3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Stay at home moms #182 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/41247-stay-home-moms-182-a.html)

spryng 05-28-2004 03:18 PM

Leigh, we must have been posting at the same time :) I think you are sooo pretty! Love the outifit! So you are going to wear that outfit every time you post a new pic of your progress? Good idea!

Loveliam 05-28-2004 03:22 PM

Hey, Spryng! Yes, that's a definite plateau, but I've heard changing your exercise routine helps with that, so you sound right on track :) Barley is a kind of grain, so probably with the rice and/or beans. Check out my other post above - there are 2 pics of me and DH :D

Which DVD are you doing toning? I'm just so uninspired when it comes to toning, but I do know what you're saying, so maybe I should reconsider!

Loveliam 05-28-2004 03:29 PM

How sweet! Thank you :D Yeah, I thought if I wore the same outfit the loss might be more evident, but also would be good for my scrapbook :)

spryng 05-28-2004 04:03 PM

Leigh, I am using Crunch - Boot Camp Training to tone my body. It's considered high intensity (that was the instructor on the dvd says anyway) here is a site you can watch 60 secs of the video on your computer. That is how I decided to buy it, plus it got great reviews on this site and amazon.com http://www.collagevideo.com/cart/default.aspx I like it so far. It's hard work. You use 3-10 lb dumbells (which ever one you want to use, I'm using 3 lb for now) and you do alot of upper body training, and then squats, plies, pushups, crunches, etc for the whole body. It gets your heart rate up without much aerobics involved. Tonight I'm going to try and do the whole 30 min. And thanks for the info on the barley, I'll look again when I get the salmon this week sometime.
OK, TTYL!

Loveliam 05-28-2004 04:27 PM

Thanks, Spryng! I'll check out the videos. Good luck with the barley :)

MichelleRae 05-28-2004 06:12 PM

Spryng - Have a ball with the new cookbook!! I can't wait to hear about your endeavors in the kitchen I always have loved hearing about what you are having for dinner! I have to stop using the resistance bands for 2 weeks he wants to see if my chest pain goes away because he suspects that it is a chest wall injury but he said if its not better after two weeks on the anti inflammatories then he wants me back in the office, because something else may be going on. God I'm such a medical mess ;) lol.

Leigh - Omg I think you look like a total doll and I LOVE that skirt!!!! Ohhh and sorry to drool but please tell me that handsome handsome man is your hubby man did you hit the jackpot!! ;) Ok I'm sorry but surely you must be used to it ;) lol I'm horribly shameless aren't I? Please don't hate me lol.

I have no idea whats for dinner tonight BLAH!! I'm horribly tired today also I think its the crappy weather we've been having just makes me want to stay in bed. I'm one of those people whose mood is tied to the weather lol. So my other doctor called back and said my thyroid levels looked good they were on the very low end of normal but he's not going to up the medication because they are still in the normal zone. I think I bloat during TOM or at the end cuz today I was up 2 lbs despite being op and drinking tons of water and TOM ended today so hopefully it won't affect my weigh in on Sunday.

Well I need to go figure out whats for supper. I'll be back later guys!!
Love to all!!
Michelle

BIGtimeLOSER 05-28-2004 06:21 PM

Hey girls...I am down 2 pounds this week, so I just barely missed ONEderland somehow! Oh well, I will get there!

Leigh...love your pics! You are very pretty! You and your dh make a great looking couple.

Spryng...Glad you got your new workout going. I haven't even started mine yet, this week has been so crazy.

Crystal...Hope your Friday is going well, I see your mom wasn't too negative. Told you everything would be fine.

Di...I am Cindi, mom to 6 boys and one girl. this is a great bunch, so stick around.

Michelle...Glad you are okay and that you don't need steriods. That could throw a wrench into the plan for sure.

I know I missed a few, but I have to make a phone call. Back later!

Loveliam 05-28-2004 06:45 PM

Cindi - Congrats on the 2 lbs!!!!! :bravo: Thank you so much for your compliments! How very nice.

Michelle - Hmm, I hope that the chest thing is just an injury so it will heal and you'll be back to normal :( *hugs* your way. Thank you for the complimetns as well. Wow! :lol: That is my husband, yes. And to think, I didn't really want to go on that first blind date!!! Actually, the best part is he's a wonderful human being :)

Anyway, you gals have made my day - I've pretty much stopped thinking of myself as attractive at all since DS was born. Now, that's kind of sad, I guess!
I bought 3 toning tapes: Tamilee Webb's (she did all the buns of steel ones) I want those Abs, I want those Buns, and I want those Arms. Now, if I do these and am satisfied, maybe I won't need a personal trainer down the road after all. We'll see :) Ohhhh how I hate toning, but I will grin and bear it - it's all part of my new lifestyle, right???

MichelleRae 05-28-2004 06:52 PM

Awwww Leigh!!! Thanks for the hugs!!! I'm hoping its just an injury too I've been run through the mill over the last year with medical stuff and I just want it all to end lol. Of course your hubby is a wonderful person!! You wouldnt have married him for looks now would you?? lol Me I married a Vin Diesel wanna be lol woo hoo ... well a girl can pretend can't she ;) Well the only part thats close is the bald head!! lol Ok see now look what you did to me Leigh!!! I'm all giddy like a school girl now lol. I'm getting out of here before I start passing notes ;)
See you guys after dinner!!
michelle

spryng 05-28-2004 07:54 PM

Hi again!

Michelle, you always make me laugh! :) The bald head is important for a vin diesel look alike! lol. At least you can turn the lights out and pretend, LOL. And I hope today gets better for you. Maybe you can get in bed early tonight.
Leigh, I will grin and bear it with you (about the toning workouts) I hate working out so much. But as it was explained to me, it's like brushing our teeth. Not something we really enjoy but something that we have to do to stay healthy. So I will be your exercise buddy and we can help each other get our workouts done. Deal?? :) I plan on doing mine tonight after the kids go to bed. And I feel the same way you do about attractiveness. We never see ourselves the way other people do, do we? I feel so blah everyday and when my DH or someone says something nice it always catches me off guard and for a minute or two I really do feel pretty. But you look great and I can't wait to watch your transition as the weight comes off. :)
Cindi, congrats on the 2#'s down!!! Next week you'll hit one-derland for sure!!

Well... I spent most of the afternoon outside with the kids. They had a blast in their pools. Tanner was so funny. Then we went around the yard and created our own nation geographic documentary (the kids love it when I do that) we lift rocks and stuff to find bugs and I tell them all about it and what they eat, how they live, etc. We found some great big slugs, earth worms, lots of pill bugs (rolly pollies) ants, etc. It was alot of fun. Well my kids are killing each other ,need to referee. TTYL!

Loveliam 05-28-2004 08:07 PM

Michelle - :lol: - Vin Diesel! How cute! And hey, I haven't passed notes in eight million years, but I'm willing to jump back in again :D Actually, I guess this is a bit like passing notes already!

Spryng - from your pictures I can see you're very attractive, so don't brush aside those compliments :) And, an exercise buddy will be great. I'm actually impressed your doing that boot camp video - it looked hard! You'll notice I went for a "beginner/intermediate" video series :lol:

Okay, hopefully DH will be home any minute. He was in Nashville last night and today. I've never been, but have always wanted to see it. Have any of you been there?

need2losemore 05-28-2004 08:19 PM

Started a new thread. See you there