3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 05-19-2004, 05:55 PM   #16
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey again ladies

It's me again! LOL

Spryng,
My hubby installs a/c's for a living. You think I could talk him into coming there to install one so I can come visit.... And I would love to have a later night chat... 9 or 10 would work for me. I could get all the kids down or at least laying down....

Leigh,
Hope Liam is getting better. I know Andrew was the same way at that age. But it gets better. He is 11 months now and he is walking around and very entertained by his toys. But he still wants his mommy

Michelle,
I know what you mean about dh getting on your nerves.. Mine does sometimes too and I really do agree with you about us being the crabby ones. Alot of times it is me and not him.

Anyhow,
Have a great evening. What's for supper....

I am making jamabalya for the family and stuffed bellpeppers for all of us. I am having a bellpepper and a salad. I have been cravings a salad....

Used to be cheeseburgers and now I crave salads..... Boy am I getting strange or what??? LOL

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:52 PM   #17
Walking away the weight

Default Evening in Atlanta

We had a yummy dinner - Lamb over salad. I had two pieces of high-fiber bread and I was soooo full by the end of the meal! DH is a high-fiber freak, so almost all our grains are high in fiber. I also bought a bunch of one-point snacks so I'm all set for cravings

Spryng - I usually give Liam infant Tylenol, which seems to help, so I'm not sure that it's really his teeth today - maybe just a bad mood. And the fajitas - I was looking them up for restaurant dining, where I'm sure they use oil, etc. planning ahead for the weekend But that's good to know about the low-carb tortillas because I do make them a lot at home. I love fajitas.

Penny - I merely repeat to myself : "Tomorrow Liam will be better!" Dinner sounds yummy!

Crystal - sorry to hear what your family went through when you were a child. I can't even imagine it - it would be very sad. What did you wind up having with the chicken?

Well, off to watch 24 on Tivo from last night and hen American Idol . . .
Professor
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:04 PM   #18

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

I can't believe how many posts there are again here! Where do you gals find the time to post individually to everyone? Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy visiting with you all and love to stay updated with everyone. But to address everyone---I get everyone mixed up & then it gets me so frustrated. I think I need to invest in a little dictaphone recorder while reading these posts. Well, let me start by addressing a few of you in the order that I have read the posts & hopefully I'll have enough time to get to all of you before another thread opens up again.

Last edited by Freckles; 05-19-2004 at 08:09 PM.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #19
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Hope everyone has had a great night so far! Just wanted to see if ya'll want to do the chat tonight? Like 10:00-11:00 central? Or like 9:00-10:00 central or like 9:30 to 10:30 central?

If ya'll want we can maybe vote or something???

10:00 to 11:00 is great for me!

Old 05-19-2004, 09:26 PM   #20

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies!!

I just finished dinner I had chicken breast stuffed with a piece of string cheese again and some mushrooms on top and a salad but I am soooo stuffed I'm going to get a workout in after American Idol. Hubby and myself have become addicted to that 70's show, just our type of sick humor lol.

Leigh - How do you like tivo? We just ordered a tv tuner for our computer and it has all the features of tivo but we can burn the programs to a dvd and a bunch of other stuff I'm excited to get it cuz we just moved My computer into our bedroom so we have been watching dvds on it I don't know why but I just love watching tv in bed lol.

Penny - MMMMM I think I may make turkey stuffed bell pepper for dinner tomorrow that just sounded so good! How was your day girly?

Well I'm going to go and watch my programs I'll post again later
Hope you all are having a great night!
Michelle
Old 05-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #21
SAHM of 3

Hi there girls. I don't have time to post to everyone. I did want to put my post in though.
I did okay today. For some reason I was having uncontrollable cravings for junk food. I did good though, I gave in to some of them, but for doing that, I made lunch and dinner very limited. I also rode my bike for 25 minutes to burn 300 calories, which in turn helped any bad things I did. I hope I don't have those cravings tomorrow. I think it's because I stayed home all day. I might have to get out just to get rid of those things. Anyway, all in all, I didn't do horribly bad.
I hope everyone else has had a great day. I hope you all have a great night. I'll check in in the morning.
Good Night.

Found out I was pregnant on May 24th.
Due February 1st, 2005
1st Doc appt. May 27th 200 lbs.
next appt.: Oct. 19th
at Sept. 21st visit, WI was 212 lbs.

My goal is to make this the healthiest pregnancy ever.

watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:14 AM   #22
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Leigh,
Hope you had a good night watching your shows!

Jackie,
I hear ya woman! It is hard to keep up with everyone! Hope you have a great night!

Michelle,
Never tried stuffing the peppers with chicken! Great idea though!

Crystal,
Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Have a great night ladies!

Old 05-20-2004, 07:19 AM   #23
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Good Morning Gals. Hope you all had a good night. There weren't many posts yesterday evening which is weird. I guess everyone was busy and such.

Well, I only had a soso night. Slept most of it on the couch as usual, with Andrew in arm. I peeked at the scale and it looks good, but I have a question. My scales are some of those cheapos from Walmart, which is what I've always used, but I found some of the much better, more expensive, easier to read scales in my FIL's shop and those are MUCH nicer to me. Would it be fair if I start using those to weigh, even though I started with mine? I won't if you don't think that's a fair reading, but if you do, oh I will then. Just wanted to know what you all think.
I don't have much planned today and I'll tell you. I have had motivation to be outside and do things out there but not in the house. But we have NO trees for shade and there's not alot to do in the heat of the day outside, but if I stay in I don't have the motivation to do things in doors. What should I do? I told my dh yesterday I wanted a swimming pool. I don't like swimming or the water much and he asked me a while back if I wanted one and I said no, but after yesterday,we all wanted to go outside but it was hot and in direct sun light, I changed my mind. However, not sure that I'll get one, but I thought about at least getting one of those little bitty ones from Walmart just for the kids to enjoy. We'll see. Look at me I'm rambling. Sorry. Well, I guess I'll do some ebaying. I'll check in later.

Due February 1st, 2005

Old 05-20-2004, 08:35 AM   #24
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Morning, Ladies!

Crystal,
That is your personal decision on the weighing. Do you know which scale is accurate? I have a digital for 5 years now and it is still calabrated. I know the digital or the dr.'s scales are the most accurate.
I actually got in the kiddos pool yesterday with them...lol

It's bill day today... Grrrr... But I might go ahead and run to Target and Kmart about 25 min. away and see if I can find the watp's dvd. Just depends on how good the kids are being......

I desperatly need to start getting some exercise in. I am so flabbly.

Spryng,
Did you exercise while you where getting to goal? I know you said you don't now, but I wasn't sure if you did when you were losing. Oh BTW, I am hoping my shorts fit when they come in, I tried on the only pair of 10 jeans and I got them on and zipped. Just still too tight. But they are from Lerner's. Anyhow I will let you know

Have a great day everyone!

Gotta get off here and get something done.....LOL

Old 05-20-2004, 09:05 AM   #25
SAHM of 3

I have another question for you gals. Okay, I tried my new outfits on again and I don't know if physically I've changed that much since Sunday or if my mind sight has changed but my new clothes really fit me well. But here is my problem, I don't want to be too blunt, but you see, I have a butt. And I don't mean just because I'm fat. I really he a butt that is round and curved. Even when I was thin and in high school, there were comments made about my butt. I really have a BUTT! But it's looks worse now that I'm fat and my new clothes fit great but my butt is huge. These capris I bought have no pockets on the butt which doesn't help. So I need some exercises for my tooshie. I thought that stair stepper I was using. But honestly I can't even make it for a full 60 seconds, I'm not kidding. But it burns on the back of my thighs where it meets my butt. So if you think this exercise will help I'll focus on this one. I have six weeks to try to make my butt smaller. HELP?!?

Due February 1st, 2005

Old 05-20-2004, 09:23 AM   #26
Walking away the weight

Default Buenas Dias!

Good morning gals! I'm still doing very well with WW - I like it a lot. Like Spryng says, it fits very well into real life. I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and will be sure to find something not too high in points.
I have some more questions for ya'll. Does "no sugar added" ice cream taste good? Before I buy any, I wanted the scoop no pun intended Just for insight into my tastes in this area - I like ice cream quite a bit, but do not like frozen yogurt, so am wondering if I'd like no sugar added ice cream.

Jackie - Hi! What I do is open a new browser window and then I can type in my reply in one window while reading everyone's posts in the other window. HTH

Michelle - We love Tivo! We've had it foor 3 or 4 years and adore it! I've seen ads for what your talking about - being able to burn to dvd would be good, though we have a recordable dvd player, so it might get a little redundant for us can you tell we're TV addicts???

Hey, Crystal. Sounds like you handled your cravings well - WTG I think you should get a newer scale if you feel it would help you with your weight loss and knowing weight with more accuracy. What kind of store does FIL have? Also, I think even a little pool from Walmart will entertain the kids. Do ya'll have a sprinkler? We used to love runnibg through the sprinkler as kids

Hi Penny! Hope you had a great evening. As for WATP I'm almost positive I saw them at Target before, but in the section with the weights and work-out equipment - I think because it came with a toning band or something.

American Idol: Well, it looks like the two who should remain do . . . one of my friends is a big Fantasia fan, but she says she doesn't think Fantasia will ultimately win because Diana probably has wider appeal.
Professor
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:34 AM   #27

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Crystal, about your "butt" LOL. Ok, The Firm is a great way to lose inches off your back side and it also LIFTS your behind so it looks smaller and perkier, lol. That is what I would recommend. Stairsteppers? yes it would probably work too but you have to do it much longer than 60 secs, that burn you are feeling is a good burn. OK, now about pants with no pockets... not a good idea for women overweight. makes the butt look even bigger (got this from some fashion channels and what not to wear) also low rise jeans will make the butt look bigger as will smal pockets. So the best thing is to buy higher waisted jeans with big back pockets (like most cargo jeans have) and they are really flattering. Just a thought, lol. I know you didn't ask about that, I'm just thinking out loud. And about your scale... use the one you will be able to use weekly and then stick with that one. But you can change or get a new scale anytime you want, lol. I'm thinking about getting one that reads fat percentages. We have two little swimming pools outside from walmart. One is a good sized platic one with the built in slide (I'm sure you all have seen these outside of walmart every year) it is perfect sized for Ava and Bubba, and then I bought a little plastic one for Tanner. The other two get too rambunctious in their pool with water to the rim and Tanner wouldn't be safe in there with them so I got him his own. He is very cute in it. But I have been known to get in their pools too! lol. And I may do it again soon because I am dying to wear my new tankini! LOL. So why don't you like swimming?
Penny have fun paying bills and shopping! I went to walmart last night to get a fan that clips on stuff for Tanner's playpen that he sleeps in. Nap time is very hot for him and he sweats... poor baby. But that fan should help. And yes I have exercised in the past, lol. I did alot of The Firm when I first started WW, but it slowed my weightloss WAY down (because I was building muscle I'm sure) but it discouraged me so I quit exercising. Now I see the redundancy in that descision but I can't go back. Also I had done pilates off and on too since then but nothing consistant. But mostly I got to goal without exercising. I am very ashamed of myself for being so lazy. But I promise you that will change very soon!!! I want to exercise like crazy as soon as my dvd gets here. I will challenge myself to have a great body by the end of summer. I really want to lose some inches!! lol
Jackie, don't get overwhelmed by all the posts made here. It can be very hard to keep up with. So just come by and post a little and we would all love that! How are you doing? Still using your bike and treadmill?
Leigh, before Tanner got his first teeth he would go a few days of being cranky and clingy before the gums began to swell and I knew it was teething. So hang in there. Teething can be difficult but as soon as those bad boys break the skin he'll feel better.
Michelle and Penny, I had so much fun last night chatting with the two of you! You both really made my evening!!! And yes, I vote for 10-11 pm for chat every night too. My kids usually go down about 9:30 so that will give me 30 min to do my eveing routine before chatting. But I can compromise for anyone else that needs it earlier or later.

Well today looks like I will get to see DH!!! He doesn't get to come home until tomorrow but today he is at the yard in olathe getting his truck worked on and will be there all day so he wants me to come up and spend the afternoon with him, which of course I am eager to do! LOL. I miss him! The tomorrow he'll drive home for the weekend. So I need to get off here and get my house work done, my shower done, etc. So I'll talk with you all later!!

5'3" Mother to 4

spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #28
SAHM of 3

Leigh, thanks for your advice. My FIL's shop is just that...it's a workshop. We live next door to him and we use it too. Just has exercise equipment, tools, mowers, etc. He has one of those easy to read scales...big numbers and markers to put on each acheivement and so on. I have a walmart one that has little bitty marks between the numbers.

Penny, I'm not sure if my scale is accurate, it's the only one I've used. I have a hard time thinking that I'm still in the upper 190's and fitting in a sz. 16. I'll go check what the other scale says and tell y'all and maybe y'all can be the judge, huh?...?

Anyway, I'm feeling really well today. I had breakfast and although those biscuits with honey are calling my name I only had one to fit into my calories for breakfast and that's all I intend to have. After trying on those clothes this morning, I feel VERY motivated to push myself in anyway I need to.

I'll check in later, again.

Due February 1st, 2005

Old 05-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #29

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Leigh, you snuck in on me, lol. I'm so glad you are loving ww! And if you go to applebees they have the ww menu now!! (I'll probably be going there today!) enjoy your lunch date with your friend! Sounds so nice. And about suagr free icecream. Most use splenda which to me taste the same as sugar so I like it just fine. But if you don't like the taste of splenda then you may not like it. The only way to know is so buy a small container or box and try some. I love it though. We did the sprinkler thing in our yard right before buying the pools. The kids loved that too. And don't forget about slipnslides!! Those were so much fun growing up and they are quite cheap now too.
Ok, I've got to get in the shower. TTYL!

5'3" Mother to 4

spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:02 AM   #30
SAHM of 3

Spryng, I have never like swimming. When I was little I was scared to death to get a bath. I don't mind wading in shallow water, but I am not a swimmer. I used to water ski and go to the lake alot when I was a teenager. I would participate in these fun activities I just didn't always enjoy them.
I stepped on my FIL's scale and it says 192. I usually weigh first thing in the morning, in just pj's and my scale says about 198. My FIL's scale said 192 while I was dressed and after breakfast. The reason I think his may be more accurate is because I'm fitting in a sz. 16 and the only other times I did that was when I weighed 185-195. I think I may go with his. That means I started at about 203. I'll think about it today and listen to what y'all have to say first.
And thanks for the advice on the clothes, but dang it I already bought them and I really like them. To tell you the truth I'm not sure I found anything with back pockets. I could take them back and look for something else, but I don't usually exchange it's too much of a headache.

TTYL

Due February 1st, 2005