The Thin Group #48

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hey guys!
    Hi everyone,
    Today is my day off from H & R Block. This is the last day we are open but tomorrow I will go in, in the morning and help them close everything down and pack up the place. Should be fun LOL We will be closed and we have to take all of everything in the office in the truck and take it over to our main office. Computers, desks, different machines and all our paper work, forms ect.

I went to my WW meeting this morning and hoped I would lose that 2 lbs I had gained when I went for the trial cause I have really been trying, exercising-4 times this week so far, and we even went to a Easter Buffet here at Sirloin Stockade and I was amazed that I used some self control there and stuck with things like the salad bar and some lean meat like Roast beef and didn't eat too much either and even for desert just had a piece of angel food cake with strawberries and no whip cream even. So I thought the scale was down fairly well, but was surprised to see when I stepped on the scale the girl said that I was down .2 lbs. You could have knocked me over with a feather. But now that I think about it that is ok with me. I know weight can flectuate so much depending so I figure that is better than a gain and I will just keep on trying to get the other part of that 2 lbs off than go from there.

The big thing is that we are going this Thursday or Friday, not sure which to Florida to see my daughter stationed in Fort Walton Beach for a few days and I really wanted to lose before I go to hopefully keep me on track, you know incentive? But oh well. I am not even sure we will be back to weigh in next Monday either, will probally be driving back from Florida. But hey things will work out and a loss, no matter how small is certainly better than a loss right guys?

Jatell-Welcome to our wonderful group. You will love us all here. And OF COURSE you can join us. We are a very supportive group and we are all different ages and weights too. I am 51 so am not too far from your age, but we have some in their 20's even and we all get along very well. Don't worry we will help you and you can help us too. Tell us about yourself, where you are from, your family ect. Is your real name Jetall? that is a very interesting name, how did you get it? We will be sure to motivate you so post often and again welcome aboard.

angel-Hang in there girl. You have been through quite alot lately with your kidney infection plus your time of month as well right around that time. That combination is sure to add water weight to you, I know the medication probally did too. Than everyone getting sick on top if it so cut yourself some slack and start fresh just like you seem to be doing. The fact that you are back at the gym and working out is a great start. Good going not to buy too many sweets for your boys too. You are not a failure to me, just going through some things as I have with all going on in my life-the trial ect. Let's start fresh and help each other get going. I am game if you are!

ginabob-Busy Busy Lady! You must feel as if you are going 100 miles an hour with all you are doing. Man I meant to catch you on TV too, but had company over and forgot. How did it go anyways? I am proud of you, you know it? Glad you have enjoyed all those articles I posted. If there are any others I will be sure to post them. Glad you are feeling better and that makes 2 of us. Thanks for your support too and all the other Thinsters, it kept Chrissy and myself going I'll tell you. Contrats on losing those 3 lbs. And on losing 20 lbs as well. Won't your friend be surprised when she sees you when you get the rest of your weight off. I would love to be there too.

Trish-Welcome back from your trip and glad you got some rest and relaxtion while you were at it. Good going getting back on program. That's 2 lbs down and soon that dress for your son's wedding will be fitting like a dream. That is so nice that your husband is joining in your efforts too. It always helps to do this with a partner. Thanks also to you for all your support during the trial. Glad it is finally over too.

Sandi-Happy Belated Easter to you too. Hope you had a great one with your family and especially the grandkids. I know you had fun with them this weekend.

Gail-Hey girl, where are you? Still busy with your company I'll bet. How are things going with your Mother In Laws visit? Hope well. I will email you soon and I had been planning too so talk to you soon. Miss you and think of you so often.

CJ-Glad you are back from you cabin and posting again too. Don't worry we will pick you up and glad you posted with us. Even if you did start a new thread you little BRAT! BRAT BRAT!!! There I feel better after saying that. LOL Post again and let us know how your Easter was at the cabin.

Chrissy-Hey SIL! I was gonna call you last night, but daughter Kelly came over with her boyfriend Brian and we got involved playing Trivia Persuit. Hey can you believe that Ken and I beat those college guys, Kel and Brian? HA HA You niece couldn't believe that her parents beat her. Hey we even helped them and gave them hints to give them some of their pies. LOL YOUTH EH? One of these days when I come up I should bring Trivia and you and I can play Emily and Ellen eh? We should beat them I bet. My nieces may be smart but I'll bet we are smarter. LOL I called my Dad last night and he said he and Jerry were going to your house for dinner for Easter. How did it go? I will try to get in touch with you before we go see Tracy in Florida. Love you Chrissy and miss you too.

Well guys time to go and get some things done.
    Bye guys and love you, Sassy Sharon
  • Hi!

Hope all of you had a happy Easter! My daughter (a newlywed of 10 months) decided to have Easter dinner at her apartment, so I didn't have to host it this year. It was nice being a guest for a change! I helped her in the kitchen, and everything turned out fine. She invited her husband's parents and grandmother in addition to my husband and me, and everyone got along well. Now I have no leftovers to snack on. That's good! I also bought NO Easter candy this year so I would not be tempted to eat it. The self control seems to be paying off. After one week of counting points, I've lost a total of three lbs.

Sharon, I didn't know H & R Block was only open during tax time. How many months a year are they open? What are the job qualifications?
    I hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter in Florida. A small weight loss is better than none at all and much better than gaining! Keep trying!

Angel-Eyes, nice to hear from you. It sounds like you have had a tough few weeks.

Ginabob, congratulations on the 3 lb. weight loss. Way to go!

CJ, hope you had a good time at your cabin.

Jetall, welcome. You are right; there are several of us who are over 50, and we're not thin either! We just want to be!

Jo, are you feeling better? Hope so!

Take care,

Trish
  • ....time to re-focus....
    Hi Ladies, hope everyone had a great Easter. I've been having some problems lately and anyone who's been on chat at night, sure knows about them. I've been having problems staying or should I say straying from plan.
    I'm trying to stay motivated and pumped but since March 1, my weight was at a standstill or up/down a few pounds: resulting in 0 lbs lost for the whole Easter challenge......so I've decided to get on with the show....(so to speak) and focus/regroup and start anew! Afterall isn't that what spring is? The weather is getting really nice and I think that in itself is a motivator for most to get out and enjoy. No one said this was going to be easy but I didn't think it would be quite the rollercoaster (full of ups/downs both mentally and physically) I'm taking it now instead of one day at a time....one meal at a time until I get really back on track. And I don't care what my dh promises me....NO MORE COOKIES!!! in the house. I started to feel quite good being able to resist the bag but after having 1, then 2....I had no control and ate whenever, so since I do the shopping, I'm going to be quite forgetful....he he. Thanks to those who rallied and gave me the peptalk on chat (and in the posts, thanks Dena)and I'm hoping
    to start with a fresh "new improved" mindset. To all those in the same boat.....Lets just do it!

Sassy....thanks for the kind words and as you can see...I've my mind made up for a loss this time!

Hi Jetall...welcome and nice to meet you. Hope you post often, it'll be good for you and you won't meet a nicer bunch of ladies.

By the way...anyone seen this website? full of weight loss success stories...www.theweighwewere.com
    I would highly reccommend it!!! bye and take care
  • Happy Monday after Easter!!! I'm glad it's over, I fought food all day. I didn't do to badly but I could have done better. I just returned from Fla. on Friday. I was good as gold there. I still can't believe I did so well. This is so hard although WW is better than it used to be. I remember when liver was required once a week.

Welcome to all the newbies, they weren't lying when they told you - you will love it here. Many of us are over 50 (I'm 55 and glad to be here) Stay with us. We will encourage you all we can.

Sharon I spent last week real close to where you are this week. It was absolutelly beautiful every day. We usually have at least one bad day but not this year. It was also very warm at home but now that I'm back with have freeze warnings out for tonight. Go figure! Have a great visit.

I will try to catch up on all posts and be back in a day or two. Everyone stay OP and we will all be losers!
    Carolyn
  • I know I am a day early for my first message, but won't be around tommorrow.
    Chrissy....I hope you have a super dooper birthday tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU{{{{CHRISSY}}}}

Jetall...A BIG WELCOME to the group. We are all of various ages and weights. You will like t here where you will get lots of support and lots of laughs at times.

Angel Eyes.....Hang in there girl. It isn't an easy road to follow but you will do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginabob...I too missed your program on T.V. and so much wanted to see it. Way to go on your 3# loss. Keep up the great job!!!!!!

Sharon...Have a nice time in Fla. How long of a drive is it?

Trish.......Congrats to you also on your 3# loss. Glad you enjoyed your Easter dinner at your daughters. It is always nice to be waited on every now and then. Your trip to Orlando sounded very nice.

CH.....Glad you did so well O P in Florida. It is hard at times when we are away from our natural surroundings. I am glad I never had to join WW when they made you eat liver. YUK!!!!!!!

My Easter was very nice. Spent it here and had roast, turkey breast and ham. Just found out my grandkids really love ham. Then had our annual egg hunt in the yard. Thought for sure it would have to be inside as it rained in the a.m. but then cleared up later. Can't believe I was outside without a coat last wekk, and now we have snow on the ground. What's happening here? LOL
    Gloomy day here again today. I am going to go visit my sister today whom I haven't seen in a while. So we wil have fun catching up on all the news. Love to all...Sandi
  • Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around. Last time I was here was last Thursday and I was so sick. Ended up staying at work until almost 4:00 anyway. Yeah, I'm a dummy. Then I went home and slept until Friday morning. Fortunately, I felt better then and was fine all weekend. The weather was beautiful so we did a lot in the yard.

Saturday's weigh-in was ... drumroll please ... down 2.2 lbs!!! Sadly, I undid all that good work on Easter Sunday. Where in the world did all that chocolate come from!?!?! Actually, my biggest problem was the meats and cheeses and oily olive and red pepper salads from the italian market. Oooh, those stuffed pepper thingies!!! I was back on track (well, except for a few leftover chocolate eggs and jelly beans) on Monday but it's going to take a while to undo all the damage.

In other news....

Happy Birthday to Ms. Chrissy!!!!! Have a wonderful day!

Welcome to Jetall. You'll love it here. Come by anytime and don't worry about not knowing what to say. As you can see, some of us tend to just ramble on and on and on ....

Angel-Eyes, I like your ideas about spring being a time to start fresh. What a great idea. It was nice here on Saturday so I rode my new bike to WW class. Thought I was going to die but I did it. Could be the start of a new tradition.

Hi Trish! Good to hear from you again! I was up your way for Easter at mom and dad's. Had to drive past Just Born. Dangerous with all those marshmallow peeps and bunnies running loose at this time of year!!

For anyone who doesn't know, Just Born is the company that makes those marshmallow peeps. Are you guys familiar with them? Not sure just how "world wide" they are. I just love the stupid things and not just because they're made in my home town.

Sharon, have a great time in Florida!! I've never been there but some day.....

CJ, I thought of you this weekend. At my parents' house I found some really great big rocks for my garden and asked dad if I could have them. He thought I was nuts (always has LOL) but gave them to me. Poor Rich, having to load them into my car!! So now I have rocks for my garden. Not exactly as good as the Queen's rock garden but it's a start.

Well, better get to work. Went to a seminar on Monday and I'm still catching up. The weather has turned cold again *grumble* and I really just wanted to stay in bed. But hey as long as it warms up for the weekend again. Garden and back yard are really shaping up! Got a lot planted last weekend but they're calling for snow showers today!!!! I just can't stand it!!!

Quick funny story. I went to my WW class on Saturday morning. Was gone for all of an hour and a half and when I got home, Rich had torn down the entire old shed!! It was completely gone ... well, except for huge pieces of scrap sheet metal and wooden floor boards. I was very very impressed! Looked like those pictures you see from the path of a tornado or something. Hurricane Rich strikes!!! Film at eleven!

And now off to earn my millions...

Ooh, speaking of that, I made hotel reservations yesterday for the Flamingo Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas for September. Yes, it's early yet but I just wanted to make sure they didn't sell out or something. I plan to be in Vegas for my Big 4-0 B-day no matter what!!! Winning a million dollars or so sounds like a great birthday gift, don't you think?

OK, this time I mean it. Talk to you all again soon!
    Much love, Jo.
  • Just dropping in....
    Just a quick note here to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day Chrissy - you sure deserve it!

Will be back later ... am on the run now. Gotta go!

Love, CJ
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY!

I HOPE YOU HAVE GREAT BIRTHDAY SISTER IN LAW. I just sent you an email and I hope you like it and I enjoyed writing it. It hopefully will bring back all those good memories and all the fun we used to have when we were young and carefree. I have know you for over 25 years and with each year you mean more and more to me. I see now why my brother chose you for his wife. You are my best friend, but I couldn't have chose a better choice than he already did!

I LOVE YOU CHRISSY!

LOVE SHARON
  • Hi!!

Man, it's been about 2 months since I was last here. So much has happened. I've wanted to come and talk to all my friends, but just been to down to do it.

First, my daughter, Hannah is being evaluated for possible autism, and is starting speach and developmental therapy. She is 19 months old, and is elav. at a 10 month level on speach. She had the measles back in Nov. and stopped talking after that. her theapist is hoping that is what's wrong, and feels she will soon be talking. The eval. for autism is a just in case thing. So we know what we are dealing with when it comes to her theapys etc. She is not that far behing on development, though. Some things, like feeding herself she doesn't attempt to do, and other things, like trying to run, she's right where she needs to be.

Next--My grandma had surgery and then a stroke last month. My mom, brother, me and my daughter headed to Kansas to be with her (we live in Ind.). She is so down and depressed, asking why God is doing this to her, wanting to die. Her stroke affected her right side (she's right handed), and she is now totally dependent on people. She is 82, and has been in relatively good health, and is soooo independant. She also has such a faith in God, and I have NEVER heard her question Him like that (you just don't do that-ever-that much she always tried to instill in me). That broke my heart to hear her say that, and that made me realize how much she's suffering, and how miserable she is. To make it worse for her, she had to go into a nursing home. I've worked on and off in nursing homes for about 15 years, and I know, more than likely, she may never come home. If she does, she is not going to be indep. like before. I guess she has been told this is a "step-down" facility, not a full fledged nursing home, but the nurses there tell me it's a nursing home. They are not very hopefull she will do well enough in her therapy (which she gets everyday--with the goal to train her to go home) to go home, since she is not getting any movement back in her right side. I don't know how many prayers I've said, how many my friends have said for her, and how many times I've cried myself to sleep over this. Unfortunatly, this is my excuse for cont. to binge on everything in site!!!!

last, but not least--I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I'm still learning about it, and boy is it frustrating. All this time, I and my dr thought my depression was due to post partum depression. Well, I've been sooo stiff and sore lately, he thought I might have athritis, but all those test came back okay. He ran every blood test I think there is, and everything that's supposed to be normal is, and all that. Basically, he's ruled out everything else but this. With FMS (fibromyalgia syndrome), I can experience depression, insomnia, charlie horses, "restless legs", stiffness and weakness, fatigue, and sore achy muscles. I walk around like I'm about 100 most of the time now. Pain meds help, but then I feel drugged. It has to be comical in a way to see me try to move and walk after getting out of bed in the morning. The worse for me is the fatigue, though. I can deal with the pain that gets a little better after moving around some, but being tired all the time just stinks. I feel as if I'm neglecting Hannah because I don't have the energy to get on the floor some days and play. I think there was one day when I got about 8 hrs sleep that night, and still slept at least another 3 or 4 hrs later that day, and still felt drained. I feel like a hypercondriact with this, but my dr. keeps trying to reasure me it's a real disorder, and we will find a method of "controlling" it that will work with me. A friend of mine has this, and for her a diet high in fiber and protein, and low in "simple sugars" helps more for her than pain meds, antidepressants, etc. Maybe this will be the way I FINALLY get my act together and learn to eat right.

Unfortunatly, excersice is out right now, unless it's walking (which has been hard for me to do with the fatigue and pain) or water excersises (too cold right now--give it a month). I'm going to join the YMCA again and give there pool a try. Hopefully Hannah and I can enjoy the pool together.

I guess I've taken up enogh space for one person. I will try and post more than once every two months. Maybe a goal of once a month??

Kim
  • Bye Everyone!
    Just wanted to post before we leave for Florida. It is about 6.15 AM, we are up early so we can get on the road.

Can't wait to see my daughter Tracy AND FLORIDA, Finally! I am so excited.

Chrissy-It was great talking to you on the phone last night on your birthday. Wish it would have been a better one for you. But Ellen will be back today from seeing my brother and her Uncle Skip and Aunt Terri in Florida. I know she missed you so much. Glad you loved my Memory Land Email. Love you Chrissy!

KimV-Gosh so sorry about all that has happened to you lately. I know it is hard to face all what is happening. But I know that just knowing right now is the most important thing for you, so you can know and know where to go from there. I have heard of Fibromyalgia and know there are support groups with others to help each other. My thoughts and prayers are with you for yourself, Hannah and your grandma as well. Thanks for posting and please keep on posting. We are here for you Kim and all love you. Keep your chin up!

Jello-Good weight loss, over Easter even. Congrats and keep up the good work. Don't worry Jo, if I can get to Florida so can you too. LOL

Sandi-The drive to Florida should take about 12 hours so I better bring some of my magazines to read. I tend to read most of the way while Ken drives. He loves to drive and wants to drive all the way. Alright with me thought, I can read AND SLEEP TOO. LOL Glad your Easter with your family was so nice.

Carolyn-Glad your Florida trip went well. I guess it is a bit colder there, but from what I see it is about maybe in the 70's there, which is fine with me. I HATE HOT WEATHER!

Angel-Hang in there and at least you didn't have an Easter gain so that is at least a positive thing. I know you will do it and your mind is made up and that is the important thing. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Trish-The main H & R Block is open all year, but our branch is just open from mid Jan till mid April. Anyone can be a receptionist there. I do not do taxes-THANK GOODNESS, I would be hitting my head against a wall if I did. LOL They train you to be a receptionist and it is really fun too. This makes my 4th year so far I have done this. YAAAA on those 3 lbs lost.

Well time to go everyone. I will see you guys when I get back and remember I love you and will be thinking about you while I am gone.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
  • Good Morning....
    Well this morning I'm still at 204 lbs, but thats okay I feel a LOSS A'COMING TODAY!!! And yesterday I took the big plunge.........(hmm, what could that be?) I finally took my current big clothes to the tailor so they could be altered!!! This is a big step for me as I've given so many other clothes to goodwill and these ones are my fave's....so now there's really no turning back. He also told me he would give me a deal if I brought the rest in...???I didn't know you could get a "deal" on altering clothes....ha ha...sort of like clipping coupons for clothes! Anyway, its a done deal now...my fate is sealed, no more fat clothes to fall back into.
    Have a good day...stay on plan!
  • Well, I had a nice big juicy post all written and then my computer crashed. Darn I hate that. My post was brilliant too, I swear!!

KimV, I've missed you around here and I'm glad you posted. I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles though. Add me to those friends of yours that are praying for your grandmother. I hope Hannah's OK too. And I've never heard of fibromyalgia but it doesn't sound very pleasant. Hope you and your doctor can get it under control. Hugs to you. {{{KIM}}}

The rest of my post was full of stories of cleaning out Rich's house, hopes that the weather is finally warming up and Jo trying to get back on program before the weigh-in on Saturday. Guess you've heard it all before anyway.

Hope you guys have a good day.
    Much love, Jo.
  • Good Morning Everyone!

Like CJ, I've been around but just not posting. The new shot for Cal's pain (my husband, has prostate cancer spread into his spine) was supposed to work for 3 to 6 mo. stopped working after about 3 weeks. Then the pain came back with a vengence!

While trying to lift him up to his feet, my back went out! We're a fine pair now! I have to drive him to the hospital for x-rays and to the doctor's office every wek. He really hates to have to get into the passenger seat. Talk about a back-seat driver! He drives me crazy telling me how to drive ......" get into that lane....watch that guy ahead of us....slow down.....that light is going to change, etc." So far I've managed to maintain my sense of humor, we both had a good laugh when I showed him my driver's license!

My weight loss efforts are non existant right now! I keep going up two and down two. Easter candy...oh my!...those little marshmallow peeps are my downfall. I just love biting off the heads of those little bunnys and chicks!

Chrissy, darling! So sorry I missed your birthday! Hope you enjoyed your special day.

Sharon, have a really good time in Fla. I know you will!
    We drove down to Fla. from Corpus Christi, when we lived in Texas, for my son's graduation ceremony from bootcamp. We loved it! So much to do there, and so much to see!

Jetall, a big welcome to you. I'm over 50 too, in fact, ( let's be honest here), I'm 59! This is a good group, you'll fit right in.

Gina, I missed your program too. So sorry, I really wanted to see it! Maybe next time, be sure to tell us when, OK?

Kim, I know sometimes it seems like "when it rains it pours" troubles, but hang in there. Times will get better.

Jello, your weight is still going in the right direction, good girl! LOL You and Hurricane Rich can come to Okla. and work on my yard when you get your's finished! My yard man finally showed up yesterday and did the spring clean-up that should have been done 2 months ago! Looks much better now.

Sandi, are you and your dog, Shadow, still going for those long walks? I keep saying I'm going to take Rowdy walking, he's always ready but I never get around to it.

A big "Hello" to all the rest of you. Sorry but I've run out of time already this morning. Got to get started with breakfast, then a big stack of dirty clothes just begging to get into the washing machine.

Hugs, Judy
  • I'm a Mum!!
    Quick message before the little on wakes up to be fed (in about 10 miuntes I'd guess).

Our little GIRL Charlotte Sylvia Gonzalez was born on Sunday April 15 (her due date!) at 9.56am. She weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 49cms (19.6") long.

We are all doing well, trying to get used to this no sleep thing and with me trying to learn to breastfeed (who would have thought it would be difficult!)

Anyways I'll come back in a few days and write more. And of course I'm back on the weight loss track now too!

Love to all (and Charlotte sends sloppy baby kisses, well if she could kiss yet she would I'm sure, he he)

Sam
  • another short note ....
    Once again just poppping in for a quickie. Sorry, just have been so busy. Am cleaning out kitchen cubbords and getting ready to paint in the kitchen.

Weigh in today … down 1 lb! Back to 7 ˝ lbs now gone!

Kim: So sorry to hear about your baby – hope all works out well for her. And so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I feel for you. It is so hard for a person who is so independent to suddenly become dependent on others -–to not do for herself. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and pray for the best! And gosh, as if your plate is not full enough – you get FMS! I sure hope you can find some solution to easing the pain …. Definitely will keep you in my prayers!

Sharon: Was thinking of you today ….. I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida and will talk to you when you return.

Chrissy: Hope you birthday was a great one!

Blunder: So sorry to hear about Cal and your back! I will keep you in my prayers too!

Dreamer: CONGRATULATIONS! How wonderful! A beautiful baby girl! Wow! Glad to hear all is well … can’t wait to see pictures! Thanks for the sloppy baby kisses! Loved them!

Well, sorry I didn’t address everyone – I promise I will get back into the posting groove soon!

Love you all!
    CJ