Old 07-02-2004, 07:47 PM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay At Home Moms #207!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #2  
Walking away the weight

I had to do it - the other thread was doing crazy things!

Angel - welcome! A bunch of us here (including me) are doing WW and I have heard of the Wende plan. How do you like it? Sounds like you're doing wonderfully with exercise. I'm Leigh, mother to an 8-month-old named Liam and wife to a wonderful DH for two years. Can't wait to get to know you - I hope you find us all the support you need - I couldn't do this without these wonderful women

Spryng - hi! I'm glad you found some new tapes to try. Maybe trying different tapes a lot will help keep you from getting bored with working out. Yes, that tread was very good. It did give me an attitude adjustment I'm freaked out by the idea of going to a psychic as well. We're definitely not trying right now, but who knows??? My mother did ask: "You are taking birth control, right?"

Ginny - yuck hope the family cheers up and quick! Otherwise, maybe you can suddenly have to run a very important errand and take yourself for a long walk alone!

Well, even though I've been making bad choices today, I still have 25 flexpoints left for the weekend. I'll do my very best to stay OP.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:32 PM   #3  

Hey everyone. Today was a tough day around here. I didn't plan on doing anything outside of the house today. It was sooo hot ...almost 90 here in NJ and I really needed to get chores done anyway. The kids, however were very active today and didn't allow me to do anything. I think all I did was empty the dishwasher and reload. I ended up showering at 2:30 and headed out about 3 with the kids. Days like this are the toughest with food. I just eat. I don't know how I'm ever going to get myself on track. I say to myself don't eat that as I'm putting into my mouth. I don't understand why I'm even doing it. It just makes me grumpy anyway.

Anyway, maybe joining this group will help some. Thanks to all.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #4  
2BoysMom

OK, I had to PRINT the last thread to try to keep up with all of you! STOP IT !! I didn't even get a post in.

OK, here goes:

Nikki, you have your winter when we have our summer right? I'll try not to tell you how nice it is here.

Jaymi, Hope you're feeling better and TOM goes away He stinks!

Cindi, hope Dh's burn heals up nicely. Hope that was also something not too common to happen! Did you get all of the potatos out of the garbage?? Christian is tooooo funny!

Michelle I hope you enjoy the comedy outing. Anytime you want to have margaritaville you let me know! I'm ready! I've had a few Baccardi & Diet Cokes this week...hey I saw a commercial or ad that said they were carb free! Are they listed on the SB???

Ginny, we have a separate veggie garden that has tomato, green bell peppers, peas, sugar snap peas, green and yellow beans, pickles, dill, onions, carrots and radishes (rads are gone already). Peas and beans are just starting to sprout. Can't wait to eat them. Congrats on your WI.

Leigh, congrats on the 1 lb down. Don't sweat not meeting your mini goal...sometimes it just works that way. The important goal is your long term goal anyway. Thanks for the jerk rub recipe. I'll give it a shot. Have you tried it on chicken or pork or fish at all? Just curious.

Crystal, I hope you get some rest this weekend. We're just taking the kids to the local parade, going out to dinner tomorrow for MILs birthday which is on the 4th and fireworks with Will. Otherwise just hanging around doing the neverending yardwork.

Spryng, congrats on the 2.5 lbs. That's SUPER! You go girl! Hope you enjoy the workouts.

Kristin, I want a laminate wood floor . We have white ceramic tile! Ugh! What were these people thinking? Maybe they didn't have kids .

Ricci, cosmo school sounds great. Wish I had the talent for something like that! The boys helped you clean??? I'm jealous

Di, the pee stick test dream would be a nightmare for me One margarita coming up! Strawberry, raspberry, or regular?? Oh, now I really am craving one. Big HUGS coming your way.!! Maybe you can have a beverage after the boys go to bed?? It may do you a world of good! Maybe I'll have one for you I have a few choice words for your family members! We all have bad days where we sometimes regret having our kids if only for a few minutes!

Cindi, congrats on the WI!! I have to start behaving so I can be in onederland with you!!!!! OOoooooooooo...I can't wait.

Ginny, I often want to strangle mine also...and they're only 3 and 1. So it doesn't get any better, hey?

OK, did my 3 mile walk today. Went to an AVON store in a nearby city and got some of that nail stuff Spryng told me about eons ago (on sale for $2.99 Spryng!) Just hung around and then had grilled Mahi Mahi and corn on the cob and a salad for dinner. That's about it for today.

Leigh..I meant to say that if it weren't for my Mom coming over almost every day I would truely be insane and never get anything done for myself. Sometimes she comes over early so I can get a workout in without the boys. I've told her many times that I want her to know that I KNOW I wouldn't get anything done without her...so don't feel bad.

Well, I'm going to go before I lose this post. Hi to everyone else out there. Have a wonderful evening!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #5  
2BoysMom

mel...stick with us! I have those days all the time!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:28 PM   #6  
Birth Junkie!

Default new here..

hi everyone!

My name is Tricia, and i am a SAHM to 4 children; my two boys are ages 15 1/2 yrs and 14 yrs; and my two girls are ages 12 yrs and 3 1/2 yrs. I love being a SAHM! I hurt my back a few years ago and was forced to slow down, so i quit my job and DH and i decided it would be better all the way around if i stayed at home. I'm glad that i did, especially since my oldest kids are teens! (gotta keep on my toes every minute! LOL) I do have my own business, i am a birth doula, but i don't have too many clients at a time.

anyway, over the last year i have lost about 30 pounds, but i still need to lose about 30 more. i'm so sick of diets though that i could scream! So right now i am just focusing on normal eating, smaller portions, (a little calorie counting by choosing good foods) and more exercise. DH and i have started going back to the gym for weightlifting and i'm loving it! I love the way it is changing the shape of my body in a good way. anyhow, didn't mean to ramble on! just wanted to pop in and say hello.
doulachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:06 PM   #7  
**Kristin**

man - I'm not even going to try and keep up!

Welcome to the other newbies! I am 2 days new myself and am already hooked! lol! This is just what I have been needing!

Spryng - I was totally serious! What exactly is "greens and beans" - it sounds really healthy, which me and my DH could definately use!

Tell me about Weight Watchers - is it expensive, I have wanted to try it, but don't like the whole weigh in at a group meeting thing - do they do that? I've never tried a points program, well come to think of it, I haven't really tried an dieting 'programs", just watching portions and calories, we see where that has taken me! sheesh!

Well ladies - I am off to spend some time "helping" with the new flooring (basically watch! lol! ) and put Sydney in the tub! Have a great night ladies and a nice and safe 4th as well, if I don't talk to you until then!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:37 PM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Hey Friends!

I went shopping and got me some clearance shirts and a pair of shorts...and they didn't come from the Plus Sizes!!! I am so excited I could run a marathon. The shorts are actually a large, but I am blessed a bit up top, so the shirts are all extra large and were 3.00 each!!

I think an exercise challenge will work...we must each commit to 15 minutes a day and anything above is an added bonus!!! I am starting tomorrow, is everyone else ready? If you commit, you better really do it, I am not going to go easy on any slackers without VERY good excuses...I MEAN REASONS!!! If you need a rest day, then that's fine. But I think I can still do 15 on a rest day...just a few more calories burned.

If you have a toddler...even just one, that's enough!! It's not a matter of how many kids you have to me, it's the age of the children that determine how difficult things are going to be!! I have had plenty and my little one is giving me a run for my money...all the experience in the world can't completely prepare you for YOUR unique individual toddler! Then again, some days it's my 5 yo and my 3yo that make me nuts, and other days it's those testosterone driven teens! Motherhood is so wonderful

Welcome to Tricia, Kristin, and Mel...did I forget anyone? This is an awesome group and we have lots of fun here. Stick with us(if you can keep up) and you will do well. You will certainly get a few laughs each day!!

Gotta go, just got a naked baby alert!! WE know what happens when his diaper comes off
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:55 PM   #9  

Hello to all the newbies!! Check in often so we can get to know each other faster. It takes some time, learning everyone's names and stories.

As far as kids go, they can simply be overwhelming, no matter how many I suppose. Right now though, with the twins it's really tough, because they are fighting non-stop and I can even take a p!ss without hearing them whine and scream. So right at this particular moment, I'm thinking it would be easier to have a singleton, but of course that will change if/when they start to entertain each other. I hope that happens! Ethan bit Logan on the cheek today, hard. It was so bad and swollen that I couldn't even tell it was a bite until about an hour later. Poor guy. They totally "tag" team me with the fits and crying, so there is never even any down time with total happiness in the house. If it's not one, it's the other, or worse yet both screaming at the same time. I hope I didn't offend anyone with the singleton comment, because that was not at all my intent at all, just trying to let you know where I'm coming from at the moment. Being a first time mom is difficult. It's a big adjustment in general and I think and it's hard to separate "mommy" from the woman/wife/friend at times. Know what I mean?

It's been so bad that I'm planning an escape for a long weekend with a sister. I'm going to meet her in Washington, she lives in a rural part and we are going to do some hikking. I need some down time. Just planning it is bringing my blood pressure down dramtically. as I'm looking forward to getting out in nature and some peace and quiet with no responsibilities.

Not so good on my food choices for lunch, but nothing outlandish. Cocktail in hand, decompression starting. I'm enjoying a "Mike's Light" only one point each. That could be dangerous!

Thank you ladies for all your support, I really do appreciate you all, you are great listeners and very understanding. I feel monsterous just being irritated with the boys, as they really are everything to me.

Geri, I'll have a Top Shelf margarita with lime flavored salt on the rim, if you don't mind!

night all!
-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:06 PM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking

HI Ladies,
Me and the kiddos just walked in the door from the fireworks celebration at church. It starts off our weekend festival.

BTW, Leigh, we are Catholic and the Blessed Mother Celebration comes from Sicily.

Ok Religion is one subject I don't stay on..... LOL

But I do have another pic from tonight!

OH NO MORE PICS FROM ME HUH? Just one more...... LOL

I promise to address everyone in the morning!

Love ya!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boysatchurchtree.jpg (47.2 KB, 43 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:15 AM   #11  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone!!

You all are killing me!!!!! !!! You are some fast moving SAHM's!!! I must be the only slow poke on here, because I am way way behind...I can't even print out the posts because my printer is out of ink...and we are broke!!! Man.... do you all change threads daily? Well just asking so I can make sure and check! I'm a slow poke! I came on earlier to post...and never got around to it..that's so pitiful! Well anyways I want you all to know I appreciate all the support I got from you! I hated to come here a newbie with negative posts!! But it seems to be how my days are going lately. Mostly because I'm so "menstral"! Today is gone....and I havent accomplished anything. Where is the time going?!?!? I stepped on the scale this morning and I was down 2 lbs! But I didnt exercise today so it will probably be back up tomorrow morning! I don't care though, just the fact that it was down for today was good enough for me! I did end up exercising my butt off for 53 minutes last night at 1 am! I am crazy I know!! But I ended up staying up until 4 again!!! That is why I'm not getting any exercises in. Sleeping until 8 doesnt work for me because my daughter pops up too. So anyways I wanted to put some pictures on here for you all but I need to go to bed for real! No journaling or anything else for me today. I had to make a special stop over here to let you all know that I'm going to try to participate as best that I can!! The rate I am going, it will take you all a while to get to know me....but I'm not a negative person 24/7....but this week....I"m !!! Well I gotta go! Talk with you all later!!

Jaymi
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!!

ok, I thought that 15 min challenge started today so I got my workout in! LOL... but tomorrow is great too. And Cindi please do stay on top of me to get 15 min in each day, even the day before my WI too!! Ok?? You have permission to gripe me out without apologies because I really need someone to stay on top of me But I did the yoga one tonight and it was HARD!! 45 min of HARD! LOL. But I feel good now. Didn't know yoga had so many strange names for their positons (a couple about a dog, and a baby one? lol, cracked me up) I thought yoga was just stretching but it was work! I know I will be sore tomorrow. But a great workout none the less.

Penny thanks for another pic! I just love seeing everyone's families!!

Di, of course you didn't offend us with the singleton comment, we know what you meant. you love them to death How many sisters do you have? Hey I had a wine cooler tonight myself. Must be that kind of night for alot of us. But I only drank 1/2 of it, it just wasn't hitting the spot and made me really thirsty so I downed alot of water afterwards.

Cindi congrats on the new clothes!!! It's so nice when you get clothes on clearance and even nicer when they are in a smaller size!! So like I said earlier I am definitely in on your exercise challenge. When should we post our exercise minutes? At the end of the day or just whenever we do it?

Kristin, greens and beans are just that, greens (like collard greens or mustard greens, chopped up ) and white beans (like great northern beans, in a can though) I'll post the recipe for you tomorrow. I'll be having it for lunch tomorrow. But it does have lots of fiber, 17 grams per serving! lol. So it should be filling. Weight Watchers isn't too expensive, check out www.weightwatchers.com and you can see what deals they have. I do mine for free because I got all my materials from a dear friend so I didn't have to pay for them, but you can do WW online so that you don't have to weigh in with a group or have weekly meetings or there is an At Home Kit, and it's around 100 bucks, but I think you can do payments if you have a credit card. But check it out, it's really great program. Nothing is off limits so you aren't deprived of your favorite foods, everything has a point value. Also if you exercise you earn activity points that you can use for an extra treat to eat! but check out the official site for more info.

Welcome Tricia!! I am Spryng, mother of 3. Ava-4, Bubba-3, and Tanner-1 married for 6 years. I'm on weight watchers and I hit my goal weight back in april but now I am working on toning up my body and getting to my personal goal weight. I see there is a big age difference between your last two children, was that hard? A birth doula? That is a neat job. Never met one, so it's nice to meet you! You'll have to share with us some of what you do as a doula and neat experiances you've had. I loved giving birth so much, when all my kids are in school in a few years I plan to go back to school myself and I'd love to do something with the maternity ward at a hospital, maybe even midwifery. I love everything to do with pregnancy and babies so it would be a rewarding job for me since we are probably done having any more of our own. How did you get into the line of work?

Geri, you have an Avon store?? How neat that would be. My avon lady quit selling so I haven't got a new book in ages. I miss it! LOL. but I guess it's a good thing because I was buying it like crazy and I needed that stuff like I needed a hole in the head, lol. Congrats on getting your workout in!

Melissa, your day sounds alot like mine. All I got done today was dishes too. But I plan on working more on it tomorrow. That is why there is always tomorrow... lol. but as I was told once, housework will wait, it's very patient, lol. I hope tomorrow is easier on you. Are you thinking about any plans to be on?

Leigh, you didn't have bad choices today. Never feel guilty about using those flexpoints! That is what they are there for. I only have 6.5 flex left... lol. And today was my WI! LOL. But I like to eat them quickly so that I'm not distracted with them the rest of the week. I left just enough for me to have a hershey bar with almonds tomorrow (it's 6 pts for the entire bar) and I'm glad that ww thread helped you some. Do you ever check out their boards? I try to visit every few days and I love the lifetimers board. So many good success stories and motivation from those who have been there and done that with weight loss and maintaining.

Well, I should have already been in bed so I need to get off here. I will talk to you all tomorrow! G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:34 AM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I need to set an alarm clock and change this child's schedule!! I didn't even give the meds today and he is still up and quite perky. I just cleaned up a nice dogfood and water mixture he made for the dog I am babysitting this weekend! BUT my potatoes and my kitchen got cleaned in the wee hours of this morning, so all was not a wash(LOL!) or was it??? Who knows what might get done before I go to bed this time.

Spryng...I will crack the whip as needed. I didn't start today, just because I didn't get the chance YET. Plus tomorrow is good since we have so many new friends to join us! I guess we can post whenever we want, as long as it's daily. I think seeing how everyone else is doing will help me when I am being lazy.

jaymi...we change threads when we get 3 pages done, which is daily or more often these days. We are some chatty chicks! But it's working well for us!

Back in a bit...maybe!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 09:36 AM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Good morning gals! We're leaving for Wisconsin soon, so this will be my last post until our return I'm excited to see everyone and I think it will be a great weekend.

Hey, Mel - sorry yesterday was bad and I wish you a better day today.

Geri - no - that was my first time making it, but I think it would be good on chicken or fish too. Great on getting your 3 miles in - good for you! And dinner sounded yummy.

Welcome, Tricia! Nice to meet you. I'm Leigh a SAHM to one eight-month-old boy. I've been happily married for 2 years I'm in the process of losing post-pregnancy weight and am on Weight Watchers. Your diet/exercise changes sound very healthy and wise - good for you.

Hey, Krisitin! Good luck with the flooring. Just to add to Spryng's WW info - I also got an At Home kit, but found one on ebay for a bit less. Just make sure you're getting certain items like the calculator, instruction book, Food companion, and Dining out companion if you buy iut from ebay. Have a wonderful weekend!

Cindi - woo-hoo on the clothing sizes! Doesn't that feel awesome??? As for the exercise challenge - I'm in. I can't post tomorrow, but I will do 15 minutes of something - probably walking.

Di - yes, being a first time mother is a huge, life changing adjustment, and it can be difficult to know how to think of yourself once you're a mother. It definitely feels like it consumes the other aspects of one's identity at times So, I think your weekend off is a great idea so you can come back as a recharged mommy.

Penny - awww! How cute the boys are

Jaymi- I'm glad your scale was down 2 lbs! That's good . . . I bet it stays - or, if not, it will go back down after the menstrual cycle ends.

Hey, Spryng! Great job on getting the workout in I'm glad you enjoyed the yoga tape - yoga is not my thing, but I can see why people do like it. I think I will begin reading and posting on some of the WW boards.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful 4th I'll be back with you either Monday night or Tuesday morning. Take care - I'll miss touching base!
Old 07-03-2004, 09:42 AM   #15  

Morning all, Today is starting out nice. I am about to hop on the treadmill. My daughters friend is here and the little guy is napping. I'll do my best to get some time in here.
It's a beautiful day here!

Thanks for the support all of you!!

Leigh, Have a great trip.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote