3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozie's....(#96) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/42778-home-loozing-floozies-96-a.html)

Sherry 06-30-2004 10:10 AM

Home of the Loozing Floozie's....(#96)

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomefriends

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/flower

bootwoman 06-30-2004 01:32 PM

I'M BUSIER TODAY THAN A ONE-ARMED PAPER HANGER!!!!!

Just wanted to quickly drop in a share some good news for a change.....
First of all, I GOT A RAISE!!!! YIPEE

And second, but best of all.......
DAN IS COMING HOME NEXT WEEK!!!!! It is only for a 2 week leave, but I think it will be wonderful for his morale and I can get my hands on him and really know that he is okay!

Wish I could post more, but I think we've finally found a the body of the missing person we've been searching for the last 5 months. Gotta run now. Hope you all have a good day!

Sherry 06-30-2004 01:37 PM

Ramona,
What WONDERFUL news on both counts!!!!!!!! :cp: I'm soooooo happy for you!!!! I know you can't wait to get your arms around Dan!!!

May only goods things happen from here on out .....:)

Love Ya!

gdeann 06-30-2004 01:56 PM

I'm so happy for you Ramona! I bet Dan is so excited to get back home! I'm sorry it will only be for two weeks though...I was hoping you were going to say he was finished up over there.

ShelleyM 06-30-2004 03:20 PM

Ramona-Congratulations on the raise, and thank goodness you will be having Dan with you, if only for 2 weeks. I, too was hoping that he was coming home for good!

Jennelle 06-30-2004 03:57 PM

Yay! Ramona! :D

Deelite 06-30-2004 04:18 PM

Ramona I am happy that you will get to share some time with Dan. The time will be very special. Congratulations on the raise.

Shelley I was going to suggest that you do the same thing that Gayle told you to do. Test it out and see if you like it. Then go for it girl.

Grad was beautiful. Dez had a good time. She looked like a movie star. I will try to post some pics. I am slow with that because I don't have a scanner and my pc is getting old so I can only down load at Larry's work.

My test today was very tiring and yucky. It was a 2 hour test. They had me follow red lines with out blinking while wearing a black mask like you swim with a camera in one eye. You were not allowed to blink and then they shut off the other eye and you had to remain focused where the red dot was. The they flushed hot water in your ear for 40 seconds with the mask blacking out both eyes. You needed to stay still and keep your eyes focused in the center. They did this test to both ears 3 times with the water getting colder each time. It made me very nauseated and dizzy. At one point I panicked because it felt like I was going to drown. It was just so dark and I couldn't move. After the test she said that I wouldn't get any dizzier or more nauseated than I was. I tell you by the time I got home I was so sick. I had to go straight to bed. I slept very still for 3 hours. I am up and around again but still not feeling that great. I don't think that I will be able to eat anything today. I am drinking water though.
Now tomorrow is another big day. I will have to get up early as it is a 2 hour drive and I have to be there by 8:30 I think. Hopefully this test will do the trick and I will find out some news. Oh yeah I got a phone call from the clinic yesterday saying that I needed to bring my ct scan xrays. After many phone calls to track them down I found out that they lost them. The hospital had an original copy so they were able to make another for me. Thank goodness. I don't need any more delays.

I will post sometime friday or saturday.

Love you all.

ShelleyM 06-30-2004 06:24 PM

Dee-You poor baby! Sounds like you are going through he#$ right now. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck and let us know as soon as you find something out.

Carol101 06-30-2004 07:52 PM

Dee: Geez, what terrible testing today. I hope you feel better soon. Good Luck tomorrow.

Ramona: Hurray.... Dan's coming home!!! I joint the celebration with everyone else.. Wonderful, wonderful news... and the raise.. well it is just the icing on the cake!!!

Shelley: I have to agree with the others.. Trying practicing the windows.. I am sure you will do great!!

Sherry: All done moving and painting now!!! I hope!! I really like your "Welcome Friends" banner... looks good!!

Gayle: How is the new WOL coming along. This has been day 3 for me... I am doing great so far...

Everyone have a great night.

gdeann 06-30-2004 09:43 PM

I'm doing ok, Carol. Not staying 1oo% OP, but makng a concience effort.

I painted some in my bathroom yesterday creating a break away brick wall....it looks like a brick wall behind another solid wall, allo done with paint, the walls are actually sheetrock. I now need to paint some ivy poking out of it in places and I want to paint a potted topiary tree directly below the brick area. I'll post a pic when I'm finished. I mowed today just in the nick of time, it's been raining here every since! Are you guys familiar with Happy Bunny? He's a silly cartoon rabbit that makes up smart-*** comments. Liz just gave me a new mouse pad with Happy Bunny on it.
I also have a Happy Bunny pen, bracelet and other items. Happy Bunny says all of the things I would like too, but can't get away with!!!

bootwoman 06-30-2004 10:09 PM

Thanks everyone for sharing in my happy news!

Dee, that test today sounds positively dreadful!!! I feel so bad that you are having to go through all this. I pray that an answer will be found very, very soon.

Gayle, your painting sounds simply wonderful. Let me unveil my psychic powers....the Great Ramonaini predicts that someday we will be watching "Creative Artistry With Gayle" on television!

Shelley, I hope the back is better today. Sorry you have to go back to work so soon.

Carol, are you staying OP???

Sherry, are you ready for all of us to come and visit???

Cheryl, I hope you are feeling better tomorrow and things look up for you.

Debbie, Vicki, Jennelle, Doni, Wanda, and Tina.......love you all and wishing you a good night.

I just got home from work. I had to stay to see if the bones found today were from the missing person. It turns out they were dog bones! Now, back to square one. After that, I did a ridealong with one of the deputies. The first traffic stop was on a woman driving a 40,000 dollar truck, but she didn't bother to buckle in her 1 and 4 year old. He slapped a ticket on her so fast she didn't know what happend. I watched two other traffic stops and went to a domestic disturbance call and a suspicious person call. It was really interesting!

I think I'll climb into bed now. Good night to all my Floozie Friends!!!

gdeann 07-01-2004 11:34 PM

Dee, I hope the test went well today. Let us know something as soon as you can. God bless!

Jennelle 07-01-2004 11:42 PM

Okay, y'all - I have to brag on my son! He took the AP U.S. History exam in May. (If you don't know, AP classes are college courses that high schools offer, and you can take a national exam at the end of the year to earn actual college credit.) We got his test scores over the phone today and he scored a 4 out of 5! Now, we're talking a test with 85 multiple choice questions in 55 minutes, three essay questions, and a document-based essay question (where they give you stuff to read and you have to respond). He said it was the hardest test he had ever taken in his life and was sure he didn't do well. When I first told him his score, first he told me I was full of crap and then he said he was going to go dance naked in the streets! :lol:

His first choice college (Mizzou) will take it for 5 history credits. All his other choices (among them, Univ. of Tennessee and Chico State in CA) will take it for 6 history credits. So, for an $85 test he has just saved himself about $1200 in tuition.

ShelleyM 07-02-2004 05:19 AM

Jennelle-That's wonderful!! Tell your son that I am so proud of him.

Carol101 07-02-2004 09:12 AM

[COLOR=Indigo]Good Morning!!

Jennelle: Tell you son. WTG!!!! Congrats.

For the most part, I am still staying OP. Glad you are right there with me Gayle. We can do this!!

I have tons to do today. I took the day off work so I could get my house & lawn in order for a big barbeque tonight!! My family's 4th of July celebration!!! We will be able to see great fireworks from my backyard and the place that does them is doing them tonight, so I had to plan my party on the same day.

I will try to check back later.

You are your own worst critic, so be kind and do positive things for yourself![/COLOR]

Deelite 07-02-2004 02:50 PM

Jennelle that is great news, your son should make you proud. What a smart kid.

Gayle I can't wait to see your pictures of your new creation. You are so creative. It is good to know that you are trying to stay on program.

Carol keep up the good work. One day at a time or if it has to be one hour at a time.

Ramona your job sounds intresting. You are our Namcy Drew girl.

Sherry how are you doing? Are you enjoying your new home? I hope that you aren't working to hard. Take time to enjoy life.

Well the test was pretty freaky yesterday. If I didn't have faith in God there is no way that I could have made it. I sure prayed a lot. I am closterphobic (sp?) and it was like lieing down in a very tight dark tunnel. I had to wear protective ear gear because it was loud like a jack hammer. It took 25 minutes which seemed like forever in a small place. The report is being sent to my doctor today and we dropped off the xrays. I don't know when I will hear from him but I do know that he is behind on reading his reports. Larry and I looked at the xrays and we think that we could see where the disk was herniated. Hopefully the surgeon will be able to do something.

We will be driving out with some friends of ours to a beach town. We are going for a pickrel dinner. It is drizzling out so we won't be able to do the beach thing but we may walk around a bit. This is one of my favorite places to go.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

gdeann 07-02-2004 03:24 PM

Dee, have fun tonight and take it easy. I'm glad the testing is over, maybe now you can get results. My FIL said he will never, ever have another MRI unless it is an open one, which is really expensive.

Carol, you through me for a loop for a minute...I thought I was about ready to miss he 4th of July! Have fun!

Jennelle, great news!!!!! I bet he is thrilled!!!

Ramona, your job sounds so exciting!!!!

We are sticking close to home until the 4th, then we will be going to a cookout and watching the city fireworks. Steve works part-time at a liquor store and the owners invited us to a grilled steak dinner. They are also trying to break me into all the different varieties of wine...hmmm...I hope I'll be able to see the fireworks!

gdeann 07-02-2004 05:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a purse I painted today, Liz was tired of it, so I decided to give it a makeover!

Jennelle 07-02-2004 06:42 PM

Gayle - cute purse! And Dee, I'll bet you're glad you're on the way to figuring out what's wrong with you.

ShelleyM 07-02-2004 08:45 PM

Gayle-You are so talented. Why don't you put some of your pieces on ebay? I had 8 things close today, and sold all of them. Of course, I paid much more for everything than they sold for, but it was fun!

Sherry 07-03-2004 08:47 AM

Good Mornin' :wave:

I'm spending my day mowing & making a bunch bowl cake to take Debbie's tomorrow for her 4th of July swim party.

Dee,
I'm so happy that you've had the test done.Now the waiting is going to kill you.Hopefully you'll know something in a few days. I know what you're talking about with the MRI. Drew has to have one every 3 months because of his hip.Take care and post some pics of Dez soon. Love you! :angel:

Gayle,
You're so talented!! I love the purse! Every few days I look at your webpage to see if you have added anything.Shelley had a great idea of you selling some things on Ebay!

Shelley,
Did you get your house finished & put back together? Sounds like you're having good luck on Ebay!!

Carol,
WTG on staying OP!! How was the cook-out? Got any plans for tomorrow?

Jennelle,
I know you're so proud of your Son! Tell him WTG!! :cp:

OK....Where's everyone else?????? Come on & post!!!! :D

Have a great OP, 4th of July weekend!!! ;)

siamese 07-04-2004 04:36 AM

hello friends!
thanks for all the encouragement gals!
it realy helps,
im down anouther pound!
its seems to easy,lol!

carol,hows your fingers?
i seem to do that alot.

shelly ,at the other house we had french doors and we put up vinetion blinds.
im sorry to hear your still hurting.

sherry,wtg on the pounds lost and getting all moved in.
congrats!
you must be so exhausted.

ramona,hugs to you!
dan is coming home is such wonderful news,you realy need this rite now!
congrats on your raise!
i love hearing the stories bout your job!
super sluth!

dee,im so sorry you hafta go thru all of this stuff!
hugs!

jennelle,you must be so proud!
tell your son i said congrats!

gayle,the purses are so beautiful!
you have such great talent!

have a happy 4th of july be safe!
doni
275/247/246 mini goal

gdeann 07-05-2004 10:14 AM

Doni, congrats on the weight loss! Sounds like the plan for you! I hope you had a nice Fourth of July.

DebbieA 07-05-2004 11:47 AM

Hi Girls:wave:

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. The pool party turned out great here and I think everyone { around 40 people} had a good time. Even had spend the night company...LOL. It was sunny most of the day , with just a small shower then back in the pool. We had a big BBQ with all the fixings, lots and lots of food. Also lots of lounging around the pool and we all played water volleyball { to help work off the food} :lol:
I even had a SMALL slip up myself {With Sherry's "punch bowl cake} TO DIE FOR!!! Oh well...don't feel a bit guility this morning...It was worth it. :lol: After 4 months, I deserve a real dessert. Now it's back on track for me, going to get this last 25 pounds off!!!
My thoughts are with all of you this morning and hoping you and your families are happy and well.
Hugs...deb

gdeann 07-05-2004 03:23 PM

Debbie, it sounds like you guys had a blast! You are doing so well with he weight loss, I'm sre the cake didn't hurt. Hmmm...I want to hear more about this punch bowl cake? Never heard of it before.

ShelleyM 07-05-2004 03:32 PM

Me too. I want to know what it has in it. Maybe it could be made fat free.

DebbieA 07-05-2004 05:28 PM

Gayle and Shelley...
It was full of nuts, pineapple, cherries, whip cream, pudding, and I think a yellow cake. The best thang I've ever put in my mouth. :T Yummy!!!
The worse thing was {Do you know how big a PUNCH bowl is?} And it was full to the top and every bid eaten too. My spend the company finished it off around midnight last night. I'm glad it's gone!!! LOL

I'm sure Sherry can give you the recipe but I made her promise to never, never bring one to my house again...LOL.
:crazy: DEB :crazy:

Sherry 07-05-2004 06:09 PM

Hey Ya'll :wave:

Yep..Debbie was right...We had a great time at her party. We ate, played pool volleyball, ate, played horseshoes, ate and lounged around. :D

I hope everyone had fun & a relaxed day yesterday for the 4th. All of you that's off work TODAY...Hope you really enjoyed it! ;)

Here's the recipe that's soooooooo good!!!! Hey Shelley.... EVERYTHING I used was either FF or LF so really it wasn't that bad.

Bunch Bowl Cake :hun:

1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix (Mix By Directions & Bake)
2 Large Instant Vanilla Pudding (Mix By Directions)
2 Large Cool Whip
2 Cans Pineapple (Drained)
2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling
2 Cups Of Pecans
Small Bag Of Coconut

Use punch bowl or large bowl.Divide & crumble cake.First layer use 1/2 of all of the above.Then repeat layers.Refrigerate. Can be made the night before.(You can make a smaller portion using only 1/2 of above, using only 1 layer)

ShelleyM 07-06-2004 06:08 AM

OMG, Sherry that sounds wonderful! I will have to try it.

Gayle-I sent an email to a company that makes window clings, www.ergasplace.com. I want to see what they can do for me for the window clings on the doors. I just want some idea of how much it would cost if I had someone do it. I asked for some sort of vine and flower design that could go on 2 doors each with 10 panels on them. It looks like their clings run anywhere from $7.-10.00 each, so I'm thinking it would run somewhere around $200.00. If you would be interested in doing it, please let me know. Each of the glass squares measures 12" high x 13" wide, and there are 10 on each door. If you think that you can do it, let me know and I can email pictures of the doors and my decor. I would love to have you do it, if you can make the clings! I can send you all the stuff I bought so you wouldn't have to go out and buy much paint, just the clings. If you think that you could do it for $200.00 or under, let me know, and I'll also let you know what they come up with. I am going to work, so I won't be able to check my email to see if they send anything back to me until this afternoon. If you want to send me an email before later, my address at school is [email protected].

bootwoman 07-06-2004 11:01 AM

Hi everyone. It sounds like you all had a nice 4th and ate some really yummy food!

We went on a float trip with 2 of Rick's brothers and their families. We had a blast but, I am sooooo sore today! We had a lot of rain and the rapids were really rough. I was hanging on for dear life!!! When we got home we made chocolate chip cookies and played trivia until we about fell asleep.

On Saturday, Rick and I went to Lowe's to see about new carpet for our bedroom. By the end of the day, we had planned almost an entire home remodel! We are going to remove a wall between our bedroom and the formal living room, which we never use, and create a master suite. Then we are going to remove a wall in the kitchen to open everything up to the den for a great room. So, all of you people who have been working on your houses......help!!!

Hope you all have a great day......

Deelite 07-06-2004 12:55 PM

Wow Ramona that is some home removations that you are going to tackle. It will seem very spacious. I like the idea of a master bedroom suite. Just make sure that the walls you take down are not supposrting walls, or if they are that you support them properly with beams.

Gayle I would have never thought of painting the purse. It turned out beautifully and very unique. Purses with pictures or designs are really in right now.

Debbie the pool parties sound great. It has been a really cool summer here. We had one hot week. The forcast is looking better towards the end of the week, they are usually wrong but I hope this time they are accurate.

Sherry is the yard bigger in your home now than the one you had before? What do the boys think about you moving to your parents home? Thanks for the recipe. It isn't that bad when you add up the points if you use the low fat version of everything

Doni good going with the weightloss. You are doing well.

Shelley how is work going? Are you pleased with the changes you have made in the house? That would be great if Gayle could do something with the french doors for you.

Carol how are you doing? Are you on program?

I went to the doctors yesterday for the results on my MRI. I don't know when the surgeon will get back to me. He is only in the clinic one day a week. Anyways I have a herniated disk between the 4th and the 5th. It is pressing on nerve 5. From the 4th to the 11 vertibrea (sp? I can't spell today my brain is all fuzzy) there is something wrong. I can't remember but it wasn't that serious. They see some artheritis on my spine too. My doc said that it is up to the surgeon if he will operate but since it is getting worse as apposed to getting better it is likely that they will operate. The doc said that sometimes after the operation the scar tissure causes a lot of pain, so it is an important decision to make. I am still in a lot of pain in the morning and the evening despite all the meds. The doc increased one of my meds again yesterday. For someone that hates taking meds I am sure taking a lot. With the morphine increase a couple of weeks ago I have a very hard time to focus and to remember things, yes even how to spell! I still don't have my wheelchair even though they said that it was only a two week waiting period. It has been over 3 weeks and they said I would have a chair for sure by today. No word from them yet.

Well I just wanted to check in and let you know that I think of you girls often. Sure would be nice to get together this afternoon for drinks around the pool.

gdeann 07-06-2004 02:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ramona, good luck on the remodeling job! its alot of hard work, but you will enjoy the end result.

Shelley, let me do some checking...I will get back with you...let me know what the lady writes you back about the windows.

Sher, the cake sounds heavenly!!!!!

Dee, did you find ou anything?

Okay...here are some pics from one of my bathrooms. This is my first try at wall design, so let me know what you think...BE HONEST! The two garlands over the pictures are on two separate walls. The brick break away wall is on the opposite side, opposite the vanity, so0 when you look in the mirror, you see brick. I didn't have enough space to get it and the ficus tree together, so when you look at those two pics, imagine the tree off center to the faux brick area. I'm going for an English garden like decor and feel to the room.

gdeann 07-06-2004 02:27 PM

Dee, we posted at the same time. I hope they get everything straightened out, it has been way too long for you to be in this much discomfort!

Well shoot, for me to post the images, I had to reduce the size, you can't see the detail of vine coming up out of the brick etc.

Jennelle 07-06-2004 03:06 PM

Gayle, even little, they look lovely! :)

bootwoman 07-06-2004 04:04 PM

Gayle, you are such a wonderful artist! How do you come up with these ideas?

Dee, yes, it is a supporting wall. We will have to put in a header beam and then we are going to use two decorative columns for support. Now, about your back. I'm no doctor, but it seems all they are doing is trying to mask the pain without correcting the problem. When I herniated a disk, I went to the chiropractor and to physical therapy and didn't have to have surgery. I was down for about 6 weeks, but you've already been down a lot longer than that! I just worry about you so much!!!

ShelleyM 07-06-2004 04:32 PM

Gayle-It looks beautiful. The lady wrote me back and said that I might be better off with plastic inserts instead. That's too much trouble, as far as I'm concerned. She said the clings for that size would start at $10.00 each. I forwarded her email to you.

Deelite 07-06-2004 05:21 PM

Gayle your amazing! That looks wonderful. What does your family think? You did a wonderful job. I am pretty sure you posted how you did the brick wall. I want to go and see if I can find it. Looks better than I imagined!

Ramona I tried physio and it was making it worse. I am too scared to go to a chiro because my massage theripist, physio and my doc said that it could potentially make it worse. It is bad enough already that I don't want to do that. Yes I know that I am on to much meds but it is the only way that I can make it through the day for now.

Sherry 07-06-2004 10:24 PM

Gayle.....The bathroom looks so good!!!!! I wished you lived close to me!

siamese 07-07-2004 01:54 AM

hello gals!
gayle,your work is awesome!
i draw stick people.

dee, im sorry to hear bout your back.
your in my prayers.

well we had a great 4th.
not as exciting as you guys but hey brian was home all weekend.
we had the haynes apperson festival downtown and rupert from survivor was in the parade got pics of him.

my neighbor and us set off our own little display of fireworks.
great time here.
on a sour note...
remember last year we had some herrific storms and the neighbors tree came crashing down on her and brians car?
well tonite lightning hit that sucker and anouther chunk came tumbling down,missing our cars by inches.
its 1 in the morning and the city finaly cleared the tree it was across the street.
there is something bout the 4th and this tree 3 years in a row now .
hey im sharing a cool site here.
www.sparkpeople .com
got great tools and online menus and tons of stuff.
im on ediets and its 9.99 per month this place is 9.99 per yr and got more stuff.
its cool.
doni
275/247/246 mini goal

ShelleyM 07-07-2004 05:54 AM

Gayle-Your work is absolutely gorgeous! I envy your talent. You really should think about doing murals as a business. I think you would do wonderful by word of mouth. Even if you started out doing something as a donation for a school or some kind of public facility (like we have, except ours wasn't donated, but she already had her business) then you could start by word of mouth. Think about it, I believe you would do wonderful!

Ramona-Good luck on your remodeling! I can't give you any tips because I'm still working at it. I still haven't started the kitchen yet.