. I'm not apologizing. He was suppose to watch the kids tomorrow for me to go to the eye doc and get my haircut but he cancelled that on me. So I'm upset but I'm not, does that make since? I mean I'm upset about the fight but I don't think I did anything wrong. Of course I'm gonna step in when he calls my kids names. We've talked about this before and he knows that I hate that big time.
Anyways, that was just a vent. I'm gonna clean the kitchen and do some laundry then crochet. He's gone so it's nice and quiet around here.
TTYL

mompen 07-30-2004 08:59 PM

Hi Ladies!

Crystal,
Sorry you and dh had a spat. That is horrible to call the kids names. I know it hurts your feelings just as bad as hers. I don't think it is your fault but I am not one to step in. Don't work yourself up over him... it's not good for the baby :(

How is everyone doing tonight?

I will chat if anyone else is up for it??? Just gotta do my part first....lol How horrible is that.....lol

MichelleRae 07-30-2004 09:11 PM

Penny you crack my *** up, I'm heading to chat now :)

Crystal so sorry you had an argument with DH. I hope you guys will be able to talk it out.

hope you all had a great day!!
Michelle

Bayleysmom 07-30-2004 09:51 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and say hi. Crystal so sorry about the fight. I hate it when dh and I fight. It really sucks!

Well I have to go to my sisters party so I will be on later tonight. Hope you all are still chatting and such. Have a great night if I don't talk to you guys.

MichelleRae 07-30-2004 10:32 PM

hey girls we are at the yahoo chat people are having a hard time getting in to the msn group so go here :) http://health.*************.com/group/LosingSAHMs/

need2losemore 07-30-2004 10:39 PM

I can't chat at yahoo, i can IM, but can't chat. My user ID is ricci_alcorn for yahoo. I will chat with you all later.

MichelleRae 07-30-2004 11:05 PM

ricci meet us at msn again thse chats are buggy!!

mompen 07-31-2004 12:37 AM

Have a great night ladies!

Great chatting with you all!

Bayleysmom 07-31-2004 02:25 AM

Hey girls! I was so disappointed that you all had gone to bed before I could chat with you but I guess that's how it goes when you are in different time zones!! LOL

Michelle I had so much fun chatting with you last night. Hope we can do it again!

Talk to you girls in the morning!

Bayleysmom 07-31-2004 02:31 AM

whoops I mean I had fun chatting with you TONIGHT. I guess I am tired, better get to bed!

Loveliam 07-31-2004 08:56 AM

Good morning! Looks like I'm first to post :) Had fun last night - used my flexpoints on Mexican food and ice cream, so it's OP the rest of the weekend for me! Also, it would be good if I could get some exercise in. DH and I are going to clean out the guest room so it's further ready for the new furniture and stuff.

About the stroller- I only get to review and keep one item from the store - otherwise they'd lose money I guess :lol: I just kind of lucked into the review - I was interested in the stroller and asked the store owner some questions about it, then she suggested I review it when it arrived. I'm excited though because I love product reviews.

Cindi- :lol: yes, I could think of a few opther products I'd love to review/keep!

Cindi and Jill- it's good that you're partners now :)

Cheri- yeah, we also wanted a lightweight, but a "luxury" umbrella because I still wanted a basket and canopy. This one is 9lbs - whoohoo!! Isn't it odd how into baby products we become?

Kristin- did you break up the fight with the kiddies??

Penny- hope your head is all better today! About the scrap space . . . it would be great if I actually used it! Maybe I can loan it to you until I figure that one out :lol: Have fun with the relatives.

Crystal- I'm with you! Calling the toddler names is no good! I think he'll eventually realize and apologize.

Michelle- hi :D anything new with you?

Hi, Ricci!

QOTD What has been your greatest opportunity?

My answer: Two things for me - 1. College. I don't believe college is for everyone or that everyone needs to go, but for me undergrad school was an incredible opportunity and allowed me to see myself in ways I never dreamed. It gave me a lot of confidence in myself. 2. My marriage. Since my parents had such a bad marriage, I really didn't have major role models for a good marriage. But DH and I really cherish our union and we almost always remember that from the time we took those vows, we became a team, not individuals. Sometimes I'm really surprised at how wonderful marriage can be, because I never really knew that/believed that about it growing up.
Okay, enough rambling! TTYL :D

mompen 07-31-2004 09:06 AM

Hi Everyone!

I have a big day today. I have to go clean the church this morning, then Hunter has his Karate Belt test and then we are leaving to go out of town until tomorrow.

Angel,
Hope your tooth is feeling better!

Michelle,
It was great talking to you last night! I just luv ya! Let me know how everything goes w/ the phet. Have a great weekend!

Cindi,
You just crack me up! You are just too funny! It was great chatting with you!

Jill,
I am sorry I missed you! I crashed!

Geri,
Where were you yesterday? Hope you are having a good day!

Crystal,
Hope your day is better today :) Don't let him get to you!

Spryng,
Hope you are getting a great tan!

Ricci,
Sorry we missed you in chat last night! How is ww going? Sounds like it is going good with your loss last week :cheer:

Kristen,
Nice talking to you last night! Hopefully we can chat longer next time!

Melinda,
Hope you are around here girly! I miss you!

Jackie,
Hope you get back here soon :)

Leigh,
Do you have yahoo im or msn? Let me know!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Hope I didn't forget anyone? I think that they have internet connection where we are going so I might be able to check in.

HUGS TO YOU ALL!

My greatest opportunity:
I think my greatest opportunity was when I was able to stay home with my children. It really changed our relationship!

Loveliam 07-31-2004 09:25 AM

Penny- I am not sure if I have either IM- but I could probably easily sign up/download one or the other. My computer comes with AIM installed. I think that's what it's called- right? It's the AOL one I think. Were you always home with the children, or did you work at first and then decide to stay home? The way you answered made me curious :D Just let me know if I'm prying too much, though!

Scrapbookers- QVC has a bunch of scrapbooking products and kits on today if you are interested.

mompen 07-31-2004 09:45 AM

My mom and dad owned their own business where I worked for 6 years. I had Hunter and Nicholas while I was working there and they both came with me to work. Well then they decided to sell the store. I stayed home for a couple months but the money wasn't right at the time. So I worked for a year. The kids went to daycare for three days a week and my mother in law watched them two days a week. I started staying home again when I was in my pregnancy with Andrew. So I have been home probably over a year and a half now.

Sorry to rattle ........ :)