3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weekley Chat - July 5 to July 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/43020-weekley-chat-july-5-july-11-a.html)

sweet tooth 07-05-2004 11:06 AM

Weekley Chat - July 5 to July 11

Miss BIG BRAT reporting for duty. Guess what....I get to start another weekly thread.

Hope everyone is well this week and you didn't overindulge yesterday during the festivities. I was very good...but then, it wasn't a holiday here in Canada. :D

Had to take our puppy to the vet this past weekend - abscessed anal glands. Poor little thing has been confined to one part of the house. The big eyes break my heart because you know that she thinks she has been bad. Hopefully the problem will be healed by the end of the week and then I will need to disinfect the area.

I made some dessert recipes from SBD. The brownies off the site here are really quite good. Not quite like the real thing, but close enough and tastie enough to be a treat. I also made the cheesecake for a birthday party at work - 4 of us are doing SBD here, including the birthday girl. I don't like bringing new recipes to try at a public function, but since so many are on SBD already, I'm sure they will understand if it is a flop. I guess I need to fall back on the premise that it's the thought that counts.

Counting down the days to vacation. 12 more get-ups. I always count the get-ups because they are the hardest for me. I don't mind the sleeps :lol:

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.

aivlys 07-07-2004 12:55 AM

Hello Ladies! :wave:

Posting a quick Hello. I'm trying very hard not to be an emotional eater but it's getting difficult. Not only is Nico teething, he also has a cold. All he wants to do is be held my his Mama. I can't really do anything but hold him. Tomorrow is my birthday but instead of celebrating, we are going to be sad. We think our dog had a stroke (he can't stand up and won't eat) and is suffering. We are going to put him to sleep. Zeuss is such a good dog...he still tries to wag his tail but he is just suffering. It's the humane thing to do. So, I'm upset over that. I should have never bought that half gallon of ice cream. Nothing like eating ice cream when you are upset. I have to get back on the SBD wagon.

Peggy- You are a quick one aren't you? BRAT! :D Sorry to hear about your puppy. I hope she feels better soon. Thanks for the brownie review, I think I'll try it.

CJ- I know you are out there! You are probably sitting in your hot tub sipping a mai tai while your husband fans you! I hope to hear from you soon!

Well all you lovely lurkers, stop by and say hello!

Good Night ladies!

Sylvia
Well ladies

sweet tooth 07-07-2004 06:41 PM

Just checking in for today. Good to hear from you Sylvia. Hope baby gets through the teething and flu. Just breaks your heart to see one of the kids hurting and not being able to tell you...and you not being able to kiss away the hurts. Hope everything goes well.

I'm getting into a big fund here. I have gone 3 days, stayed OP for the entire time and haven't lost a thing. I am trying to convince myself that I am exercising more and converting the fat to muscle, but I think even that is a stretch. I'll keep going, though.

Gotta buzz off tonight. Have a nail appointment and DH is just about ready to pick me up from work. Talk to all tomorrow.

CJ 07-07-2004 09:19 PM

Good evening! Here I am! Just got out of my hot tub and am ready to go to bed early tonite ... had quite a busy busy weekend! Had a lot of company/family here and we were on the go a lot! Also, were without phone service/dial-up also and cell phone service for a day! Some contractor in Roscommon cut some MAJOR phone lines so there was a lot of cities around here without service!

Slyvia: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE! Hope you had a good day in spite of the fact you had to have your sweet dog put down ... I know how hard it is to have a beloved pet put to sleep .. even tho it's for the best, it is still so very hard. I hope Nico is feeling better soon too! Don't fret .. you'll get yourself back on the SB again.

Peggy: Don't get in a funk ... you'll drop some lbs soon .. are you drinking your water??? Hope your puppy is better. Oh yes, BRAT BRAT BRAT!! lol

Well ... talk to ya all tomorrow ..

PS: SHARON - if you're "lurking" I really really miss you! Talk to you soon!

Love, CJ

sweet tooth 07-08-2004 11:53 AM

Happy Birthday, Sylvia. Bitter sweet greetings, but hope that your birthday celebrations were super. I feel for you with your dog...we have had to go through the same thing with animals and it is never easy. They are a part of your family and there is nothing more to say when you lose a family member.

I have been in a funk this week. No weight loss - AGAIN. I have been very good. I have been eating totally OP and only adding 1 fruit one day, 1 starch on alternating days. That was the change that I made for Phase 2. It has brought the weight loss to a complete standstill. I weight in on Friday, and have decided to go back to Phase 1 for a week before we go on holidays. I am certainly hoping that it will kickstart the weight loss once again. I seem to have stalled since I wasn't able to eat for a couple of weeks.

Well, today you can knock me over with a feather. I had a nail appointment last night, and as I was walking out of the door, DH asked me to pick up some ju jubes while I was out. He said that he and Ms Poopy Bum were going to camp out for the night in the family room. She has been banned from the living areas of the house until her 'problem' is under control.

Now you have to understand this man of mine - he didn't grow up with pets or animals, and has basically tolerated the pets that we had while out kids were growing up. When all the kids moved out, he said that he was not going to have another animal in the house - ever. I pestered him for a puppy to keep me company because he travels and is often away for a month or two at a time. He finally conceded, but made sure that I understood the animal is mine. He called the breeder, and pestered the poor man until the puppies were born. We went to see the puppies when they were 5 days old - this involves driving 2 hours each way to the kennels where she was born. Every Friday night from then until we brought her home, he insisted that we go to visit. The first weekend that we had her, we went to visit our daughter and grandkids. Halfway through the weekend, my daughter took me aside and asked me what on earth was wrong with dad. She had never seen him devote so much time to one of the animals....

When I came home from my appointment last night, the 'camping out' tent that we have for the grandkids was set up in the family room, all the blankets were arranged inside, a tv for entertainment and some snacks. They were just waiting for their ju jubes. He slept in the family room in the tent with the dogs. Oh my goodness...

One of our sons was leaving for work at 9:30 last night, and I could see him walking out to his car shaking his head. He probably still hasn't gotten over that one yet. Anyway, it was a nice treat for the puppy.

Got to get to work...well maybe not work. It's coffee time. :coffee2:

sweet tooth 07-09-2004 01:10 PM

:?: :?: :?: Today I'm really discouraged and disappointed. I have been to the track everyday this week and followed SBD to the T. I did lose 2 pounds at the beginning of the week, but stayed the same for the remainder. Until today - official weigh-in day. I gained 1 of the 2 lbs. lost. However, it is that TOM so probably the reason for the weight gain overnight.

I will wait until next week to make a definitive decision. I was just sooo hoping to be into my tankini in time for holidays on July 17. Now I just can't plan anything definite for the week away. Oh well, better to be this week than holiday week, I guess. ;)

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend and don't work too hard.