Stay At Home Moms #178 :)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
  • Hope everyone has a wonderful night

I will see you all in the morning!!!!

Click Here to Review Stay At Home Moms #177
  • Hey gals, I've missed you the last four days or so. Hubby's been off work ( 6on3off schedule) and I haven't wanted to take the time to catch up on all the posts. He's back at work tonight and so I've read through at least the last couple of days. Sounds like everybody's doing great, and really staying true to their goals.

I've had a frustrating couple of weeks. I started retaining water a week before TOM, and carried it through that entire week, plus the TOM week. Since I was keeping my calorie intake down, drinking lots of water, and getting in some exercise, I was really expecting that today I would see a loss. Well, I lost the water weight, but nothing else.....I'm so dissappointed.That means for two weeks, I busted my butt keeping a food journal, making sure I got all my water, etc, and didn't get anything out of it. I guess at least I didn't gain, but i knew I wouldn't gain, becuase I've been true to my goals for all but one day.

So, I had made a goal for myself to be down 10 lbs by June7th, which started out as a loss of 2 lbs per week, which would have been a reasonable goal, but now I won't reach it, and I don't have any idea what to do differently. I am not going to "crash" diet, just to make my goal, becuase I know that would be unhealthy, but I am really dissappointed that I won't reach my goal. Especially since I did everything the way I thought I should to reach success.

So, anyways, I could really use a pep-talk, and some suggestions on how to break through this barrier. One thing I will say, is it seems like my clothes are fitting better, but that scale is just not budging. Did I mention that this means that for 3 weeks work ( and good discipline) I have only lost 2 lbs total!!!! This just can't be right! If my body is going to not cooperate for two weeks out of every month, I don't know how I'll ever loose this weight....This SUCKS!!! I am so ANGRY!! I know that might seem harsh, but I really am. I have been so good, and for nothing, absolutely zero reward. I'm sorry, but 2 lbs down in three weeks really seems about the same as zero for me, since I lost the first two in the first three days.

Just in case anybody is wondering...I AM overweight, ( albeit in the "moderate" range) so this is not just a case of my body deciding that I don't have anything more to lose. I am "zig-zagging" within 1200-1600 cals. 1850 would keep me "as-is". I did pilates 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks, and walked a minimum of a mile ( and getting a good hill in) 3 times a week, except for last week, when walking would have been problematic due to TOM ( not an exaggeration, unfortunately...always causes "potty problems"...lol)

Ok, back to that pep-talk thing....really need one.....

Thanks for giving me a place to vent gals.

Lisa
  • Lisa,
    I am so sorry you are having such a ruff time!
    Just to make sure... I can't remember..... Are you nursing?

I do know that when you exercise your weight loss slows. You are doing great zig zagging your weight!

Have you tried going to a doctor for advice?

Congrats on your clothes fitting better!

Have you measured yourself? Maybe you are losing inches first!

Give it one more week!

If you keep doing awesome, your body will have no choice but to give up some of the excess weight.

How much water are you drinking?

I am sorry I am not much help! Hopefully someone else will have some advice

Just wanted to say..... It sounds like you are doing awesome! Keep it up!
  • oh, Penny, thanks for all the questions. No, I have not gone to the doctor, but funny you should mention it, becuase I was thinking about that just a few minutes ago. I haven't even scheduled my annual check up yet, and the baby is 13months old now. I weaned him about 8 weeks ago, and started on the southbeach diet. I couldn't stick to that diet, becuase it was so insanely expensive to shop for, we just couldn't budget that much money for groceries. It was definately working for me, though I don't know how many lbs I lost on it. When we finally got moved into our own house, and unpacked the scale, I was at 167, and have used that for my base weight, even though I know that was already a little lighter than I had started out.

I have not measured myself in about a year. Maybe I ought to do that, I'll bet I'd be pleased, because I felt so HUGE, even hubby's shorts were tight on me a year ago, and they are too big for me again, phew!

I am drinking about 124 oz water a day, so that's good, and taking a multi vitamin.

Hubby's home, gotta go!

Lisa
  • Hola
    Melinda - Oh no!!! I hope your okay and recovering well.

Hi, Penny Hope you had a nice evening too. Any big plans for the day?

Lisa - Are you also keeping track of your inches? Sometimes, if your exercising a lot, you'll see the most xchange in inches, which will decrease quite a bit. You might also want to weigh yourself again in a few days because sometimes there are daily fluctuations in weight for other reasons. I agree with Penny that you should give it another week, and then if you're still having difficulty, maybe bring your journal and exercise routine with you to your doctor and ask him/her if there is some other issue. Sorry - just saw your reply to Penny . . . I do wonder how weaning impacts on the weight loss as well - not sure abotu that one, though

I'm doing well still - We're going to brunch with friends this a.m., but I already know what I'm getting and how many points it is. Then we're going to dinner with other friends this evening, but have also planned for that -also, I still have about 30 flex points to use, so I'm not too stressed out Only thing is, TOM is due to arrive tomorrow, so I'm feeling kind of bloated and heavy.
  • Good Morning Ladies!

I am still so sick!! I am worse today than yesterday I feel like I've been hit by a truck!! I think its the flu I can feel it in my lungs ugghhhh sorry to go on and on about it lol its the only thing I can think about cuz I feel so bad lol.

Well today was weigh in day and I am down 4 lbs from last week!! I thought it woulda been higher since I spent all yesterday in bed and will probably spend most of today here too!

Lisa - great to see you back!! I agree that maybe you should give it another week and see what happens Maybe your body is just building it up for one giant loss

Melinda - I hope you are feeling better!! I'm sooo sorry that you were in such horrid pain!

Leigh - Have fun out at brunch!!

Ok well I am gonna lay in bed like a dead log, I'm sure I'll be back to post again lol
    Have a great Morning Ladies
    Michelle
  • Good Morning Ladies!

Lisa,
    Sorry if I missed it...... But what plan are you doing now??

Leigh,
    Well Congrats to you for knowing your points already for the meal! That is great! It sounds like you are doing awesome! When does your week end for your flex points? Hope tom doesn't affect your weigh in too much. I have been drinking plenty of water so it didn't affect my last one!

As for me, I am down 3.5 pounds this week! I was very suprised and shocked when I got on the scale this morning. Wasn't expecting a great loss like it did. But I have been sticking to plan and not straying..... Must be working

Anyhow,
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
  • Michelle,
    Sorry I missed you!

I am so sorry you are getting sick! That is terrible! Please let me know if you need anything....... some tea, breakfast in bed..... ANYTHING!

Sending some feel better vibes your way...... HUGS!
  • Penny LOL!!! I did have breakfast in bed!! Hubby peeled me 2 oranges and threw them in a bowl lol!! I'm not hungry though, so he's just trying to get me to eat some stuff I told him I was just gonna lay in bed and not eat a thing all day and maybe I would be at goal tomorrow lol jk Congrats to you on your loss girl!!! I'm sooo happy for you!!
    Michelle
  • Congrats, Penny! 3lbs is awesome!!!

My WI days are Fridays, and I use the flexpoints after that, on weekends, so it shouldn't impact my WI day too much.
  • Oh, no, Michelle! Hope you feel better soon! But 4lbs??? That's incredible Keep up the great work.
  • Good Morning & Afternoon
    Wowy, I'm not sure I was missed, LOL!!! I normally post several times a day but haven't hardly at all these past two days. Let's see...

Leigh, my sizes begin to change at about 10-15 but totally changed by 20 lbs.

Melinda, you talked as though that ruptured thing was no big deal, are you OKAY???

Lisa, glad you're back. You know, you may have just hit a plateau. This is one of those times that you're being tested. Are you gonna say oh forget it, or are you gonna keep truckin along? Choose that latter and I think you'll start to see more achievments.

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear you're still sick. 4#'s though, makes you wanna keep going, huh? Sure hope you get better.

Penny, go girl. Down 3.5 #'s. That's great. WTG!!!

I've been rather busy, after grilling out yesterday, we rode the 4-wheeler for a bit and did my regular evening routine, I crashed in the recliner about 930. My night was okay and I didn't get up until 745. Then we as a family went to walmart and got some things and a small swimming pool with a pump. Been doing that today. I'm in to rest a bit. I'll check back later. Btw, I have fallen off plan this weekend, but not horribly bad, just making good decisions w/o counting calories. I'll exercise tonight and be back on track. If I work just as hard as last week, I think I can still be down at least 2 more or so. Anyway, TTYL
  • Hi again
    Sorry I keep posting so much Crystal, glad your enjoying your weekend - sounds like you got more rest last night, which is nice. And if your making good choices and still losing a bit, that's great too.

Been thinking more about my final reward and perhaps it will be new clothes. I'm just not sure. I'll see if anything occurs to me between now and then I have soooo much I'm trying to get done around the house in the next couple of weeks, but I've broken it down into 15 or 30-minute segments (inspired by Flylady).

I'll tell you, what I'd truly love to get is some built-in shelving done, but I think that's out of our budget for another year or so.
  • Hi all,

Missed posting last night and this morning!

Leigh, WW is sure agreeing with you!!

Melinda, hope you're feeling better today! Is that the same thing that Spryng said she had??

Crystal, sounds like some exercise will take care of your choices .

Michelle and Penny, congrats on the great losses!! Woo hoo! Michelle, hope you're over that nasty flu soon.

Lisa, I don't blame you for being discouraged. Since you can't afford the SB foods, what have you been eating? I'm doing the Dr phil plan, eating lots of veggies and fruits...very expensive but what's a fat girl to do? Planted a big garden this year so hopefully I can get some stuff frozen (peas and beans). Next year I'm going to plant lettuce I think because I love salad and eat 1-2 a day with my meals. Anyway, I vote for checking with your dr too.

Yesterday I decided to wear those size 18 jeans that I said were tight. They really weren't all that bad....didn't hurt to sit or anything. Anyway, Dh noticed so I had to thank him properly last night ! Of course I was paranoid and I said were they too tight? Should I not wear them in public and he said no, they looked great He would have told me if I looked nasty God love him!

Ginny, did Dh remember???

Penny, yes I've been back OP the last 2 days. In fact last night I didn't have a single bite after dinner ...so I know it can be done WI is tomorrow night...we'll see how it goes. Then no WI for 2 weeks due to Memorial Day so I'll have to be careful.

OK, Tony keeps climbing up here and i'm going to lose this post! Hi to everyone else!!

TTYL