Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:18 PM   #16  
deleted2

Sure enough, I'm back down to 135 lbs. today. The way the body works is so bizarre.....
Ceara, you're doing great!

Here's yesterday's:

coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
1 cup raisin bran [just dry. I've never been a fan of milk.]
banana

big salad [lettuce, peppers, carrots, onion, cukes, ff dressing, soy chicken patty]
low-fat ice cream bar

2 pcs. homemade pizza
soy mocha

Then I blew it after seeing H. Potter movie at midnight and was ravenous afterward so we stopped by a donut place and I had 2 maple donuts and coffee. Dang!!!! Good thing I'm usually asleep at 2:30 in the morning so i don't realize how hungry I am!

Today is a new day. On to yoga---I need it!

Old 06-04-2004, 06:18 PM   #17  
Empress/Queen

Ok, if thou mindest not, Skyfirefly, I need to quote thee here as this really hit me: "The weight is too hard to come off to let it just get right back on ..." You said it!!!

I'm just reporting exercise right now and will be back with menu later. My trainer was taking finals so I went in and did just 20 minutes of weights but then took two aerobics classes and a short yoga session for a total of 120 minutes. I'm supposed to be careful right now about not getting my heart rate too high, so I kind of modified my way through the classes, but it was a lot of fun and different than my Friday weight sessions. Took a shower and went shopping all day and I think that counts as exercise, too! I'll be back! Eydie, congrats on getting back to the glorious 135.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:13 PM   #18  
Empress/Queen

Van Pria energy bar 110
EAS van CC shake 100

Electrolyte replacement drink 15
EFA supplement 10
Fiber tabs (7) 5
Van Pria energy bars 110
EAS van CC shake 100

Slimfast van 220

Blueberry scone 455
1/2 iced chai 135

Mini pizza (Tuscany style) 250
EAS van CC shake 100

Van Pria energy bar 110
EAS van CC shake 100

Van Pria energy bar 110

Shake: Mixed berries, Splenda, water 60

Van Pria energy bar 110
EAS van CC shake 100

Edited: In the interest of honesty, I ate a lot more stuff after I posted here and don't even know why. Suspect it was the heat. Didn't count the calories!

Total ????

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-05-2004 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Ate more stuff!
Old 06-05-2004, 11:55 AM   #19  

Let me try to reconstruct thursday

Slimfast
Pear
cottage cheese
burger on bun
3 spears asparagus
green beans from a potato/greenbean thing
9 *yes I counted* pieces of pasta from a pasta salad
cole slaw
SO FAR SO GOOD
1 slice cheesecake that wasn't nearly as good as it looked
1 bar type cookie that was so good it had to be thousands of calories
AH, IF I HAD QUIT THEN
one hot dog on bun
1 serving of a jello salad that I heard a lady say she made from the south beach diet cook book. She was complaining no one had tried it so to the rescue. It was delicious - like a strawberry gelatin w/strawberries, a bit of pineapple and some walnut as well as some type of cheese (maybe ricotta?). We had a nice conversation re weight loss and all that and then she mentioned it was "only" 160 calories. I'm still trying to figure out how it could be that much. Anyway, she made it for the many SBDs (and other dieters) around but I suspect they were being smart and avoiding the heavily laden dessert table so missed out on it. Very nice of her.
Then while I was still standing there, I saw there was only ONE of the delicious bar cookies still there and figured it was calling my name.

Plenty of exercise that day with 1 1/2-2 hours of heavy yard work.

Then Friday

TWO of the sticky buns I had passed up the day before
grilled cheese
pear
frozen yogurt (maybe 200 calories or so)
chicken breast
lots of salad
roll, naked

Ok, I might have been in fairly decent shape but then....
3 cups of Kashi Heart to Heart
small piece of apple pie
frozen yogurt (only 100 cal this time)

A BAD CASE OF 'TIRED IN THE EVENING' MUNCHIES---

Again a good bit of yard work but more within my ability to handle this time.

So there you have it. True Confessions. I wasn't really going to do that but I guess it may help me back up on the wagon - if I can only catch up with it.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:06 PM   #20  
Empress/Queen

Great leapin' up on that wagon, Anagramatic!!! I saw it zipping by with thou at the reins and had just enough time to grab ahold ... that's me climbing on the tailgate behind thee.

In point of fact, I was going to go sit in a darkened movie theater today and eat movie popcorn (something the cardiologist would NOT recommend as it's loaded with bad fat) but watching the wagon speed and knowing I CAN get back on has put my mind on loftier goals ... so no bad popcorn, probably won't go to the movies, but might.

Anyway, my ramblings are NOT appropriate on the food journal thread so I'll say why I'm here ... hope it's ok to post this but wanted to point out to anyone who hasn't been lurking in the pasture next door, there's a fantastic looking lite lemon pie recipe posted there by one of the denizens (I forget the name, but it was yesterday I think). Mayhap they wouldn't mind any lemon lovers sneaking in there and, er, at least having a look!
Old 06-05-2004, 03:13 PM   #21  

Hokay, hang onto the wagon - going well so far but then my worst problem is always evening.

Thanks for headsup on the lemony dessert. Sounds lush. Also thinking would work with, say, strawberry or peach or such, each piece garnished with the fruit involved if serving to guests. Say a strawberry in the midst of the dollop of cool whip. May try the lemon and see just how yummy. Can always slice it a bit at a time for myownself.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:33 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

I'm hanging on so far, too. May be a bit high in the calorie department by night but no binge and no friggin' pb cups!

Yea, I think peach would be fabulous ... or key lime?
Old 06-05-2004, 07:30 PM   #23  

MMM - key lime would probably be best.

Sunday
Kashi cereal w/2% milk
two carrots
dry grilled cheese
frozen yogurt
pretzels
pig w/o blanket (chopped steak mixed w/rice etc)
green beans
4 small squares of corn bread
applesauce Decided not to have this after all
slimfast meal bar

No exercise - it was a rest up day. Not enough water yet

Last edited by anagram; 06-05-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:05 PM   #24  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Hmmm. Whilst thou wast driving the wagon, Anagram, I was in the back eating! You did good, Kemo Sabe!

Mine's a little high. I'm not worried about gaining weight on tomorrow's weigh-in because I KNOW I've gained, probably a lot in the past two weeks, but c'est la vie or words to that effect. I'm on the wagon now, more or less.

Van Pria energy bar 110
EAS van CC shake 100

Mini pizza (Tuscany) 250
EAS van CC shake 100

Strawberry shortcake ice cream bar 230
Slimfast van canned shake 220

2 whole wheat rolls 240
2 T diet butter 100
EAS van CC shake 100

2 Pria bars 220
EAS van CC shake 100

2 whole wheat rolls 240
2 T diet butter 100
EAS van CC shake 100

EFA supplement 10
7 fiber tabs 5

Maple-soy shake (soymilk, sf maple syrup, ice) 165

Edited: Had more soymilk and sf maple syrup and more ww rolls but used butter spray, which saves 100s of calories when I use it!

Total ????

Exercise: None, rest day! I'm crocheting a yoga rug, though, if that counts!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-06-2004 at 01:32 AM. Reason: In the interest of honesty ...
Old 06-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #25  

Thanks, Empress. It seemed ok today. Not highly motivated yet but feel I'm at least catching up with the wagon. I don't think you'll gain real weight, just not lose at that level. I gain water a lot but it takes more than a day or two (IMHO) to really gain.

I remembered that at the start of the journey I would have a slimfast bar to sort of forestall bingeing and it seems to have worked again. Sometimes I don't want to do it because it's 220 calories so I'll have 100 calories of something, then 100 more of something else, etc. So should have done the meal bar last night and saved a lot. But when you're braindead.......
Old 06-06-2004, 08:32 AM   #26  

Girls I am still aboard and trying to change my eating habits and life stlye. Better to come off slow they say and keep it off! Well I am watching closely to make sure the scale doesn't go crazy on mye. I weighed in this a.m. and the #'s are back to my loss from last week, so I am holding steady. But at least the 1lb. it showed the other day is gone, maybe too much salt??????? Oh well at least its gone and I am not going to look for it either! You are all doing so well keep up the good work with good support from each other and knowing we aren't alone in our mission we can do it. Amarantha no problem with the quote I was honored.
Ceara you refer to a greek dressing mind sharing I love greek food?
Well here goes Saturday:
2 slices Oscar turkey bacon =not so bad
1 egg
2 coffee blk.
Lunch= celery sticks with natural peanut butter
low carb yogurt
swiss cheese with 3 garlic wheat crackers
1 cube of reduced cheddar cheese
1 Fresca soda no cal no sugar
Dinner= Out= 1 salad w/Italian dressing blue cheese
1/2 chicken parm
1 sm. roll / 1/2 garlic bread
Snack = freshly picked strawberries with a bit of sugar
1 biscuit and strawberry cool whip
It was a bit of heaven let me tell you!
Looking back I guess it was a bit of cheese and too many breads, but I did set up and take down a garage sale and did some walking. I guess that may of saved me.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:54 AM   #27  
deleted2

I won't bother with the gory details; just let me say that I fell off the wagon and nearly perished. Apparently my bold experiment with not counting calories isn't working. Gave me way too much freedom and I just ran with it---sooo today I'm back on the old program.

Old 06-06-2004, 07:47 PM   #28  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Well, I'm trying a little bit of the old "streaking" game (if anyone remembers that one) ... in addition to my no pb cup 21-dayer, I'm going to see how long a streak I can put together eating in the 1600 calorie range, so I'm posting this early in hopes that I won't eat any more. My eating day ends at midnight, so if I need something more I'll have it then and it'll be BREAKFAST!

Edited: I decided to tally my "streak" days on the 21-day challenge thread and am wondering if that'd be a good place for anyone who wants to do a "streak" but not commit to the full-blown 21 days to also do a personal challenge? Just a thought! And a note on that thread, we've got some absent folks and as far as I can tell Ceara the Stalwart be in the lead of those who're reporting in! Huzzah for Ceara!

3 whole wheat rolls 360
Butter spray 10
EAS van CC shake 100
Mini pizza (Tuscany) 250

EAS van CC shake 100
4 white choc sf ice cream bars 400

EAS van CC shake 100

Soymilk w/sf syrup 165

Pria bar 110
EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1695

Exercise: None ... I'm supposed to rest this weekend!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-06-2004 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Afterthough on streaking game
Old 06-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #29  

Sunday
half rye bagel w/pb
3 egg western omelette
2 slices rye toast w/butter
potatoes
1 chunk pineapple
1 strawberry
cream in 3 cups decaf
4 chunks tomato
apple
3 slices sharp cheese
sandwiched on six saltines
about 150 calories frozen yogurt

No exercise.

Last edited by anagram; 06-07-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:54 AM   #30  

Oh girls that wagon we all need to stay aboard. I have a trip to New York City with the girls on Saturday and have to make sure I am good during the week this time for sure. Cause Saturday comes and its have a good time and jump back on the wagon Sunday. I did a bit of gardening yesterday figured that counted for my Nutty Buddy at the ice cream stand. Balance they say!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday= omelet with peppers, onion, mushroom, canadian bacon, asparagus
cheese, Nutty Buddy! ooopps! It was so good though!
baked tortilla chips and salsa
roast beef, carrots, onions, green beans with vinegar only, mashed potatoes
1 raspberry yogurt w/ fresh strawberries um!
Not to bad but could of watched myself a bit better that ice cream stand got me. But I just couldn't take 3 kids and not get one myself. I could of had sugar free though!
Closed Thread